Xbox One X Page 167

• Page

of 169 First / Last

• Technoishmatt 5 Jan 2018 23:30:57 2,209 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh It's weird. I had it once or twice on previous xbox's (not the X). It went away.
  • IronGiant 7 Jan 2018 13:56:30 5,639 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Takes a while to get going with all these downloads :)

I turned mine off last night but it sounded like the disc drive was still spinning unless it's the hard drive but I'm sure I've turned off auto update. Anyone else get that?
  • Derblington 7 Jan 2018 14:09:55 30,185 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    So I turn on my X remotely using the controller and it turns on, loads up, and all the while the big white X on the pad blinks and stays in searching mode. It keeps blinking for about 10-20 seconds after the dash has loaded so I can't use it until it finally stops. I've tried 3 different pads, one old style, 2 new and they all do the same thing. It's a bit of a first world problem I know and not a massive deal but I'd be grateful if anyone had any ideas. My OG One never had this little foible.
    Yeah, I get this. Its seemingly random and really fucking annoying because I've not found a way to correct it other than do a full power cylce of the console. Today, I've been playing for about 2 hours, just paused to get a drink and go to the loo. Come back and the pad has shut itself off; turn it back on and it's lost the pairing and is just blinking. So I can't save the game or anything now, I just need to hard power off the whole lot in order to get the controller paired so I can continue playing.

This, along with the need to power cycle the console every couple of weeks for general usage, gets on my nerves more than the bit of noise my PS4 makes (though I appreciate my PS4 may be on the quieter end of the scale). It seems like there's something fundamentally wrong with the Xbox One system to need to power cycle and re-pair all the time. Not majorly wrong but something wrong nonetheless. Surely it should "just work"?
    I don't remember the X360 ever needing these actions?

Edited by Derblington at 14:11:47 07-01-2018
  • Vortex808 7 Jan 2018 14:18:21 11,857 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's odd, i wonder why it would lose the pairing mid-game? Some interference from some other device?

I haven't had those issues at all thus far.

Touch wood.
  • Vice.Destroyer 7 Jan 2018 14:20:30 7,123 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's a shame, Derblington. What you are describing, I have not suffered from. Yet. Fingers crossed the Xbox Support guys can pinpoint the problem. And solve it.

Quick question, has anybody here actually splurged out on the customisable joypads from Xbox? I am a tiny bit tempted, myself! https://controllers.xbox.com/en-GB
  • Derblington 7 Jan 2018 14:22:11 30,185 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't know what other device would cause it. I've only got super common items around it (iPhone, iPad, consoles and TV).

Its not unique to the X, my launch One did it too. I don't remember it on the S but I barely played on the platform while I had that.
  • sherpa1984 7 Jan 2018 14:23:24 742 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yep my. XB1, XB1S and now my XB1X all need(ed) a reboot every one or two weeks because of "instant on" mode.

I wish MS would just acknowledge the errors and have an option of a weekly reboot the user could configure e.g. at 4am every Sunday the system power cycles and is ready to go again.

That and a fix to the audio desync for the cable input pass through. I just cant get proper lipsync from my Sky box.
  • Pierre2k 7 Jan 2018 15:05:33 944 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I don't keep my Xbox One X in Instant On mode so not sure what effect that may have, but not had any issues with dropped pad signals.

My main irritant (first world problems) is that I also use the Xbox pad on PC with a cable, typically when playing Rocket League on my laptop. When I disconnect from PC it no longer works with the X1X and needs to be re-paired with it. Not the end of the world, but the Dualshock 4 pad by comparison works fine with the laptop yet remains paired with the PS4 when disconnected.
  • MrMumtaz 7 Jan 2018 15:46:58 1,120 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    Quick question, has anybody here actually splurged out on the customisable joypads from Xbox? I am a tiny bit tempted, myself! https://controllers.xbox.com/en-GB
    I bought one for a mate as a wedding gift and he loves it. Was going to get him an Elite pad but after hearing various stories about the build quality of them I opted for the personal touch. The etching wasn't as big as I expected but overall was happy with my decision.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 Jan 2018 16:14:12 7,059 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pierre2k wrote:
    I don't keep my Xbox One X in Instant On mode so not sure what effect that may have, but not had any issues with dropped pad signals.

My main irritant (first world problems) is that I also use the Xbox pad on PC with a cable, typically when playing Rocket League on my laptop. When I disconnect from PC it no longer works with the X1X and needs to be re-paired with it. Not the end of the world, but the Dualshock 4 pad by comparison works fine with the laptop yet remains paired with the PS4 when disconnected.
    I use a different pad for PC, it would feel weird doing it any other way!
  • Vortex808 7 Jan 2018 16:15:24 11,857 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pierre2k wrote:

My X is on instant on and I have not had this issue (yet).
    I have had the first xbone lose connection once or twice briefly though, but just switching the pad back on sorted that.
  • minky-kong 7 Jan 2018 16:21:09 13,309 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    When I have that pairing issue I plug the charge cable into the controller and it fixes it. Obviously not an option if you're still using batteries in the controller though.
  • Vice.Destroyer 7 Jan 2018 17:43:45 7,123 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrMumtaz wrote:
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    I bought one for a mate as a wedding gift and he loves it. Was going to get him an Elite pad but after hearing various stories about the build quality of them I opted for the personal touch. The etching wasn't as big as I expected but overall was happy with my decision.
    You made a good choice. I bought my elite pad from Argos when they were having a game + pad option for Ł100. The elite pad is nice, but the rubberised part is coming apart after a year. Very annoying. My next pad will be a customised one. It's a Ł20 premium over a vanilla pad, but I might as well, right?
  • Mrsyms 7 Jan 2018 17:59:57 224 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @Derblington just plug in the controller to the usb instead of rebooting the console and it will pair it up again mate
  • Derblington 7 Jan 2018 18:04:37 30,185 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What USB cable? The console doesn't come with one. You need a play and charge kit for that.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 Jan 2018 18:09:12 7,059 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is there anyone on the planet who doesn't have at least one micro USB cable in their house?
  • jaangus 7 Jan 2018 18:10:54 5,283 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    MrMumtaz wrote:
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    You made a good choice. I bought my elite pad from Argos when they were having a game + pad option for Ł100. The elite pad is nice, but the rubberised part is coming apart after a year. Very annoying. My next pad will be a customised one. It's a Ł20 premium over a vanilla pad, but I might as well, right?
    Had the same problem took it back to argos and they swapped it for a brand new one with another12 month guarantee they also offered me 3 year cover for 35 quid which was pointless as I can just go back next year ;).
  • Mrsyms 7 Jan 2018 18:12:22 224 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Its just a micro usb lead nothing special
  • ChiefGB 7 Jan 2018 18:15:38 7,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The power cycle thing is bullshit and has haunted me since every revision of the Xbox, urgh it grinds my gears.

I imagine for core xboxers it's ingrained but coming from other formats it's damn annoying, my brain goes, is it my network? No, is it Xbox live? No, My hardware broken? No....we'll kind of- restarts. If you only occasionally use it it's not the first thing you always think of, but still happens far too often for my liking. I've had to do it twice in the last 10 days I reckon.

Edited by ChiefGB at 18:19:22 07-01-2018
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 Jan 2018 18:22:22 7,059 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I haven't had to power cycle yet and I never had anything like this even once with my old Xbox One. Maybe I should count my blessings!
  • ChiefGB 7 Jan 2018 19:25:23 7,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you have it on instant on and haven't had to recycle, it can't be much short of a miracle as I'm an occasional xboxer and I've had to do it plenty over the little time I've spent with them.
  • HarryB 7 Jan 2018 20:02:29 7,233 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I had a weird thing with my One X where I pushed the guide button and it dimmed the screen but no menu appeared. Couldn’t get into any settings. Just had to hard reset. Never had any other issues for the last 3ish years on this current gen of Xbox.
  • Derblington 7 Jan 2018 21:05:43 30,185 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I had that one last night too, though it’s a one off.
  • ChiefGB 7 Jan 2018 21:45:33 7,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HarryB wrote:
    I had a weird thing with my One X where I pushed the guide button and it dimmed the screen but no menu appeared. Couldn’t get into any settings. Just had to hard reset. Never had any other issues for the last 3ish years on this current gen of Xbox.
    I've also had that a few times including last night. You can actually turn it off from there as it's still working behind the scenes.
  • Fake_Blood 7 Jan 2018 22:17:56 8,042 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the xbox menu is just a sort of app running on some custom version of windows 10, maybe that's why it's a bit wonky.
  • HarryB 7 Jan 2018 22:57:08 7,233 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @ChiefGB I can hold my Xbox button to turn off but as I use instant on it just sleeps and resumes with the same issue. Had to hold the power button. Using the Xbox less frequently so may just turn off instant on.
  • Derblington 8 Jan 2018 07:10:54 30,185 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    Is there anyone on the planet who doesn't have at least one micro USB cable in their house?
    o/

I have one for my wireless earphones but it's really short and I keep it at work. I can't think of anything else I'd have one for.
  • Nitrous 8 Jan 2018 07:39:35 1,579 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Seem to recall that if you connect the pad via USB you could update the pads firmware somewhere in the accessories settings or console update. That's with the original Xbox one and I'm sure it improves the sync.

Worth a try?
  • ChiefGB 8 Jan 2018 09:00:44 7,545 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Good point in general but I believe the x pads are fully up to date.........can anyone check this?
  • Vortex808 8 Jan 2018 10:27:20 11,857 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HarryB wrote:
    Now this one I have had happen twice. Always when playing PUBG, so I as assumed it was due to the jankiness of that, or were you playing something else?
  • Page

of 169 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.