Nier: Automata Page 45

• Page

of 46 First / Last

• glo 9 Dec 2017 08:44:35 3,572 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Zidargh - I was a little underwhelmed early on in my first playthrough but by the time I finished it was my GOTY.

The combat improves with more upgrades and options. The later areas are more interesting and varied imho.

Stick with it a bit longer.
  • Ror 21 Dec 2017 11:49:53 16,903 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This should be with me by 4pm \o/

• One_Vurfed_Gwrx 21 Dec 2017 14:35:32 2,861 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So did anyone here bother with the DLC for this? I haven't (then again I haven't platinummed the main game either). Sounded a bit inconsequential to me but I would probably get it if it ever went on sale (looking at Drakengard 3 DLC seemingly never going on sale I don't have my hopes up though).
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 21 Dec 2017 14:42:52 2,436 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx I tried it. It's basically pointless unless you really, really love the battle system. It's a sequence of arena fights, some of which use irritating gimmicks.
  • Ror 21 Dec 2017 20:33:06 16,903 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think this is the best thing I've purchased this year.

Edited by Ror at 20:33:54 21-12-2017
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 21 Dec 2017 21:08:03 2,861 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx I tried it. It's basically pointless unless you really, really love the battle system. It's a sequence of arena fights, some of which use irritating gimmicks.
    That is what I figured and why I skipped it. Have to be on a decent sale to bother I think.
  • FrostPan 1 Jan 2018 13:33:51 1,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    POTENTIAL MASSIVE GAME SPOILERS DON'T READ UNLESS YOU COMPLETED THE WHOLE GAME WITH ALL ENDINGS.

I still haven't played Automata, is it still worth getting even I know 2B dies? Was browsing through someone's steam achievements a long while ago, and well, should have thought twice.

Edited by FrostPan at 13:36:16 01-01-2018
  • nickthegun 1 Jan 2018 14:12:37 72,347 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yes. In terms of spoiling the plot, that's about a 3/10.
  • Tuffty 1 Jan 2018 14:26:30 4,079 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FrostPan wrote:
    POTENTIAL MASSIVE GAME SPOILERS DON'T READ UNLESS YOU COMPLETED THE WHOLE GAME WITH ALL ENDINGS.

I still haven't played Automata, is it still worth getting even I know 2B dies? Was browsing through someone's steam achievements a long while ago, and well, should have thought twice.
    That is only the starting point to a whole new series of events.
  • ModoX 1 Jan 2018 15:27:42 3,024 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah don't worry about that at all.
  • FrostPan 3 Jan 2018 20:04:03 1,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cheers guys. Will definitely play it sometime this year.
  • Bichii 4 Jan 2018 05:07:33 258 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Decided to buy this but then when I saw it sells for between £60-100 I thought nah. Wtf is that all about ? £60 on Amazon.
  • MadCaddy13 4 Jan 2018 07:50:32 2,736 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There seems to be a shortage of this game or something, I saw amazon had one in stock for £40 yesterday. Itís not amazon selling at 60, itís another seller.
    I wonít be paying anything more than £30 for an almost year old game!
  • Ror 8 Jan 2018 18:00:40 16,903 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
  • Psiloc 11 Jan 2018 12:17:32 4,250 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bloody hell. This appeared on my radar after the DF GOTY video and it looked like my cup of tea, but damn, yeah, its hard to find a copy. £50 new is the best I can find.

I wish I'd paid more attention when it came out, I'd have been all over it if I'd clocked what sort of game it was. I think my brain melded it with Nioh and thought "not for me".
  • MadCaddy13 11 Jan 2018 12:27:44 2,736 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Youíve just missed out as eBay were selling them at 39 quid new not long ago. I bought it from this store a couple of days ago (bought before I saw someone on ebay selling for £39 :( )

http://www.gamescentre.co.uk/search/Nier?s=Nier&p=All%20Platforms

Also Very.co.uk have some at £45
  • SpentNoodle 11 Jan 2018 23:34:53 13 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Hyped up on loads of review sites. Played the demo, yeah one of those button mashing things that some people like.

Still need to complete metal gear revangence but it's all the same devil may cry shit.

It's like forcing yourself to think ninja gaiden is a good game. Been there

I get that it feels authentic Japanese like something from a once good era, but it's just a button mashing. We are to play horizon zero dawn, infamous, and destiny now. Let it go

Or play that blood borne game and revel in masochism and self hatred.

Flower is a good game but it's not Japanese and is for the PS3, like all the best games. Okami is a great Zelda rip off that gnaws at you. Shadow of collussus remake is out soon. Unravel is pretty crap. Child of light seems underrated. The last of us starts of good, but is a boring slog ultimately. Mankind divided is ropey as hell. Doom can at least run at 60fps, and unlike timesplitters you can jump! That's all can be said for it.

Gran turismo sport sickening top gear fan fodder

Edited by SpentNoodle at 00:09:01 12-01-2018

Edited by SpentNoodle at 00:10:42 12-01-2018

Edited by SpentNoodle at 00:15:30 12-01-2018
  • Tuffty 12 Jan 2018 00:20:55 4,079 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SpentNoodle wrote:
    Hyped up on loads of review sites. Played the demo, yeah one of those button mashing things that some people like.

Still need to complete metal gear revangence but it's all the same devil may cry shit.

It's like forcing yourself to think ninja gaiden is a good game. Been there

I get that it feels authentic Japanese like something from a once good era, but it's just a button mashing. We are to play horizon zero dawn, infamous, and destiny now. Let it go

Or play that blood borne game and revel in masochism and self hatred.

Flower is a good game but it's not Japanese and is for the PS3, like all the best games. Okami is a great Zelda rip off that gnaws at you. Shadow of collussus remake is out soon. Unravel is pretty crap. Child of light seems underrated. The last of us starts of good, but is a boring slog ultimately. Mankind divided is ropey as hell. Doom can at least run at 60fps, and unlike timesplitters you can jump! That's all can be said for it.

This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue.

Edited by Tuffty at 00:21:39 12-01-2018
  • Ror 12 Jan 2018 01:33:24 16,903 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue. This cannot continue.
  • uiruki 12 Jan 2018 07:12:15 4,435 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They did continue, three times in fact.

Do you think maybe they are having trouble finding friends in their age group?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Jan 2018 09:34:02 2,436 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm struggling to follow the chain of thought that leads from Nier: Automata to Top Gear.

Though I do now have a weird but oddly persistent mental image of 2B doing Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.
  • uiruki 12 Jan 2018 09:46:12 4,435 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    A gigantic arse in front of the camera, maybe?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Jan 2018 09:48:57 2,436 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    uiruki wrote:
    A gigantic arse in front of the camera, maybe?
    /applause
  • minky-kong 12 Jan 2018 12:04:28 13,317 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SpentNoodle wrote:

Talking to the most
    Blonde I ever met
    Shouting
    Lager lager lager lager
    Shouting
    Lager lager lager lager
    Shouting...
    Lager lager lager
    Shouting
    Mega mega white thing
    Mega mega white thing
    Mega mega white thing
    Mega mega
    Shouting lager lager lager lager
    Mega mega white thing
    Mega mega white thing
    So many things to see and do
    In the tube hole true
    Blonde going back to Romford
    Mega mega mega going back to Romford
  • samharper 12 Jan 2018 17:41:19 939 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Psiloc It was on sale pretty cheap over Christmas on PSN, should be discounted again some time during the year.
  • FrostPan 12 Jan 2018 23:23:23 1,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just saw on HUKD that two store outlets on ebay were selling it new for £30 earlier today, but sold out now. Some scalper bought 15 copies *sigh*.
  • MadCaddy13 13 Jan 2018 06:50:20 2,736 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That will teach me to pay £45 on an almost year old game. I saw it on eBay for £30 but I thought for £15 I couldnít be bothered to sort a return out. I had this thing in my mind that it will completely sell out and no company will ever have any more stock
  • beastmaster 13 Jan 2018 09:42:17 17,786 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Still got the sealed up Black Box version of this. Not got around to this due to BotW.
  • Fonzie 13 Jan 2018 10:37:04 3,091 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I started this last weekend but haven't had chance to play any more. Have some free time today so going to crack on with it. I love what I've played so far and the music is just great.
  • Bichii 13 Jan 2018 10:50:06 258 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I can't wait to play it but full price can do one..SB twenty in another year.
  • Page

of 46 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.