New Danganronpa 3 Page 2

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• FrostPan 18 Jun 2017 23:33:01 1,365 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Getting it on Vita when it comes out. Loved the second too much to the point I can't bear delaying it further from playing it. Looks excellent.
  • Flying_Pig 19 Jun 2017 07:42:44 15,419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Can't wait!
  • Humperfunk 19 Jun 2017 08:33:11 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @FrostPan yeah I am wondering about any cross play ability, would genuinely pick up both if so. Still got my Vita preorder so will decide closer to the time.

May even start 2 today...
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 19 Jun 2017 10:47:46 2,659 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I want it in Vita for the handheld aspect but recall hearing it suffers a little in the sound department (and like UDG I suspect the Japanese voice track will have to be downloaded). The fact that only the PS4 version gets the artbook with preorders saddens me as I don't need the fat LE (Persona 5s was big enough with the bag I will never look at or use) So far not preordered either version yet.
  • Humperfunk 19 Jun 2017 14:41:13 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Decided to start 2 earlier today in prep for this beast, bosh!
  • FrostPan 20 Jun 2017 22:53:16 1,365 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Decided to start 2 earlier today in prep for this beast, bosh!

Monokuma approves. Even with this current weather.

One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    I want it in Vita for the handheld aspect but recall hearing it suffers a little in the sound department (and like UDG I suspect the Japanese voice track will have to be downloaded). The fact that only the PS4 version gets the artbook with preorders saddens me as I don't need the fat LE (Persona 5s was big enough with the bag I will never look at or use) So far not preordered either version yet.
    Yeah, I've been browsing shopping sites for potential preorders. Really sucks that it is indeed the case. A bit shit if you ask me considering the series history starting off on the portable platform. Physical Vita copies are already empty as they are.
  • Flying_Pig 29 Aug 2017 12:56:05 15,419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone tried the demo yet? I'm inclined to wait for the full game, but would be interested to know how it compares with the first 2...
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 29 Aug 2017 21:17:03 2,659 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Not tried the English demo yet but it is separate from the main game so shouldn't be repeated or spoilery. Nor canon obviously ;)
  • Humperfunk 29 Aug 2017 21:20:34 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx yeah same as the D1 demo apparently where they killed off someone completely random going as far as killing off the same character in this demo as well!

Did not know there was a demo out yet, thanks FP!

After replaying 1 and 2 recently on PS4, defo going for that version this time. Looks amazing.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 29 Aug 2017 22:26:03 2,659 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Couldn't see the demo on Vita's crappy storefront.

I never did play the Danganronpa 1 demo but do mean to dig it out some time as I gather it has been fan translated.

I went with the handheld Vita preorder in the end as I don't have any PS4 versions yet. Also, I imagine having more time to play on Vita. Need to finish off Tokyo Xanadu first...

On another note I see the US is getting bluray/dvds of the recentish Danganronpa 3 arcs but nothing for our region...
  • FrostPan 29 Aug 2017 22:35:40 1,365 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Supposedly the audio quality on the Vita demo is not up to scratch due to cart memory constraints. If that's the case I hope they release a patch by the time the Vita version releases. Happy the game will support PSTV like 2 and Ultra Despair Girls did.

I still have UDG to play and the Danganronpa 3 anime to watch, so I doubt I will get V3 on release unfortunately.
  • Humperfunk 29 Aug 2017 22:37:32 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Playing the demo now, first impression is the comfort of that opening song. Love this series so much.

Right off we go!
  • Humperfunk 29 Aug 2017 23:55:39 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That was excellent.

Only story spoilers are brief introductions to characters, the trial etc believe me will have nothing to do with the game.

It's basically more of the same but polished to fuck and improved interfaces as you can expect from a game designed years after the original two. Had a quick go on the new trial games too which seem alright and will take some getting used to.

Soundtrack absolutely superb as ever - a few slightly remixed ones of the classics and the new songs fit in perfectly. Much like Nier and Persona, such distinctive soundtracks that when you hear them you know the exact vibe of the game.

Also when you finish the demo, it let's you save for a bonus in the full game.

Can't wait!
  • Flying_Pig 30 Aug 2017 09:53:22 15,419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    OK, I'll download it tonight :)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 30 Aug 2017 10:18:21 2,659 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FrostPan wrote:
    Supposedly the audio quality on the Vita demo is not up to scratch due to cart memory constraints. If that's the case I hope they release a patch by the time the Vita version releases. Happy the game will support PSTV like 2 and Ultra Despair Girls did.

I still have UDG to play and the Danganronpa 3 anime to watch, so I doubt I will get V3 on release unfortunately.
    I am pretty sure that it got an audio patch in Japan but we might need two here if we want the Japanese OST which I imagine will be free DLC like UDG. It is a pity that Vita carts seem to have such a low maximum limit (whether through choice or cost). I will probably get the PS4 versions if all 3 eventually though.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 30 Aug 2017 18:47:57 2,659 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Played through PS4 demo and as long as sound issues are sorted definitely think this will suit Vita more. The art didn't look too sharp. Going to try the Vita demo now as it says the save unlocks something and that is the version I am getting. First impressions of a lot of the characters aren't great so far but I will give them a chance in the full game. I will have to bave anlther look at the Japanese demo to satiate my curiosity about two of the characters translation styles...
  • Humperfunk 30 Aug 2017 19:14:11 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Let me know how the sound is - i'm torn between which version to get!
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 31 Aug 2017 01:16:04 2,659 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Went through the Vita demo too (which seemed hard to find on Vita store) and it definitely looks more athome on Vita although the Japanese voices did sound a little off (but being a dual language demo they may have made some quality cuts for demo size). I feel better that I chose the Vita version as it definitely looks nicer there (OLED) than PS4 where the art didn't look as sharp. Still sucks that only the PS4 preorders get the artbook this time around.

I haven't bothered listening to the English dub yet as I didn't like the firat game's dub when I went back to it on trophy hunting attempts... Apparently has many returning voice actora from earlier English dubs in the series.
  • Humperfunk 31 Aug 2017 01:28:02 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Very interesting...I loved playing the first two on PS4 but really is a classic Vita series at heart for me...

Think the sensible thing will be for me to play the Vita demo too! But am starting to lean towards it.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 31 Aug 2017 01:44:16 2,659 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Humperfunk wrote:
    Very interesting...I loved playing the first two on PS4 but really is a classic Vita series at heart for me...

Think the sensible thing will be for me to play the Vita demo too! But am starting to lean towards it.
    I atill enjoyed the demo on PS4 but it felt 'wrong' and I thought the art didn't look as sharp as I expected. I may still get the set on PS4one day.... This, along with my SciAdv games are series where I usually start on day 1, stopping whatever I am playing, until I finish them. Not ordered Chaos;Child yet though...
  • Humperfunk 31 Aug 2017 02:07:28 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx did you see today that Chaos Child has been delayed? Shopto have it as 13th October now although they could be doing what they did with SG0 and just bump it back a month at a time until a concrete date is set...
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 31 Aug 2017 09:39:12 2,659 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Humperfunk as Rice Digital haven't posted an actual date I have assumed all dates are placeholders for C;C. If anyone know it will be them you would think with being owned by PQube...
  • Humperfunk 31 Aug 2017 19:39:18 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmmm, playing the Vita demo and now leaning back to PS4, the sound on the voices is absolutely dreadful. Even turned it up to max and they still sound underwater or smothered with a pillow.
  • Humperfunk 31 Aug 2017 19:43:01 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also I assume it's just an issue with the demo but every three or four times it moves between people the screen looks like it's buffering, like I am streaming the game...which is hugely off putting with the low quality voices.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 1 Sep 2017 00:44:04 2,659 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had one minor graphical glitch but I was speeding through the text at the time. Sound wasn't the best but hopefully we will get the sound patch Japan did. I imagine for the Japanese that will be the only option and it will be like UDG. Its a pity Sony only allow 4GB Vita carts. (I assume that is the issue)
  • Humperfunk 1 Sep 2017 10:02:20 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah real shame. Going to ponder on it for another couple of weeks in the run up to release and hopefully some word on a sound patch.

Otherwise think I may go digital on PS4 and get from the US store a few days ahead of release.
  • Flying_Pig 5 Sep 2017 09:54:05 15,419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I started playing the demo last night and have just started the trial section - looks good so far, although as has been mentioned above, the voices sound awful - just really muffled. Hopefully that'll be fixed for the full release.

Otherwise, the characters look suitably bonkers and I like the fact that this demo isn't just the first part of the main game, with lots of in-game references to the fact it's a demo and the it's the second time the victim's died :)

I'm definitely on for this at the end of the month!
  • Humperfunk 5 Sep 2017 11:17:46 6,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah think it was a great teaser demo and as you say, as it's completely separate it gives absolutely nothing away (other than of course the characters themselves but it's simply an intro), proper fourth wall breaking stuff in the scene after the credits :D

I've gone and pre-ordered it off the US PSN store for PS4 so three weeks today...!
  • Page

of 5 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.