The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Page 238

  • Page

    of 240 First / Last

  • neilka 9 Dec 2017 00:34:56 20,780 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TOO MANY POSTS ABOUT TOO MANY DECKARDS
  • Beckyster 9 Dec 2017 07:30:53 40 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Enjoying this so far, took me a while to pass the first part as fighting baddies for me usually consists of bashing buttons repeatedly or I kept killing myself in daft ways.

    This dlc seems to have something for everyone , I am not much of a fighter so the dlc 1 sword trials were very difficult for me personally.

    I don't mind it taking me a while as not sure if we will receive anymore dlc content for this game.
  • DakeyrasUK 9 Dec 2017 08:14:52 1,311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah I found the first trial too difficult for about 20 mins. Then I realised I had access to my 5x bow with over 100 bomb arrows.

    Was easy from that point onwards.

    The first few shrines presented a little challenge, but again not too tough.

    Noy much story so far, but I have noticed there are a about 5 or 6 memories to unlock, which I think means that many cut scenes.
  • Zidargh 9 Dec 2017 15:28:21 1,901 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DakeyrasUK Iíd be disappointed if thatís what Nintendo meant by finding out more about the Champions.

    I know Iím hoping for more story. Mind you they just dropped this out of the blue so perhaps there are some surprises.
  • Cadger 10 Dec 2017 08:32:50 8 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DakeyrasUK wrote:
    Yeah I found the first trial too difficult for about 20 mins. Then I realised I had access to my 5x bow with over 100 bomb arrows.

    Was easy from that point onwards.

    The first few shrines presented a little challenge, but again not too tough.

    Noy much story so far, but I have noticed there are a about 5 or 6 memories to unlock, which I think means that many cut scenes.
    I was the same, once I realised you didnít HAVE to use the weapon, it became a lot easier. Iím enjoying it, if nothing else, Iím happy to be back in the world - Iím glad I hadnít started Xenoblade yet!
  • Graxlar_v3 10 Dec 2017 16:18:14 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Anyone else a bit disappointed with the zelda DLC. I have been wracking my brain to try and work out why I wasnít having much fun with it.

    I think part of it is me feeling a little ill and therefore not being in the best mood but a lot of it is how the DLC removes the part of zelda I loved the most. It directs you to the next objective and removes the element of just aimlessly wandering around.

    My enjoyment of zelda was in the sense of exploration and wonder, this is a much more linear experience and I think the dlc suffers for it.
  • Seansthomas 10 Dec 2017 16:23:31 3 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Wouldn't say disappointed, but I hear you. Removes the sense of just wandering around and discovering things, plus many of the new challenges are very familiar dealing of the core experience. I'd not played it in months so I'm enjoying being back, but so far, some good shrines aside, it's a bit formulaic.
  • Salaman 10 Dec 2017 16:29:28 22,916 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    My WiiU won't read the bloody Zelda disc anymore. It's not scratched, I'm not sure what it's problem is. :/
  • disusedgenius 10 Dec 2017 18:12:22 8,854 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My biggest issue with all the DLC is that the new sets of clothes don't upgrade at all, which is a shame if you wanted to play dress up AND be useful.
  • cowell 13 Dec 2017 18:55:45 1,402 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone recommend any good videos or guides? Iíve done 4 divine beasts so Iím pretty powerful. Problem is I havenít played for a few months. Iím back for the DLC and am stumbling around like a total chump. Canít remember how to surf or where half the stuff is like i did when I was mainlining the game daily. I canít be the only one that struggles returning to games....
  • philreeduk 19 Dec 2017 15:12:12 450 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @cowell I have been using the Polygon Guides, just type in what you want help with and it is in the top 1 or 2 results on google.
  • cowell 19 Dec 2017 15:48:27 1,402 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @philreeduk It's slowly coming back to me, but those guides look pretty exhaustive. Cheers
  • Salaman 19 Dec 2017 16:46:19 22,916 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Never heard of those guides. This made me chuckle.

    Cook with ferries. They provide an incredible boost to your meal.

    Are the wooden rafts I've seen ferries?
  • AaronTurner 20 Dec 2017 13:46:36 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    "Finished" this last night. Absolutely brilliant, up the amongst the very best games I've ever played. Still have lots to do, including the DLC.

    I did find the last incarnation of calamity ganon to be quite frustrating though, more of an intricate puzzle than a battle really.
  • cowell 20 Dec 2017 16:45:02 1,402 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This one shot weapon in the DLC is kinda funny. Shrines causing me more deaths than the combat to be honest
  • robc84 20 Dec 2017 20:47:25 12,078 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    cowell wrote:
    Anyone recommend any good videos or guides? Iíve done 4 divine beasts so Iím pretty powerful. Problem is I havenít played for a few months. Iím back for the DLC and am stumbling around like a total chump. Canít remember how to surf or where half the stuff is like i did when I was mainlining the game daily. I canít be the only one that struggles returning to games....
    I'm a fair way in (2 DB, 10 memories) and I've never surfed. Don't even know how. Is it when you jump on your shield down a hill?

    I've climbed all towers now, think I've done 55 odd shrines and apart from a few shrine quests I still need to figure out I'm not seeing anymore. I've finally built up the courage to venture closer to the castle but man those guardians are tough. Killed a few but my bladesaw is now broken and I used most of meals.

    Now they've all gone and respawned :(
  • Armoured_Bear 20 Dec 2017 22:37:50 20,798 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    cowell wrote:
    Anyone recommend any good videos or guides? Iíve done 4 divine beasts so Iím pretty powerful. Problem is I havenít played for a few months. Iím back for the DLC and am stumbling around like a total chump. Canít remember how to surf or where half the stuff is like i did when I was mainlining the game daily. I canít be the only one that struggles returning to games....
    I'm a fair way in (2 DB, 10 memories) and I've never surfed. Don't even know how. Is it when you jump on your shield down a hill?

    I've climbed all towers now, think I've done 55 odd shrines and apart from a few shrine quests I still need to figure out I'm not seeing anymore. I've finally built up the courage to venture closer to the castle but man those guardians are tough. Killed a few but my bladesaw is now broken and I used most of meals.

    Now they've all gone and respawned :(
    You wanna get yourself some ancient gear.
  • Mola_Ram 20 Dec 2017 23:19:47 16,880 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And the Master Sword.
  • Garfy 20 Dec 2017 23:26:18 1,302 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    And practice parrying their lasers
  • Thingy 20 Dec 2017 23:43:02 6,469 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And hit them in the eye with an arrow then run around and cut their legs off.
  • Carlo 21 Dec 2017 01:08:26 19,940 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    TOO MANY POSTS ABOUT TOO MANY DECKARDS
    Making too many problems
  • robc84 21 Dec 2017 06:28:40 12,078 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear

    But it takes so many materials to get the weapons and they don't even seem to last that long considering their cost.

    Or do you mean armour?
  • robc84 21 Dec 2017 06:29:50 12,078 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thingy wrote:
    And hit them in the eye with an arrow then run around and cut their legs off.
    Good tip, thanks.
  • quadfather 21 Dec 2017 10:58:25 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @robc84

    If you want to be swimming in ancient weapons, just do a lot more of the combat shrines - most of the mini guardians drop a couple each time.

    Edit - or get the master sword as has been mentioned

    Edited by quadfather at 10:58:45 21-12-2017
  • robc84 21 Dec 2017 13:57:14 12,078 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @quadfather

    Is the master sword in the forest? That's where I was heading next.
  • CompetitiveDad 21 Dec 2017 14:13:12 7,467 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I should really get back into this!!
  • quadfather 21 Dec 2017 14:16:32 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    @quadfather

    Is the master sword in the forest? That's where I was heading next.

    It is, yes. You need a certain amount of ummph to get it though. Think Excalibur.
  • the_milkybar_kid 21 Dec 2017 14:21:03 6,267 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thingy wrote:
    And hit them in the eye with an arrow then run around and cut their legs off.
    Got 110 hours logged and didn't even know you could do that.
  • robc84 21 Dec 2017 14:45:25 12,078 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    @quadfather

    Is the master sword in the forest? That's where I was heading next.

    It is, yes. You need a certain amount of ummph to get it though. Think Excalibur.
    Hmm, ok. So more so than usual destroying of rocks with sledgehammer?
  • quadfather 21 Dec 2017 15:18:19 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    robc84 wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    robc84 wrote:
    @quadfather

    Is the master sword in the forest? That's where I was heading next.

    It is, yes. You need a certain amount of ummph to get it though. Think Excalibur.
    Hmm, ok. So more so than usual destroying of rocks with sledgehammer?
    You need a lot of hearts to free it.
  • Page

    of 240 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.