Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 785

• Page

of 791 First / Last

• Tuffty 12 Oct 2017 20:49:35 3,991 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He also said the president was "exactly accurate" to assert that federal personnel are "not going to be there for ever".
    They're not expecting that, they just want immediate help you dumb fucks
  • Darth_Flibble 12 Oct 2017 20:56:02 2,808 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Would be great if he tripped down the stairs and broke his fat neck then shit himself on Live tv. He is really a vile piece of crap but being President affects the entire world
  • Daryoon 12 Oct 2017 20:58:27 5,867 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    And another thing... How many of the responses to his tweets or anti-Trump stuff are returned bots? I'm struggling to get my head around most being real.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 21:35:28 2,529 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You know things are really bad when you're actively wishing for someone to die.
  • DrStrangelove 12 Oct 2017 21:50:32 11,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    I believe there is a mention of laying with another man and how it's very naughty. However I had thought it was written by one of jesus' disciples and not from the word of God or whatever shit.
    As the aforementioned Leviticus 20:13 goes: "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them."

This is God himself speaking, personally demanding that homosexual acts be punished by death.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 21:53:00 12-10-2017
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 22:02:26 2,529 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    God is blatantly a Bottom.
  • Waffleaber 12 Oct 2017 22:44:26 672 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's unfortunate most right wing homophobes don't take the rest of Leviticus so seriously:

19:34 "The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt."

I'd also make the case, if anyone cares, that these were rules for how the Israelites were supposed to live their life at that time which is why the first bit is mostly concerned with having food taken to be blessed at a tent for slaughter. Obviously now people don't take their food to be blessed (while ironically being upset Muslims do) and everyone is happy with their cotton blend clothes and eating rare steaks so they're happy to wave those rules away.

The anti-gay verses are stuck after a whole raft of anti-incest ones. The whole of Leviticus is, frankly, a survival guide for a group wandering the desert. Keep your population healthy by having them not eat gone off food for food off the floor, inspect the meat so you know it's fresh, get them to cook the meat thoroughly before eating, avoid incestuous relationships to keep the gene pool fresh and ban gay sex to keep the babies coming. It could have been written by Bear Grylls.
  • thelzdking 12 Oct 2017 22:54:29 6,233 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56d056fb40261db4d8f2f5af/t/57c80f803e00be567ca23802/1472728961231/Video-Thumbnail-small.jpg?format=1000w
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 23:11:32 2,529 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56d056fb40261db4d8f2f5af/t/57c80f803e00be567ca23802/1472728961231/Video-Thumbnail-small.jpg?format=1000w
    Between this and jar jar binks 'appearing' in the new star wars poster, consider my mind....
    BLOWN
    L
    O
    W
    N
  • DrStrangelove 12 Oct 2017 23:33:37 11,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's these moments when I read that Trump ordered bombardment of the California wildfires and I'm not sure for 1-2 seconds if I'm on a satire or a real news site
  • Psychotext 13 Oct 2017 08:23:50 61,813 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What am I supposed to seeing in that Bear Grylls pic?
  • askew 13 Oct 2017 08:43:05 15,431 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Jesus.
  • nickthegun 13 Oct 2017 08:51:42 71,645 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    His greatest adventure is being a god botherer in this wicked, heathen land.
  • Tonka 13 Oct 2017 08:55:54 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What Facebook Did to American Democracy
  • DrStrangelove 13 Oct 2017 09:46:39 11,031 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good read, thanks.
  • Tonka 13 Oct 2017 10:14:19 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If you want more on how damaging facebook are there's plenty to read on this Tumblr
  • urban 13 Oct 2017 11:51:09 12,980 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm terrified of what America will look like in 3 years of this guy in charge.

Look at the division and distrust he's sown in less than a year and simply by saying one thing and doing another then when the press pull him up on it he says they're they liars and everyone goes "Oh, OK!"

He's definitely well on his way to becoming a dictator and even if there are MANY checks and balances to stop that happening all he has to do is cut Libel law to his liking. Appoint his own people to the DoJ and FBI (nearly done) then he practically has his own Gestapo, cut business taxes to the hilt so they all come running back creating masses of jobs thus winning over the people then start a war.

Easy.
  • reviewer 13 Oct 2017 11:54:02 4,640 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Except many of those appointments need approving and the republicans aren't going to do well next year. There are too many in those agencies resisting the study for him to be effective in his incompetence.
  • Tonka 13 Oct 2017 11:56:04 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
  • whatfruitlivesagain 13 Oct 2017 12:45:07 430 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    urban wrote:
    I'm terrified of what America will look like in 3 years of this guy in charge.

Look at the division and distrust he's sown in less than a year and simply by saying one thing and doing another then when the press pull him up on it he says they're they liars and everyone goes "Oh, OK!"

He's definitely well on his way to becoming a dictator and even if there are MANY checks and balances to stop that happening all he has to do is cut Libel law to his liking. Appoint his own people to the DoJ and FBI (nearly done) then he practically has his own Gestapo, cut business taxes to the hilt so they all come running back creating masses of jobs thus winning over the people then start a war.

Easy.
    The real end game of the conservative republican movement is to amend the constitution to limit the scope and powers of the federal government. Thereby enshrining Republican dogma into unchangeable law.

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a12836895/constitution-article-v/

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/351204-gop-state-lawmakers-meet-to-plan-possible-constitutional-convention
  • JamboWayOh 13 Oct 2017 20:23:03 2,529 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just an a little taster of the kind of shit the Christian Right in America get all wet about:

'The president hit further applause lines in a room that had earlier been treated to a speaker wearing an industrial apron in order to “drain the swamp” and an unflattering photo of Hillary Clinton shown for the purpose of mockery. A panel featuring three Republican members of Congress had praised Trump’s attempt to ban transgender people in the military and urged tougher restrictions on abortion. The Values Voter summit is sponsored by the conservative Family Research Council.'

Trump celebrates 'shared and timeless values' with Christian evangelicals
  • Khanivor 13 Oct 2017 21:09:14 43,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    He really has gone out of his way to be a fucking cockstick and destroy this country these last couple of days.

Worst President ever? One of the worst fucking humans ever. And don't come at me with the moral relativism shtick; at least Stalin, Mao, Khan et
    all had a fucking goal in mind, had some ambition beyond having people pay attention to them because their daddy didn't give a fuck.
  • RobAnybody 13 Oct 2017 21:32:19 1,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    He really has gone out of his way to be a fucking cockstick and destroy this country these last couple of days.

Worst President ever? One of the worst fucking humans ever. And don't come at me with the moral relativism shtick; at least Stalin, Mao, Khan et
    all had a fucking goal in mind, had some ambition beyond having people pay attention to them because their daddy didn't give a fuck.
    Trump is a vile excuse for a human being, I honestly can't think of a single good thing to say about him. And look who's propping him up - the GOP. For enabling and supporting Trump they are almost as bad as Trump; selfish, greedy, cowardly and self-centred, thinking only of themselves.
  • erichiggins-freese 13 Oct 2017 21:34:31 4 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 months ago
  • Skirlasvoud 14 Oct 2017 00:26:05 2,799 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If we're lucky, nobody is crazy enough to cooperate with this blackmail and the Dems get the chance to fix the flaws in Obamacare come 2020.

That is, if the ACA really hasn't imploded by then... :(
  • mal 14 Oct 2017 00:39:48 28,308 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Most of the problems with Obamacare come from a Rep Government and a narcissistic Pres who are doing their best to destroy it.
  • Skirlasvoud 14 Oct 2017 00:51:30 2,799 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    For as far as I can tell, it's rickety even with the GOP and POTUS trying to destroy it.

In most European countries, everyone chips into National Healthcare. Costs here are still skyrocketing thanks to an aging populace, but the system is carried broad enough to survive.

Obamacare isn't. What's in place, is the best Obama could do in a Country that isn't ready for that sort of social solidarity. There's a lot of people who are still allowed to opt out. To make up for it, Obamacare is subsidized and certain sections of the population fined to simulate broader coverage.

The reason Trump now manages to squeeze the life out of ACA now, is because of the clumsey subsidies and that Obamacare is an incomplete measure.

It needs to survive long enough for the American people to get used to it enough to slowly evolve into a Nation-wide thing. Health insurance will not work if the GOP is allowed to "empower the consumer" into opting out. People are selfish beings and would rather not if they expect to remain health in the shortest of terms.

Summarizes why the Republican party is a bad idea in general. You can't only live in the here and now, rely on individuals to be responsible and refuse to plan for the future through government control.

Edited by Skirlasvoud at 00:56:35 14-10-2017
  • ubergine 14 Oct 2017 01:48:38 7,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Probably the best outcome of this journey into political Mordor is that there might be a swing against the Republican forces that will knock them out of commission. Problem is, I just find it hard to be optimistic. Getting their arse handed to them should make them move back towards the centre, but it's just as likely to make them double down on normalising the lunatic fringe hardcore distortions that have seemingly become their baseline, because when you're already at the point where reason doesn't matter, your reactions won't accord to any kind of rational basis either.
  • ubergine 14 Oct 2017 01:59:17 7,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    If we're lucky, nobody is crazy enough to cooperate with this blackmail and the Dems get the chance to fix the flaws in Obamacare come 2020.

That is, if the ACA really hasn't imploded by then... :(
    I don't think people should use the loaded "imploding Obamacare" language as it's playing in to the Trumpublican propoganda machine. There are issues with its long-term sustainability in its initial form, but if it fails any time soon it will not be because of any inherent flaws but because of Trumpublican sabotage.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2017 06:36:52 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, from what I've heard, one of its chief flaws is that it *is* susceptible to sabotage, ie. the subsidies needed to keep it afloat rely on executive orders.

Which is fine if you've got a willing executive, but if you don't you're pretty fucked.
  • Page

of 791 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.