He can hack me any day of the week
  • Mola_Ram 31 Jul 2015 02:50:59 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hello new page
  • b0rk 31 Jul 2015 03:52:37 7,324 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wow pretty great ending to that ep. Didn't really expect that.
  • Mola_Ram 31 Jul 2015 04:57:52 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I know, right? I was kind of expecting and dreading it, but hoping that it wouldn't turn out that way. And when it did, the way that they shot it just really let the despair sink in. Really, really effective.
  • b0rk 31 Jul 2015 05:10:35 7,324 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oh I didn't care about her dying at all but fully expected to see her rising into view as the camera focused on Elliot. I was pleased to be wrong and the show went up in my estimation.
  • Mola_Ram 31 Jul 2015 05:21:22 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No, I think the look on his face told the story. I don't even think we really needed to cut to a shot of her dead body, but I guess they figured that some people would be confused if they didn't actually show it.
  • Tonka 31 Jul 2015 07:04:44 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I found the leaning on a trope a bit disappointing. On the other hand it was a character I couldn't stand due to her looking like a younger version of a super annoying neighbour. But it was a great scene. Tense and we'll acted and brilliant music.

Troping aside MrRobot is the best show I've seen since firefly. The plot continues to take surprising turns and branching off into new arcs.

WRT the Durden angle I've now fully accepted it and it feels as if the show assumes the viewer is in on it.
  • Deleted user 3 August 2015 03:08:35
    Just on the first episode it's late night at the office and there's a cyber attack happening to the big evil corp.- did Elliot's blondy friend just ask what a rootkit is?

Seriously?
  • Mola_Ram 3 Aug 2015 05:12:28 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Maybe her job didn't require her to know what a rootkit is? She was just an accounts manager. And generally someone is needed to fill in for the audience about what that technical thingy is. It's a necessary evil.

At any rate, she lost her position as a result of that fuckup. So it's not like there weren't any repercussions for her ignorance.
  • Deleted user 4 August 2015 09:06:41
    Yeah that's true, think I was just tired and cranky when I posted that!

Just got caught up on it fully, the end of episode 6 was indeed the tits. Loving how dark and messed up it is.

Also, use of Tangerine Dream on the soundtrack = kudos.
  • YenRug 6 Aug 2015 22:26:52 4,480 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BOOM! And just like that, the Tyler Durden theory is out of the window. Well, unless we're going to get flashbacks showing it was really Eliot in those scenes, instead.

Edited by YenRug at 22:27:05 06-08-2015
  • Tonka 7 Aug 2015 06:42:41 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, sadly those scenes don't disprove or prove a thing. It has to be the pair of them in a room having interactions with others and being called by names. Or Mr Robot discussing Elliot with one of the others. (That never mention the motivations for Elliot or Mr Robot in that tet a tet on the campus lawn)

I'm worried if they try to make a big SURPRISE! reveal that it was Elliot all along. Much cooler if it turns out there are actually two of them.

But what I really came here to say is that I thought it was yet another fantastic episode in my favorite TV show. Love how I just hours before had talked with my colleagues about how the nasty Swede had gone from villain to someone I was sympathizing with.

Then BOOM! headshot. I did not see that coming. To make things even better it felt like something he might have planed beforehand for a while. The way this show takes characters off on completely new branches without it feeling out of character is great.

Contrast that with True Detective where people do stuff because the plot requires it.

Loved how the girlfriend in refrigerator didn't turn into Elliot hell bent on revenge mode. Love how his childhood pal is IS hell bent on revenge. The dark army arc and the scorned boy friend who might / mightn't be out on his own path to revenge. The psychiatrist thing. The Scandie power couple. So many arcs all feeling right.

top stuff
  • Tonka 7 Aug 2015 07:30:51 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Cool. Could be good for when Mr Robot ends.
  • Whizzo 7 Aug 2015 14:06:55 44,757 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Some really surprising stuff in the latest episode still no evidence that Mr Robot is anything but Elliot as we've not had them both interacting with anyone at the same time (my own theory is it's a projection of Elliot's dead dad), it was a nice send-off for Shayla at least with the flashback although that psychopath really wasn't worth dealing with and her getting involved with him was directly because of Elliot. The final scene was a real eye opener.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Aug 2015 15:55:13 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Honestly, I think it's getting too convoluted for Mr Robot to not be a real person at this point. It makes more sense that there are two of them, even if he has the habit of appearing out of nowhere.

Really hoping that they don't pull that twist out. I don't need that stuff to be able to appreciate this show.
  • b0rk 8 Aug 2015 17:13:40 7,324 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'M EMPTY INSIDE
  • b0rk 8 Aug 2015 17:52:41 7,324 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Some good acting in that episode. It always finishes strong.
  • YenRug 8 Aug 2015 20:44:08 4,480 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's three ways that this can go, if they're not going to go full Fight Club, seeing as they already have a confirmed second season to play with:

1. They'll continue to play the scenes so that you never see anything that definitively confirms the theory, either way, and the show ends with it never being revealed.

2. They could reveal to the viewer that he's definitely a Tyler Durden character, but leave it that Elliot is unaware.

3. Have it confirmed that he is a real person.
  • twelveways 10 Aug 2015 19:24:11 7,129 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm gonna go for option 4, I don't know what option 4 is but I don't think its any of those.
  • Whizzo 13 Aug 2015 19:51:12 44,757 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bloody hell what an episode.

Nice to have confirmation about something I've suspected for a while but the other reveal on the bench was a complete shock.

Best new show of 2015, why the fuck hasn't any UK channels picked this up?
  • b0rk 13 Aug 2015 19:58:39 7,324 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finishing strong again. I was grabbing my TV by the end. Great music, direction and editing and it's beautifully shot and it has gone from meh to essential for me. I really care about Elliot now.

Thread is only 3 pages. Why?
  • Deleted user 13 August 2015 20:12:35
    Awesome series so far... For some reason I thought it was only 7 episodes and I'm already on 6, but pleasantly surprised to find out I'm wrong!
  • YenRug 13 Aug 2015 20:19:57 4,480 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Holy crap! Reverse Fight Club!

Did not see that coming, in the slightest.
  • Tonka 13 Aug 2015 20:51:48 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    b0rk wrote:

Thread is only 3 pages. Why?
    This.

Even though I was hoping they wouldn't go for that reveal they did it in such a great way that I'm not bothered in the least.

And the rest of it. This is fantastic. It's edging closer to Beverly Hills 902 10 status with every passing episode.

Legendary.

Edited by Tonka at 06:56:33 14-08-2015
  • Tonka 13 Aug 2015 20:53:24 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wait what? Are you guys saying he's been imagining that his father died?

O.o

Edited by Tonka at 06:56:00 14-08-2015
  • Whizzo 13 Aug 2015 21:09:57 44,757 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    He's dead.

If he wasn't it would require :

Angela to be under the misapprehension that her childhood friend's (make that friends' after the start of this episode) Dad has been dead for 20 years.

Mr Alderson not ageing in those 20 years as all those pictures looked pretty much like the 45 year old Christian Slater that's been in the show so far. If the actor's ages are the same as the character's it would also mean Elliot has a Dad that's only 11 years older than him.

Elliot and his sister have been trying to destroy Evil Corp for no reason at all and not for revenge.

Also the very fact Mr Robot turned up so quickly after Elliot's revelation means he can't be anything but a figment of his imagination unless he's psychic and always close by.
  • Page

of 14 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.