Donald Trump, first orange US President Page 724

• Page

of 789 First / Last

• RobAnybody 11 Aug 2017 16:10:42 1,485 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bionic_Pixel wrote:
    Should North Korea fire missiles that land in the waters off of Guam, would that be enough for the US react?
    With Trump in charge? You betcha.

I think Kim Jong-un will give the go-ahead to fire missiles in the coming weeks.

Personally i think the world, especially South Korea are tired of Kim Jong-un. No one wants to see casualties. Maybe the time has come to end Kim Jong-un along with his immediate circle, army, all known missile bases. Then drop millions of leaflets on the people of North Korea explaining the situation, and let South Korea run all Korea.
    That would be problematic too as you'll then have a lot of angry brainwashed North Koreans therefore a huge amount of civil unrest and a new breeding ground for terrorism. Any military action from the US causes problems, some more severe than others.

Seems to me that diplomacy is the only sensible option.

Edited by RobAnybody at 16:11:13 11-08-2017
  • SYS64738 11 Aug 2017 16:32:26 4,509 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't forget the first act NK will perform if attacked is to counterattack the South.

It's gonna end in tears no matter what if it turns into armed conflict.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 11 Aug 2017 16:46:19 10,255 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    http://www.officialmikepence.com/
  • richarddavies 11 Aug 2017 16:50:16 5,979 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    That's actually amazing. Pence would sort out North Korea.
  • RobAnybody 11 Aug 2017 17:44:42 1,485 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SYS64738 wrote:
    Don't forget the first act NK will perform if attacked is to counterattack the South.

It's gonna end in tears no matter what if it turns into armed conflict.
    Correct. Trump's approach is due to him playing to his base (plus for him it's all a nice distraction from the ongoing Mueller investigations).
  • Fab4 11 Aug 2017 19:07:52 8,145 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Worrying signs reported on Conflict news. NK missile movements and emergency standby orders issued.
  • DanB24 11 Aug 2017 20:08:27 5,322 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
  • spamdangled 11 Aug 2017 20:10:43 30,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    It says a lot about how absurd the political climate is in America at the moment that I wasn't sure whether that was a pisstake or serious to start with.
  • El_MUERkO 11 Aug 2017 20:26:44 18,243 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Say North Korea attacks Guam and Trump retaliates, I think the South Koreans would probably already move moving, it'd be a bloodbath but the South would win and a 50 year stalemate with a bunch of nutters trying to make it nuclear would end before those nutters could actually nuke anyone. I'd call that a win in the grander scheme of things.
  • reddevil93 11 Aug 2017 20:28:35 13,723 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How many lives is it worth to get rid of that nut job though?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 11 Aug 2017 20:28:46 30,563 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Sure.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 11 Aug 2017 20:37:17 1,154 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Good question, place is always a threat. Can't help but think a well placed drop would make a difference in this case.
  • Tonka 11 Aug 2017 20:37:21 26,257 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    reddevil93 wrote:
    Trump? Easily the entire east coast.
  • El_MUERkO 11 Aug 2017 20:46:02 18,243 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @reddevil93 Tt's not so much him but the whole regime, whoever comes after his fat ass. They want long range nukes and they'll get there eventually. Should the South Koreans have to live under constant threat of Nuking, how does the world approach dealing with those lunatics when they're armed with nukes?

Also there's all of his own people the regime kill, starve, imprison etc, the 'ceasefire' has been costing North Korean lives every day for the last fifty years.

There's also the possibility the NK army crumbles like the Iraqi Army and the whole thing is over in a week. There's a lot of ifs or buts to a conflict in Korea but the longer the stalemate continues the closer the eventual conflict gets to being a nuclear one. How many lives would we save by not letting that happen?
  • mecha-DR 11 Aug 2017 21:11:12 332 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I can't see how China and Russia, both with land borders with NK, won't get sucked in. That's the terrifying aspect.

Edited by mecha-DR at 21:25:47 11-08-2017
  • mecha-DR 11 Aug 2017 21:22:33 332 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Yep

And whatever random shit Trump says, in contrast China will mean what they say.

Edited by mecha-DR at 21:23:56 11-08-2017
  • El_MUERkO 11 Aug 2017 21:52:33 18,243 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    China have used North Korea to fuck with the Japanese and South Koreans for 50 years, but if a war kicks off they won't jump to North Koreans aide, they're puppets and will be ignored. Likewise the Russians don't give a fuck about North Korea, if Trump goes after North Korea they'll use his distraction to fuck with Europe or Syria/Turkey.
  • mal 11 Aug 2017 22:03:16 28,266 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    mecha-DR wrote:
    And whatever random shit Trump says, in contrast China will mean what they say.
    Unless it's 'sure, we'll enforce our border with North Korea, and stop trade'. Bits close to the border are basically actual parts of China, and I can't see that changing.
  • Rodney 11 Aug 2017 22:51:28 3,247 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha, twitter users are reporting Trump's account for threatening violence against N. Korea
  • DrStrangelove 12 Aug 2017 01:11:33 11,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trump threatens "military option" in Venezuela

“We have many options for Venezuela, this is our neighbor,” Trump added. “We’re all over the world and we have troops all over the world in places that are very very far away, Venezuela is not very far away and the people are suffering and dying. We have many options for Venezuela including a possible military option if necessary.”
    www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/11/donald-trump-venezuela-crisis-military-intervention

Edited by DrStrangelove at 01:12:58 12-08-2017
  • D_arkTrooper 12 Aug 2017 06:42:10 1,457 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    What am I missing here? Did North Korea actually threaten Guam directly with nukes? From what I've read they only said they'd fire missiles into the waters close to Guam which from my understanding isn't actually US territory (the target waters I mean, not Guam itself). The world (unless I'm mistaken) has just immediately taken this to mean a nuclear strike is imminent. Agreed, it's best not to take anything for granted but it seems bizarre for the NKs to even publicly announce to a potential enemy where and when they're going to attack. Why not drop missiles on the top of Guam without warning if it's their purpose to start an armed conflict with the US? It doesn't make sense to me.

To me this sounds like more mind games between North Korea and Trump. Seems they're both goading each other into firing first.

I'm wondering if these supposedly planned mid-August missile launches are simply going to be more "tests" (which are obviously dangerous and provocative under the circumstances) and are maybe looking at seeing if the Americans use their highly experimental but much vaunted THAAD and/or Aegis missile defence systems. If these fail (and there's a high probability they can't take out 4 missiles at once because the technology is new and as yet unproven) and any NK missile gets through and hits the target area (ie the waters 30 odd kilometres away from Guam as already stated) then this would surely be a huge moral victory for North Korea.

Just a thought......

Edited by D_arkTrooper at 06:43:26 12-08-2017

Edited by D_arkTrooper at 06:44:53 12-08-2017
  • Mola_Ram 12 Aug 2017 06:57:10 16,129 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's just posturing. Both sides are interested in appearing strong, but both sides also know that actual fighting would not be in their interest.

But when the tensions are ratcheted up to this extent, one mistake could send everything spiralling out of control. You could have a Dr Strangelove kind of situation, where some idiot intentionally (or accidentally) starts something that can't be de-escalated easily.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 06:58:16 12-08-2017
  • Jono62 12 Aug 2017 08:21:23 18,224 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sassy Trump says so much better

https://youtu.be/fP3q-0buBkE

https://youtu.be/TkTCTieHlzg
  • MrWonderstuff 12 Aug 2017 08:21:55 2,617 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The danger is if NK calls the US bluff and launches missiles which harmlessly a) have no warhead b) drop in International Waters 30km from Guam. Trump will have to react to save face cos he's an insecure brat and all. Then we are all fucked.

Edited by MrWonderstuff at 08:22:29 12-08-2017
  • Jono62 12 Aug 2017 08:26:26 18,224 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    All we have to remember is What Would Obama Do as Trump is going to do the opposite.
  • Tonka 12 Aug 2017 09:12:10 26,257 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It wouldn't have gone this far with Obama.

If NK launched a harmless missile from their sub I'm worried that the manchild in the White House will feel the need to one up him.

And on and on
  • mecha-DR 12 Aug 2017 09:22:57 332 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    D_arkTrooper wrote:
    What am I missing here? Did North Korea actually threaten Guam directly with nukes? From what I've read they only said they'd fire missiles into the waters close to Guam which from my understanding isn't actually US territory (the target waters I mean, not Guam itself). The world (unless I'm mistaken) has just immediately taken this to mean a nuclear strike is imminent. Agreed, it's best not to take anything for granted but it seems bizarre for the NKs to even publicly announce to a potential enemy where and when they're going to attack. Why not drop missiles on the top of Guam without warning if it's their purpose to start an armed conflict with the US? It doesn't make sense to me.
    America don't regard themselves as a country, they act more like an empire. International laws and norms are what other countries have to abide by.
  • DrStrangelove 12 Aug 2017 10:31:39 11,017 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:

You could have a Dr Strangelove kind of situation
    And believe me, you don't want that
  • Tuffty 12 Aug 2017 12:51:14 3,989 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    All we have to remember is What Would Obama Do as Trump is going to do the opposite.
    It's kind of crazy how fixated Trump is on Obama.

"President Trump what should we do about this bill to kill every baby in the country? "
    "What did Obama think?"
    "Well he was against it"
    "Sign me up and bring me a gun"
  • Page

of 789 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.