Call Of Duty: WWII (COD 2017) Page 7

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• Cosmical 3 Nov 2017 11:26:51 161 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Until your player character launches a sherman tank from a 7 killstreak reward and your fellow soldier in arms start bunny hopping and calling everyone the N word.
    I don't think in all the CoD games i've played I have ONCE achieved a 7kill streak. In fact it's so beyond my experience that I have no idea how this is even possible, yet apparently it is because I got hit by this shit constantly. I don't think the shabby ass netcode ever helped, which I'm sure got copy pasted here as well
  • PatrickEwing 3 Nov 2017 11:44:15 2,333 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Call of Duty 1 individual game reward / progression model was the best for me, I blimmin' loved United Offensive expansion pack
  • solidsneek 3 Nov 2017 12:04:47 379 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Cosmical wrote:
    So is this as shit as it looks? Same old same old?

I fucking hate kill/score/point/wankstreaks
    Why do you guys expect from COD genuinely? It's a multiplayer shooter but always has a great story line. Multiplayer has been the same in every COD for the last 10 years and that's not a bad thing it's what COD is. Yes the premises of the multiplayer differs in terms of the rubbish double jump etc but the core is still there.
  • captain_markyboy 3 Nov 2017 12:10:57 846 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is this worth a punt for the single player, and the occasional dabble into multi? Iím horribly shite online at all call of duty games and it puts me off....

I always enjoy the single player but i always feel slightly cheated after completing it in less than 10 hours then trading it in and losing £25....

Also, £52.99 in game? Fuck me.
    Sainsburyís next door is £45.99 and I still feel ripped off on the high st.
  • JamboWayOh 3 Nov 2017 13:24:04 3,376 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Managed to see a review in progress for this, med packs have returned so no health regen and what appears to be a sort of special abilities for your squad mates that recharge over time. Also read that it tries address the theme of the holocaust with an interactive scene. Ho hum.
  • cheese101 3 Nov 2017 13:39:29 725 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I know you are all probably waiting for my mini review. Itís still downloading the 9 gig patch. Early thoughts coming shortly.. sit tight!
  • Dgzter 3 Nov 2017 13:44:22 1,531 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Let us know the campaign length eh bud?

We're all holding out for that 60-hour epic tour de force; hope it delivers.
  • Theshape80 3 Nov 2017 15:28:23 12 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Had a quick go on the multiplayer. I quite like it. Who would have thought going back to basics makes it feel fresh again.
  • Derblington 3 Nov 2017 15:52:29 29,631 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm tempted to grab this. The campaign sounds so-so but I've got an itch to scratch for the MP.
  • cheese101 3 Nov 2017 15:56:18 725 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just done an hour on MP. Quite fun, will definitely take some time to get my footing and find a play style that gels. Do I have the time for this shit any more? Iíll give it a week or so.
  • GarlVinland 3 Nov 2017 15:58:13 2,166 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haven't paid attention to this at all. Out of interest, is there a reason to go for this for MP ahead of something like Battlefield? That seems broadly similar, but with extra planes, tanks, horses, destructible scenery etc.
  • Derblington 3 Nov 2017 16:11:14 29,631 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It largely comes down to the style of MP you enjoy.

CoD is faster, and more about map flow and 1-1 combat situations. Its more about mastery of your load-out and outplaying the enemy. 10 minute matches.
    BF is large scale and chaotic. It's a heavier focus on team play rather than individual skill, and you can contribute with being the best at shooting the enemy (often the highest scoring players aren't the most kills). 45 minute matches for the core stuff.

If you've never played BF, look into it before jumping in. It's a much steeper learning curve and you just might not take to its design. If you have people to play with you'll get the most out of it, but you'll also need a chunk of time.
  • GarlVinland 3 Nov 2017 16:32:10 2,166 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks, I played BF Bad Company 2 Vietnam eons ago but that's the extent of my BF experience. Drastically different from Black Ops 2. I'll take a look at some videos before deciding whether to dive in.
  • Derblington 3 Nov 2017 16:40:44 29,631 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BC2 was "only" 32 player. The increased scale that comes with 64 players changes the way the game plays quite a bit. You'll die a lot, often from someone or something that you didn't know had line of sight on you.

It's that aspect of the chaos that I tend to not get on with, and I prefer the type of experience that CoD and Titanfall provide.
  • beastmaster 5 Nov 2017 05:44:36 17,589 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A 9/10 from Gamespot.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 5 Nov 2017 07:30:15 11,008 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    BC2 was "only" 32 player. The increased scale that comes with 64 players changes the way the game plays quite a bit. You'll die a lot, often from someone or something that you didn't know had line of sight on you.

It's that aspect of the chaos that I tend to not get on with, and I prefer the type of experience that CoD and Titanfall provide.
    All the modes in BF games have 32 player versions. And they're way less chaotic than the hyper fast peashooter gameplay of COD games.
  • CompetitiveDad 5 Nov 2017 07:59:07 7,320 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm actually enjoying this.
  • Reacher 5 Nov 2017 08:06:35 2,580 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I picked it up for my son on Friday and 'borrowed' it for a few games late the same night. I enjoyed it so much , I went and bought my own copy on Saturday evening.

Sadly, the servers were down for most of the night when I was trying to play it online. What I was able to play however, I really liked. I wish the M1 Garand had a bit of a better sound when shooting though. The online was a good laugh.
  • -HairyArse 5 Nov 2017 09:52:41 1,005 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Reacher wrote:
    I picked it up for my son on Friday and 'borrowed' it for a few games late the same night. I enjoyed it so much , I went and bought my own copy on Saturday evening.

Sadly, the servers were down for most of the night when I was trying to play it online. What I was able to play however, I really liked. I wish the M1 Garand had a bit of a better sound when shooting though. The online was a good laugh.
    So thereís thing called game sharing wherein you buy a game once and you both get it...
  • beastmaster 5 Nov 2017 09:58:05 17,589 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Decided to get this on digital download on X Box. Will try the MP soon.

Got the One X arriving Tuesday, so that and having a Pro controller to play it with have swung it for me.
  • ChiefGB 5 Nov 2017 10:17:14 7,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Stealth, I'm a rich man post ;)
  • beastmaster 5 Nov 2017 10:31:37 17,589 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Stealth, I'm a rich man post ;)
    Stealth, I don't have a 4K TV post.
  • Addy_B 5 Nov 2017 10:37:47 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I bypassed last year's cod so it's been pretty much 2 years since I last played one. Tempted by this.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2017 10:51:41 21,975 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Addy_B wrote:
    I bypassed last year's cod so it's been pretty much 2 years since I last played one. Tempted by this.
    I "need" a new S, the Amazon offer of console+ForzaH3/dlc+COD for £200 seems very good. I fancy the campaign on this and maybe dabble in the mp, more likely Zombie mode.
  • StrayBezza 5 Nov 2017 11:06:21 980 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its really good. So good in fact I purchased the season pass (which is something I have never done before)
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2017 11:08:12 21,975 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @StrayBezza
    Campaign mate of the whole thing ?
  • CompetitiveDad 5 Nov 2017 11:10:52 7,320 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    -HairyArse wrote:
    Reacher wrote:

So thereís thing called game sharing wherein you buy a game once and you both get it...
    I'm digitally game sharing with a mate if that's what you mean.
  • Addy_B 5 Nov 2017 11:13:40 1,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @DUFFMAN5

I've just sold splatoon 2 elsewhere and have a £5 voucher for Argos so pretty much just have to add a tenner myself. So yes bought it. I'm only interested again due to it being back to WWII. Like you it's mainly campaign and zombies.

So I assume the stupid jetpack jumping and all the wall running shit has gone?
  • StrayBezza 5 Nov 2017 11:18:28 980 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

What do you mean?
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2017 11:22:54 21,975 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @StrayBezza

You said it is really good, I was enquiring what was good ;)
    I'm interested in campaign.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.