Mr Robot Page 12

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• Vice.Destroyer 8 Sep 2016 16:25:28 7,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    My oh my, that was rather tense.

Pretty sure Cisco is dead. It doesn't look good for Angela either, though I don't know how they could have possibly missed Elliot getting off the train.
    I agree with you regarding. Cisco. That is a definite death. He just does not have plot armour, like Darlene does.
  • FrostPan 9 Sep 2016 17:45:03 1,365 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Didn't realise that the Don't Walk signal was literally a countdown to the shooting. .
    Really well done there.

Edited by FrostPan at 17:45:23 09-09-2016
  • YenRug 9 Sep 2016 23:22:20 4,480 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FrostPan wrote:
    Didn't realise that the Don't Walk signal was literally a countdown to the shooting. .
    Really well done there.
    Unfortunately, now saying that video is unavailable.

There is this to pique people's curiosity, however:

https://youtu.be/H2Jc1wHlhEU

Managed to get it sort of running in my Gear VR headset, but there's no native YouTube app and so I had to run it through the browser, ended up with the audio out of sync.
  • Tonka 12 Sep 2016 06:13:29 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I thought the people that walked up to Angela were FBI agents that she had just handed Elliot to. She was so stilted and direct in the conversation that I suspected her of wearing a wire. The kiss the perfect biblical reference.

Then again, I thought it was beards and head scarf going at it at the end of the previous episode and see how that worked out.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Sep 2016 06:39:42 5,969 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah i assumed she was wired as well. Dont remember elliot saying anything incriminating though.
  • Tonka 12 Sep 2016 06:53:57 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What was his reply to "Why did you start FSociety?" ?Can't remember. Her line about watching "Back to the Future 2" made me think she was secretly telling him she was wired (Reminded me of Capricorn One) but that came after the "Why did you start..." thing.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Sep 2016 07:41:13 5,969 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    A quick google shows the worst he said was "i didnt want to involve you". If thats right then they have nothing from that conversation.
  • Tonka 12 Sep 2016 10:18:02 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Did you see the hidden clue in the apartment? I saw fuck all. Didn't even try.
  • Frogofdoom 12 Sep 2016 10:28:19 5,969 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nope i always miss shit like that.
  • El_MUERkO 12 Sep 2016 10:34:01 18,243 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    So I've been studiously avoiding it this year, going to binge it at seasons end, is it good?
  • Frogofdoom 12 Sep 2016 10:47:44 5,969 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its getting better as the season has gone on i think. Probably not as good as season 1 overall but its a bit unfair to judge before its finished.
  • Tonka 12 Sep 2016 11:36:27 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not as good as S01 but then again, few things are. I think it might benefit from binge watching.
  • FrostPan 12 Sep 2016 11:45:10 1,365 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Not as good as S01 but then again, few things are. I think it might benefit from binge watching.
    Absolutely. Waiting every Thursday is a pain for me. Thankfully the season is almost finished.
  • grassyknoll 12 Sep 2016 11:56:50 619 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So I'm not as far as the posters here, but just finished season 1 and two episodes into season 2, really enjoy the narrative and all the characters bar Elliot. The reveal at the end of S01E09 took an incredibly interesting and complex (and in many ways a unlikable) protagonist and just turned him into a Fight Club ripoff. Does his psychological issues fade into the background a little as the story continues? (Or at least handled in a less ham fisted manner).
  • Immaterial 15 Sep 2016 13:23:17 2,209 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The fact that he is, in his own words, an unreliable narrator are part of the show's DNA. In his sections of the story arc he stays loopy but stable, if that makes sense.

That said, with the exception of a couple of scenes, today's episode (ep11) is full-on David Lynch. Hopefully it will calm down again next week.
  • TheSaint 15 Sep 2016 13:38:58 17,367 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bit of a Back to the Future theme with the music this week.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Sep 2016 13:44:22 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Personally I like how ambitious it's getting with the storytelling, but I do hope that they remember to bring it back to earth from time to time.
  • Vice.Destroyer 15 Sep 2016 17:57:57 7,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm so confused.
  • Razz 16 Sep 2016 00:41:51 63,260 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What the fuck is going on? :S

Is White Rose Male or Female?

What the fuck is going on?
  • FrostPan 16 Sep 2016 00:49:31 1,365 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It was indeed a very strange episode.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Sep 2016 00:52:24 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I was waiting for a dancing midget to show up.
  • Tonka 16 Sep 2016 05:14:17 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ha ha ha! Exactly what I was thinking.
  • Tonka 16 Sep 2016 06:46:35 26,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    Trans woman iirc. But was that whole thing a dream or a drug induced brainwash? I think the show is getting a bit too clever for it's own good. I feel the plot is treated much like the cliffhangers. Make sure there is one but completely ignore it in the next episode.

It's as if Malik is trying to go full Primer except no one cares to lay his puzzle, leaving us with a bunch of scrambled pieces that we're not even sure belong to the same set. Was the pairing of Angelas kidnappers important? Did that code menu Mr Robot found show up in last episodes fly through? Could the code be cracked last week already? Would it have mattered? Why the drowning Koi carp? (OMG lol it drowns as the water disappears soooo clever). The C=64, taped over faces etc etc)

I guess the overarching theme is re-programming people. Elliot tried and failed to get rid of Mr Robot, Angela turned herself into a power suit only to (apparently) have been retooled into a robot (Ms Robot) ECorp turning crisis into opportunity, cash into code. But just mentioning something a lot isn't the same as saying something about it.

First episode was a story with a twist of pizzazz, now I feel it's basically all pizzaz with a hint of plot.
  • Load_2.0 16 Sep 2016 09:44:42 25,598 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    First episode was a story with a twist of pizzazz, now I feel it's basically all pizzaz with a hint of plot.
    Yep.

For me the first season highlighted how planning and scheming could be undone and how susceptible they are to random events.

These elaborate machinations and world domination plans bore me because they are so grandiose it's comical. I now find White Rose dull and over used.

Also I find it very hard to take Evil Bodyguard guy seriously. He is like Patrick Warburton's twin!

Shame.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Sep 2016 09:54:18 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I dunno, I think I'm going to reserve judgement on this one until it's over. It's definitely going for something more ambitious than the first season, and that could either succeed or fail.

I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.
  • Razz 16 Sep 2016 09:55:38 63,260 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Speak for yourselves, I love it.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Sep 2016 10:01:39 16,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's pretty weird, but let's not forget that the first season had an episode with Elliot's fish talking in the voice of Keith David.
  • Immaterial 16 Sep 2016 10:43:15 2,209 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    What the fuck is going on? :S

What the fuck is going on?
    White Rose is simply a fella in a frock.
    Think the Amazon X-Ray bit on the actor who plays him/her tells that he had a recent role as M. Butterfly on stage- another character of indeterminate gender.

something something cis/trans something.
  • Vice.Destroyer 16 Sep 2016 10:51:05 7,082 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Strangely enough, the gender of White Rose is something that is not confusing. I mean, we have seen him in his day job. That underlined his gender to me.

But everything else was just a touch too confusing for me. I didn't appreciate not having any update on whether Darlene or Cisco were alive or dead. . Having Wellick return was annoying in the extreme as well. Now I am going to have to think back to all his scenes and try and remember if anyone that saw Wellick also saw Elliott. Ah, I just answered my own question. The psycho bodyguard. He is basically the plot point that confirms that Wellick is real. But we don't know if the Wellick in the cab is real, because Elliott does seem to imagine dead people. It's too much of a mindbender.
  • FrostPan 16 Sep 2016 21:46:33 1,365 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Show took a dive once after the whole Elliot-actually-being-in-prison thing was revealed.

It's still good mind you.

So we're not going to see the other Fsociety members again? Trenton and that other guy whatever his name was.
  • Page

of 14 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.