Xbox one problem installing multiple games on disc.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • flintymania 7 Jan 2017 05:47:46 5 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hi people, My xbox one seems to have a problem when it comes to installing any game with multiple games on it such as resident evil origins, dead island definitive collection and killer instinct definitive edition.

So I always go offline to install my games, I bought both dead island and killer instinct recently and both will not show any content on disc when I press on the icon it brings me to manage content and theres nothing there! however the moment I go online it shows up. At first I thought it might be the discs however I have other multiple games installed a while back so I delete them from my harddrive and tried to install them offline again and now they don't work offline!

Games that only have one game on disc work fine to install offline so its just any multiple disc based game, this is doing my nut in! I've talk to xbox support and they were totally useless only saying that some games required to be installed online, well that may be but I know for a fact my copy of resident evil origins installed offline just fine and now it won't.

I have the latest update from December 2016, I can't find anything on the web about this problem, my xbox is an OG. It feels like mircosofts xbox always online for games has happened to my xbox one.

Please help me out people.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 Jan 2017 06:43:30 7,062 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Why do you insist on installing offline? If you know they only install online, then go online, right?
  • mothercruncher 7 Jan 2017 07:12:12 14,338 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Indeed.
    Jealous of your original gangster Xbox though.
  • Baihu1983 7 Jan 2017 09:47:22 9,550 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trying to install a pirate copy offline is all I cam assume....
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 Jan 2017 09:49:33 7,062 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That was my assumption, but I didn't like to immediately cast aspersions.
  • D_arkTrooper 7 Jan 2017 09:53:11 1,465 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Installing XBox One games offline supposedly speeds up the installation time considerably. I've yet to try this method myself tho.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 7 Jan 2017 09:54:57 31,680 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    He might be doing it because at one time, being online forced the updates on you which slowed the install down. If so, good news! It now asks you if you want to update as you install, so you just say no. Then you can install the game from disc and update later :)
  • Mayhem64 7 Jan 2017 13:56:39 971 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ^ this. If you DO say yes to the patches for the game, then it may attempt to install the whole game by downloading it instead heh (if it exists as a digital title too). Happened to me when installing Gears 4, and I twigged within a couple of minutes, and stopped/restarted the install properly.

But you can now indeed install from disc and refuse the updates until after the install is complete.
  • flintymania 7 Jan 2017 14:44:16 5 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lolling at the piracy comment! Didn't even know you could irate xbox one games.

I know my post was long but I did mention I am online and have even spoke to Xbox support about this, like I said the games use to install offline fine but now they don't show up unless I'm online.

Install disc games offline is faster, then go online to download patches.

Maybe my Xbox 1 is knackered, just have to wait for another update. Does anyone know where to find out when Xbox 1 updates are released?
  • flintymania 7 Jan 2017 14:44:16 5 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • seasidebaz 7 Jan 2017 23:27:18 7,480 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You can't pirate Xbox one games. This isn't a PlayStation you know.

Seriously though just go back online and install but decline the patches. It installs really quickly now.
  • seasidebaz 7 Jan 2017 23:27:22 7,480 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.