Pokemon GO Page 109

• Page

of 111 First / Last

• Jim_Dix 3 Sep 2017 11:23:09 354 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Quick PoGo update. Was at lunch on Friday and saw my first Entei raid. Plenty of time left and a group forming up. Went to tap on the gym and immediately got the message that I had run out of data for the month. Tried looking for WiFi but had no joy.

Yesterday though, went out to spin a stop and catch in town and there was one in the park. Bumped into some other local players and we formed up a large group. So I managed to catch the first Entei that I actually battled. Considering its catch rate is the same as Lugia (I caught only one from about seven raids) that was good. Now I have a whole month to try and catch more, or a better one before they rotate.

On the subject of the update though. I did the latest update and it caused my homepage shortcut to disappear. I've re-set it now, but I haven't seen that before. I'm using Android.

Edited by Jim_Dix at 11:23:26 03-09-2017
  • PazJohnMitch 3 Sep 2017 11:34:56 13,020 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Entei seemed to really easy to hit but really did not like to stay in the ball.
  • Jim_Dix 3 Sep 2017 12:06:05 354 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @PazJohnMitch Yeah, it has a decent sized circle to aim for and though it jumps around a bit it isn't as awkward as the birds.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 3 Sep 2017 16:53:54 6,946 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Got Entei today on my first raid. Lugia is the only legendary so far that I didn't get on the first try. But then, I never got it at all. :(

Edited by BigOrkWaaagh at 16:54:17 03-09-2017
  • RawShark 5 Sep 2017 11:11:22 158 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did my first Entei raid yesterday. No dice. It seems to take me 2-3 raids on average to successfully capture a legendary. (Didn't help that I squandered two throws on him as he was attacking).

It was the first time I saw a big group (about 13) form so locally to me though. I'm on their whatsapp group now so at least I shouldn't have to venture all the way into town just to go raiding now.
  • RawShark 6 Sep 2017 16:08:32 158 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got Entei on the third attempt. (Pretty terrible IV, but it's in the dex)

I've got a nice little rhythm going with gym defending too so I've got a steady stream of gym passes too. Winner.
  • RawShark 7 Sep 2017 12:12:32 158 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Some interesting info on EX raids as they stand from my whatsapp group:

-Levels as low as 29 have been invited so far.
    -Only 3 gyms around the world have been giving out invitations so far (none in the UK)
    -players have been invited to the raid 2 days in advance
    -players had beaten raids of any tier at that gym 24-48 hours before receiving the invite.
    -Mewtwo's base catch rate is 6%.

So while this is all subject to change, we can glean from this:

-While it's still too early to tell if level will be taken into consideration (can 20 level 15s kill a Mewtwo?) it doesn't seem the requisite level will be prohibitively high.
    -It sounds like the key to be getting an invite will be doing as many raids of all levels in as many gyms as possible. Good luck rounding up a posse for those four star raids.
    -Getting the invite should be the hard part. Catching Mewtwo should just take the one go, all going well.

Edited by RawShark at 12:13:41 07-09-2017
  • Jim_Dix 7 Sep 2017 13:03:24 354 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @RawShark The catch rate is interesting. I'm guessing that has been bumped due to the hassle of actually getting an EX invite more than anything else. Wasn't there talk that you'd get a crazy number of balls to catch it with? Maybe they've boosted the catch rate rather than do that.

Also of note, according to a redditor* who has been invited to one, the raid is only the normal two hour duration. Even if I received an invite, the likelihood is that it will be active when I am stuck at a desk in work. I can't be the only person in that boat.

*No idea who, he was cited in Trainer Tips video yesterday.
  • RawShark 8 Sep 2017 10:52:57 158 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Raid eggs are back.

What is the point? It worked better without them!
  • brokenkey 9 Sep 2017 13:43:01 9,139 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You get a team advantage in the form of extra silver balls if the gym is yours when the raid starts - the egg gives you the warning so that your team can capture the gym.
  • Load_2.0 9 Sep 2017 17:12:17 25,872 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Have they nerfed golem? I took a gym and seemed they had slowed the speed of attack.

Also felt Gengar had been gimped as well.

Might just be me.
  • pk1980 9 Sep 2017 18:14:20 829 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just put this on for the first time in a year or thereabouts, got a Murkrow and Chikorita.

Which was nice.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 9 Sep 2017 18:24:35 6,946 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nearly there!
  • Saul_Iscariot 9 Sep 2017 20:49:09 2,953 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gave up now. Cannot see the point in repeating the daily, small town exercise of catching the same few Pokémon whilst what I want is something I am excluded from. It isn't even hidden behind a pay wall but mechanics that make the object of Gotta catch 'em all impossible. Raids without fellow raiders do not work. Pokémon exclusive to events or cities aren't friendly to those that have parted with cash to play other aspects of the game. Good luck to those of you that feel they are still getting something out of he game, but I am done.
  • Humperfunk 10 Sep 2017 03:48:39 7,109 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What
  • RawShark 11 Sep 2017 11:55:18 158 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I do concur that if you're not living in a fairly built up area the game is basically unplayable.
  • Jim_Dix 1 Oct 2017 12:19:45 354 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Legendary beasts have moved. Europe now has Suicune. Entei has moved to the US and Raikou to Asia. I've been out this morning and caught my first. Again, pressure off and now have all month to try catching one with better IV's.
  • RawShark 2 Oct 2017 11:38:29 158 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Jim_Dix Haven't had a chance to join a raid yet. What's it like to catch? How does the catch circle compare to Entei?
  • Jim_Dix 2 Oct 2017 15:39:22 354 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @RawShark I caught my first yesterday with my first throw, great throw on a Nanab berry. Thats exceptionally lucky in my experience. Caught my second at lunch today on about the sixth throw.

Circle is exactly the same as Entei as I see it.
  • RawShark 4 Oct 2017 11:22:20 158 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Jim_Dix Should have pinapped him ;)

I caught my first yesterday evening on my first go. Glad to have it on the dex but considering it's outgunned by Vaporeon I doubt I'll be wasting any stardust on powering it up.
  • Jim_Dix 4 Oct 2017 12:03:22 354 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @RawShark Yeah, even if its stats were better its hamstrung with its moveset anyway. It only has access to Extrasensory and Hidden Power for quick attack. So it won't get STAB unless its IV's are such that Hidden Power is Water type.
  • RawShark 9 Oct 2017 16:08:08 158 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone think there's any credence to the Gen 3 rumours surrounding the Halloween event?
  • Matt36 11 Oct 2017 14:05:07 2,055 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That would be good!
  • Matt36 14 Oct 2017 22:42:41 2,055 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Anyone noticed an increase in the Pokemon needed for Gen 3 evolution?

Magnemite -> Magneton -> Magnazone
    Lickitung -> Lickilicky
    Rhynhorn -> Rhyperior
    Tangela -> Tangrowth
    Elekid -> Electabuzz -> Electivire
    Magby -> Magmar -> Magmortar
    Eevee -> Leafeon -> Glaceon
    Porygon -> Porygon2 -> Porygon-Z
    Aipom -> Ambipom
    Yanma -> Yanmega.
    Murkrow -> Honchkrow.
    Misdreavus -> Mismagius.
    Gligar -> Gliscor.
    Sneasel -> Weavile.
    Swinub -> Piloswine -> Mamoswine.
    Togetic -> Togekiss

I imagine Aron will be Gen 3's Dratini & Larvitar. Also means more Legendarys in raids, new babies to hatch & some of my faves! :D

Hopefully Delibird & Smeargle will be released soon too.

I still need a bloody Sun Stone for a Bellossom and a Smoochum & Elekid to hatch!
  • Page

of 111 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.