Project Cars 2 Page 2

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Nitrous 22 Jun 2015 21:47:16 1,506 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Maybe it's too early to judge whether they'll can any progress for the first, but surely they can see how this looks from the outside. If they do halt the ongoing production of PCars 1, leaving it in the state it's in, then that'll be an insult to anyone who gave them money, be it Kickstarter or from buying the game at retail.
    I think that's the key, if they don't support the current game that's going to leave more people a little annoyed unless your on the official forum then nothing is wrong ;)
  • Keyb0ardasaurus 22 Jun 2015 21:48:02 1,720 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave All in the timing, at least wait until the current game is fixed before announcing let alone asking for more fucking money.

Not having a go just saying.
  • Keyb0ardasaurus 22 Jun 2015 22:02:24 1,720 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Reading that thread on the forum, that Ian Bell guy is starting to call out anyone who even fucking likes a complaint post.

How not to run a forum 101 right here.
  • reviewer 22 Jun 2015 22:05:36 4,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm disgusted that a game studio wants to make another game that'll probably be released in 2-3 years.
  • reviewer 22 Jun 2015 22:06:54 4,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Project CARS @projectcarsgame
    Project CARS will continue to see massive updates, features, and content throughout 2015 & beyond. Project CARS 2 will happen simultaneously
  • Deleted user 22 June 2015 22:08:35
    Well, thats me reassured then.  I will buy Project CARS immediately.
  • Deleted user 22 June 2015 22:08:46
    Will I fuck lol
  • SennaCujo 22 Jun 2015 22:13:31 241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    reviewer wrote:
    I'm disgusted that a game studio wants to make another game that'll probably be released in 2-3 years.
    That made me chuckle.
  • SennaCujo 22 Jun 2015 22:14:26 241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Think some on here need to calm down just a little !!!!
  • H1ggyLTD 22 Jun 2015 22:16:01 7,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'll calm down that much that i only need to use one exclamation mark!
  • H1ggyLTD 22 Jun 2015 22:17:15 7,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If it comes out next year it's just wrong. 2017-8 would be acceptable.

But the timing of this announcement, and their handling of the forums, is pretty shocking, and i'm not usually too arsed by this stuff.

Edited by H1ggyLTD at 22:17:38 22-06-2015
  • Keyb0ardasaurus 22 Jun 2015 23:05:53 1,720 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @reviewer As has been said, it's the timing. If they'd at least fixed up to the condition it should have been released in first I highly doubt there'd be anywhere near this level of reaction.
  • reviewer 22 Jun 2015 23:24:42 4,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's current state is a lot better than most games, they've already said they're doing more with it.

I wouldn't have announced PC2 for a while but getting upset that they'd dare to work on a sequel seems petulant.
  • H1ggyLTD 22 Jun 2015 23:36:52 7,485 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They're not just daring to work on it, though.

They're daring to ask people to pay for it again, having not yet delivered on the last time they asked that - which as about a month or two ago.
  • MrMattAdz 22 Jun 2015 23:44:36 3,671 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    reviewer wrote:
    It's current state is a lot better than most games, they've already said they're doing more with it.

I wouldn't have announced PC2 for a while but getting upset that they'd dare to work on a sequel seems petulant.
    Who gives a shit if it's not as broken as other games, it's still broken (easily the most broken racing game I've ever played)

Their whole handling of the situation is crap, they won't admit anything is wrong and have their heads so far up their own arse that they refuse to listen to any criticisms. Not to mention that ian bell is basically a bellend and actively seeks out to shut down valid complaints.

The game in its current state still feels like it should have been released at least 6 months from now, they've gotten so much basic shit wrong and many features are completely irrelevant as they just don't work as they should. I don't know how anyone would be able to trust SMS with their money when they've shown that they just don't give a shit about delivering a final product.
  • SomaticSense 22 Jun 2015 23:44:58 15,049 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Most games?

AC Unity worked better. F1 2010 was less buggy. And neither of those had key gameplay mechanics that were legitimately broken (and I don't mean in the overused 'a bit buggy' sense of the word), nor serious UI issues that affected gameplay to the core. It's currently at the level that I'm sure most devs would label a beta.

Given the context, I don't think a hastily worded official statement that the first game's development won't be impacted means a hell of a lot. Benefit of the doubt, sure, but I don't feel they deserve that yet, at least from my end.

Edited by SomaticSense at 23:46:58 22-06-2015
  • samharper 23 Jun 2015 02:05:41 846 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm now over 90% convinced that PCars 1 shares more than just a developer with Shift 1 and 2. It has many of the same issues. Over aggressive AI made me think they just hadn't learnt their lesson, then I noticed that replays have exactly the same debris bug as both Shifts where the debris floats on the track, frozen in place. The post processing effects are exactly the same, right down to the low quality depth of field.
  • y2rich 23 Jun 2015 06:03:40 3,093 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't forget guys, as well as fixing PCARS and developing pCars2 they're also making that racing mmo.....
  • AaronTurner 23 Jun 2015 06:50:55 9,488 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Keyb0ardasaurus wrote:
    Reading that thread on the forum, that Ian Bell guy is starting to call out anyone who even fucking likes a complaint post.

How not to run a forum 101 right here.
    I've given up with those guys. That man's behaviour alone is absolutely obnoxious towards his customers. I'm gutted about Project Cars, it sounded perfect but it's a complete let down. I hope their crowd funding for the 2nd game fails otherwise it just proves you can take the piss out of cusromers and they'll take it.

Go on to any other sims forum and you'll see far better communications coming from the development teams. Race room forums are a great example.
  • reviewer 23 Jun 2015 07:06:54 4,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MrMattAdz wrote:
    reviewer wrote:

Who gives a shit if it's not as broken as other games, it's still broken (easily the most broken racing game I've ever played)

Their whole handling of the situation is crap, they won't admit anything is wrong and have their heads so far up their own arse that they refuse to listen to any criticisms. Not to mention that ian bell is basically a bellend and actively seeks out to shut down valid complaints.

The game in its current state still feels like it should have been released at least 6 months from now, they've gotten so much basic shit wrong and many features are completely irrelevant as they just don't work as they should. I don't know how anyone would be able to trust SMS with their money when they've shown that they just don't give a shit about delivering a final product.
    You haven't played many racing games if it's the most broken one you've ever played.

it doesn't sound like you think they're very good game designers either so why would you get a sequel? There's no need for people to be outraged by this though.
  • reviewer 23 Jun 2015 07:09:00 4,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Given the context, I don't think a hastily worded official statement that the first game's development won't be impacted means a hell of a lot. Benefit of the doubt, sure, but I don't feel they deserve that yet, at least from my end.
    They've done this.
  • Deleted user 23 June 2015 07:27:49
    People buy broken game. Devs release cosmetic patches. Game still broken. Devs announce sequel (begging for money from fans who own broken game). Game still broken.

Seems straightforward enough.

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 07:28:21 23-06-2015
  • MrMattAdz 23 Jun 2015 07:57:53 3,671 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    reviewer wrote:
    You haven't played many racing games if it's the most broken one you've ever played.

it doesn't sound like you think they're very good game designers either so why would you get a sequel? There's no need for people to be outraged by this though.
    What racing games do you think have been more broken then? Keeping in mind that there isn't a single game mode that doesn't have what I would call a game breaking bug. Some probably have multiple game breaking bugs.

The reason I bought and am still playing project cars is because it's the only sim racer on ps4. The reason why I'm pissed off that they are announcing a sequel so early is because it confirms that they aren't that interested in finishing what they started.

Announcing the game isn't what caused the outrage, it's announcing the game after everything you else they've done. They don't give a single shit about the consumers, and just because some devs or publishers might be slightly worse doesn't mean SMS should get a free pass.

Edited by MrMattAdz at 07:59:20 23-06-2015
  • Deleted user 23 June 2015 08:11:24
    Im sure most folk would love to comment on the live baby eating on the forum.  If they werent all banned that is :)
  • azurelas_2 23 Jun 2015 08:23:12 1,756 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Copied from the official forum:

Many features that were announced during pCars development never made it to the full game. Not only this, the game came out with a lot of bugs as well. Yet, SMS is already working on pCars 2. If this doesn't scare you, then I don't know.

I'll just leave this here:

C.A.R.S. is the first of those titles to use the WMD development system and comes from the team at Slightly Mad Studios, responsible for the Need For Speed™ SHIFT series.
    C.A.R.S. represents the ‘Ultimate Driver Journey’...
    •FRANCHISE MODE allows you to carve out a personalized career starting in the Karting world and then progressing on to whichever motor-sport specialization you prefer including Rally, Touring Cars, Open-Wheel, GT, Le Mans, and many more!
    •Play CO-OP with a friend as Driver/Co-Driver
    •FULL TEAM MANAGEMENT... Have a large number of friends? Create, manage, and compete together!
    •Experience the excitement of PIT STOPS like you've never seen before!
    •Revolutionary PIT-2-CAR RADIO gives you the strategic advantage
    •DYNAMIC Time Of Day & Localized Weather make every race unique and challenging
    •10+ GAME MODES covering every form of motor-sport
    •CLOUD-BASED SOCIAL NETWORK allows you to connect with friends, compare times & scores, compete and challenge each other, and share content
    •USER-GENERATED CONTENT - Create your own liveries, decals, tuning set-ups, and even events! Then share them with the world - either for free, in-game credits or even real money!
    •PUSHING TO THE LIMITS - Advanced physics, lighting, and AI

How much of this stuff did actually make it into the game? There is no Rally, no driver swaps, no "cloud based social network", no team management, no CO-OP. pCars is half of what it was advertised and yet, there is already pCars 2. It's sad how greedy the video game industry has become.

Telling us that pCars is still going to be supported isn't really comforting knowing that a sequel is being made alongside it that can impact the development of the original. For all we know, you guys can just cancel development and say "now buy pCars 2 if you want to receive new builds/patches/updates". It's scary. That's all.

I hope I am proven wrong and that pCars ends up growing and keeps on being supported like it was planned. Otherwise, what's the point, right?
    I knew the game was unfinished, but this really takes the biscuit. I'm pirating the next game just out of principle.
  • TenderChicken 23 Jun 2015 08:47:53 3,434 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If they announce that Project Cars 2 will come with exclusive emotes all hell will break loose.
  • SolidSCB 23 Jun 2015 09:06:42 9,893 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's 40% of 0?
  • reviewer 23 Jun 2015 09:17:28 4,634 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @azurelas_2

Why would you pirate it just because of that? Just don't buy it.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.