Gran Turismo Sport Page 70

• Page

of 71 First / Last

• jimmac 12 Feb 2018 14:56:26 438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just tried for a quick go at lunchtime but couldn't connect to server. I did some single player stuff. Hope it doesn't get lost.

Any big changes in the last week or so?
  • dsmx 12 Feb 2018 14:59:05 8,206 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @jimmac They tweaked the BoP of some of the Gr.3 cars which altered the meta a bit but that's about it.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Feb 2018 15:08:47 12,515 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's not just the BoP, they've changed the handling on a few of the more twitchy Gr3 cars. Haven't tried it yet but the Ferrari is supposed to be a lot easier to drive.
  • Beccosinho 12 Feb 2018 15:41:12 615 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just thought I'd have a quick blast around the Nurburgring GP - was in 1st place from the beginning to nearly the end when the GT Sport server just crashed :rolleyes: PD seriously need to sort this out... Lost 2000 DR and of course was drown graded to B...
  • jimmac 13 Feb 2018 10:23:08 438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Decided to skip online racing last night. Still can't get to grips with the Nurburgring. Did try out the Merc that everyone else used to set a lap and it seemed OK but I do like a nice high revving engine, just makes it seem like you're going faster.

Hopefully something more to my liking today.

I thought they might have reduced those ridiculous car prices but apparently not. The only way to get one of those 20mil cars is pot luck in the draw I guess.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Feb 2018 10:38:12 12,515 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Had a great race on Dragontail this morning before work. Though I'm not proud of that pass around the 4.30 mark.

Edited by Decks at 10:38:24 13-02-2018
  • SteveBUK 13 Feb 2018 13:00:35 48 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nice, I watched all of that. Great lunchtime entertainment.

I was expecting a woohoo when 1st place ran wide 😀
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Feb 2018 13:17:33 12,515 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think maybe first and 2nd didn't change their tires. They were all over the place the last couple of laps.
  • Beccosinho 13 Feb 2018 13:48:27 615 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Man it's been a tough 24hrs racing in GT Sport - where to start? Obviously there 's that issue from yesterday :rolleyes:

Anywho, while I've been trying to work my way back up the ranks , for the most part it's been pretty decent - winning loads but my aim of course is to move back up the SR ranking. Don't remember it being so tough and to top it off there was one particular Belgium racer I encountered that literally ruined every single players race, by purposely going slow and ramming anybody who dared to pass him. Even after he had been passed by half the field when it came to overlapping him - he done the same thing over and over again. Which brings me to my next 2 points...

1) PD need to make cars that are being overlapped ghosts, so they can't ruin the race of of those over taking them and 2) seriously, how the hell do you report a user?
  • jimmac 13 Feb 2018 13:52:11 438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just had a quick pop at Becco's lap at Dragon Tail today. Tried the Ferrari first but 5 laps left me 0.8 secs off with what I thought was a decent-ish lap. I thought I would try the Becco's Huracan for fun.

Holy sh~# that thing is amazing. Its like it's glued to the track. 2 laps and I was half a second up on my Ferrari best, 2 more laps and I found another half second. I was driving along thinking, this thing feels like it's got four wheel drive, you can put your foot down so early and the back never comes round.

I had a look at the car stats when I finished and what do you know, it is four wheel drive. Who knew? Think I'll be giving that a go tonight.
  • Beccosinho 13 Feb 2018 14:56:50 615 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @jimmac Yeah, its great - can't keep up with the M4 boys but the good thing is that it is consistent over 10 laps - whereas the M4 goes off after about 3-4 laps in :)
  • DanB24 13 Feb 2018 20:02:17 5,616 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jimmac wrote:
    Just had a quick pop at Becco's lap at Dragon Tail today. Tried the Ferrari first but 5 laps left me 0.8 secs off with what I thought was a decent-ish lap. I thought I would try the Becco's Huracan for fun.

Holy sh~# that thing is amazing. Its like it's glued to the track. 2 laps and I was half a second up on my Ferrari best, 2 more laps and I found another half second. I was driving along thinking, this thing feels like it's got four wheel drive, you can put your foot down so early and the back never comes round.

I had a look at the car stats when I finished and what do you know, it is four wheel drive. Who knew? Think I'll be giving that a go tonight.
    4WD ftw. That's why I like the GT-R lol.
  • Wonderboyf60 13 Feb 2018 21:25:44 61 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gr3 is definitely my go to, cars just feel right, can’t see past the beetle, threads through the corners great and accelerates like a rocket 🚀
  • superdelphinus 13 Feb 2018 22:00:23 9,693 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    jimmac wrote:

It’s an r8 with a prettier dress
  • shamblemonkee 14 Feb 2018 07:49:18 17,833 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Wonderboyf60 but it's still a beetle. shame on you! shame! :D
  • jimmac 14 Feb 2018 08:45:19 438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Well my first race in about 2 weeks was a total disaster. Qualified on pole with a good lap. The Huracan may be fast out of corners but it isn't fast in a straight line and 2 cars were past by the time I got to the first real corner.

I then managed to crash at the chicane about 3 times despite never doing so during practise. More mistakes and my tyres were shot and I was last. Managed to get back 2 places but then ran out of fuel just as I got to the last corner. Second last.

Back to the drawing board.
  • Beccosinho 14 Feb 2018 09:19:55 615 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @superdelphinus There's that aspect to it too. Its great to use in an 10 lap race such as Dragon Trail, plus its not a meta car such as the M4. Unless you come up against a racer who is truly capable of taming and keeping consistent lap times in the M4 then you'll likely pass them with the Hurrcan. My guess is that the Gr.4 car is based on the Performante
  • jimmac 14 Feb 2018 09:39:28 438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Beccosinho I assume you still had to change tyres with the Hurracan in yesterdays races?
  • Beccosinho 14 Feb 2018 10:18:42 615 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @jimmac Oh yeah, for sure but the nice thing about Huracan is that it can go all the way to lap 6 and you'll still be able to set the same fast lap times with it ;)

That said, had one German guy in a race yesterday who won the race in a M4 without pitting!
  • shamblemonkee 14 Feb 2018 11:57:56 17,833 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I could only get within ..7 of a sec of your time last night with the Mustang and that was driving the wheels off of it.
  • jimmac 14 Feb 2018 12:08:53 438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @shamblemonkee Took me at least 15 laps to beat Becco's time and that was about as fast as I was ever going to go. Unfortunately, that meant in the race, I was surrounded by people who were faster under race conditions than me and I sucked bad.
  • Beccosinho 14 Feb 2018 12:28:15 615 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jimmac wrote:
    @shamblemonkee Took me at least 15 laps to beat Becco's time and that was about as fast as I was ever going to go. Unfortunately, that meant in the race, I was surrounded by people who were faster under race conditions than me and I sucked bad.
    Were you able to keep consistent pace? The biggest problem with Dragon Trail though is trying to stay out of trouble for the first few laps and even when you do that the back markers will also play havoc :rolleyes:
  • SteveBUK 14 Feb 2018 12:46:00 48 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I got pole with the Acenta last night, this is 4WD too.

I was doing some strange lines in it though which ultimately got me punted off, finished 4th after that.
  • Beccosinho 14 Feb 2018 13:04:26 615 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SteveBUK wrote:
    I was doing some strange lines in it though which ultimately got me punted off, finished 4th after that.
    Yep that happens a lot on this track and especially with the Group 4 cars for some reason?
  • jimmac 14 Feb 2018 13:49:48 438 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Beccosinho wrote:
    Were you able to keep consistent pace? The biggest problem with Dragon Trail though is trying to stay out of trouble for the first few laps and even when you do that the back markers will also play havoc :rolleyes:
    No I didn't have any pace or consistency. Even crashed on my own at chicane 3 times. I'll put that down to not touching GT Sport for the last week and a bit while I finished Prey though.

Hopefully things will be better tonight. I've set a conservative time in the Z4 for tonights racing.

I also found in the Hurracan that it made you take different lines. Mostly so you could get on full power really early.
  • Beccosinho 14 Feb 2018 13:56:37 615 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    jimmac wrote:
    I also found in the Hurracan that it made you take different lines. Mostly so you could get on full power really early.
    Yup, different lines and braking points and if you were not far enough of the person behind it would cause a few issues too I found.
  • shamblemonkee 15 Feb 2018 08:32:43 17,833 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Aaaargh! Span into the pits on the last lap of Maggiore last night. Hit the wall and then got auto piloted in. Got a 2 second penalty for the error. That was then converted to 3sec for crossi g the libe with a penalty putting me to 5th from 3rd.

Otherwise. Awesome race.
  • superdelphinus 15 Feb 2018 08:41:22 9,693 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone fancy doing an eg lobby in the next few days? Happy to set up - how many people are there?
  • Beccosinho 15 Feb 2018 11:39:33 615 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @superdelphinus Yeah sure!
  • shamblemonkee 15 Feb 2018 11:57:23 17,833 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    o7
  • Page

of 71 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.