Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 865

• Page

of 871 First / Last

• Armoured_Bear 12 Jan 2018 17:15:56 20,798 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    You seemed to suggest that Norway has little industry which is a reason for Norwegian emigration to the USA.
    Ah, not quite. I said they don't necessarily have a huge number of industries. Quality over quantity and all that. Which is fine and all (and obviously works for them), but it's the reason that a lot of the Norwegians I know in the creative industries accept that moving abroad is part and parcel of working in that field. As one example.
    Ah, ok, my apologies.
    Which creative industries?
  • disusedgenius 12 Jan 2018 17:29:35 8,854 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Ah, ok, my apologies.
    The one I'm in is CG animation, but I've heard similar sentiments from graphic designers and things. There is some work over there, it's just smaller and obviously those who have the jobs aren't going to go giving them up!

There's obviously the improved basic standard of living but also the work is more standard corporate stuff that tends to be a bit easier lifestyle-wise as well.

Of course this is all a bit anecdotal on my part, but there you go.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jan 2018 17:32:55 20,798 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Ah, ok, my apologies.
    The one I'm in is CG animation, but I've heard similar sentiments from graphic designers and things. There is some work over there, it's just smaller and obviously those who have the jobs aren't going to go giving them up!

There's obviously the improved basic standard of living but also the work is more standard corporate stuff that tends to be a bit easier lifestyle-wise as well.

Of course this is all a bit anecdotal on my part, but there you go.
    ok, cheers for the info.
  • Tonka 12 Jan 2018 17:34:55 26,890 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Norwegians are fast and lazy from all their oil. Only thing that can get them off their Layzbois is the annual clubbing of baby seals.
  • Tonka 12 Jan 2018 17:36:30 26,890 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    shithole countries = tough language
    grab them by the pussy = locker room talk

Anyone care to venture what the next outrage and explanation will be?
    I was just trying to instigate an intellectual debate.
  • spamdangled 12 Jan 2018 18:52:21 31,076 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't imagine him getting through his Media Awards thing next week without putting his foot in it.
  • ubergine 12 Jan 2018 20:42:52 7,636 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I"m currently predicting he'll blurt out the n-word at a funeral before March 10.
  • H1ggyLTD 12 Jan 2018 20:45:13 8,090 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I reckon if Obama publically confronted him he would.
  • Duffking 12 Jan 2018 21:15:30 15,144 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A lawyer for President Donald Trump arranged a $130,000 payment to a former adult-film star a month before the 2016 election as part of an agreement that precluded her from publicly discussing an alleged sexual encounter with Mr. Trump, according to people familiar with the matter.

Michael Cohen, who spent nearly a decade as a top attorney at the Trump Organization, arranged payment to the woman, Stephanie Clifford, in October 2016 after her lawyer negotiated the nondisclosure agreement with Mr. Cohen, these people said.

Ms. Clifford, whose stage name is Stormy Daniels, has privately alleged the encounter with Mr. Trump took place after they met at a July 2006 celebrity golf tournament in Lake Tahoe, these people said. Mr. Trump married Melania Trump in 2005.

Mr. Trump faced other allegations during his campaign of inappropriate behavior with women, and vehemently denied them. In this matter, there is no allegation of a nonconsensual interaction.

“These are old, recycled reports, which were published and strongly denied prior to the election,” a White House official said, responding to the allegation of a sexual encounter involving Mr. Trump and Ms. Clifford. The official declined to respond to questions about an agreement with Ms. Clifford. It isn’t known whether Mr. Trump was aware of any agreement or payment involving her.

In a statement, Mr. Cohen didn’t address the $130,000 payment but said of the alleged sexual encounter that “President Trump once again vehemently denies any such occurrence as has Ms. Daniels.”

Mr. Cohen added in the statement, addressed to The Wall Street Journal: “This is now the second time that you are raising outlandish allegations against my client. You have attempted to perpetuate this false narrative for over a year; a narrative that has been consistently denied by all parties since at least 2011.”

The Journal previously reported that Ms. Clifford, 38 years old, had been in talks with ABC’s “Good Morning America” in the fall of 2016 about an appearance to discuss Mr. Trump, according to people familiar with the matter. In that article, the Journal reported the company that owns the National Enquirer agreed to pay $150,000 to a former Playboy centerfold model three months before the election for her story of an affair a decade earlier with the Republican presidential nominee, which the tabloid newspaper didn’t publish. The company said she was paid to write fitness columns and appear on magazine covers.

Mr. Cohen also sent a two-paragraph statement by email addressed “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” and signed by “Stormy Daniels” denying that she had a “sexual and/or romantic affair” with Mr. Trump.

“Rumors that I have received hush money from Donald Trump are completely false,” the statement said.

Ms. Clifford didn’t respond to multiple emails seeking comment.

After the agreement, Ms. Clifford’s camp complained the payment wasn’t being made quickly enough and threatened to cancel the deal, some of the people familiar with the matter said.

The payment was made to Ms. Clifford through her lawyer in the matter, Keith Davidson, with funds sent to Mr. Davidson’s client-trust account at City National Bank in Los Angeles, according to the people.

“I previously represented Ms. Daniels,” Mr. Davidson said, referring to Ms. Clifford’s stage name. “Attorney-client privilege prohibits me from commenting on my clients’ legal matters.”

A spokeswoman for City National Bank declined to comment.

The agreement with Ms. Clifford came as the Trump campaign confronted allegations from numerous women who described unwanted sexual advances and alleged assaults by Mr. Trump.

In October 2016, the Washington Post published a videotape made, but never aired, by NBC’s “Access Hollywood” in which Mr. Trump spoke of groping women.

Mr. Trump denied all allegations of inappropriate sexual conduct and apologized at the time for his remarks on the tape, calling them locker-room banter.

Mr. Cohen worked at the Trump Organization from 2007 until after the election. As Mr. Trump took office, Mr. Cohen said he would work in private practice and act as Mr. Trump’s personal attorney. “I am the fix-it guy,” he said in an interview in January 2017 before Mr. Trump’s inauguration.

Ms. Clifford has appeared in about 150 adult films, and was considered among the industry’s biggest stars when the then-27-year-old met Mr. Trump at the American Century Championship in 2006, held at Edgewood Tahoe golf course in Nevada.

Another adult-film star, Jessica Drake, later alleged in an October 2016 news conference that Mr. Trump kissed her and two other women without permission in a hotel suite after the same 2006 golf event.

“I did not sign [a nondisclosure agreement], nor have I received any money for coming forward,” Ms. Drake said this week in an emailed statement. “I spoke out because it was the right thing to do.”

A White House official responded to questions about Ms. Drake by referring to a previous statement by the Trump campaign, which called her account “totally false and ridiculous.”
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-lawyer-arranged-130-000-payment-for-adult-film-stars-silence-1515787678
  • Mfolf 12 Jan 2018 21:21:15 1,793 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    I reckon if Obama publically confronted him he would.
    It’s awful but I’m kinda looking forward to it. It will come out and it will be a litmus test for how far gone they are.
  • elstoof 12 Jan 2018 23:18:31 19,158 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    https://twitter.com/hochalicious/status/951945709934161920
  • Tuffty 12 Jan 2018 23:31:21 4,078 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A career intelligence analyst who is an expert in hostage policy stood before President Donald Trump in the Oval Office last fall to brief him on the impending release of a family long held in Pakistan under uncertain circumstances.

It was her first time meeting the president, and when she was done briefing, he had a question for her.

"Where are you from?" the president asked, according to two officials with direct knowledge of the exchange.

New York, she replied.

Trump was unsatisfied and asked again, the officials said. Referring to the president's hometown, she offered that she, too, was from Manhattan. But that's not what the president was after.

He wanted to know where "your people" are from, according to the officials, who spoke under condition of anonymity due to the nature of the internal discussions.

After the analyst revealed that her parents are Korean, Trump turned to an adviser in the room and seemed to suggest her ethnicity should determine her career path, asking why the "pretty Korean lady" isn't negotiating with North Korea on his administration's behalf, the officials said.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-s-history-breaking-decorum-remarks-race-ethnicity-n837181
  • mal 13 Jan 2018 01:16:27 28,815 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Jesus. It's like he's straight out of the 1970s, and that's on a good day.
  • spamdangled 13 Jan 2018 02:03:36 31,076 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jesus christ. Even my grandad wasn't that culturally ignorant, and he was born in 1919 and a hardcore Thatcherite.

Edited by spamdangled at 02:04:07 13-01-2018
  • Khanivor 13 Jan 2018 06:58:30 43,495 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Past Khani now feels dirty rubbing them out to Stormy. I thought she was mine
  • Tonka 13 Jan 2018 07:44:27 26,890 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    https://twitter.com/hochalicious/status/951945709934161920
    Oh hohoho. It took a while for the penny to drop. Better finish my coffee.
  • fischer_elite12 13 Jan 2018 07:44:59 1 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 days ago
    This is all what I can say:

• Tonka 13 Jan 2018 07:47:45 26,890 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wrt that hush money... Can't see how it would have had anything but a positive effect on team Trump. A man's man and all that.

Waste of money.
  • askew 13 Jan 2018 07:47:54 15,831 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Profound

(Bah, out of order)

Edited by askew at 07:48:41 13-01-2018
  • reviewer 13 Jan 2018 07:51:20 4,829 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He's clearly racist but it's go to the stage where I don't even see how that matters. He's not going to resign, its not going to stop him doing anything, its not going to damage people's opinions further.
  • Tonka 13 Jan 2018 08:12:59 26,890 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yep. He passed the point where anything he says or does can harm him, back when the pussy tape was released.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Jan 2018 08:18:05 16,880 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes, but it's still important to point out. We have norms, and we don't want those to change just because we're exhausted with someone who constantly flaunts them.
  • mothercruncher 13 Jan 2018 08:22:13 14,334 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bannon alleges Trump’s lawyer took care of about a hundred women during the campaign.
  • JoelStinty 13 Jan 2018 08:44:59 6,020 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    On top of all the stuff mentioned on this page today it also now looks like the White House have at least faked a medical press release , and my inclination , probably the whole report too.

https://twitter.com/maddowblog/status/952002742968516609
  • askew 13 Jan 2018 08:55:56 15,831 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    “His penis was greatly bigly. There were testicles… on both sides. Some say…”

Signed,
    Donald’s Doctor
  • Trowel 13 Jan 2018 09:09:56 21,789 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Why would a doctor write a press release. Isn't it pretty normal for the press office to release a quote instead? All I see is a typo, not a story.
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 13 Jan 2018 09:21:51 47,382 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Trowel Normally they'd release something like this:
    https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/sites/default/files/docs/periodic_physical_press_release_june_2014.pdf
  • JoelStinty 13 Jan 2018 10:18:38 6,020 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Doesn't help either you can read that note in trump's voice as well. Excellent. Exceptional.
  • spamdangled 13 Jan 2018 10:28:44 31,076 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Past Khani now feels dirty rubbing them out to Stormy. I thought she was mine
  • Bambot 13 Jan 2018 10:39:00 913 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Meh. It does sound exactly like something Trump dictated, but just because whoever transcribed the 'report' doesn't know that Ronnie is actually Ronny doesn't suggest to me at all that it wasn't Ronny that originally said the thing.
  • Page

of 871 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.