Go 8 Bit Page 6

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• millerlfc 3 Oct 2016 20:13:23 549 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bauul wrote:
    I enjoyed that last episode with Russel Howard and Rachel Riley quite a bit. It helps to have naturally funny comedians like Howard, made the whole Sensible Soccer part thoroughly enjoyable (and as a huge Nidhogg fan, I just fanboyed at seeing it on TV). It still needs a lot of fine tuning, but the fundamental premise is still sound.
    Agreed, really liked the episode with Rachel and Russell. Almost made up for having to endure Gina Yashere the other week.
  • Deleted user 3 October 2016 20:23:37
    Yeah, watching episode 4 at the moment and it's a massive step up from the rest so far. Better calibre of guests and more interesting games really transform the show (I love Resi 3, but it was a bizarre choice for a competitive game)

Edited by dfunked at 20:24:36 03-10-2016
  • Frogofdoom 3 Oct 2016 23:13:27 6,797 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @zisssou first ep of s3 is on uktv. Absolutely brilliant.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2016 01:19:02
    It's 2016, does a show about games really need to waste so much air time on the likes of Pacman, Frogger and Pong? It's like they have to meet a quota of games that a TV Executive who once visited an arcade in the 80s would understand. Even Dara was sighing as some of these games came up.

It was a particularly stark contrast with the two well chosen modern games in Gang Beasts and Toybox Turbos that were both very entertaining to watch.
  • rockavitch 4 Oct 2016 01:30:15 974 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Decided to give it another go as I'd watch anything with Gorman in it. Still not my cup of tea.

Games were horrendous, especially the Pong bit. Might've just been how it was edited but I agree with Gorman, definitely seemed like a delay on Pacman controls.

I noticed Dara managed to slip in an unbleeped "shite" though when talking about Frogger. Can't silence the truth.
  • minky-kong 4 Oct 2016 09:52:29 13,369 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The pacman bit was utterly impossible to follow, god knows why they thought having all four people play on separate screens at the same time would work well on TV.

There's a good show somewhere within this but it needs serious tweaking, starting with getting rid of that fucking revolving stage.
  • dankcushions 4 Oct 2016 15:19:55 327 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    the revolving stage and the little dance they do whilst it happens is pound-for-pound the worst thing that's happened ever.
  • Vortex808 4 Oct 2016 15:26:54 11,988 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dankcushions wrote:
    the revolving stage and the little dance they do whilst it happens is pound-for-pound the worst thing that's happened ever.
    Yep. Apart from that, I've quite enjoyed the ones I've seen to be honest.
  • Deleted user 4 October 2016 15:27:14
    The show needs....
  • TPReview 4 Oct 2016 16:06:47 1,237 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He works in PR now, he used to work for Mad Catz but recently left them to join someone else. Was really surreal sitting in a tiny room at Gamescom being shown Rock Band 4 by Big Boy Barry
  • PazJohnMitch 5 Oct 2016 10:11:28 13,266 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Quite enjoyed the Gorman episode even though the games selection was poor.

Cannot understand why the girl was not allowed to play her ice cube kicking game when they followed it with that rubbish looking jelly baby fighting game.
  • Frogofdoom 5 Oct 2016 10:15:38 6,797 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gang beasts is a massively successful game though.
  • Rusty_M 5 Oct 2016 13:34:25 6,779 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's also a lot of fun with 4 players.
  • rockavitch 5 Oct 2016 13:39:55 974 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does defeat the purpose of the letting them pick their favourite game round though.
  • crashVoodoo 5 Oct 2016 15:38:14 5,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    In comparison to frogger, kickle cubicle is maybe obscure but i thought it was a regular run of the mill game back then. I remember playing it.
  • millerlfc 6 Oct 2016 18:07:55 549 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    In comparison to frogger, kickle cubicle is maybe obscure but i thought it was a regular run of the mill game back then. I remember playing it.
    Yeah I remember Kickle Cucicle on the NES, great little game.

In regards to the Pacman problem, not sure why they didn't just play Pacman Vs (the multi-player game) instead as it would make much more sense in that situation.
  • DugBriderider 10 Oct 2016 22:38:23 797 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    On now featuring ed Byrne and Jason Manford.
  • Rewsan 1 Feb 2017 15:49:07 279 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm going to see the filming of an episode of this tonight, I quite liked what I saw of the 1st series so hopefully there will be a few laughs.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Edited by Rewsan at 15:49:32 01-02-2017
  • DugBriderider 1 Feb 2017 15:55:35 797 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Going on the last series we need to know what has changed.

-Quality of guests
    -Quality of comic material
    -Quality of the challenges
    -Whether the audience interaction betting/scoring makes any sense
    -Changes to the set

Eyes pealed
  • BigOrkWaaagh 1 Feb 2017 16:00:57 7,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    - Has the guest selecting their favourite game of all time played that game before at any point in their lives
  • minky-kong 1 Feb 2017 16:09:16 13,369 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    - Does the celebrity guest actually fit the description of "celebrity" in any way shape or form
  • Rewsan 1 Feb 2017 18:30:02 279 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm in the waiting room so all will be revealed soon, I'm not sure I remember much of the set but I'll keep my eye out.
  • Rewsan 1 Feb 2017 19:06:03 279 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The set looks the same to me, no idea on the guests yet.

If anyone wants to try and get tickets for this run go to sroaudiences.com this studio isn't full so there should be plenty of tickets for other nights. It's filmed at Elstree Studios.
  • mal 1 Feb 2017 20:50:12 29,077 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Guests for this series will include: Rob Beckett, Russell Kane, Richard Osman, Sara Pascoe, Vernon Kay, Edith Bowman & Jon Richardson.
    Those people must be so interchangeable that I thought I'd already seen half of them on this show.
  • -HairyArse 1 Feb 2017 20:57:48 1,076 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Tell me they've stopped the painful rotating chair section?
  • Rewsan 1 Feb 2017 23:21:26 279 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The rotating floor is still there they called their marmite moment. The show was fun but I suspect the best bits will be cut, like when they somehow brought up the Steam overlay while playing Goat Simulator. Someone from the audience had to tell them how to get out of it.

Rob Beckett and Zoe Lyons were the guests, Zoe was hilariously awful at Gran Tourismo. The voting made no sense at all not helped by the fact we had to vote by raising our hands. I'm not sure if they couldn't get the tech to work there was some mention of broken wi fi or if they've only pretended people vote with their phones all this time.

The challenges were ok, fastest through a section of Uncharted 4 for instance. I think it'll be worth a watch if you can cope with watching people play games badly. I don't think it's airing until May though so it's a bit of a wait.

Edited by Rewsan at 23:22:35 01-02-2017
  • Stoatboy 2 Feb 2017 01:38:12 106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If they've got any sense they'll keep the Steam overlay bit in. If anyone's played games on a PC they'll relate to that more than anything else. I'd feel a bit hard done by if I were you with Rob Beckett and Zoe Lyons as guests, but would console myself with the fact that it could have been Russell Kane and Vernon Kay though. The fact that it could have been lovely lovely Sara Pascoe though is something I'd find very hard to come to terms with.
  • Rewsan 2 Feb 2017 09:21:29 279 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah I don't really like Rob Beckett he reminds me of too many cocks I've worked with over the years. I was hoping for Sara or Jon Richardson but it wasn't to be. Still enjoyed the night though.

I'm not sure if it's already been mentioned in this thread buy I found out why the two random guys are team captains. They came up with the original concept for the show and put it on at the Edinburgh Festival.
  • minky-kong 2 Feb 2017 09:36:58 13,369 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Guests for this series will include: Rob Beckett, Russell Kane, Richard Osman, Sara Pascoe, Vernon Kay, Edith Bowman & Jon Richardson.
    Those people must be so interchangeable that I thought I'd already seen half of them on this show.
    Katherine Ryan and Greg Davies must have already had a full diary of panel shows for the weeks they're filming this then.
  • Rewsan 2 Feb 2017 14:41:50 279 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just had an email saying there are still tickets left for next weeks recordings along with expected guests if anyone fancies it:

Mon 6th Feb: Vernon Kay vs Bec Hill 

Tues 7th Feb: Robert Webb vs Gemma Cairney 

Weds 8th Feb: Edith Bowman vs Elis James

Thurs 9th Feb: Jon Richardson vs Ellie Taylor
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.