Skyrim - Nintendo Switch Page 3

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Mfolf 6 Nov 2017 11:15:39 1,563 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I didnít really care about it but the more I see the more I quite like the thought of being lost in the world again but in a format where I can find the time to actually get lost. I never did complete it. In large part as I canít get lost in a world where Iím only playing for a an hour max while missus waits for strictly to start.
  • Phattso 6 Nov 2017 11:17:24 22,110 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    Have they confirmed whether it's the Remastered edition?
    I'm fairly sure it's just the bog standard version. Switch doesn't quite have the grunt to do all the extra volumetric effects in the remastered editions, nor house the higher res textures, etc. etc.

I'm sure it'll be fine on the 720p screen, though. Just might look a bit last gen on the tele.
  • rice_sandwich 6 Nov 2017 11:21:19 3,437 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm tempted to get it despite the unreasonably high price as I never managed to put more than a slight dent into it on pc. Portability is everything for me these days.
  • tonyferrino 6 Nov 2017 11:25:57 284 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Dazimus Yep, SA store + Monzo card = profit. Well, not profit, but you get the idea.

I tried to make a Mexican account too as they have some good prices (particularly Stardew Valley, I think that's about £6), but it doesn't seem to like the card.

I use this site for comparison - you can sort all by GBP equivalent.

https://eshop-prices.com/games?currency=GBP
  • tonyferrino 6 Nov 2017 11:43:03 284 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm actually seriously considering getting it on Switch and PSVR. I've already bought it twice in the past. It's like the perfect storm for me - my final PG Cert work gets submitted tomorrow and I'm off work, and then I go on a 4 week holiday to New Zealand at the end of the month. I can get nearly two weeks of VR Skrim in, then play it for hours on long haul flights. Jesus. Not looking forward to the end of my little sabbatical though (not that I expect sympathy lol).
  • the_milkybar_kid 6 Nov 2017 11:47:33 6,175 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Phattso Oof, that's rough. Going back to the old version from the remaster would be a no-no. I'm sure it'd manage a scaled back version of the remaster, but then would require too much work than Bethesda are willing to put in.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 6 Nov 2017 11:53:43 31,575 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    Have they confirmed whether it's the Remastered edition?
    It's a port of the remastered version, though for obvious reasons most of it is tuned down a bit. It's still fairly noticeable in certain screenshots and footage (on mobile so afraid I can't link). Obviously I still wouldn't expect it to have all the enhancements, but it has a few of them like improved foliage and lighting.
  • Singularity 20 Nov 2017 15:13:27 2,676 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just spent lunchtime in the pub, creeping around the first barrow to get that golden claw thingy. I'm playing as an archer, and with my crappy bow I was genuinely pretty terrified whenever a draugr started chasing me about. Thought that was pretty remarkable for a portable console/game.
  • samharper 20 Nov 2017 16:43:12 906 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Went from "I'm not paying £40 for a game I've already got" to being pretty interested, got a trip to New Zealand in a couple of weeks and the flight back has a 9 hour layover, going on my own too so the flights will be incredibly boring otherwise.

Praying either this or Doom gets a substantial price drop before then.
  • mangojoe 20 Nov 2017 20:12:02 1,577 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nah just get Stardew Valley haha
  • Razz 20 Nov 2017 20:33:22 63,325 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Stardew Valley? Kiss goodbye to any semblance of a life you had before, the game is crazy addictive.
  • Ragnor 20 Nov 2017 20:36:48 211 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Don't have a Switch (yet) but I don't think I could ever go back to vanilla Skyrim, even a portable one, after playing a heavily modded PC version. It would seem so empty and bland.

I would definitely pick BotW over this on Switch.
  • Ragnor 20 Nov 2017 20:40:44 211 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    foster2007 wrote:
    Skyrim has a more realistic aesthetic, I definitely prefer the visuals of Elder Scrolls to Zelda, also mods.
    Er, Skyrim on Switch doesn't support mods, nor will it ever. The X1 can only just about run some of the more demanding mods and those that require Script Extender not at all. Then there is storage space, which Switch is lacking.

Edited by Ragnor at 20:46:09 20-11-2017
  • TenderChicken 21 Nov 2017 08:36:20 3,480 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm tempted to get this too (when I get the Switch) , despite owning it in the Xbox and playing the shit out of it on 360. It's such a great game to lose some time to!
  • Dolly 21 Nov 2017 11:55:40 3,490 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Quick question - My Nintendo Points that you get for registering new cartridges. Are they only on First Party Nintendo titles, or do all Third Party Games have them too?
  • monkman76 21 Nov 2017 12:06:58 12,030 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Follow-up question - how do you register a cartridge?
  • Phattso 21 Nov 2017 12:19:59 22,110 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    From their website: "Complete this mission by registering a Nintendo Switch game card to your Nintendo Account. You can do this directly from the HOME Menu of your Nintendo Switch. Press the + or - Button while the icon of the game you want to register is selected. Then go to "My Nintendo Rewards Programme" and select "Earn Points"."
  • Dolly 21 Nov 2017 12:20:21 3,490 posts
    Seen 44 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @monkman76 On the main Switch menu, hover over the game and press the + button, gives you the option from there.
  • Graxlar_v3 21 Nov 2017 12:28:14 771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    right, i have set up my wood elf (doesn't bode will as i am getting a headache just from that)

edit: ok, have completed the escape... fuck me this game.

It runs smoother than i ever remember it on the ps3 and i truly think it suits the switch handheld screen over that of the xbox one. I tried first person and third person view and both seemed fine (surprisingly) though it is easier to aim in first person - thankfully even switching view seems to work well. I am really looking forward to finally completing this game :).

Its fucking Skyrim on a handheld, that runs well... its fucking insane.

oh, and my biggest surprise, the subtitles are not only viable but really easy to read, even in handheld mode.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 12:59:43 21-11-2017
  • Graxlar_v3 21 Nov 2017 13:00:49 771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    one grump (which i easily fixed) is having jump on x... what were they thinking.
  • Ror 21 Nov 2017 13:06:42 16,738 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Because you need to hoover up the items of the realm with the B/A/X button (delete as appropriate for your format of choice).

But yeah, always hated that jump was on Y on Xbox. You get used to it after a bit, but there's always a period of adjustment after you've been playing something else. At least for me.

I really want to get this, but realistically I won't touch it for months as Xeno is out in less than two weeks. Plus it'd be the fourth time I've bought it /o\
  • Graxlar_v3 21 Nov 2017 13:10:04 771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @Ror see, the stupid thing is, B was open up the menu.... so it is an easy decision to switch buttons.

Man, this game :)... all the switch needs now is a dark souls port and it will be my favourite machine
  • Graxlar_v3 21 Nov 2017 13:10:32 771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    oh and this was the third time i bought it.
  • Ror 21 Nov 2017 13:14:50 16,738 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I just wish all games would allow full button remapping.

Wait, B is menu?!

See, I put about 250 hours into the 360 version, maybe a dozen on PC, maybe the same again on the Special Edition on XBO... Am I really going to play it again.

Probably.
  • Graxlar_v3 21 Nov 2017 13:16:25 771 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @Ror it is gonna be perfect for me when i don't want to sit in the front room all night.

well, not menu menu, the item menu thing.

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 13:17:25 21-11-2017
  • Ror 21 Nov 2017 13:36:00 16,738 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I want it on Switch, but I don't know if I can justify it :D

I can't remember for sure, because the Skyrim control scheme is all over the place, but I think menu was on B on Xbox..? Actual B though, not stupid backwards Nintendo B. That's A, which was interact. It seems like pure madness to have menu on the bottom button in the diamond!
  • monkman76 21 Nov 2017 13:38:14 12,030 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Dolly Thanks. Worked on LA Noire at least, got 14 gold points :)
  • Zero_g 21 Nov 2017 13:45:37 129 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Zero_g 21 Nov 2017 13:45:41 129 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @monkman76
    The problem with Nintendo points is that there are currently no Switch related titles or shopfront to spend them on...
    Sorry for being slightly off topic in Skyrim. Trying hard not to buy it...
  • DaM 21 Nov 2017 15:06:19 16,868 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Gave in and used doubled up Nectar points to get it for £23 ish in Sainsbury's. Mainly for my youngest who's glued to his Switch. Actually thinking of buying another, as I can't get a look in....

Now I'll try and fail not to buy it for the PSVR.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.