Dark Souls 3 Page 427

  • Page

    of 428 First / Last

  • Graxlar_v3 27 Oct 2017 10:09:40 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    hmmmmm, may have to give that a go... do you lot play it on ps3?
  • Mola_Ram 27 Oct 2017 10:11:32 16,880 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 open the door downstairs from the other side, kite him (he can't actually leave, but you can get him to approach the doorway), shoot him with arrows until he goes back to his original position, repeat until dead.

    I did try fighting him fairly, once, but the tiny little room really didn't help with that.

    Edited by Mola_Ram at 10:14:14 27-10-2017
  • quadfather 27 Oct 2017 10:11:34 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, it's still wired up with the disk inside. It's only that disk and demon's that go in it now :)
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Oct 2017 10:12:58 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    hmmmmm, may invest in a ps3 disc as i think it might be a bit more fun with some co op shenanigans. I have run the game solo enough times now :)
  • HarryPalmer 27 Oct 2017 10:14:15 5,296 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Yeah, I was always going to make the wrong decision at the beginning! Target shield would be nice. I'm playing on PS3.

    @quadfather - cemetery?? I accidentally ending up there after falling off something, got chased down a hole by some rock hard skeletons whilst mumbling 'this is bad. this is bad.' Not super keen to go back.

    Edited by HarryPalmer at 10:15:26 27-10-2017
  • quadfather 27 Oct 2017 10:16:13 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    @Graxlar_v3 Yeah, I was always going to make the wrong decision at the beginning! Target shield would be nice. I'm playing on PS3.

    @quadfather - cemetery?? I accidentally ending up there after falling off something, got chased down a hole by some rock hard skeletons whilst mumbling 'this is bad. this is bad.' Not super keen to go back.
    Haha, we've all done it mate :)

    Yeah, I'd leave it till later!

    "this is bad, this is bad" haha, that made me laugh :)
  • Rhaegyr 27 Oct 2017 10:20:20 4,019 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Go through the graveyard and into the catacombs - it's the easiest way at the start.

    :-P
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Oct 2017 10:21:08 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    hmmm no psn dark souls :/
  • HarryPalmer 27 Oct 2017 10:21:08 5,296 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Even though I'm only maybe 3 hours in, it's so different to 2. I breezed through 2 tbh. Already had several moments in this where I get completely wrecked instantly. Like who decided to put a Black Knight at the top of a tower so you have to fight him in an area the size of a drinks coaster (well, I know who)? It's great!
  • quadfather 27 Oct 2017 10:22:21 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, it doesn't pussy about like 2 and 3, the real dark souls starts here!
  • HarryPalmer 27 Oct 2017 10:27:58 5,296 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's a shame 3 is so linear tbh. After Bloodborne I just kinda thought this is how it was. Then 2 had all these different places you could go from the start and it opened my eyes a bit, but generally, it was lacking 'something'.

    I can see why they made BB and 3 more linear, and I love them to bits, but this is something else. Kinda weird to play them in reverse order, but it works well for this series.
  • Dgzter 27 Oct 2017 10:30:03 1,594 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is just something utterly sublime about the level design in DS1, which I don't believe has ever been topped throughout the series. It just flows so organically, and this is actually helped by the gated/limited fast travel mechanic. It truly is one of the most exemplary pieces of world-building out there, I think.

    I'm sure there was a nice illustrated map image doing the rounds at one point, which pretty much captured how brilliantly it all fits together.
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Oct 2017 10:32:03 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    hmmm no psn dark souls :/
    Found someone selling a limited edition version on ebay for £15 so picked that up and AotA Dlc is only £2.49 atm.
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Oct 2017 10:33:06 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    There is just something utterly sublime about the level design in DS1, which I don't believe has ever been topped throughout the series. It just flows so organically, and this is actually helped by the gated/limited fast travel mechanic. It truly is one of the most exemplary pieces of world-building out there, I think.

    I'm sure there was a nice illustrated map image doing the rounds at one point, which pretty much captured how brilliantly it all fits together.
    This!

    I will say 2 is the most expansive of the lot, but i think it loses something through it.

    @harrypalmer, ask quaddy about his poster.
  • Red_Bool 27 Oct 2017 10:35:27 1,585 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Even though I'm only maybe 3 hours in, it's so different to 2. I breezed through 2 tbh. Already had several moments in this where I get completely wrecked instantly. Like who decided to put a Black Knight at the top of a tower so you have to fight him in an area the size of a drinks coaster (well, I know who)? It's great!
    Still have to play 2 and 3. My first encounter with that Black Knight was really memorable: I was a bit lost about what to do this early on. He was just standing there, so I snuck up behind him and gave him a whack (well, it was more like a 'tink'). You know that feeling when you realize you did something really stupid and know you're going to regret it? So what happened next was blind panic 'shitshitshitshitshit', trying to get away and getting one-shotted :)
  • quadfather 27 Oct 2017 10:38:57 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trying to find the picture of the posters I have on the wall. There's the main lordran one, and then the painted world and firelink.

    Do you mean this one -



    Edited by quadfather at 10:39:26 27-10-2017
  • HarryPalmer 27 Oct 2017 10:41:03 5,296 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow, that's lovely - did you make it?
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Oct 2017 10:41:53 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    yeah thats the one.... just so perfectly shows how fantastic the level design is. I remember watching ENB on his dark souls 100% playthrough and when he pointed out you could see the bottom of the map from undead burg it was like holy fuck.
  • HarryPalmer 27 Oct 2017 10:44:16 5,296 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3 Is that ENB's recent playthrough? He's just done 100% DS playthrough, he always seems to do a playthrough about the time I'm playing through the games, which is cool.

    EDIT: jesus I said playthrough a lot here.

    Edited by HarryPalmer at 10:48:28 27-10-2017
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Oct 2017 10:45:19 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    hmmm bloodborne artbook is £25 in the wordary :( fuck sake harry!!!!!!

    ok, already have it, so dont need to buy it again :D

    Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 10:51:12 27-10-2017
  • quadfather 27 Oct 2017 10:45:36 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Wow, that's lovely - did you make it?
    I wish! No, it originally came from someone on Reddit. It eventually got to an online store and you can buy them now. The other two are just as good - the painted world and firelink, but obviously more close up to examine those areas alone.

    I bought all 3 and got some frames and put them on a wall in a corridor - they still look great now. Except I can't find the photos of them :)

    But the main lordran one really shows off the level design.
  • Graxlar_v3 27 Oct 2017 10:47:04 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @HarryPalmer

    This one,

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUqg8XtAHnc

    its fantastic, if you want to feel better about yourself and have a laugh - there is also this letsplay

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV-wXOxRxXA&list=PLraFbwCoisJDod9GxdmYrPfDxW6UCzPLh

    Tbh, the second one was the one that pushed me through to complete Dark souls originally
  • docrob 27 Oct 2017 11:41:16 805 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Wow, that's lovely - did you make it?
    I wish! No, it originally came from someone on Reddit. It eventually got to an online store and you can buy them now. The other two are just as good - the painted world and firelink, but obviously more close up to examine those areas alone.

    I bought all 3 and got some frames and put them on a wall in a corridor - they still look great now. Except I can't find the photos of them :)

    But the main lordran one really shows off the level design.
    Yep - I stole that one and had a canvas print made. Beautiful picture.
  • Rivuzu 27 Oct 2017 13:53:18 16,803 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hm. That Lordran picture is quite a thing.

    It's also really fucking good timing for my D&D group I DM for, as that's almost exactly the structure of the world they're in/going to. I might just steal that wholesale and use it.
  • quadfather 27 Oct 2017 14:02:50 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rivuzu

    Don't say I never do anything for you
  • Rivuzu 27 Oct 2017 14:03:38 16,803 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @quadfather oh you do lots for me bigboi
  • quadfather 27 Oct 2017 14:24:24 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    tart
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Oct 2017 19:16:44 21,462 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I really wish the other games had the same level up mechanic as DS1, going on one progressive journey that doesn't necessitate constantly punting back to the nexus or whatever was one of the things that DS1 got so right. I find the level up lady a tedious mechanic.
  • Graxlar_v3 30 Oct 2017 13:58:38 1,119 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    \o/ i got my limited edition ps3 version of dark souls today
  • quadfather 30 Oct 2017 13:59:25 29,961 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yay nice one! :)

    Oh dear, I know what this means...
  • Page

    of 428 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.