Project Cars 2 Page 3

• Page

of 9 First / Last

• azurelas_2 23 Jun 2015 09:19:29 1,761 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @reviewer It was a tongue-in-cheek comment, but please continue to take me seriously.
  • reviewer 23 Jun 2015 09:20:29 4,787 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @MrMattAdz

Half the GT games, Forza 1 and 2, PGR 1-4 were all accused of the same by some, most of the codemasters games, Assetto Corsa was for ages. That's just those that immediately come to mind.
  • MrMattAdz 23 Jun 2015 09:37:25 3,671 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    reviewer wrote:
    @MrMattAdz

Half the GT games, Forza 1 and 2, PGR 1-4 were all accused of the same by some, most of the codemasters games, Assetto Corsa was for ages. That's just those that immediately come to mind.
    I've played most of those games and believe me none of them come close to the bug fest that is project cars. We're talking assassins creed unity bad, and its not even obscure stuff that is broken. Pitting your car in this game is pretty much guaranteed to ruin your race, a.i cars still don't react properly to changing weather conditions, replays have a complete lack of information on stuff such as your position, what lap you're on, it even changes what cars your opponents are driving.

There is not one thing is this game that I can honestly say is finished. Not one. Play any game mode and you will witness a game breaking bug. As I said before, even if there are games which launched in a worst state, it doesn't excuse project cars.

Looking at how much bullshit you're willing to ignore I'm guessing that you must be a backer of project cars, either that or you've just not played it.
  • reviewer 23 Jun 2015 09:56:28 4,787 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nope, not a backer and have played enough of it but possibly less than you so any bugs just haven't bothered me.
  • the_milkybar_kid 23 Jun 2015 10:01:15 6,175 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No practices in the video game industry surprises me anymore. Nor should cuntish practices like SMS have pulled be tolerated.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2015 10:06:11
    reviewer wrote:
    Nope, not a backer and have played enough of it but possibly less than you so any bugs just haven't bothered me.
    You've played enough to use the pits though or race against the AI in the wet?
  • SolidSCB 23 Jun 2015 10:09:15 9,969 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone who hasn't experienced any bugs is either a backer or just plays 3 lap races in fixed conditions. That old 'maybe I'm just lucky' get out clause isn't going to rub, the shit that is broken is broken pretty fundamentally.
  • SegaBlueSky 23 Jun 2015 10:32:40 2 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They want to crowdfund again yet need a minimum investment of Ł50 to get the game? Bizarre. Anyone know what kind of deal they actually have with Namco/Bandai? pCars was massively successful so surely it would be in their interests to fund the sequel?

Bad timing for the announcement too, just after a Steam sale and really still in the very early days of pCars support. I bought my copy about 2 weeks ago and haven't clicked with it at all - giving it another 2 weeks to see if I get on better with it but either way I'm definitely preferring Driveclub at the mo and won't be putting any money behind this.

This approach (rightly or wrongly) gives the impression that SMS are trying to punch well above their weight, producing a 'AAA' game without nearly enough resources to do it themselves. The first game I can understand being Crowdfunded but to ask again (and so soon) for another one is a very strange move - one I don't think I can support.

Edited by SegaBlueSky at 10:33:35 23-06-2015
  • SennaCujo 23 Jun 2015 13:14:02 267 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Anyone who hasn't experienced any bugs is either a backer or just plays 3 lap races in fixed conditions. That old 'maybe I'm just lucky' get out clause isn't going to rub, the shit that is broken is broken pretty fundamentally.
    This comment just sums up this forum. And some of you criticise the official forum.
    Just because you have experienced bugs doesn't mean we all have.
    I think we are all gamers on here and should feel free to comment on our experiences of the game without abuse from the same few people on here.
    I have only experienced the sound bug once and the drive bug twice( both quite awhile ago now)
    And yes I have raced career pitted and raced in the wet! I don't alter car setups I just race and have really enjoyed the game. I do career 100 % , single races, and online. I have raced in changeable conditions, and have pitted.
    The pad on the PS4 was not set up right, so used Maturin's set up and haven't looked back.
    A lot of people I have talked to online are loving this game too, yet on here you would think SMS have sent out empty boxes smeared with fox excrement inside!
    It doesn't add up to me. I've never known a game before that i liked so much , and was hated by an equal amount on a forum! God knows what some on here said about Codemasters F1 2013!
    I like the game and have not come across the bugs some have had on here, so what am I supposed to say?
  • SomaticSense 23 Jun 2015 13:30:27 15,110 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    reviewer wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Given the context, I don't think a hastily worded official statement that the first game's development won't be impacted means a hell of a lot. Benefit of the doubt, sure, but I don't feel they deserve that yet, at least from my end.
    They've done this.
    I know. I'm saying it means jack shit given their oft-times proven inability to adhere to a promise even in a more formal matter. A hasty tweet to placate concerns amounts to nothing.
  • SomaticSense 23 Jun 2015 13:33:50 15,110 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    reviewer wrote:
    You've played enough to use the pits though or race against the AI in the wet?
    Or had any races using rolling starts? Or not ran out of fuel because of the UI neglecting to tell you anywhere how much fuel you might need, instead defaulting to the 5 lap setup you used previously?
  • MrMattAdz 23 Jun 2015 13:39:20 3,671 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe people complain in this forum because they can do so without getting banned from it.

I can't comprehend how other people can't be getting bugs, if I had one or two since the game came out that would be understandable, but I've had probably nearly 1 for every time I've played the game.

That's why people get pissed off senna, you keep telling us that you haven't had any bugs and basically try selling us a second copy of the game with every post you make. You sound like a shill ignoring every negative in the game (including non bug related issues) and refuse to acknowledge that if 90% of people on this forum are complaining about the game not being finished then maybe the game isn't finished.

It's possible to both enjoy a game but still acknowledge and discuss the negatives of that game. If you read the posts where people are complaining about the bugs you'll usually see a sentence or two describing a brilliant race that was ruined at the last minute by a broken pit stop or weather transition.

Had this game been released finished and well polished, it would be very very easy for me to recommend this game, but between the bugs, crap u.i, poor basic mechanics, and the developers themselves, I would probably tell most people not to bother.

Edited by MrMattAdz at 14:03:03 23-06-2015
  • killersrquiet 23 Jun 2015 13:57:52 3,158 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @sennacujo

The game is littered with bugs, having the blinkers on won't win you any fans here. Yes the game is fun, its also full of problems that shouldn't exist by this time

Edited by killersrquiet at 14:15:59 23-06-2015
  • SolidSCB 23 Jun 2015 14:27:57 9,969 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He's a complete bullshit artist and a shill. The mods on this forum should take a leaf out of their book and nip him in the bud. He's a tiny step above the fucking kitchen salesmen and Koreans. Maybe it says more about us that he's freely allowed to peddle his lies here when we aren't even allowed to query genuine issues the game has without being banned over there, but whatever.

Anyone who claims they haven't had bugs in Project Cars is a bullshitter, objective fact. That is not arguable. It isn't possible to play the game without running into the issues that have been mentioned on the other thread, they are fundamentally ingrained into the game in its current iteration. It is not possible to 'get lucky' and miss these things, they are just there, and can be repeated with 100% accuracy.
  • Juz 23 Jun 2015 14:36:41 3,123 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    He's a complete bullshit artist and a shill. The mods on this forum should take a leaf out of their book and nip him in the bud. He's a tiny step above the fucking kitchen salesmen and Koreans. Maybe it says more about us that he's freely allowed to peddle his lies here when we aren't even allowed to query genuine issues the game has without being banned over there, but whatever.

Anyone who claims they haven't had bugs in Project Cars is a bullshitter, objective fact. That is not arguable. It isn't possible to play the game without running into the issues that have been mentioned on the other thread, they are fundamentally ingrained into the game in its current iteration. It is not possible to 'get lucky' and miss these things, they are just there, and can be repeated with 100% accuracy.
    Yeah, agreed.

I so wanna love this game, but it really is in nearly every single race that I encounter an existing bug I knew about or a whole new one, or just a bit of generally shitty, off-putting malarky.

I never really encountered bugs in nearly 300 hours on Skyrim, but I wasn't some sort of blind, denying fool decrying anyone who did encounter bugs as being an over-reacting malcontent.

Hate to say it Senna - but if you ain't a backer you're doing a damn fine job of impersonating one.

To repeat: these ain't just niggling graphical glitches - they're a whole slew of actual, honest-to-goodness hair-tearing, game-ruining basic issues that LOTS of people are encountering, and for that I think it's pretty reasonable to come onto a gaming forum and have a bit of a whine.
  • Juz 23 Jun 2015 14:38:07 3,123 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PurpleShurple wrote:
    The weathers a bit fucked but everything else people are moaning about I haven't had a problem with. People behaving like the developers have just pored a bucket of AIDS into their anus because they've announced their developing a sequel is getting a bit weird.
    /checks AIDS storage facility.

Some IS missing!
  • reviewer 23 Jun 2015 14:39:10 4,787 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm sure there are issues, most of my time has been on time trials rather than racing so I've either forgotten or not cared about bugs there.

Out of interest, why would a backer automatically be defensive of the game?
  • Juz 23 Jun 2015 14:39:59 3,123 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    reviewer wrote:
    I'm sure there are issues, most of my time has been on time trials rather than racing so I've either forgotten or not cared about bugs there.

Because they have buckets of AIDS that need using up.
  • reviewer 23 Jun 2015 14:41:11 4,787 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Do they get a cut of profits/free blowjobs?
  • Juz 23 Jun 2015 14:42:47 3,123 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    reviewer wrote:
    Do they get a cut of profits/free blowjobs?
    Woah...hold on. Nobody mentioned free BJ's in the crowdfunding packages.

That would be the one above "Platinum." "Pearl" presumably.
  • MrMattAdz 23 Jun 2015 14:45:19 3,671 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    reviewer wrote:

For starters they get a percentage of the sales profits. It's also in their interest to hype project cars 2 as more money put into the pot from crowd funding should in theory result in a bigger and better end result.
  • SolidSCB 23 Jun 2015 14:46:51 9,969 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Backers of a certain level get a cut of the profits, hence the official forums being a poisonous cesspool of heavily censored positivity. Obviously one of them has filtered over here, too. Trying to market the game in his own special little way.
  • SennaCujo 23 Jun 2015 15:36:43 267 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So anyone posting on this thread who likes the game and hasn't come across YET a game changing bug is a shill crowdfunder and LIAR ????
  • SennaCujo 23 Jun 2015 15:37:34 267 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:

I honestly feel sorry for your wife/girlfriend mate.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2015 15:54:46
    SennaCujo wrote:
    So anyone posting on this thread who likes the game and hasn't come across YET a game changing bug is a shill crowdfunder and LIAR ????
    This is OUTRAGEOUS!
  • y2rich 23 Jun 2015 16:00:39 3,165 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I feel like between us we need to collate a full list of the issues/bugs/poor game design we've encountered with the game across the platforms
  • Nitrous 23 Jun 2015 16:05:55 1,553 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I see people talking about bugs but what bugs are being referenced and how does someone like senna replicate them or anyone else for that matter actually?

Each version sounds like it has issues. I'm playing the PS4 version and since the last patch I've come across the following:

Headlights being on in a replay when I've turned them off or viseversa... Id have to double check it.
    A pit notification online on a point to point race which was really odd but didn't change the results.
    A track day event that seemed to have a mandatory pit which the A.I ignored. That was annoying!
    The track in Dubai, lights missing round the track so if you decided to run a night race online in the rookies you can't see where you going unless that's how the track is in real life?

On the issue of running out of fuel. Each car drinks a different amount, set it to 20 litres, do 5 laps and if you have 15 litres left you know you need at least 1 litre per lap minimum in the race. Ideally this should show up in telemetry data but unfortunately it doesn't.
  • KRadiation 23 Jun 2015 16:07:28 1,229 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SennaCujo wrote:
    That's a pretty disgusting comeback.
  • Juz 23 Jun 2015 16:11:34 3,123 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    KRadiation wrote:
    SennaCujo wrote:
    That's a pretty disgusting comeback.
    Maybe he means if she bought it for him as a present, and it's got loads of bugs and she feels all guilty and stuff?

Or he's just trying to somehow equate someone rightfully having a bit of a moan about something they've paid for not working properly with being a bit of a cunt to his missus?

Or maybe that he moans at his missus every time she doesn't do what she said she'd do when they first met (speaking as someone with an ex-wife, this is quite possible from my experience).
  • Page

of 9 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.