The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Page 231

• Page

of 233 First / Last

• ghearoid 28 Oct 2017 09:51:18 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @robc84

I looked around and used the landmarks. The shape of a mountain or a particular tree etc. Some I just stumbled across on my travels.

At each stable you'll see a familiar face. Ask that person for a clue. ;)
  • THFourteen 28 Oct 2017 11:17:02 46,269 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmmmm got to beat Ganon now. Need to finish at least the main story before next month when Xenoblade comes out otherwise itís basically never being ďfinishedĒ.
  • Malek86 31 Oct 2017 09:11:15 6,334 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got back to this for some reason, and now I remember the bit where I got stumped. In the Zora divine beast, one of the terminals behind bars. There's a ball underneath, I can stasis into a slot, bit it doesn't stay in place. I think I can rotate the thing somehow, but I don't see how.
  • ghearoid 9 Nov 2017 18:03:22 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Booted this up again tonight to do the Xenoblade 2 side quest. Found two out three so far.

Two weeks of Odyssey has me pressing the B button to jump. :)
  • ghearoid 9 Nov 2017 18:03:23 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Double post, whoo! :)

Edited by ghearoid at 20:36:00 09-11-2017
  • Gaol 9 Nov 2017 20:11:42 3,221 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I use the alternate controls. Using the top button to jump is just wrong.
  • robc84 9 Nov 2017 20:14:34 11,909 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Found a few more memories, and have just been exploring and looking for shrines.

Been up death mountain, but it just got too hot on one of the quests so I need to figure out what to do there. May go back to the divine beast at Zora's domain.

This game is just soooo big!
  • Mola_Ram 10 Nov 2017 08:12:27 16,355 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Phwoar, this is a bit good isn't it? I just started and took a quick detour to a large building, which turned out to be the Temple of Time. The remix of the OOT music that was playing, was properly special.

It's very melancholic so far, which I love.
  • dominalien 10 Nov 2017 08:21:51 8,322 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It is grand. I just got back to it after a couple of months' break, smashed through Eventide Island, which I'd found so frustrating before I took the break in the first place and have been playing all the time since, just exploring, doing side-quests and trials. On my way to Death Mountain (is that even a spoiler at this point?), but getting sidetracked all the time.
  • DangerousDave_87 10 Nov 2017 08:22:54 2,713 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Mola_Ram I assumed you'd already played this! If you're enjoying it already, it only gets better.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Nov 2017 08:26:09 16,355 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Lol, I only got a Switch a couple of weeks ago, and I've been busy with Mario, Mario XCOM.

But yeah, this is pretty special so far. Hopefully it won't fall into the same traps that most open world games do for me.
  • Phattso 10 Nov 2017 08:28:26 22,014 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Itís unlike most other open world experiences. Youíll have fun. :)

It consumed me for a full six weeks on launch. Played almost nothing else.
  • THFourteen 10 Nov 2017 10:12:14 46,269 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Never "finished" this. Got to Ganon and tried a few times but kept dying. Can't get the timing right on deflecting the beams

Now other games have gotten in the way so it's never getting "finished"

oh well
  • ghearoid 10 Nov 2017 10:32:15 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I finished it a few weeks ago and now really looking forward to seeing what's in the new DLC. Most fun I've had playing a game in years.
  • ghearoid 10 Nov 2017 10:36:29 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @THFourteen

I was rubbish at deflecting too so just made sure that Daruk's protection was fully charged up. Once it ran out, I just evaded the final boss for a bit until it charged up again, then used it again. That was it really, used up two charges.
  • Salaman 10 Nov 2017 10:46:27 22,830 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Does the number of assassins popping up increase every time you defeat a diving beast, regardless of whether or not you defeat their leader?

It's getting a bit annoying now.

Edited by Salaman at 11:04:23 13-11-2017
  • Phattso 10 Nov 2017 10:49:48 22,014 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It does, yeah, and the strength of the assassin increases also - good source of fancy weapons though. :)
  • nudistpete 10 Nov 2017 10:55:57 160 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Anyone able to give me a hint to find the mountain with the last piece of xenoblade gear? I spent a silly amount of time climbing (almost?) every peak in the hebra region and have nowt to show for it :(
  • ghearoid 10 Nov 2017 11:27:16 2,657 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @nudistpete it's the highest peak (there's a shrine right at the bottom so you can warp nearby)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 10 Nov 2017 13:14:22 2,717 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I need to get back to this. Stopped at a boss fight so probably not the best starting point after an extended break (the Zora domain divine beast boss fight. I was enjoying it though (on WiiU).
  • THFourteen 10 Nov 2017 13:32:47 46,269 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    It does, yeah, and the strength of the assassin increases also - good source of fancy weapons though. :)
    Still a fucking pointless mechanic, break a fancy weapon (and half of another fancy weapon) in order to trade for a similar fancy weapon.

Just run past most fights
  • THFourteen 10 Nov 2017 13:33:16 46,269 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @ghearoid

Will try that ta, doesnt that effect take AGES to charge up?

Also saw another person saying you can use stasis when he's fallen, didnt realise that.
  • Phattso 10 Nov 2017 14:06:35 22,014 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Phattso wrote:
    Still a fucking pointless mechanic, break a fancy weapon (and half of another fancy weapon) in order to trade for a similar fancy weapon.

Just run past most fights
    Well, I felt the same but I have spoken to a lot of people that adored the combat. Horses for courses. I thought combat was durability was wank, but it didn't stop me loving the everlasting fuck out of the game.
  • Psiloc 10 Nov 2017 14:15:18 4,098 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Iíve started a new game on this recently having bought it again on Switch. Donít think Iíve ever started another RPG play through so quickly and yet itís sucked me straight back in. This is definitely one of my favourite games of all time.

I grew to love the weapon durability mechanic, I thought it was an inspired way of balancing the game while adding a new layer of strategy. Itís more tedious when youíre low on inventory slots though. Find them Korok seeds!

By the way were these ďdurability plusĒ weapons patched in or something? Donít remember them from the Wii U play through.
  • Mfolf 10 Nov 2017 14:23:38 1,437 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Those assassin fights were a piece of piss. I loved the surprise of them.
  • Phattso 10 Nov 2017 14:32:07 22,014 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah they were never hard. Just annoying if one was trying to do a thing or go to a place. They were like a shit Kato.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Nov 2017 21:01:42 16,355 posts
    Seen 19 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So, two things that already make this more compelling than most other open-world games I've played.

1. No people, or at least very few people. Even the Fallout wasteland is packed with idiots who are just waiting for you to come along so they can get you to fetch something or other. The writing is often terrible in those games, and hurts the immersion.

But there's no chance of bad writing annoying me, when there's no writing! It's a dream introverted nature walk simulator. With monsters.

2. No icons plastering the map. You find a place that looks cool, mark it, and go there. There's stuff to find, but it isn't being pushed in your face. A cleaner map makes it feel less like work for the OCD in me.
  • MrFlay 10 Nov 2017 23:03:53 3,605 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    Iíve started a new game on this recently having bought it again on Switch. Donít think Iíve ever started another RPG play through so quickly and yet itís sucked me straight back in. This is definitely one of my favourite games of all time.
    I played it for about a hundred hours in Wii U and then started again on Switch and I enjoyed it just as much the second time. I found lots of stuff I hadn't on my first save just by wandering off in a different direction.
  • nudistpete 10 Nov 2017 23:04:37 160 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    ghearoid wrote:
    @nudistpete it's the highest peak (there's a shrine right at the bottom so you can warp nearby)
    Thank you. That was the first place I tried yesterday, but it seems like you need to stare at the sky for aaaaaaaages
  • Red_Bool 11 Nov 2017 18:43:03 1,555 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Unbelievable! I was doing the Xenoblade mini mission and discovered a stable that I hadn't seen before... And I've already beaten Ganon!

By the way: The Xenoblade mission is also available on WiiU (in case people were wondering)
  • Page

of 233 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.