Ghost Recon: Wildlands Page 19

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• ozthegweat 12 Oct 2017 07:52:16 1,723 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Currently on sale on PSN… is this more like Far Cry 3/4 or more like The Division?
  • Frogofdoom 12 Oct 2017 07:57:01 6,805 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hybrid of both tbh.
  • Blackmarsh63 12 Oct 2017 07:58:48 1,196 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ozthegweat I'd say it leans more to Far Cry. Its free to play over the weekend if you weren't aware.
  • ozthegweat 12 Oct 2017 11:29:35 1,723 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Blackmarsh63 I wasn't, thank you. Will give it a go!
  • LittleSparra 12 Oct 2017 13:37:11 7,698 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's not really like Far Cry though, in essence. Big jungly world though.

The new competitive MP mode is actually really good. Yeah it has unlock trees and that, but the game leans hard on careful fire, comms, and allows loads of space for clever play, particularly as you have 1 life, but can be DBNO without dying, and revivable... so, a downed player becomes both a focus for later engagements, meaning the map sees heatspots in dynamic places each round. The maps are obviously far smaller than the world map, but there is still loads and loads of cover, given they are portions of the world map, and are quite varied in feel (so far, anyway). It's a nice mix of strategy and frantic firefights.

Edited by LittleSparra at 13:38:32 12-10-2017
  • Sharz 12 Oct 2017 15:23:51 1,764 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pretty decent deal on the ubi store if anyone fancies getting into it. You can get the gold edition for £30 or the super whiz bang with skull and headset edition for £60.

Bit torn personally as I always say wait for the gold/GOTY edition to be a good price. And now that I have done I have no one to play with.
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Oct 2017 15:33:23 22,420 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    Currently on sale on PSN… is this more like Far Cry 3/4 or more like The Division?
    Ghost Crycon: Divisionlands would be a good description :)
    I totally enjoyed my time with the game, be warned it is massive with repeatability in abundance.
  • GarlVinland 12 Oct 2017 16:55:58 2,666 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    ozthegweat wrote:
    Ghost Crycon: Divisionlands would be a good description :)
    I totally enjoyed my time with the game, be warned it is massive with repeatability in abundance.
    o_O You have my attention...

Is it worth getting though if I'd just be playing SP? Seems ideal for co-op but all my asshole gaming friends refuse to budge from Destiny or FF14.
  • LittleSparra 12 Oct 2017 17:10:38 7,698 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's absolutely brilliant in co-op. Convince them.
  • JiveHound 12 Oct 2017 17:16:02 9,240 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Downloading the trial. May give it a go over the weekend.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 17:21:18 5,237 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Downloading trial now, anyone who wants a co-op buddy my gamertag is JamboWayOh. I'm so original.
  • Captain_Toad 13 Oct 2017 09:25:53 454 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Played this in a sandboxy kinda way earlier and it was good fun. Managed to get a sniper rifle too.

Odd that you can randomly pick one up off a guy but that doesn't unlock it, you have to get it from a stash to do that. So I googled and found a stash where I could get one.

Flew half way across the map, dashed in, grabbed it, flew out again. Was more like Benny Hill spec ops than Seal team.
  • DUFFMAN5 13 Oct 2017 09:36:14 22,420 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    LittleSparra wrote:
    It's absolutely brilliant in co-op. Convince them.
    I agree, although I have joined players that want to play it 100% as a Seal's type Simulator! and have used the taglines "REAL LIFE strategies only" and such.

Needles to say I had the last laugh...when I left the party ;)
  • Captain_Toad 14 Oct 2017 19:19:36 454 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Having quite a bit of fun with this so they got £20 out of me. Still haven't tried the co-op yet though, having too much fun doing sync shots with my robots.
  • ozthegweat 15 Oct 2017 20:00:40 1,723 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This now has its hooks in me, bought it today after trying it out for two days.

It is huge and beautiful, although I hope there are not many "defend" missions, as the mechanics for sneaky traps and stealthy infiltrations are good, but not for hectic combat.

The voice actress for the main character is quite mediocre though.
  • LittleSparra 15 Oct 2017 20:20:17 7,698 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I love this PvP.
  • Derblington 15 Oct 2017 20:28:00 30,398 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I really want to play this but I can't get any of my social group interested.
  • Captain_Toad 15 Oct 2017 21:49:15 454 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Its not perfect but its huge fun and I enjoy it a lot more than the recent Far Cry games.

I finished off the first area 100% and its taken me about 10 hours.

It has the FEEL of The Division so if you liked that then this is a no brainer.  In many ways its more fun though, with helicopters and squad mechanics.

The world is gorgeous too.  Transitions from day to night etc are lovely and not as frequent as some games. 

Being a sandbox it has the potential for hilarity.  Being killed crossing the road can be more of a hazard than the enemy :)

I guess you need to try it to know.  I think Ubi should just put up a permanent 4 hour trial of the game, there would be no risk to them and would really open it up to lots of people.
  • Captain_Toad 15 Oct 2017 22:00:00 454 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Took this vid earlier on a helicopter ride and it shows the beauty of the world quite well:

https://youtu.be/9EfY-futPKQ
  • JamboWayOh 15 Oct 2017 22:05:25 5,237 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Captain_Toad wrote:
    Its not perfect but its huge fun and I enjoy it a lot more than the recent Far Cry games.

I finished off the first area 100% and its taken me about 10 hours.

It has the FEEL of The Division so if you liked that then this is a no brainer.  In many ways its more fun though, with helicopters and squad mechanics.

The world is gorgeous too.  Transitions from day to night etc are lovely and not as frequent as some games. 

Being a sandbox it has the potential for hilarity.  Being killed crossing the road can be more of a hazard than the enemy :)

I guess you need to try it to know.  I think Ubi should just put up a permanent 4 hour trial of the game, there would be no risk to them and would really open it up to lots of people.
    I though the game always had a trial, it's been that way on Xbox Live for a good while now.
  • Captain_Toad 15 Oct 2017 22:14:38 454 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @JamboWayOh Think I read about a 5 hour trial but pretty sure that was console only. 
  • JamboWayOh 15 Oct 2017 22:20:17 5,237 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Captain_Toad wrote:
    @JamboWayOh Think I read about a 5 hour trial but pretty sure that was console only. 
    That's a shame that it's not on pc. I don't even think 5hrs is enough time to get a feel for the game.
  • Captain_Toad 15 Oct 2017 22:30:03 454 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @JamboWayOh 5 hours on campaign + 5 hours pvp might be a better idea.
  • JamboWayOh 15 Oct 2017 22:37:35 5,237 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Captain_Toad

I haven't tried the PvP, I'm scared that I'd get annihilated. I am enjoying the free weekend of this game on xbox but none of my friends can be arsed and I can see how this would be hilarious in co-op. Also the topography is stunning at times, I remember zooming out on the map and thinking holy shit this game is massive.
  • Reacher 20 Oct 2017 17:41:58 2,631 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I picked this up on a whim yesterday and had a blast on it this afternoon. Seems like pretty good mindless fun.
  • captbirdseye 13 Dec 2017 14:38:48 8,240 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Predator DLC is out for this tomorrow. Trailer on Ubisoft Twitter feed.
  • Derblington 13 Dec 2017 14:56:30 30,398 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Don't think it's actually DLC but a timed event. There is a big update that launches with it though.
  • telboy007 13 Dec 2017 15:42:31 2,200 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Xbox version has suddenly gone up in price...
  • Jim_Dix 13 Dec 2017 15:48:53 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm probably preaching to the converted in this thread but I think that this game has had wonderful post launch support from its devs. When you look at the stuff that EA and Activision have come out with this year in terms of using a boxed game to drive bullshit microtransactions and outright gambling mechanics. Compared to Ubi who have put out weeks and weeks of challenges with cosmetic unlocks as prizes, engaged their community with puzzles to solve such as the Yeti, witches, day of the skull (and now Predator apparently). Yes there's a lot of cosmetics for sale on the store, but they have given loads away as well.

If there is one criticism I'd say that the season pass (untempting even before launch) is in fact a waste of money. Of the two episodes it gives you Narco Road looks ridiculous while Fallen Ghosts looks more interesting, yet is hamstrung by taking place in a different region and not being able to transfer new weapons back to the main game. That said, I think their free content model has been good and really should be commended, especially considering what has transpired in the last few months with their contemporaries.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Dec 2017 15:52:53 1,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @Jim_Dix Ubi have been very good with that (especially with Tom Clancy stuff)
  • Page

of 21 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.