Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 784

  • Page

    of 791 First / Last

  • Rodney 12 Oct 2017 13:20:36 3,247 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    To be fair, belief or observance of Catholicism is not a defining trait of most Catholics - and they are all the better for it.
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Oct 2017 13:20:50 232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    #compassion

    "Puerto Rico survived the Hurricanes, now a financial crisis looms largely of their own making." says Sharyl Attkisson. A total lack of.....

    ...accountability say the Governor. Electric and all infrastructure was disaster before hurricanes. Congress to decide how much to spend....

    ...We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!
  • brokenkey 12 Oct 2017 13:20:54 9,006 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Gay Catholic. What an oxymoron.
    Read the bible - its fine if you do it standing up.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Oct 2017 13:42:20 10,298 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Catholic church is by far the most progressive. Still the only church not to discriminate against paedophiles.
  • Psychotext 12 Oct 2017 13:43:48 61,813 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    #compassion
    There are very few people the world would be clearly better off without.

    He's one of them. Not a single thing of value will be lost when he dies.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Oct 2017 14:53:57 16,147 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Gay Catholic. What an oxymoron.
    Why is it? There's all sorts of stupid rules in the Bible that a lot of Christians don't follow to the letter. Because they think that they're not relevant, or that they're superseded by more important rules.

    Or maybe certain parts of the religion speak to them, despite the flaws in other parts of the religion. Or maybe they think that their presence can help change the religion for the better. Etc, etc.

    People are complicated. Even religious people.
  • RobAnybody 12 Oct 2017 15:00:56 1,485 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    What are the odds on Trump uttering the words untermensch and ubermensch during his tenure as president?
    I doubt if he could even articulate such words, let alone understand their meaning.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 15:04:30 2,529 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Gay Catholic. What an oxymoron.
    Why is it? There's all sorts of stupid rules in the Bible that a lot of Christians don't follow to the letter. Because they think that they're not relevant, or that they're superseded by more important rules.

    Or maybe certain parts of the religion speak to them, despite the flaws in other parts of the religion. Or maybe they think that their presence can help change the religion for the better. Etc, etc.

    People are complicated. Even religious people.
    Mainly because Catholicism has sin and repentance as it's USP, and many theologies of christianity class homosexuality as a sin. I understand that people find solace in organised religion for a myriad of different reasons. It poses an intriguing question that asks can you pick and choose certain aspect of that religion that you agree with, discard the others and still be classed as a follower. I don't follow any religion but I find it pretty interesting.
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 Oct 2017 15:09:51 5,055 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Cleansing of Women
    28'When she becomes clean from her discharge, she shall count off for herself seven days; and afterward she will be clean. 29Then on the eighth day she shall take for herself two turtledoves or two young pigeons and bring them in to the priest, to the doorway of the tent of meeting. 30'The priest shall offer the one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. So the priest shall make atonement on her behalf before the LORD because of her impure discharge.'


    I might bob down the methodist later and poll the women there to see if this is one they do.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 15:12:35 2,529 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    The Cleansing of Women
    28'When she becomes clean from her discharge, she shall count off for herself seven days; and afterward she will be clean. 29Then on the eighth day she shall take for herself two turtledoves or two young pigeons and bring them in to the priest, to the doorway of the tent of meeting. 30'The priest shall offer the one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. So the priest shall make atonement on her behalf before the LORD because of her impure discharge.'


    I might bob down the methodist later and poll the women there to see if this is one they do.
    Remember to bring round some gary baldies for the vicar!
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Oct 2017 15:15:06 9,821 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    It poses an intriguing question that asks can you pick and choose certain aspect of that religion that you agree with, discard the others and still be classed as a follower. I don't follow any religion but I find it pretty interesting.
    This is basically theology 101. Pretty much every organised religion is somewhat open to interpretation (including Islam despite what many of its followers claim) and as a result there are widely different levels of practise and observance for every faith in existence.
  • mecha-DR 12 Oct 2017 15:47:05 335 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I think buddhism is interestingly unique among religions in saying don't believe anything unless you have experience of it.
  • Cadence 12 Oct 2017 15:55:17 2,052 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    what do they say about maths?
  • L0cky 12 Oct 2017 15:58:57 1,989 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They don't count.
  • LittleSparra 12 Oct 2017 16:23:28 6,786 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mecha-DR wrote:
    I think buddhism is interestingly unique among religions in saying don't believe anything unless you have experience of it.
    Substantively that's easily semantically definable as whatever you like. Christians have 'experience' of God's love.

    Edited by LittleSparra at 16:23:38 12-10-2017
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 16:37:11 2,529 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    From the year I've had God either does not exist or is a sadistic bastard as I definitely have not 'experienced' his love. Donald Trump seems to have been basking in it all his life.
  • Skirlasvoud 12 Oct 2017 16:52:06 2,799 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I find my own atheism oddly comforting, even if it does make me a pessemist.

    Whenever something crappy happens, I simply go "Yup. Such is life."

    I wouldn't be able to stand knowing there's some big guy upstairs whose to blame for all of this. I'd have to wrack my brain trying to interpret what he means be all of it. It'd be exhausting. I'd end up hating him.


    I'm not much for Buddhism either. For as far as I can tell, we're all evolutionary constructs, here by accident and here to eat, shit, have sex and die. All of our instincts to focus on the "here and now" and our goal is to squeeze everything we can out of life, thinly restrained by certain rules that keep us in check out of self-preservation.
    I'll let go of my earthly desires when I die. There's little difference between Buddhism and Death in that regard.


    If I do have a god, it's art and existential absurdism as described by Albert Camus. I'm into flipping the pointlessness of existence the bird by doing things that are completely impractical.

    "We have art in order not to die of the Truth."
    - Nietzsche
  • Duffking 12 Oct 2017 17:15:33 14,723 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Supposedly Republicans are waiting to try and get their tax reforms through before starting impeachment...
  • mecha-DR 12 Oct 2017 17:33:14 335 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    I'm not much for Buddhism either. For as far as I can tell, we're all evolutionary constructs, here by accident and here to eat, shit, have sex and die. All of our instincts to focus on the "here and now" and our goal is to squeeze everything we can out of life, thinly restrained by certain rules that keep us in check out of self-preservation.
    I'll let go of my earthly desires when I die. There's little difference between Buddhism and Death in that regard.

    Life is suffering - yeah it is oddly pessimistic, although largely true. I guess they mean material life is rubbish and you should seek a spiritual life, or some shit like that.
  • Skirlasvoud 12 Oct 2017 17:49:33 2,799 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    Supposedly Republicans are waiting to try and get their tax reforms through before starting impeachment...
    Oh I hope so. I'm encouraged by how many Republican Senators are starting to speak out against him.

    Bob corker is calling him an adult baby.
    The Oklahoma Senator has just rapped his knuckles for attacking the 1st amendment.
  • Tuffty 12 Oct 2017 18:26:14 3,991 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    Duffking wrote:
    Supposedly Republicans are waiting to try and get their tax reforms through before starting impeachment...
    Oh I hope so. I'm encouraged by how many Republican Senators are starting to speak out against him.

    Bob corker is calling him an adult baby.
    The Oklahoma Senator has just rapped his knuckles for attacking the 1st amendment.
    They would have an almighty headache on their hands if they tried to remove him. The voters voted for Trump specifically, there would be further protest from Trumps voters if the Republicans become complicit or apathetic over Trumps impeachment.

    But they supported him and enabled this giant cluster fuck so fuck em.

    Edited by Tuffty at 18:26:49 12-10-2017
  • Khanivor 12 Oct 2017 18:48:15 43,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    Supposedly Republicans are waiting to try and get their tax reforms through before starting impeachment...
    Wishful thinking. On both parts.
  • Daryoon 12 Oct 2017 19:17:32 5,867 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    Supposedly Republicans are waiting to try and get their tax reforms through before the nuclear holocaust...
  • Jono62 12 Oct 2017 19:39:07 18,238 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trump being a cunt again

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41598616
  • mad_caddy 12 Oct 2017 20:03:06 3,362 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I genuinely look forward to the day this thread and the celebrity death thread have the same exact post about this cunt in it.

    I'm hoping it's within a few months.
  • Dougs 12 Oct 2017 20:04:06 83,515 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    He is such a wanker
  • Dougs 12 Oct 2017 20:11:50 83,515 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    And another thing... How many of the responses to his tweets or anti-Trump stuff are returned bots? I'm struggling to get my head around most being real.
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 Oct 2017 20:28:40 5,055 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mad_caddy wrote:
    I genuinely look forward to the day this thread and the celebrity death thread have the same exact post about this cunt in it.

    I'm hoping it's within a few months.
    Amen.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Oct 2017 20:45:58 2,529 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Him having a stroke would be almost as good.
  • Jono62 12 Oct 2017 20:49:12 18,238 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He has a stroke everyday over Ivanka.
  • Page

    of 791 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.