Nioh Page 154

• Page

of 155 First / Last

• RelaxedMikki 14 Oct 2017 15:49:03 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh crap.

Just checked and apparently the response time on my ancient LG TV is a decent 6ms.

Hmmm... guess I can't blame the telly for my crappy reactions, then. Anybody know where I can get a Deus Ex style nervous system upgrade?
  • riceNpea 14 Oct 2017 18:11:18 928 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decent? 6ms is bloody phenomenal!
  • RelaxedMikki 14 Oct 2017 19:12:49 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah. It's blown my excuse though!

I am not entirely sure the 6ms figure is accurate either. There is noticible delay when playing Rock Band, which seems to me a pretty good test. (When you hit the drum pad there is a slight pause before the sound comes from the TV)
  • RelaxedMikki 15 Oct 2017 02:01:47 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got her. 2nd proper boss down.

Once I got the timings down on each of the attacks and worked out the distances to get the AI to behave predictably it wasn't to bad. Sprint strafing helped a lot.

Only took about 30 attempts. 😜

Waltzed through the next level. I am making mince meat of the normal demons now.
  • Fonzie 15 Oct 2017 10:39:27 3,057 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    WotW takes some beating. Even standard enemy grunts have huge health pools and the red tinged enemies are ridiculous. It's still fun but I'm finding it hard to accumulate money now to allow me to soul match and increase my hitting power.
  • grassyknoll 15 Oct 2017 11:43:38 625 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki Response time isn't related to input lag, it's a measurement of how fast a pixel changes it's colour state. Unless aimed at gamers most TV manufacturers (especially if older) never really discussed or measured input lag.

I believe Rock Band may have a lag tester in the options (could be Guitar Hero though).

Edited by grassyknoll at 11:45:02 15-10-2017
  • RelaxedMikki 15 Oct 2017 11:55:41 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah OK.

Yup - Rock Band does have a lag tester in the menus. Can't remember what the numbers were, but I think there is probably more audio lag than visual lag (which explains the delay on the drum sounds and vocals...)

Still, got past her now, so no need for excuses any more!

Ended up pretty overlevelled by grinding though, nearly beat the next boss on my first attempt.
  • RelaxedMikki 15 Oct 2017 15:15:01 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Next boss down. He was a bit of a doddle. I have picked up a vicious sword with extra water damage, from a high level Revenant that I duffed up, and it cut through dog face no trouble.

The waltz continues. A one-two thrust-chop. And a three-four combo-stun. Cha-cha-cha. Simply Come Slicing.
  • RelaxedMikki 16 Oct 2017 12:59:39 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What is the opinion on the dlc for this?

I understand that it only unlocks at the end of the game? Is the main game already not 100 hours long? Is there a chance I will burn out before I get there?

Is the dlc really hard? Will I have to mess around grinding for materials, min/maxing stats etc to be able to get through it?

I am happy to pay the 12, but not if there is a chance that I will never even play it...
  • Fonzie 16 Oct 2017 13:14:10 3,057 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    What is the opinion on the dlc for this?

I understand that it only unlocks at the end of the game? Is the main game already not 100 hours long? Is there a chance I will burn out before I get there?

Is the dlc really hard? Will I have to mess around grinding for materials, min/maxing stats etc to be able to get through it?

I am happy to pay the 12, but not if there is a chance that I will never even play it...
    I really enjoyed the dlc, plus you get access to two different weapon types. The bosses are quite difficult as well.
  • RelaxedMikki 19 Oct 2017 11:28:07 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Romping through this at the moment.

Got as far as the Mr Blobby Boss now. Beat both the previous two bosses on my second attempt, bit I have a feeling this one might put up more resistance.

My main sword (picked up from a Revenant) is only Level 15, but it does a ton of water damage and it has been slicing through everything in the previous couple of levels. I may need to switch it up here though, as I think Mr Blobby may be immune...
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 19 Oct 2017 11:31:03 10,951 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah try to get something fire based for that level.
  • RelaxedMikki 19 Oct 2017 11:46:55 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yup. I am going to go farm some Revenants and see what I can pick up.

The Revenants are often really easy to pick off. The AI really doesn't like guarding as it advances, so you can just back off slowly and then nip in and prod them when they drop their guard.
  • RelaxedMikki 19 Oct 2017 11:48:44 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did you do the dlc, Decks? Or did you burn out before that?

I am well into this at the moment, but can see it becoming a bit of a slog if it is 100 (!!) hours long.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 19 Oct 2017 12:01:03 10,951 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I still haven't finished it :redface:

I got up to the last area when something else came out I wanted to play. I've tried to go back to it a few times but it's too hard to try and get back into. I was also kind of burned out at that point, there's just too much of it and not enough enemy types to keep it interesting for that long.

Still one of my favourite games ever though.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 19 Oct 2017 12:02:51 10,951 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    And yeah the Revenants should have been way harder to beat - it kind of ruins the loot system once you realise that you can all the best gear so easily.
  • wuntyphyve 19 Oct 2017 12:44:17 9,486 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki You may well burn out before the DLC, so I wouldn't punt on it just yet. Like Decks, I bloody love the game. I did finish it eventually but with a view to never playing it again. I can't even contemplate the DLC even after all this time away from it.
  • puddleduck 19 Oct 2017 12:53:31 1,874 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki

Have an LG TV too and it has a few different settings. Usual stuff, game, cinema, sport etc...

My partner always puts it to cinema as the others are too bright and it does actually introduce input lag when gaming. Might just be one of your settings?
  • Zippity-zap 19 Oct 2017 13:18:30 223 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki
    Buy all of the DLC. Then buy a pound of cocaine and electrified nipple clamps. Best gaming experience ever. Nioh rules. It's rad to the max!
  • Zippity-zap 19 Oct 2017 13:19:41 223 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seriously, I do love the game.
  • Mr_Sleep 19 Oct 2017 13:36:29 21,312 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki just a quick note on blobby, if you were not aware, his body can be damaged. It feels like one is supposed to attack his hands but actually one should get fired up and go for the body. Just watch out for the insta deaths from falling and his beam weapon on doom.
  • RelaxedMikki 19 Oct 2017 13:48:10 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have already bought the dlc. God knows why, chances of me ever playing it are very slim. I still haven't finished Prey... or Persona 5... or Last Guardian... or Hob....or Senura's Sacrifice...

I bought the Assasins Creed 'Jack The Ripper' dlc in a sale the other month and still haven't even tried it.

It's appalling.
  • Fonzie 19 Oct 2017 17:32:27 3,057 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I on the other hand had no burn out until I'd played through 3 times. When ethereal gear started dropping I got a bit bored. May go back soon though because I want to progress further in the abyss.

Maybe a new build will liven things up.
  • RelaxedMikki 20 Oct 2017 13:01:53 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Killed Mr Blobby!

Was the toughest fight in a while. Got the hang of the first phase pretty quickly, but couldn't really work out the second. Ended up just jogging round and round him until he attacked and then nipping in for some strikes. It wasn't pretty, but it got the job done.

Onwards!
  • RelaxedMikki 22 Oct 2017 10:59:06 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Next boss down. Quelag's little sister dispatched without too much hassle. First attempt with a charged living weapon was all it took. Bosses here are quite a lot easier than in Dark Souls.

I may be playing too much of this game. As I was falling asleep last night, I could see little red and green health and ki bars floating around in front of my eyes...!
  • Mr_Sleep 22 Oct 2017 12:43:14 21,312 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @RelaxedMikki just you wait, some of the bosses later on are quite the challenge. They are very much a different style.

I assume you haven't had any duels yet as, well, he is a challenge indeed. Beware the dog.
  • RelaxedMikki 22 Oct 2017 13:09:19 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes... I am sure there will be stiffer challenges ahead. 😃

I have had a couple of one-on-one fights so far (one boss and one in the ninja dojo). I hid behind scenery in both of them, just popping out to have a cheeky singlr jab and then retreat. I would get marmalised if I went in swinging.
  • RelaxedMikki 28 Oct 2017 10:52:16 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Beat Il Naomasa last night. It is a sub-mission with a one on one duel in the dojo.

Came pretty close to beating him in a straight fight on my first attempt. Then had a run of abject failures.

In the end I cheesed him round the dojo bridge, hitting him with single heavy attacks as he came round the corners.

As Sun Tzu wrote in the Art of War: "When the enemy is strong, and victory is not certain, cheese the mofo".
  • RelaxedMikki 3 Nov 2017 13:04:23 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am still enjoying this. Beat a froggy boss last night.

He was much too fast for me and, to be honest, I think I might have fluked it. I got in behind him and just started spamming fast attack with rolls when Ki was low. Somehow got away with it.

I have a feeling that if I take a break from this I will lose my muscle memory and have no chance of picking it back up. So I am going to try and power through.

(Not that it is dragging yet, but I think I may only be just past half way... not including the dlc...!)
  • RelaxedMikki 3 Nov 2017 13:09:58 2,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anybody know what the deal is with levelling in this?

I am currently about 10 levels behind the recommended level for main missions (doing level 75 missions with a level 62 character)... I don't feel under-powered though...
  • Page

of 155 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.