Nioh Page 151

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 12 Jun 2017 18:06:18 21,264 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The Odachi DLC weapon is rather ace, a nice halfway house between the axe and sword. I haven't quite got the stance change stuff fluid yet but I can see it being really ace once it works.
  • Gunzberg 13 Jun 2017 13:57:01 2,273 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GarlVinland wrote:
    @Gunzberg I'm trying to farm glory to buy the Okatsu skin. It's stupidly expensive and at the rate I'm going, I'll have it maybe when Nioh 5 is out.

Any tips you found on getting there quicker?
    Not really, I tend to get about 100ish glory per revenant, sometimes I summon someone and then do 8-10 revenants one after another to ease the pain.

In other news, I have now completed the game bar the final secret boss in the epilogue, got him down to 15% but then the bloody eye spam and the inability to summon on that level put me off. I can't be bothered to grind another 20 levels etc just to have a better chance.

I will also not bother getting the DLC, did the last 2 regions mainly as co-op to make it bearable. And the summoning mechanic is frankly shit, someone should get punched in the gut for that poor design. Dark Souls at least does that better.

The game has some serious issues with repeating enemies, massive health bar (or too little dmg ? weapons), multiple design clusterfucks (hello blacksmith, summoning etc), and the story is let's be honest, shit but not as shit as Bayonetta 1. At least the combat is decent and on the PS4 Pro it runs like a dream. Frankly after what 40-50 hours with it, this is more of a Ninja Gaiden+1 then any kind of Dark Souls killer.
  • GarlVinland 14 Jun 2017 09:48:15 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dang. Never gonna play as waifu then. :-( No way I can be arsed to grind out that much glory for a skin.

Agree that there's just too much poor design in it, especially with co-op and enemy variety. Going to finish it regardless. How long did it take you from Sekigahara to the end? It seems like the last level or two are boss gauntlets, which just sounds tedious. Want to finish it just for the sake of it but need to drag myself to the finish line.
  • Mr_Sleep 14 Jun 2017 11:58:40 21,264 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    There is only really one boss rush and that is not too much of a struggle tbh. The final boss can be a bit of a pain until one works out a certain gravity issue.

I would say you can probably power through it in a maximum of fifteen hours from where you are. If you are jaded with it I suggest ignoring a lot of the pickups and loot and just focus on getting through the levels.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 11:59:00 14-06-2017
  • SomaticSense 14 Jun 2017 12:03:35 15,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wonder if the Okatsu grind has bitten them on the arse.

I would've been back in deep playing the game if it was at all realistically attainable, and would've bought the DLC for some fresh content to play as a result. Instead I did neither, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that.

It would've been a lot wiser to have priced the skins at a Glory cost that those who finished the campaign could've easily afforded them, or even have retroactively added them as straight rewards for beating the game. That might've pulled a percentage of lapsed players back in, and maybe have encouraged some DLC sales.

Edited by SomaticSense at 12:04:45 14-06-2017
  • Gunzberg 14 Jun 2017 13:14:11 2,273 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @GarlVinland In co-op about half a day of playing, it's not that long now.

Mind you I also did all sub-missions where u can co-op, the solo ones I abandoned after one failed attempt.

The epilogue mission can only be done solo and will also take you another hour or so
  • GarlVinland 14 Jun 2017 13:30:01 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cheers, good to know. Gonna try and finish it, and then casually drop in now and then for some co-op in Way of the Strong.

Totally agree about the Okatsu grind. I saw a few people mention that they thought female skins should have been an option from the start, it was the main draw for me with the latest updates, not the DLC. Knowing that it's off limits unless you're one of the hardcore few is offputting rather than galvanizing. You don't even have the option to just buy the damn thing.

I'll see what happens if/when I finish the game, but in the time it would take to farm for it, I could be playing an awful lot of Titanfall/Zelda/literally anything else...
  • Gunzberg 14 Jun 2017 13:35:52 2,273 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, come play some Titanfall 2 with me (add me ?).

Great way to unwind after Nioh.
  • GarlVinland 14 Jun 2017 13:50:19 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sent you a friend request. :) I'll be the one bouncing around in hot pink. Always hot pink.

Edited by GarlVinland at 13:50:44 14-06-2017
  • Bombonera 21 Jun 2017 20:40:57 407 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have been quietly making my way through the list of PS4 exclusives in recent months, and the next one on the list is Nioh. I was somewhat surprised to find that it still retails for around £42 new, while used copies are around £30 on ebay. Is there a reason the price hasn't dropped four months after release? Was there a limited supply of copies at launch? Comparatively, other exclusives including Yakuza 0, Nier Automata and Horizon, which launched in the same quarter as Nioh, have all received significant price drops since release.
  • GarlVinland 31 Jul 2017 09:53:30 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally finished this weekend! That penultimate mission was a bitch, but otherwise a tremendous game. Removed from the hype I can see why it was so highly praised. Minus a couple of points for the bland loot system, and for making me work so hard to get that damn Okatsu skin.

I then jumped straight into NG+, and into a brick wall of a sub-mission; a Yokai-then-revenant gauntlet, followed immediately by Nobunaga and Obsidian Samurai, at the same time. Play it in co-op and they throw Yuki-onna into the mix as well. Utterly sadistic.
  • SomaticSense 31 Jul 2017 16:22:03 15,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Bombonera

It sold way, way above it's expected target, so there's little motivation for a price drop.

It's one of those rare anomalies in that it's a 'niche' title that sold super well, which usually slows down the price depreciation. See also Dark Souls 1 and Persona 5.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 1 Aug 2017 17:32:29 1,685 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Off work this week (my leave-year ends in mid-August and I had more days outstanding than I could carry over) and just spent the afternoon with this...

Beat plot mission 6... did not enjoy it, largely due to those stupid drops into the water. Boss at the end was fun, though.

Just messed around with the sub-missions afterwards. My god, Sloth Charms are insane.
  • GarlVinland 1 Aug 2017 21:43:46 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Rogueywon I found the frustration/fun ratio weighted a little too much towards the former for the most part. Some bits are just plain exhausting. I've just started NG+ and am already dreading replaying some of the boss gauntlets.

The talismans and ninjutsu also seem way too advantageous to not take. Sloth makes bosses a doddle even post-nerf, and the talisman that lets you summon your guardian spirit for an attack is insane. Knockdown, final blow, repeat. Roll credits.
  • GarlVinland 3 Aug 2017 10:22:19 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did anyone manage to make a dent in NG+? Dang, I thought NG was tough, I'm equipped with all divines and I'm still getting one shot by everything. Plus they just start throwing every combination of 2 or 3 bosses at you at once in the sub-missions, which I think you need to complete in order to progress.

Also, if a revenant is guarding and I hop around them nimbly and smack them in the back, they should not be able to block that. Strange design decision. Completely makes a mockery of my so-called 'backstab' build.

Edited by GarlVinland at 10:22:42 03-08-2017
  • Mr_Sleep 3 Aug 2017 10:56:56 21,264 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @GarlVinland Yeah, I got near finishing NG+ with a ninjitsu karagusima build. Had all divine weapons and armour at +8. Still everything fucks you up. Haven't made much inroads into the new content as the dlc boss is nails.
  • GarlVinland 3 Aug 2017 11:16:16 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah, dammit. I was hoping that in Way of the Strong, I would be the strong one, rather than literally everything else. I joined a guy's game who was in WotS and was going great guns, not getting hit. Then made it all the way to the boss room, at full health, got twatted from behind right at the door and sent back to my world. :confused:

I like the feeling in Souls where you start NG+ and for the first time, lay waste to everything around you. Guess I just need to play NG+ feeling much like I did in NG.
  • chrisno21 3 Aug 2017 11:56:59 1,842 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The DLC is as tough as Way of the Strong even in NG. I liked the DLC stages and finished them all in NG but am nowhere near completing NG+, let alone NG++ or the new NG+++. My stats are good, 99 Heart for the Katana I am using but they hit so hard and my parry game is only good for the human enemies....
  • ChiefGB 3 Aug 2017 14:41:03 7,138 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So how is the dlc for this as it's on sale ATM.
  • Fonzie 3 Aug 2017 18:05:28 3,040 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    So how is the dlc for this as it's on sale ATM.
    I enjoyed the first dlc and have only just started the 2nd dlc. It's tough but fun.
  • GarlVinland 4 Aug 2017 10:35:53 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Put together an absolute monster of a build. Every backstab, final blow and damage on/at full health skill, finally got a Yasakani Magatama to bring set requirements down by 1, and divine Kingo backstab and Warrior of the West close combat damage gear. Plus ninjutsu skills for invisibility and silent running, it's turned the game into a stealth-em-up; sneak around, backstab Yokai, mission complete.

Never imagined the game could be played like that, it's incredible. Loving it more and more, plus the loot grind has me in its grip. DLC next.
  • OnlyJoeKing 6 Aug 2017 23:44:19 254 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bought today, and can't believe I didn't pick this up earlier. What a great game! Going to have to get the season pass I guess.
  • SomaticSense 7 Aug 2017 12:18:47 15,064 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's best to wait though.

The game is hugely bloated as it is, and reception of DLC has been mixed. See how you feel after you beat the game, as the DLC is going nowhere and will be cheap in a sale again in the future.
  • Switch024 7 Aug 2017 12:24:18 1,952 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah, great game but bloated and repetitive.

I bought the DLC on the strength of the first few hours but haven't even get round to finishing the main game, just got burnt out by the time I was nearing the end.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Aug 2017 12:33:17 10,314 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah same with me. Absolutely loved it up to a point but there's way too much of it and the last location is a huge pain n the arse.
  • Mr_Sleep 7 Aug 2017 12:59:23 21,264 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Close to finishing the DLC myself and I was very impressed with the first and the second has had at least one excellent level. Still there is too much repetition of assets and levels but that just seems to be the way of things.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 7 Aug 2017 13:02:23 10,314 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Has there still only been one DLC weapon so far?
  • GarlVinland 7 Aug 2017 13:03:53 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Plus the DLC is hard as balls. My OP character has been taking a dump on NG+ so far, but I tried the first level of DLC and only barely scraped through. On NG difficulty, not NG+.
  • GarlVinland 7 Aug 2017 13:04:54 2,066 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Decks Two, there was the Odachi in the first and the tonfa in the second.

Tonfa seems super weak though, they have to rebalance it in future, surely.
  • Mr_Sleep 7 Aug 2017 13:14:12 21,264 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @GarlVinland oh yeah, for sure. The first boss in the first DLC is very difficult. He has an unblockable combo that wrecks all. I was a bit OP for the DLC and it has become a bit eeasy but that is my own fault as I had to gain a few levels and went too far. Still a challenge even then.
  • Page

of 154 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.