• L_Franko Moderator 16 Mar 2010 16:18:57 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Refused (or are they more hardcore)
    Zero Down
    Pennywise
    Drop Kick Murphys
    Millencolin

There are many more I love which I can't really choose from right now.
  • Deleted user 16 March 2010 18:47:03
    Smuggo wrote:
    Also, Bad Religion are headlining Rebellionfest in Blackpool this August.

http://www.rebellionfestivals.com

\o/ Thanks for the link!!!

BR havent performed in the UK for years. Im gonna have to snare a ticket. I cant miss out on a rare chance to see my heros play.

Not too sure about the supporting acts though. Apart from Gallows ive never heard the rest.

btw, anyone else thinking of going?
  • Deleted user 16 March 2010 18:57:19
    Xeaon wrote:
    That A-F song is from a anti-flag / bouncing souls split btw, could just buy it :p

Yeah i was aware of that. Problem is, i wasnt prepared to pay 5-10 on a album just for one song. As i said, im not the biggest Anti-Flag fan, and Bouncing Souls isnt really my jar of coffee.

Its academic now anyway, i have the song \o/ thanks anyway though. :)
  • Deleted user 14 April 2010 19:57:33
    New Bad Religion song 'Resist Stance'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4r3IeL803U

Not the best audio, but worth a listen none the less.

tbh, Im not sure about the new sound, im not fussed on that riff at all.
  • BillMurray 30 Apr 2010 00:58:47 7,814 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.ifyoumakeit.com/album/get-bent/demo/

Get Bent - Demo

Best pop-punk band i've heard in a good couple of years.
  • Kid_Icarus 30 Apr 2010 01:56:32 555 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stiff Little Fingers are by far my favourite punk band. Very basic but catchy music and Jake's vocals are just amazing imo. Gritty and full of emotion, just like punk should be.

That being said I do like newer style punk bands, in fact NOFX probably take the number 2 spot.
  • mad_caddy 23 Sep 2010 11:45:20 3,306 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After the marvelous 30 years live free album Bad Religion have put their entire new album up on myspace

http://www.myspace.com/badreligion#pm_cmp=mce_con_music_vtop_bad

• 46matt 23 Sep 2010 11:56:52 132 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I forgot I had downloaded the live album, I'll have to give that a listen soon. Was never that keen on the newer Bad Religion material though, my fav album is Against The Grain.
  • Load_2.0 23 Sep 2010 11:58:33 19,457 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pink or blink 182.
  • dogbot 23 Sep 2010 12:21:16 2,276 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ever?

Black Flag

Contemporary, the muthafuckin' Bronx.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2010 05:18:06
    46matt wrote:
    I forgot I had downloaded the live album, I'll have to give that a listen soon. Was never that keen on the newer Bad Religion material though, my fav album is Against The Grain.

+1

Against The Grain is BR's greatest creation, Its fucking outstanding! I would argue the best punk album of all time.

Their new material is still of a good quality, though light years behind their older stuff. Repeating the holy trinity's enormity was always going to be insurmountable task. I think its an incredible feat that BR are still plugging away.

Looking forward to the new album, its been dispatched and will be with me shortly. I shall refrain from visiting their Myspace in the mean time. Cant wait :)
  • Deleted user 24 September 2010 16:23:53
    So has anybody listened to BR's new album yet? Thoughts?
  • mad_caddy 24 Sep 2010 16:34:08 3,306 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've had a listen, I like it, couple of weak songs, I'm definitely going to be buying it. They seem to do more melodic stuff now than ever, not to say it's bad, I like it, I think it's some of their stronger stuff.

check out some of the preorder stuff you can get :>
    http://kingsroadmerch.com/bad-religion/
  • Deleted user 24 September 2010 17:08:26
    mad_caddy wrote:
    I've had a listen, I like it, couple of weak songs, I'm definitely going to be buying it. They seem to do more melodic stuff now than ever, not to say it's bad, I like it, I think it's some of their stronger stuff.

check out some of the preorder stuff you can get :>
    http://kingsroadmerch.com/bad-religion/

Yeah, ive got Anarchy Evolution on pre-order from Amazon, didn't realise Graffin had another book out? Is that new?

Anybody read Graffins 'Believe In God. Good, Bad Or Irrelevant'? Much recommended read.
  • Deleted user 24 September 2010 22:38:22
    Bad Religion - Finite (bonus track from the Japanese version of 'The Dissent Of Man')

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLPb9R74AYo

Awesome stuff!!!
  • mad_caddy 27 Sep 2010 12:21:27 3,306 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They've also stuck it up on Spotify, I'm really liking this album.

Graffin is an absolute legend and proof that not all punks are thick as shit :p the dude has an a amazing brain, I heard somewhere he's doing a tv series as well.
  • Deleted user 27 September 2010 17:11:38
    Album finally arrived \o/

'Only Rain' and 'Avalon' are my picks so far, two incredibly infectious tracks!

I still think 'Finite' is the strongest song on the record, I had to download from it iTunes as it didn't appear on my standard version :/

As a whole, it feels slightly like a lopsided album and lacking a little punch, but i think it will be a grower, some of the lead guitar work is just fantastic.
  • mad_caddy 27 Sep 2010 17:21:15 3,306 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Devil in Stitched for me is one of my favourites, but I'm a big fan of Drunk Sincerity and it's got a twang of that in it.

Some one to Believe has a Mediocre Minds feeling to it.

I'm really enjoying the album all in all, it's growing on me at an alarming rate.
  • Deleted user 27 September 2010 17:27:24
    Singing along to 'Wrong Way Kids' at the moment :)

"whoa oh whoa oh whoa oh ohhhhh"

The song 'Meeting Of The Minds' has a very New Maps Of Hell vibe to it, the guitar work sounds almost identical to 'Germs Of Perfection'.

Album is indeed growing :)
  • mad_caddy 27 Sep 2010 17:34:22 3,306 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not many albums I loop back to back to be honest but this is spot on.

Extremely jealous of a guy I work with who recently supported them on tour!
  • Deleted user 27 September 2010 17:35:09
    mad_caddy wrote:

Some one to Believe has a Mediocre Minds feeling to it.

Nowhere near as excruciating.

Infact, Mediocre Minds is the only song Graffin regrets writing, he totally dissociates himself with it.
  • mad_caddy 27 Sep 2010 17:43:33 3,306 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    really, blimey! mind you that album and New America are the two albums I'm not a fan of.
  • Deleted user 27 September 2010 17:55:22
    I actually have a soft spot for No Substance

'Shades of Truth', 'All Fantastic Images', 'Strange Denial' and 'In So Many Ways' are great songs. Not vintage BR but still very good.

Yeah, New America is undeniably their worst record. 'I Love My Computer' /o\
  • Deleted user 27 September 2010 18:02:16
    mad_caddy wrote:
    Not many albums I loop back to back to be honest but this is spot on.

Extremely jealous of a guy I work with who recently supported them on tour!

I have a friend who was signed to Epitaph, he fronted the Hot Melts.

He was a big BR fan himself until he met Bret Gurewitz :/ Lets just say my friend felt unappreciated.

edit: i might add, Bring Me The Horizon were getting the majority of attention from Guretwitz and the label :/
  • Deleted user 29 September 2010 17:20:11
    Right, now that ive become familiar with The Dissent Of Man, i can forge a true opinion. It is an interesting path BR have taken. For the better? I would say not.

I can fully understand and appreciate this musical stance, BR are in their twilight and this humble sound is certainly indicative of their age.

The production is great, its just the bulk of the song writing is very average and a lot of the songs fade without as much as a whimper. It all feels rather uneventful. I wouldn't go as far to say the record is uninspired but it undoubtedly lacks the gusto and full tilt that BR fans are accustomed to. Greg doesn't really push his voice either.

Sadly, I would place The Dissent of Man in the lower echelon of BR's discography. There is just not enough punk in it.

But im happy just to have some new stuff, after 30 years & 15 albums i feel like a very lucky fanboy indeed.

and besides there are some splendid tracks amongst the forgettable.

The Day That Earth Stalled
    Only Rain
    Resist Stance
    Pride & The Pallor
    Avalon
    Finite

all are great :)

• mad_caddy 19 Oct 2010 10:25:45 3,306 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I agree (in the most part). I think they've done worse albums, this isn't their greatest, with a lot of Bad Religion's stuff I've always liked a large portion of the album but for a few tracks. this is the same, some of the tracks are a bit bland and less punchy than they should be.

My choice tracks for this one are...
    Only Rain, Pride and Pallor, Wrong Way Kids, Someone to Believe and Avalon.

I'm going to do myself a massive mix of all my top BR tunes I think, they've had sooo many good songs with soooo many albums I'll forgive them a few duffers :p
  • dogbot 19 Oct 2010 10:32:06 2,276 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'd have to listen to it again.

I played it a couple of times back in September, initial opinion was "it's ok".

I quite liked the last one (New Maps of Hell), though, so I should give it another chance. Stuff they played off the new one in August sounded good live, too.
  • Page

of 9 First / Last