Nier: Automata Page 38

• Page

of 44 First / Last

• drhcnip 9 May 2017 12:57:28 5,390 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    To get the final ending in the original game you had to collect all the weapons. I was wondering if the requirements were the same here, but haven't looked into it.
    heh, remember that well...my daughter's laboriously working through that to get the final ending atm...
  • RelaxedMikki 9 May 2017 12:58:16 2,254 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ah. OK. I think I might know what I still need to do then...

Thanks for the heads up. Am really glad I can call off the metal detectoring!
  • nickthegun 9 May 2017 13:03:51 71,913 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It wasnt as fun as pure combat but it had its moments if you messed around with the hacking chips or took them over.

I spent half an hour in the robot sex cave, bouncing from the massive twirly hands robots, to the axe guys, to the dogbots..
  • Ror 9 May 2017 13:06:51 16,581 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    To get the final ending in the original game you had to collect all the weapons. I was wondering if the requirements were the same here, but haven't looked into it.
    heh, remember that well...my daughter's laboriously working through that to get the final ending atm...
    It wasn't too bad in the original, IMO. There were a couple of sidequests that gave you tons of money as a reward, too.

Although, thinking back, I did use a guide for some of them, so maybe that's not entirely fair!

Drakengard 3 though? I don't think I'll ever bother.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 9 May 2017 13:18:11 10,980 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wait... 21 endings?
  • drhcnip 9 May 2017 13:22:44 5,390 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Decks

26 altogether...one for each letter of the alphabet...a-e are the 5 main story ones that you get by working through the plot...

the other 21 are a combo of jokey, subplot, sidequest type ones that aren't essential to 'complete' the game to ending e...some of them can be achieved very quickly, a fair few i achieved by complete fluke...
  • nickthegun 9 May 2017 13:31:29 71,913 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Basically, if you walk away from an urgent objective, you're gonna get an ending.

As you saw with the oily brothers, they are pretty much just bespoke game over screens.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 9 May 2017 13:49:10 2,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    drhcnip wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    It wasn't too bad in the original, IMO. There were a couple of sidequests that gave you tons of money as a reward, too.

Although, thinking back, I did use a guide for some of them, so maybe that's not entirely fair!

Drakengard 3 though? I don't think I'll ever bother.
    Not got around to finishing Nier but Drakengard's 3 weapon upgrading requirement was fairly easy and not too time consuming if I remember. I just got defeated by the final route boss, got very, very close to finishing it but not quite and now the PS3 is temperamental...

I didn't bother getting all of the weapons in this one although got a decent amount. I might go back one day for the minor endings and bonus bosses (DLC seems pricy for what it is).
  • TheDuskwalker 9 May 2017 13:51:01 53 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Ror
    No, not for the main/true ending, but there is a boss and ending for getting and then upgrading everything to max along with doing all sidequests, that's something real special.
  • Ror 9 May 2017 14:36:34 16,581 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TheDuskwalker Cheers, I'll see if I can bothered when I get back to the game.

@One_Vurfed_Gwrx Ah, fair enough. I just remember looking at the weapon lists in D3 and thinking, "sod that". It seemed like it'd be a lot more work than it was in NieR.
  • monkman76 10 May 2017 11:00:10 11,879 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is down to £35 on PSN.
  • Deleted user 10 May 2017 11:03:45
    I finished 9s's story last night... bit of a twist but nothing i wasn't expecting. Looking forward to starting the third play through tonight
  • hypoBla5t 10 May 2017 12:45:07 2,233 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Graxlar_v2 wrote:
    I finished 9s's story last night... bit of a twist but nothing i wasn't expecting. Looking forward to starting the third play through tonight
    Shit's about to get real.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 10 May 2017 13:02:37 31,488 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    This is down to £35 on PSN.
    Yay! I was hoping we'd get this, since it was down last week in the US. Cheers for the heads-up and spending my money for me :p
  • JoeBlade 10 May 2017 21:08:57 4,115 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Great, I only just realized my inventory was full of junk (no idea where I got it) worth a fortune. There I was going by with a couple of thousand, now I spent over a hundred and fifty thousand on upgrades.

No wonder 2B seemed a bit shit at combat o_O
  • KD 10 May 2017 22:57:19 1,722 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    On my 2nd time through it all I stopped at the first bit of water after the first fight and caught enough fish to pay for the extra ram slots.
  • kadooosh 11 May 2017 09:33:48 3,007 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've got this for sale but as no one wants it at the mo I'm thinking of sitting back down with it to give it another go.

I initially put it aside after spending 45 mins in the prologue then died at the boss with 2 big saw things and found out I'd have to start again I thought fuck that.

Is the saving any better after this boss? Is it easy to get killed and lose lots of progress later on?
  • Deleted user 11 May 2017 09:38:45
    @kadooosh it gets much better with lots of space spaces. Also when you die, you dont lose progress (though you do have to retrieve your body. I have died 3 times in the game (30 hours in). Once was to that boss (think you are meant to die to it)

Edited by Graxlar_v2 at 09:43:35 11-05-2017
  • TheDuskwalker 11 May 2017 09:53:50 53 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @kadooosh
    After beating the prologue the game takes on the Souls, you die and you can return to your body to regain your stuff, system for a lot of the game. The world is also scattered with android stations (that look kind of like soda machines as a disguise, they're used for saving, reading email, and fast travel when it becomes available) that are normally being attacked by weak level 1 enemies (they ignore you and die in 1 hit). After recapturing them they enable you to save (both quick save and slot) almost anywhere in that area.

Given how forgiving the game is with death and saving most of the time, the prologue is kind of a weird oversight.
  • kadooosh 11 May 2017 10:03:07 3,007 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well that sounds much better.. I love the style and the combat so I was annoyed at that the starting again thing. I didn't realise u could go back to your body either to retrieve your stuff. Will give it another go tonight for sure now
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 11 May 2017 10:05:39 31,488 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I played through the bit that was in the demo last night. Bit of a pain playing that same section a second time in a row, but that's just how it goes and it's not like it's particularly difficult. However, I had to go and dealt with real life stuff so I stuck it in suspend mode, knowing it hadn't saved yet but at least I could come back to it, only to find out on returning it had closed the game entirely and I'll now have to play it a third time in a row.

I have to admit that has soured my experience somewhat, through no fault of the game itself. I'll be back though, and next time real life can go screw itself until I've hit a sale point :p
  • drhcnip 11 May 2017 10:15:51 5,390 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @kadooosh

nah, the prologue is the only part that does that...also, as well as the dispenser save stations, a lot of areas allow you to save at any point, you get a little popup message when this is available...saving is certainly not an issue for the game
  • kadooosh 11 May 2017 10:57:36 3,007 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im a bit miffed I haven't asked in here sooner, I would have put this back on a few days ago rather than trying to sell. Quite looking forward to getting past the prologue now.

Edited by kadooosh at 10:57:58 11-05-2017
  • damagedinc 11 May 2017 11:18:50 2,616 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kadooosh wrote:
    Im a bit miffed I haven't asked in here sooner, I would have put this back on a few days ago rather than trying to sell. Quite looking forward to getting past the prologue now.
    Also if you speed run the prologue it can  be done in about 10 min. Just fight the enemies you have to fight.
  • dankcushions 11 May 2017 11:31:26 327 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    finished the first 'proper' ending.

a very strange game. i realise the endings are essentially 'chapters' but i couldn't help feel the pang of disappointment when the credits rolled after ~10 hours in a game that has all the foundations of a 100+ hour rpg. however, you get stuck into playthrough 2 and you start to see how they explore those foundations. i'm excited!

it's definitely one of those games where i could quite easily list many things wrong with parts of it, but the overall experience makes it totally engaging.

also, round 2 of the fairground boss.. christ.
  • kadooosh 11 May 2017 11:31:52 3,007 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @damagedinc ah OK cool, will do that, hopefully my body is still there from. The last death at that boss
  • Deleted user 11 May 2017 11:40:18
    @kadooosh Your body wont be there until you get passed the prologue (its a side mission to get it)
  • drhcnip 11 May 2017 11:58:01 5,390 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dankcushions

yep, the second approach at the fairground boss is, i think, when it starts to move from great to special as a game...

and playthrough 3 is even better...;)
  • Deleted user 11 May 2017 12:10:53
    I am almost through playthrough 3 :(. The hacking mini games can suck balls but the actual story has shot from great to holy fuck this is something special... the number of wtf moments is unreal
  • Ror 11 May 2017 12:38:39 16,581 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got back into this last night. Still on 9S' playthrough - just did the alien ship bit. Did the sidequests that I lost progress on thanks to the eject thing, and did a few more too. I'm still waiting for this to actually kick into gear.

You guys talking about the second approach to the fairground boss? I'm assuming you mean when you fight it as 9S and learn its motivations? That was alright, but man, there's nothing in this on the level of playthrough 2 of the original.
  • Page

of 44 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.