Forza Horizon 3 Page 55

• Page

of 58 First / Last

• KD 21 Jun 2017 15:53:47 1,813 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That car was sent out a while ago as a gift, dont know why but sure I had it.
  • Red_Bool 21 Jun 2017 16:21:23 1,573 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Thought so, becaue I searched the whole shop but could not find it (including DLC). But hey, auction house to the rescue! :)
  • BOFH_UK 21 Jun 2017 16:31:03 189 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Red_Bool Gotta say I really like the Tamo but it's Indian not Japanese. New car from the Tata group and in theory it's quite a compelling idea. Make a funky, small engine sports car with minimalist but modern interior and sell it relatively cheaply. Could have been a modern take on the Smart Roadster. Oddly though it's going to be an ultra low production run, think it's 250 cars split between road and track variants. Which is a shame, think they missed a trick there. Ah well.

Talking of Smart how on earth do they not have a fortwo in the game yet to join my 'taking the proverbial' list of go-to cars for Playground Games. The Fiat 500 will just have to soldier on in the 'get back here you little git' sweepstakes.
  • Technoishmatt 21 Jun 2017 16:50:15 2,139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They should add a co-op mode, whereby your partner sits in the back and shouts at you to change the radio, slow down / speed up, turn up the heat / AC.
  • Red_Bool 21 Jun 2017 18:30:31 1,573 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @BOFH_UK - I assumed it was Japanese as it was allowed in a Exhibition race with only Japanese cars :)

Had a quick google just now. I like what they're trying to do, it's just that it's not really my style (the doors are ace though :)). My biggest initial disappointment was the absence of the original Mini, but Blizzard Mountain corrected that :)

Edited by Red_Bool at 18:30:47 21-06-2017
  • Vice.Destroyer 22 Jun 2017 01:42:25 7,114 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I am now part of the EG group for FH3 and am pleased to see that I have been very busy this week. Racing up the rankings.

And there is a humble video of me getting a fair number of XP.

And because I am nerdy, a video of the rain effects. I am impressed by them.

• spamdangled 22 Jun 2017 04:13:35 31,043 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Am I the only one who is pretty underwhelmed by the Hot Wheels expansion?
  • ModoX 22 Jun 2017 08:00:57 2,925 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @spamdangled Nope, I thought it was very boring and dry considering the nature of it, and just didn't offer anything enticing. There's definitely others of the same opinion too.
  • glaeken 22 Jun 2017 09:34:28 11,884 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The hot wheels expansion did nothing for me. I put about an hour into it and it was just not working for me. I really don't like the tracks as they are actually really boring once you get the hang of staying on them and I just don't like the way the handling works on the new track surfaces. It counts as a misstep for the franchise for me and I hope they go back to more conventional expansions.

I was actually quite open to the idea of them trying something different but for me it just does not work. I am hoping whatever metrics they measure these things on it's considered a flop so they don't do it again.
  • KD 22 Jun 2017 15:41:58 1,813 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It was different and a change so glad they did something new after years of the 2nd expansion being the same shitty over priced Porsche nonsense.

First time I've had both expansions for a Forza game since Motorsport 3 or 4.
  • glaeken 22 Jun 2017 16:41:39 11,884 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They did succeed in getting my money which is not something they managed with the Porsche expansions. Not sure that's a good thing though considering I only played it an hour and then gave up.
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 Jun 2017 17:27:21 38,875 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    That reminds me that I still haven't checked how they managed to exclude the Porsche pack from my "Ultimate Extra Special Monster Edition That Includes All Car Packs (except the ones we want to charge you extra for) edition.

I paid 100 EUR for the bloody thing and it neither includes the expansions (I knew that) nor all car packs.
  • KD 22 Jun 2017 17:33:53 1,813 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Car pass is only for first 6 months I believe, I try to avoid all these editions of games.

Description

Get six monthly car packs at one low price. With the Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass, you’ll always be dialed in to the latest and greatest cars in Forza Horizon 3. The Car Pass brings you six monthly car packs (7 cars each) beginning in October 2016, ending March 2017. That’s 42 amazing new cars total, all waiting to be collected, customized, and raced, for one low price. Get the Forza Horizon 3 Car Pass now!

Its right in the description these days, sure it used to be hidden.

Edited by KD at 17:38:19 22-06-2017
  • UncleLou Moderator 22 Jun 2017 17:55:56 38,875 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @KD Ah, right, cheers. Of course!
  • HarryB 22 Jun 2017 18:40:28 7,210 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Struggling with this. Kind of bored, not enough structure I feel like I'm playing a game I've already completed and there's just a pike of random blips on the map.

What's the most fun bits? I want some progression and it's like it's too open for me and my low level of creativity / imagination
  • LittleSparra 22 Jun 2017 18:47:48 7,153 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The fun bits are the events you find fun. Sounds stupid but there it is :D
  • HarryB 22 Jun 2017 19:04:47 7,210 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I guess as I'm busy with work etc at the moment it's too open

I'll play something linear and come back to it
    I remember rinsing horizon 1 about a year after I'd dumped it and it just clicked
  • KD 22 Jun 2017 20:58:15 1,813 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Get a car from each class you like and is not a slug and go do online adventures when your online, great fun and its cash and xp.

If offline is what you want then get assists all off if they not already and make the ai easy to beat and push it up until the right challenge is there.
  • KD 22 Jun 2017 21:06:23 1,813 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If you cant be bothered to tune anything (like loads of others) search for creators on tune up section, Don Joewon Song or Raceboy77 and follow them. Good tunes for online racing or forzathon things and saves a lot of hassle.
  • KD 23 Jun 2017 00:00:34 1,813 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No idea apart from reinstal windows, had some nonsense with sharing access with a mates pc and couldnt instal it but that back before this update and reinstal fixed it.
  • RobTheBuilder 23 Jun 2017 07:34:19 6,976 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @SaipoSexual As someone who (not kidding) had to wait three whole months from installing FH3 to being able to play it, I sympathise.

(In that time I had to replace my CPU, my GPU and several SATA cables)

By any chance could your firewall be restricting access to the internet for it?
  • ModoX 23 Jun 2017 08:30:30 2,925 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hot Wheels I could have been fine with, but they just didn't go far enough. It's not 'crazy' or 'wild', it's just the same old cars (since the Hot Wheels ones handle terribly) going around what are, as glaeken pointed out, actually really boring tracks when you get over the colour scheme and the fact that you're suspended high up etc. Blizzard Mountain made the driving more fun, Hot Wheels just made it look more fun without affecting the actual game, huge step backwards. Crew 2 probably has the right idea with new vehicle types.

@HarryB I think once you hit that point you might be done. I agree it's too open, you can do any event on any difficulty in any car and there's little to no difference to your progression. You can do whatever you want but have no reason to do any of it. Expanding your garage isn't a focus as you can quickly end up with way more cars than you'll ever touch.

Don't get me wrong, it took me something like 30 hours to hit that point and I thoroughly enjoyed myself up to then. But you do hit a certain point where you see through it and there's nothing else there.
  • captain_markyboy 23 Jun 2017 08:49:11 846 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I stopped playing this when I couldn't get an achievement to pop. The roads discovery one. I'm convinced I've driven every road, googled it, and tried all the tips......no luck.
    Might go back to it today..
  • X201 23 Jun 2017 09:06:58 18,252 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    captain_markyboy wrote:
    I stopped playing this when I couldn't get an achievement to pop. The roads discovery one. I'm convinced I've driven every road, googled it, and tried all the tips......no luck.
    There will be a tiny bit of road somewhere on the map.
    The way I solved it was to turn off all of the icons on the map and slowly and methodically scan each road. I found a couple of small short lay-by like loops that I'd missed.

There's one on the north south road that runs on the left of the big lake in the centre of the map
  • captain_markyboy 23 Jun 2017 09:09:44 846 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    X201 wrote:
    captain_markyboy wrote:
    The way I solved it was to turn off all of the icons on the map and slowly and methodically scan each road. I found a couple of small short lay-by like loops that I'd missed.

There's one on the north south road that runs on the left of the big lake in the centre of the map
    I tried all that, still no luck.....I'll drive that north south road and see if that does it.

Thanks.
  • X201 23 Jun 2017 09:39:24 18,252 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    captain_markyboy wrote:
    X201 wrote:
    captain_markyboy wrote:

I tried all that, still no luck.....I'll drive that north south road and see if that does it.

Thanks.

Forget driving

Scan the map
  • ModoX 23 Jun 2017 12:03:49 2,925 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got exactly the same issue. I have spent literally over an hour scanning every inch of the map, looking at all the spots people point to as awkward ones that are easy to miss. Absolutely nothing is grey on my map, 100%, but it still says I'm missing a road.
  • SYS64738 26 Jun 2017 11:43:57 4,868 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:
    Did they fix the frankly god awful input lag as well? I tried the demo a while back and the lag was a felt second or so. Unplayable. Would've pulled the trigger on the rather ridiculous full fat price if it wasn't for the control issues as the game ran very stable at a locked 30fps for me.

Mind you, even on the Xbox version a friend owns, the input lag is noticeable. Not as bad but still there. So probably will give it a miss regardless.
    Apologies for quoting myself, but anyone who plays this on PC @ 30fps, is the input lag manageable these days, especially after that patch a while back?

As much as I'm trying to ignore this game, I really would like to play it as it's right down my, ugh, street.

Also I can see there's 3 editions on MS's store, it appears the Ultimate edition is anything but, i.e. excludes many of the expansions. So would assume best way to go about would be getting the standard edition and buy a season pass or individual DLC separately?

Edited by SYS64738 at 11:44:10 26-06-2017
  • Page

of 58 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.