I have an idea for a comic and would like some feedback. Page 3

• Page

of 24 First / Last

• hedben2013 12 Sep 2016 12:46:07 365 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can you add an old dude in a retirement home called Senor Pistachio, who longs for the good old days (ie. the 80s) when he and his ilk were featured at every street corner vendor, and pours scorn and derision on modern types? Bonus points if he complains about that younger upstart, Monty Chocchip, who stole his style and made out like he was always the only green one.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2016 17:47:05 7,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Rodimus-Prime Ok I'm done with the first panel. Let me know if you have any questions or anything. I was going to add some dialogue but I didn't want to step on your toes.

• Deleted user 12 September 2016 17:49:45
    You've accidentally drawn Mowgli
  • Rodimus-Prime 12 Sep 2016 17:55:07 227 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Decks

Why is he naked? This isn't really what I had in mind at all.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2016 17:57:20 7,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Its pretty close to how you described it.
  • Rodimus-Prime 12 Sep 2016 17:58:10 227 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It really isn't.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2016 18:04:10 7,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You're being a little ungrateful to be honest, I worked pretty hard on that. There's probably some room for a few more blimps if you like?
  • Rodimus-Prime 12 Sep 2016 18:08:00 227 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I do appreciate that you put a bit of effort into your little joke, Decks, so I dont want to seem ungrateful.

But that is nothing at all like I imagine my comic. Though your drawing style reminds me a little of one of my all-time favourite comics, Sweet Tooth.

Edited by Rodimus-Prime at 18:08:19 12-09-2016
  • Deleted user 12 September 2016 18:19:22
    I would buy Decks' comic. Can you make that please? Not interested in Rodimus'
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2016 18:19:42 7,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I can draw some pants on him if that's an issue?
  • Deleted user 12 September 2016 18:22:46
    I'm really surprised Rod doesn't like it, and I would like to point out it IS edgy enough to work, after all, the zeppelin has got JERRIES written on it.

Maybe you could adjust the man to be doing a Nazi salute
  • neilka 12 Sep 2016 18:30:31 19,877 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Why is he naked? This isn't really what I had in mind at all.
    The new Eurogamer slogan revealed.
  • MH-RobJenx 12 Sep 2016 18:33:07 1,658 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This is great.
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 12 Sep 2016 18:34:52 46,509 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    A nice pair of y-fronts on him would be perfect I reckon.
  • Dougs 12 Sep 2016 18:43:38 81,691 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Top work
  • Deleted user 12 September 2016 18:50:26
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    A nice pair of y-fronts on him would be perfect I reckon.
    Would you put Y-fronts on Michelangelo's David?

This cartoon about ice creams HAS to be EDGY
  • mrpon 12 Sep 2016 18:58:12 33,008 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    zisssou wrote:
    I would buy Decks' comic. Can you make that please? Not interested in Rodimus'
    +1
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2016 19:24:29 7,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The penis was an intentional design choice to give the character of sense of vulnerability. Honestly I think it works better with the penis, but I'm willing to put some underpants on him if it's what I need to do to get this thing made.
  • SteveMsater 12 Sep 2016 19:27:21 299 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was thinking the blimp would be more prominent, and would have speed lines or something to show how fast it is

Disappointing Rodimus
  • Rodimus-Prime 12 Sep 2016 19:32:30 227 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Am i ever going to be able to post on this forum without having to deal with this blimp stuff. It's not my fault that i never had a turtles blimp when i was a kid.

I just wanted to get some input on my idea, and maybe some tips on how to go about making it a reality. Not necessarily a proper, published graphic novel, but a webcomic or something.

My concept is sound, and i'm hoping that i can avoid any copyright issues by making the characters so much like the ice cream they are based on, that they will never need to be referred to by name. It will be something that the reader hopefully picks up, and will make the ending more mysterious.

Edited by Rodimus-Prime at 19:33:31 12-09-2016
  • Deleted user 12 September 2016 19:34:40
    I imagine everyone will get to the final page of the opus and go OOOOHHHHHH! So they were ice creams all along! Wait, why were there so many blimps
  • SteveMsater 12 Sep 2016 19:38:32 299 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I didn't actually know about the turtles blimp thing

Explains why you're so obsessed with blimps really
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Sep 2016 19:39:20 7,777 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wait a minute, what do you mean by "blimp stuff"?
  • Deleted user 12 September 2016 19:41:42
    NO BLIMP STUFF
  • Frogofdoom 12 Sep 2016 19:44:45 4,561 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Show me on the blimp where he touched you.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Sep 2016 19:49:06 4,561 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    you are off trend anyway. Everything nowadays is vs something. Plants vs zombies etc. Maybe do ice creams vs pick and mix so tutti fruiti can come in and add some sparkle and have black jack killed so the rest of the sweets start a black sweets matter campaign.
  • Rodimus-Prime 12 Sep 2016 19:51:34 227 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That's quite a good idea Frogofdoom, but my comic doesn't need to adhere to that kind of thing, because it is going to set its own literary trends.

It is good though, and maybe it would make for a good special or one-shot, a bit like my idea of having Magnum work on a Se7en-style mystery where the victims are all based on the seven deadly sin limited edition magnums.
  • Deleted user 12 September 2016 20:52:59
    I know we hear a LOT about how SEGA is screwing up Sonic the Hedgehog, and I wholeheartly agree. But these are just symptoms caused by the real problem. You want to know what that problem is? You want to know the biggest mistake they ever made is? Hang onto yourself because it's a big one, and I hope you didn't eat anything in the last 30 minutes.

Believe it or not, there was a version of Sonic the Hedgehog that when compared to all the other forms, it could kick all their butts so hard thait pelvises would vaproize! It had A LOT in common with Star Wars, James Bond, Terminator, Lord of the Rigns, The Matrix, Back to the Future, and so on and so on and so on. Allow me to explain my reasoning.

I know that voice acting is not everything, but the voice actors for THIS particular variant were so good that they later went onto other roles. These include, but certainly not limited to Tavion from the Jedi Knight games, an extra in "KOTOR II: The Sith Lords", Starscream from the "Transformers" of 2007, and Soviet Premier Chredenko from "Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3". But don't take my word for it, look it up, I'm not maing this up.

As for the designs, they don't look like they were made by kindergardeners. They look more like the work of artists, architects, and engineers, professionals who spent years of their life training for this. These designs ALONE are works of art.

But probably the most important part is the plot and character development. When Sonic and his friends were still young children, most of their parents were fighting a war. However, Sonic's uncle, who was the Albert Einstein of his time, developed a device that could chemically change damaged tissue into a robotic counterpart. But someone saw a more sinister use for this device.

When the war ended, everyone assumed that the war minister, who was a defector from the other side, would give up his war-time powers. Instead he used his control of the military to overthrow Sonic's kingdom, and used his uncle's device to enslave its citizens. Sonic and his friends narrowly escaped an eternal living death as machines, but not before seeing their kingdom lost, their families enslaved, and their lives ultimately ruined. All of this happened when he was five years old.

Yet in coping with the loss, their motiviation was amplified. Years of training have forged them into an effective resistance force, quickly becoming the stuff of legend as they fight to reclaim their lost lives. And when not fighting in their hectic lives, their friendships have grown by far stronger. And and some were driven from friendships to the point of love.

Now if that's not box office gold, I don't know what is. And if you still don't know what I'm talking about, click on the link below. I'm talking about the SECOND show, not the first one.
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/4762-adventures-of-sonic-the-hedgehog
    (Management may remove this link if they feel the language is too strong.)

So now here we have something that could have easily competed with StarFox, Halo, Command and Conquer, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, and so on. Eventually many parts of this series found their way into at least one of the games, "Sonic Spinball".

So what did SEGA do? They took this masterpiece and swept it under the rug, pretending that it never existed. And now look at the mess we're in. All this because SEGA of Japan
    insisted on a stranglehold on their other branches and a public relations policy based on willful ignorance. And I can prove it too.
    http://www.tssznews.com/2009/01/05/the-blog-sega-doesnt-want-you-to-read/

That's right, even the employees are starting to become critical of SEGA's policies. More and more of them are resigning and coming out with information they feel the gamers need to know about the situation. Now I know that this site does not have the power to conduct official investigations, but this is something the editors need to blow wide open. The sooner the gaming community is made aware of this apparent apathy, the sooner we can gert back to fixing Sonic the Hedgehog.

Yet despite all of the overhelming alarms and warning signs, SEGA of Japan still thinks they're doing a good job. It's gotten bad to the point where SEGA is thinking of using the wherehog concept again! Maybe even permanently! Do you want Sonic to be rememebred for what he was or what he has become? Personally, I'm not going to clap along as the whole thing goes to hell.
    http://www.videogamer.com/wii/sonic_and_the_black_knight/preview-1531.html

Just thought I would share this information with you that I felt you have a right to know.

And please don't tell me to "get a life". Put it this way, would you rather have me on drugs? Oh and if you're intrested in changing this situation, or are just as angered as I am, speak with me about this and I will share a few ideas with you.
  • Youthist 12 Sep 2016 21:04:00 12,548 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would like at this point to admit I don't know what the fuck is going on.
  • Deleted user 12 September 2016 21:09:07
    Some ice creams have jacked Sonic's blimp
  • Page

of 24 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.