Mr Robot Page 11

• Page

of 14 First / Last

• Load_2.0 19 Aug 2016 08:17:09 25,583 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah I kind of hope that gets explained. Unless someone smuggled a notebook in up their bum.
  • Frogofdoom 19 Aug 2016 09:32:53 5,941 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can use a phone to hack just as easily. Much easier to get those in prison. Could also have been a guards or wardens computer i guess.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 09:33:41 19-08-2016
  • Mola_Ram 19 Aug 2016 09:40:15 16,121 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I imagine Ray would have paid off guards to look the other way. He seemed to be a bit of an authority figure there.

But he had a dog too, which is a bit weird.
  • Tonka 19 Aug 2016 09:51:23 26,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I reckon Ray (can't we do away with spoilertagging BTW?) is a warden.

One of the two things the made me raise my eyebrows in the first two episodes was when Ray walked up at some trouble brewing at the basketball court and said "There's no trouble here is it" or some such. Everyone walked away. Much like a warden/guard walking up in prison I'd imagine.

I don't think Elliot is in there for hacking either. I think it's something to do with Tyrell. As for now I'm going to accept that everything that happened to Elliot *has* happened, just with a lick of paint.

The other thing that bugged me in episode 1 was the place where Elliot was eating. It seemed off. Like some institutional dining hall rather than a restaurant and lo and behold.

I still wouldn't have guessed the reveal if it wasn't for that article I read and it ruined it all for me. It gave the entire Elliot arc so far an annoying surreal touch. I was constantly thinking "Where is he really, how is this all working".

I mean, was the other sysadmin inside or outside? Who imagined his family if he was on the inside? Where did Elliot spend the night after getting the shit kicked out of him.

Go Angela I say. She is super cool this season. I worry she got a bit greedy at that directors meeting though. Only reason she got her way with Mr SoreThroat was because she had something he wanted. Will be very cool to see how it plays out in her new situation.

Also, Leon going stabby stabby... O.O
  • HarryB 19 Aug 2016 10:03:45 7,103 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm just pissed off it's released every week, I want to binge it!!
  • Mola_Ram 19 Aug 2016 10:10:51 16,121 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I guess him being a guard or warden makes sense. But it seems pretty dumb for him to have trusted Elliot with use of the computer. Maybe he wanted to get caught?
  • Load_2.0 19 Aug 2016 10:30:28 25,583 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Probably just convenient, the previous admin couldn't be trusted so they found another inmate with L33t skills and assumed they could control him with violence. Plus it looks like all the rest of the gang including Ray were kind of tech noobs.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Aug 2016 10:35:14 16,121 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I guess it depends on why Elliot was there. I doubt he was imprisoned because of anything to do with F Society (otherwise he wouldn't be getting released any time soon), so I guess it's possible that Ray didn't know anything about him other than "he can do computers".
  • YenRug 19 Aug 2016 16:22:15 4,478 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    I just wanted to give people a chance to watch the ep rather than spoiling it, scheduling is getting a little bit more fluid nowadays so I try to give it over a day before I post anything in the clear, that little snippet would have been quite an eye-opener for anyone who hadn't read the theories going around.
  • FrostPan 19 Aug 2016 17:36:02 1,362 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    FrostPan wrote:
    Really enjoyed the latest episode today. Definitely some off guard moments for me as well.

So thoughout this season, what exactly is Angela's game here? Could someone enlighten me on what I'm supposed to think of her as a character? I'm slightly confused.
    Angela's mum was killed in an accident created by E Corp when she was a child and she's had a grudge against them for that, particularly as they didn't hold themselves responsible. Her plans are basically to go against E Corp from within, restructuring how they handle similar cases in the future so nobody else has to go through what she did. The dilemma is that to advance herself that far into a position of power within the corporate hierarchy, she has had to let go some of her humanity and make hard decisions to show she's capable of running a big business.
    Thanks. I wasn't too sure about her, but now it makes sense for me.
  • Tonka 19 Aug 2016 19:39:00 26,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    I just wanted to give people a chance to watch the ep rather than spoiling it, scheduling is getting a little bit more fluid nowadays so I try to give it over a day before I post anything in the clear, that little snippet would have been quite an eye-opener for anyone who hadn't read the theories going around.
    Yeah, you are right. Always a good idea to give it a day or two.
  • Bambot 20 Aug 2016 13:37:39 822 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    David_Richardson wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    So, Ray, was he one of the guards, or possibly just a trusted prisoner who had access to a computer?
    That was one thing that stood out to me with the big reveal, which I otherwise loved. Even if Ray does exist, where would he have access to a computer from inside prison that would give him enough freedom to run a huge Silk Road-like operation? Or, more to the point, why would he be doing it from prison? With the size of the operation, surely he has people outside willing to do the migration instead? I can only assume there WAS a computer inside, as Elliot was also hacking the FBI at one stage. Why was a elite class computer hacker allowed access to a PC with no restrictions?
    I decided for myself that Ray is a guard. And probably quite a senior one. Possibly even the warden.
  • Bambot 20 Aug 2016 13:39:58 822 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I guess him being a guard or warden makes sense. But it seems pretty dumb for him to have trusted Elliot with use of the computer. Maybe he wanted to get caught?
    Did you not hear the bit where he pretty much says that he did indeed sort of wanted to get caught - admittedly, only after finding out for himself exactly what happens on his website, which he claimed to have only done after Elliot himself found out. But still. He does allude to wanting to be caught and that's why he put Elliot back on the computer.
  • Bambot 20 Aug 2016 13:41:59 822 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There's still plenty of episodes left. Can't be fully done with 'twists' yet. Any bets on what's left?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Wellick isn't dead, and Mr Robot lied to Elliot about that as a 'gesture of goodwill' to ease along the Elliot/Robot truce.
  • Mola_Ram 20 Aug 2016 15:24:45 16,121 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Did you not hear the bit where he pretty much says that he did indeed sort of wanted to get caught - admittedly, only after finding out for himself exactly what happens on his website, which he claimed to have only done after Elliot himself found out. But still. He does allude to wanting to be caught and that's why he put Elliot back on the computer.
    Well, if he wanted to get caught, he probably could have just done that after Elliot tricked him the first time. Rather than beating the guy half to death and locking him up in the basement.

Probably would have saved everyone some time.
  • smemma 20 Aug 2016 23:35:48 564 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Bambot he's been sending his wife gifts hasn't he? Really liked the idea at that point that not only is Elliot an unreliable narrator but also mr robot is feeding him lies to boot
  • FrostPan 26 Aug 2016 12:54:40 1,362 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The latest episode was quite interesting, albeit dull compared to the previous ones.

This episode illustrates for me that the fsociety crew are such dull characters. This is actually something I had a issue with since probably the first season.

I don't care about Darlene, the other girl seems ok, abd the big guy is annoying at times. Really I'm watching the show just for Elliot and Mr Robot.

And going back to the Angela thing: I'm definitely getting the impression now she no longer really cares about her mother's death and is kissing E Corp's ass to rise to the top? Given the self affirmations she's been listening to and criticising anyone who she considers to have an average job to her (only if the other person rebukes her for joining E-corp), her character is too much of an asshole to sympathise with.
  • YenRug 1 Sep 2016 23:12:09 4,478 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, we now know who Ray was, at last, interesting to see everything else about how he arrived in prison.

Did Tyrell's wife call him Ollie, or was that just her accent making it sound that way?
  • Vice.Destroyer 2 Sep 2016 09:21:57 7,080 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @YenRug I thought the very same thing.
  • Load_2.0 2 Sep 2016 09:49:02 25,583 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    That's because he introduced himself as Ollie the last time they met.

Anyway glad we are back on track, found the previous episode hard going. Just couldn't care less about, beardy, head scarf or his sister, they are so dull. Wish they hadn't spent so much time on them this season.
  • cowell 2 Sep 2016 10:13:17 1,314 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's had its very rare low points for me but I've really enjoyed this season, especially the last 3 or 4 episodes. 3 left to go....
  • Tonka 2 Sep 2016 10:31:18 26,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    Me three.I think it was the accent though. Or wait, was that how he introduced hiself to her last season?

Edited by Tonka at 10:31:41 02-09-2016
  • YenRug 2 Sep 2016 10:59:47 4,478 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Vice.Destroyer wrote:
    Me three.I think it was the accent though. Or wait, was that how he introduced hiself to her last season?
    Yep, already confirmed above, kind of explains my confusion, though. I have a weird mental block with people's names when they're introduced to me, doesn't matter how many times I get them to repeat their name it's literally in one ear and out the other; discovered a few weeks back that my father is the same, would be interesting to see if it's something similar to where people have a blindness for faces.

It's only when names are used in normal conversation that I start picking up on them, hence me failing to pick up on him calling himself Ollie but hearing it when she uses it in a greeting.
  • Vice.Destroyer 2 Sep 2016 11:01:48 7,080 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who do we think that Cisco saw on the floor? Answers in spoilers, please. I guess
  • Load_2.0 2 Sep 2016 11:55:21 25,583 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well it sounded like a person struggling to breathe, at first I thought it was the Lawyer forgot she had been cremated! So no idea who it will be

The Ollie thing did baffle me for a mo, because Ollie was Angela's BF so then I was wait is Elliot also Ollie? But that doesn't work.
  • Tonka 2 Sep 2016 13:00:43 26,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well it sounded like a couple engaged in sloppy French kissing so I'm guessing it's Nearly McBeardface and Mother Theresa going at it as if it's the end of the world
  • Mola_Ram 2 Sep 2016 13:04:22 16,121 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    Well it sounded like a person struggling to breathe, at first I thought it was the Lawyer forgot she had been cremated! So no idea who it will be

The Ollie thing did baffle me for a mo, because Ollie was Angela's BF so then I was wait is Elliot also Ollie? But that doesn't work.
    Ollie was the name of Angela's BF, but was also the name that Elliot introduced himself by, when he met Tyrell's wife last season.

As for the person Cisco saw... Tyrell, I guess? Nfi why he'd be there of all places, but I don't think for a second that he's dead like Robot said.
  • Mola_Ram 8 Sep 2016 13:27:39 16,121 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My oh my, that was rather tense.

Pretty sure Cisco is dead. It doesn't look good for Angela either, though I don't know how they could have possibly missed Elliot getting off the train.
  • Vice.Destroyer 8 Sep 2016 16:06:50 7,080 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just watched the episode. Two things I guess that are worth speculating. Speculations in spoilers, I guess.
    1) Do we think that Darlene or Cisco survived?

2) And do we think that Angela saw on the subway, after her chat with Elliott? I think there was a flicker of recognition on her face, so perhaps someone from E Corp? Or is that too far out there?
  • Vice.Destroyer 8 Sep 2016 16:08:10 7,080 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In answer to my own first question, I am leaning towards no. For the both of them.
  • Page

of 14 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.