The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Page 242

• Page

of 243 First / Last

• CompetitiveDad 16 Jan 2018 21:12:31 7,578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't think they're a chore, just don't have the time, I put 60 hrs into the game so far and I've found 58.
  • DangerousDave_87 16 Jan 2018 21:25:36 3,613 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad At some points I was collecting 30 an hour. They're all around you.
  • JoelStinty 16 Jan 2018 21:39:14 6,083 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    I really enjoyed finding Korok seeds. Its a shame some folk here haven't bothered with them. It was genuinely rewarding when you noticed something out of place and went to investigate. They make for nice rewards for your curiosity and mean you can carry a fudge-ton of gear later in the game.

I went mental with them in the end and found around 650. I did go out of my way to find a lot of them, but it was hardly a tracing experience. It certainly wasn't a chore.
    I was drawn into them by their child like view on the world. I wasn't particularly bothered by them at first, just seeing them as a means to get more slots in my inventory, but then i fell into a river whilst trying to throw a rock into a crop of rocks below me. Combined with the animations and physic engine of the incident, it just kind of took me back to my own childhood and i realised that all the different variations of puzzles were all activities we all played in some form or another when out playing. After that, i really enjoyed seeking them out, and noticing things that were out of place or following my own intuition formed my own experiences.

i can see why people view them as cookie clutter, but i think they're quite charming and just underpin what Legend of Zelda was originally intended to be about.
  • CompetitiveDad 16 Jan 2018 21:40:27 7,578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm going to concentrate on going and finding the master sword. I've 11 heart cells, one more shrine and I'll be able to upgrade to 12.
  • CompetitiveDad 17 Jan 2018 11:14:56 7,578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I've discovered the Lost Woods, however when I try entering it resets and places me at my last spot. Is there an entrance that I must find rather than randomly wondering in?
  • Garfy 17 Jan 2018 11:20:15 1,315 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    I think I've discovered the Lost Woods, however when I try entering it resets and places me at my last spot. Is there an entrance that I must find rather than randomly wondering in?
    Yes. Trying to glide in doesn't work.
  • Banjax 17 Jan 2018 15:55:22 233 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The korok at the entrance pretty much tells you how to get in there. The path through it is not random and you definitely can't glide into it.

Re the korok seeds, I'm only up to about 180 so far despite having ploughed hours into this and being halfway through the DLC. The Hero's Path really helped me find spots I hadn't been before and hence find more korok seeds. That dam in the Zora area had completely passed me by until now!

As for the DLC... I'm enjoying the new shrines a lot and finding new areas on the map I hadn't explored before. Despite its name though, there's barely any additional story and recycling the bosses again was a choice. I'm pretty disappointed with it if I'm honest but I'll plough on and finish it nonetheless.
  • CompetitiveDad 18 Jan 2018 09:27:23 7,578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bought the DLC this morning, did the labyrinth quest to allow fast travel to any destination, silly question time... How do I enable it?

Looked at the areas that I'd been to that shows your foot print, unreal how many areas I haven't even been near!!!!

I'm one orb away from my 13th heart container, then off to the lost woods.
  • Banjax 18 Jan 2018 10:47:22 233 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad Are you talking about the Travel Medallion? It's in your inventory and you can drop it anywhere to fast travel back to that place. You can only drop it where you are standing though, it doesn't let you teleport all over the map.
  • CompetitiveDad 18 Jan 2018 10:50:09 7,578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Banjax yes, didn't realise it was an item to drop!! Thought I had to select from the map.

Many thanks!!!

Climbed the tower that reveals the area to the Great Hyrule Forest

Edited by CompetitiveDad at 10:51:35 18-01-2018
  • Banjax 18 Jan 2018 11:06:52 233 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad I thought I'd rinsed this game until I enabled the Hero's Path! It's helped me massively with getting Kilton's medals.
  • CompetitiveDad 18 Jan 2018 12:52:09 7,578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Master Sword acquired!
    4th divine beast down!
  • CompetitiveDad 19 Jan 2018 11:04:12 7,578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Defeated Gannon, credits rolled (skipped them in the end) go back to the main menu, try to continue game but it's put me back before I faced Gannon.

I thought you would be able to mop up the side quests and memories afterwards and see the world without Gannon in?
  • minky-kong 19 Jan 2018 11:16:22 13,369 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You can mop up stuff, just fast travel out of the castle. Unfortunately you can't see the world without Ganon though.
  • CompetitiveDad 19 Jan 2018 11:22:00 7,578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @minky-kong gutted. That's a bit shit. I'd of held off knowing in advance. Oh well

Edited by CompetitiveDad at 11:25:43 19-01-2018
  • onemoresolo 19 Jan 2018 11:30:06 55 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad No, as Minky said you just fast travel out. The game will reload just before the fight, so you're free to fast travel and do your mopping up.

You'll note the save file has a * next to it, denoting you've beaten Ganon, which changes a couple of minor things. But you can't miss anything as regardless of having beaten him or not, you can travel out of the castle and carry on exploring.
  • CompetitiveDad 19 Jan 2018 12:14:08 7,578 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks for the reply!
  • Humperfunk 20 Jan 2018 21:29:06 7,330 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Right, all memories done, master sword acquired so now ready to take on Ganon! Which I will do tomorrow, bah. Think I am prepared but am wary I may need to do more side stuff if he hands me my arsehole.
  • Humperfunk 21 Jan 2018 12:08:19 7,330 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bosh, bye bye Ganon you slag!

What a game.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 21 Jan 2018 12:10:56 1,790 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Congrats :)
  • Humperfunk 21 Jan 2018 12:17:05 7,330 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Definitely one of "those" games where everything I play immediately afterwards will seem shit!
  • JoelStinty 21 Jan 2018 12:41:13 6,083 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Definitely one of "those" games where everything I play immediately afterwards will seem shit!
    The nice thing about BOTW is that it still a lot of fun to play after you have finished the game. I’ve probably spent about a third of my total hours spent post Ganon. Sure some of that is playing the Dlc but a fair chunk of Is doing unfinished or missed Sidequests or shrines. It is one of those games that feels effortless to play
  • ghearoid 21 Jan 2018 12:51:13 2,863 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    After BotW whenever I play anything else I just keep thinking "why can't I climb that?" or "why can't I enter that building?"

It has totally ruined gaming for me. :)
  • StixxUK 26 Jan 2018 18:40:35 7,870 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just started this, it's pretty good! Not sure it has all the charm of a traditional Zelda (especially the shrines) but the world is massive!

Definitely takes it's time to do things though, maybe a little too slow paced but other than that I'm having a good time. Ventured into some places with monsters that have killed me in one hit quite regularly especially some of the guardians are bastards!
  • cowell 31 Jan 2018 14:31:23 1,430 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Today's real world Super Blood Moon has me a little worried....
  • DangerousDave_87 31 Jan 2018 15:19:24 3,613 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You got yourself some murder victims looking for revenge?
  • cowell 31 Jan 2018 16:32:56 1,430 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Uhh... uhhh... They were... self..defense victims....
  • cowell 1 Feb 2018 11:07:43 1,430 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not stellar but certainly enjoying what I've seen of the Champions Ballad DLC so far.

Enjoying identifying the areas to head to from the pictures and the new dungeons. The historical boss battles are ok and the rewards of the amended powers are handy.

As I say not stellar, but it feels fun overall. Getting more out of this than DLC1 for sure

Edited by cowell at 11:08:23 01-02-2018
  • YYDeckard 2 Feb 2018 00:03:31 16 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    170 hours I’ve played this after completely replaying from the start once - off the scale value for money and sheer enjoyment. As good as it gets.
  • drhickman1983 8 Feb 2018 00:17:19 5,147 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I might not be patient enough for this game. I stumbled across the Zora and the divine beast Vah Ruta quest line, and I've kind of realised I like having a bit more direction.

Since that wrapped up I've basically wandered around rather aimlessly unlocking towers and doing shrines, which is enjoyable but I am staying to yearn for a bit more linearity.
  • Page

of 243 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.