Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Skirlasvoud wrote:
    ZombinLaden
    Netflix series right there.
  • Jono62 5 Sep 2017 19:57:27 18,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He's angry that a black man made fun of him.
  • MrTomFTW Best Moderator, 2016 6 Sep 2017 09:43:00 47,196 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Looks like the GOP may ease up a tiny bit on the DACA repeal if congress agrees to give a down payment on the wall.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/04/trump-congress-dreamers-daca-242310

In other words, they'll be a little less racist now in return for being allowed to be fully racist in the near future.
  • Jono62 6 Sep 2017 09:51:46 18,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some Republicans are in the Jacob Rees-Mog levels of cuntery. They really have no clue what it like in the 'real' world.
  • Skirlasvoud 6 Sep 2017 11:42:40 2,940 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Appears like the style of governance I'd have expected of Trump:

Baby threatening to throw everyone's toys out of the pram.

By the end of the four years, he'll be threatening to nuke california in exchange for a full pardon, a million dollars, a fuelled helicoptor and changing the name of the ACA to Trumpcare.

Edited by Skirlasvoud at 11:43:22 06-09-2017
  • Skirlasvoud 7 Sep 2017 15:19:25 2,940 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The master dealer and master negotiator has caved in the first round of bargaining on the debt ceiling.

Republicans usually use the debt ceiling to get what they want. They're anti-spending, usually refuse to do so and use the event to haggle with the Democrats. Trump caved to the Democrats in record time and took away all their aces in the sleeve.

This bill does come with immediate hurricane relief, so the GOP won't be using human tragedy as a leverage. This might genuinly be the best thing Trump has done so far.

Edited by Skirlasvoud at 15:22:51 07-09-2017
  • ubergine 7 Sep 2017 15:28:41 7,476 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Republicans only threaten to close the government when the President is Democrat. We can only dream that they'd pull funding from their own train-wreck of a government.
  • Jono62 8 Sep 2017 16:01:21 18,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh look, another Obama thing that they want to change

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41193001
  • ubergine 11 Sep 2017 15:23:11 7,476 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No one has posted in this thread for three days, and it's fallen off the front page for the first time this year I think. These hurricanes have finally shut him up?
  • You-can-call-me-kal 11 Sep 2017 15:26:23 9,889 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    His post about windmills being worse than climate change for killing eagles was properly weird.
  • Skirlasvoud 11 Sep 2017 15:27:32 2,940 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hurricanes tend to suck up a lot of hot air. Trump might have ran out.

More likely, nothing much unexpected has happened really. Trump's still an asshole and the "Russiar" investigation is ongoing in glacial pace.

Might also be because Trump did something right for once and we don't want to give him too much positive reinforcement.
  • Tonka 11 Sep 2017 19:07:38 26,479 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    His post about windmills being worse than climate change for killing eagles was properly weird.
    Huh? That means he acknowledged climate change for the first time as something other than a Chinese hoax.
  • Khanivor 12 Sep 2017 21:47:45 43,361 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm giving 3-1 she'll make it to 2018.Based solely on a characteristic that appeals to Trump.

Either that or said characteristic will mean he can't handle the first public disagreement and hence she'll be gone before Halloween.
  • Psychotext 13 Sep 2017 08:40:07 62,015 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lamb to the slaughter.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Sep 2017 09:30:38 9,889 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I was reading an interesting article about why HBO are ending Veep. It was essentially that Trump has made the programme redundant as real American politics has become more ridiculous than the show satirising it.
  • nickthegun 13 Sep 2017 09:35:22 71,913 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Iannucci has been saying that for a little while, but its true. The south park guys said the same thing, too. Theres no point doing trump episodes because hes already a parody.

If you read the same article as I did, it also made the point of Trump launching a generation of mediocre comedians who would never have done anything without being gifted material.
  • PazJohnMitch 13 Sep 2017 09:51:50 12,989 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    I'm giving 3-1 she'll make it to 2018.Based solely on a characteristic that appeals to Trump.

Either that or said characteristic will mean he can't handle the first public disagreement and hence she'll be gone before Halloween.
    Depends on whether she objects to sexual assault or not.

No way the dirty old Orange man will be able to contain himself.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Sep 2017 09:54:28 9,889 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Iannucci has been saying that for a little while, but its true. The south park guys said the same thing, too. Theres no point doing trump episodes because hes already a parody.

If you read the same article as I did, it also made the point of Trump launching a generation of mediocre comedians who would never have done anything without being gifted material.
    It's also completely rejuvenated SNL, which was bordering on irrelevant but is now apparently back to must-watch TV.

I'm surprised we haven't seen the return of proper political satire here. When politics goes nuts you usually at least get some proper commentary on it. Aside from HIGNFY which is relatively weak sauce, there's nothing really. We need Spitting Image back.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Sep 2017 10:10:10 16,334 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm sure South Park could find a way. Although I understand the reasoning, feels like a bit of a cop-out for them to be quitting political commentary now of all times. Particularly as they've been so influential in the past.
  • nickthegun 13 Sep 2017 10:18:50 71,913 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I suppose the worry would be that it would be 'the simpsons did it' all over again. What can they say that everyone else isnt?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 13 Sep 2017 10:32:39 30,728 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm surprised we haven't seen the return of proper political satire here. When politics goes nuts you usually at least get some proper commentary on it. Aside from HIGNFY which is relatively weak sauce, there's nothing really. We need Spitting Image back.
    Yeah, the state of political satire in this country is pathetic.

I watched the first episode of The Mash Report a while back and that seemed disappointingly poor.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Sep 2017 11:23:43 3,362 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Yeah, the state of political satire in this country is pathetic.

I watched the first episode of The Mash Report a while back and that seemed disappointingly poor.
    Yeah it's really strange, our political satire is absolutely woeful, things seem have regressed to safe shows such as Mrs Brown. I also concur about the Mash Report nothing about it screamed watchable. It's pretty much seems that in satire terms the royal family and the government seem to be immune writ by and large.
  • Mfolf 13 Sep 2017 11:27:20 1,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I'm sure South Park could find a way. Although I understand the reasoning, feels like a bit of a cop-out for them to be quitting political commentary now of all times. Particularly as they've been so influential in the past.
    The point is they could, but it is beneath them. Low hanging fruit etc.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Sep 2017 11:40:20 16,334 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mfolf wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    The point is they could, but it is beneath them. Low hanging fruit etc.
    I dunno, that's never really stopped them before. Neither has the possibility of saying something unoriginal/not-really-well-thought-through (they have to write these things in a week, after all).

It just seems weird to me that we've experienced possibly the greatest political upheaval in years, and America's premier satirists suddenly throw up their hands and say "well, we can't really do anything useful with this". I wouldn't say they have a *responsibility* to (though I've read many a think piece that links alt-righters to kids who grew up watching and absorbing South Park). But really, this is not the time to stop, even if it's hard (or easy).
  • Tonka 13 Sep 2017 11:47:54 26,479 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Have you guys seen the Bannon interview from CBS 60 minutes? I've only seen Trevor Noahs pisstaking of choice bits but those were pretty scary to be honest.

He seems like a really despicable person.
  • Jono62 13 Sep 2017 11:56:54 18,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:

There was touching. There was groping. There was leering. There was drooling. On both sides. Many, many sides.
  • JamboWayOh 13 Sep 2017 13:56:44 3,362 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Have you guys seen the Bannon interview from CBS 60 minutes? I've only seen Trevor Noahs pisstaking of choice bits but those were pretty scary to be honest.

He seems like a really despicable person.
    I don't trust anyone who wears two button down shirts at the same time.
  • Trowel 13 Sep 2017 14:07:51 21,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:

There was touching. There was groping. There was leering. There was drooling. On both sides. Many, many sides.
    That's just a Monday evening for Ted Cruz.
  • figgis 13 Sep 2017 14:12:01 7,675 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rumours are she's already letting him have a go on her.
  • Page

of 814 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.