Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 3

• Page

of 617 First / Last

• Tuffty 8 Dec 2015 09:51:36 3,701 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He's succeeding at the minute because he's telling people the things they want to hear. He'll be tough on terrorists, on immigration, Muslims are evil, Russia will have to listen to us etc. Anytime he's asked in detail about it he always goes 'I'll make it work'. 'You don't even wanna know how tough I can be'. 'I'll make them listen to me.' There's no substance. Even if he wins the Republican vote, he won't win the Presidency as he won't get votes from the minority groups, he's already pissed off Muslims and Latinos.

So yeah, what a twat.
  • DaM 8 Dec 2015 10:22:39 16,464 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I know people think he'll just go too far, and the "decent" Republicans will come forward, but the rest of them aren't exactly polling well at the moment.
  • JoelStinty 8 Dec 2015 10:28:37 5,030 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I do sometimes think that maybe Trump is trolling us. But he hasn't realised it something you just do on internet message boards. Just seeing how far he can go. Like it some deranged social experiment on a world wide scale.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2015 10:32:51
    I BELIEVE THAT THE BIG D BELIEVES EVERY STUPID THING THAT EMERGES FROM HIS MOUTH BECAUSE HE IS TOO STUPID TO KNOW THAT HE IS WRONG.

EXHIBIT A WOULD BE HIS RIDICULOUS TOUPEE ONLY A TRULY STUPID MAN WOULD CONTINUE WITH SUCH A CHARADE.
  • reviewer 8 Dec 2015 10:37:08 4,118 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    Malek86 wrote:
    Not sure why the republicans would want this guy as their candidate, he's even less voteable than Romney, and Romney lost badly.
    As far as I can tell they don't want him.
    The Republican establishment don't want him, because they (correctly) believe that he can't win the general election. But there's not much they can do to a guy who's basically self-funded.

The rank-and-file love him. But they appear not to care about electability, as long as he's saying the the things that the POLITICALLY CORRECT ELITE don't want you to hear.
    He's barely spending anything compared to the other candidates. The media are giving him all the free coverage he needs + his use of social media is scarily good.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Dec 2015 10:45:36 14,831 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, he's still probably spending quite a bit of money on hiring people who know how to work the media/social media.

But the point isn't about how much he's spending - it's about where his money comes from. He doesn't have to rely on other people for his money, so can't be controlled with it.
  • PES_Fanboy Funniest Forumite, 2016 8 Dec 2015 10:46:46 42,934 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I know another political party (sort of) that's scarily good with social media and relying on press for publicity.

The Donald and ISIS must share a publicist
  • Load_2.0 8 Dec 2015 11:02:16 24,652 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I can't decide if this is some money making exercise where he has no real belief he will be elected or accepting he is a sociopath with an enormous ego.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2015 11:04:16
    Post deleted
  • senso-ji 8 Dec 2015 11:06:48 7,702 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    His rhetoric about Muslims hating America echoes those of neo-cons post 9/11. Although, they used that argument to advocate bombing and invading countries, so if Trump just wants to close the borders, then that's a relatively more timid response.
  • El_MUERkO 8 Dec 2015 11:10:06 18,163 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    His surname means fart.
  • PES_Fanboy Funniest Forumite, 2016 8 Dec 2015 11:10:46 42,934 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have no idea why anyone would want to visit the USA if he was President so it seems a little redundant
  • DrStrangelove 8 Dec 2015 11:16:30 10,421 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    He doesn't care. It's not like he plans to enact any of these policies. In the very, very, very unlikely case that he does win, he'll backtrack on the implausible promises just like any other politician.
    Yes, but he nukes any trace of political debate and poisons public opinion by inciting more hatred against Muslims and giving the impression that it's ok even in big politics to demand statutory discrimination of a religious minority, and that such a thing might actually be possible. Inciting hatred against a minority, fuelling the already spreading fire of confrontation between Muslims and non-Muslims, and suggesting that it'd be great to get rid of basic democratic principles, makes him very dangerous even without any actual governing position.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Dec 2015 11:22:33 14,831 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    He doesn't care. It's not like he plans to enact any of these policies. In the very, very, very unlikely case that he does win, he'll backtrack on the implausible promises just like any other politician.
    Yes, but he nukes any trace of political debate and poisons public opinion by inciting more hatred against Muslims and giving the impression that it's ok even in big politics to demand statutory discrimination of a religious minority, and that such a thing might actually be possible. Inciting hatred against a minority, fuelling the already spreading fire of confrontation between Muslims and non-Muslims, and suggesting that it'd be great to get rid of basic democratic principles, makes him very dangerous even without any actual governing position.
    Hey, you've got no argument from me there. I very strongly doubt that he'll be elected, but it's troubling that he has the support that he does even so.
  • tanakanitsua 8 Dec 2015 11:25:36 1 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    could you imagine a candidate like this in the UK?
  • RyanDS 8 Dec 2015 11:27:18 11,453 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    milesaustin wrote:
    Farage
  • reviewer 8 Dec 2015 11:28:34 4,118 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    milesaustin wrote:
    Nigel Farage
  • Fab4 8 Dec 2015 11:28:40 7,876 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh please. Trump makes Farage look like Tony Benn.
  • drhickman1983 8 Dec 2015 11:32:04 4,463 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oswald Mosely?
  • senso-ji 8 Dec 2015 11:33:35 7,702 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nick Griffin. He also demanded a halt to all immigration from Muslim countries. Didn't work out so well for him, though.
  • drhickman1983 8 Dec 2015 11:34:38 4,463 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ah yeah, Nick Griffin. Forgot he was a person.
  • Dirtbox 8 Dec 2015 11:35:24 88,274 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, but none of those are quite brimming with the same amount of repugnance as Trump. Truly the most vile of festering cunts.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2015 11:45:23
    i dunno Griffin was pretty vile

I guess what is making it worse is that he is still quite popular in America (apparently)

Edited by Graxlar at 11:45:57 08-12-2015
  • Mola_Ram 8 Dec 2015 11:55:16 14,831 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Keep in mind that most American voters aren't paying attention yet. He might not be so popular with Republican voters when primary voting time comes around.
  • Deleted user 8 December 2015 12:00:37
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Keep in mind that most American voters aren't paying attention yet. He might not be so popular with Republican voters when primary voting time comes around.
    Can Democrats vote for him in the primaries? No idea how it works, but Trump would be an utter gift to Hilary if he was her opposition.
  • Fake_Blood 8 Dec 2015 12:03:09 6,973 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I always lol when I read "he says what the people want to hear".
    Isn't that how democracy works?
    And no sympathy for trump from me btw, just find it funny.
  • Tuffty 8 Dec 2015 12:06:21 3,701 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    But Baldasaro, a co-chair of Trump’s state veterans coalition, said Trump is “100 percent right” and Horn is wrong.

“What he’s saying is no different than the situation during World War II, when we put the Japanese in camps,” Baldasaro, a Marine veteran, said. “The people who attacked innocent people in Paris came through open borders. From a military mind standpoint, all Donald Trump is saying is to do what needs to be done until we get a handle on how to do background checks.”
    http://www.wmur.com/politics/state-gop-chairwoman-says-trumps-call-to-ban-muslims-from-us-is-unamerican/36847434

Trump also wants to call Bill Gates to close up the internet

"We're losing a lot of people because of the internet," Trump said. "We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what's happening. We have to talk to them about, maybe in certain areas, closing that internet up in some ways. Somebody will say, 'Oh freedom of speech, freedom of speech.' These are foolish people."
    http://www.theverge.com/2015/12/7/9869308/donald-trump-close-up-the-internet-bill-gates

He has to be sabotaging the republican party from within right?
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 8 Dec 2015 12:15:17 46,334 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    And no sympathy for trump from me btw, just find it funny.
    It does get less funny when you realise that people take him seriously and some are getting all shooty over it.
  • Sir_Stefansen 8 Dec 2015 12:20:14 369 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    He's funny

I imagine in a few time a G8 meeting with the following representatives:
    Usa - Trump
    France - Le Pen
    Italy - Salvini
    Uk - Farage

need an insane chancellor for Germany

A world more dangerous but certainly more fun
  • SYS64738 8 Dec 2015 12:27:33 3,572 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sir_Stefansen wrote:
    He's funny

I imagine in a few time a G8 meeting with the following representatives:
    Usa - Trump
    France - Le Pen
    Italy - Salvini
    Uk - Farage

need an insane chancellor for Germany

A world more dangerous but certainly more fun
    Germany's got a contender with AfD's Frauke Petry already.

So all in all then, a somewhat more multicultural Wolfenstein New Order.
  • Page

of 617 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.