• HarryB 12 Oct 2017 18:09:27 7,210 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I thought she was convincing!

Edited by HarryB at 18:09:52 12-10-2017
  • ZuluHero 12 Oct 2017 18:11:22 5,969 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tbh they even showed the Voight kampff test footage of Deckard interviewing Rachel so even through the technological blackout they still should have gotten her eye colour correct.
    I mean it's basically just a video of her eye! :)
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 12 Oct 2017 18:12:34 11,423 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah it was 100% better than the Peter Cushing abomination.
  • Vortex808 12 Oct 2017 18:13:05 11,743 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    anephric wrote:
    I thought it was Sean Young doing the voice as Young Rachael?
    I read somewhere, that that was indeed the case.

Older voice sounds a bit different perhaps? Sounded ok to me though.

Edited by Vortex808 at 18:14:13 12-10-2017
  • Jyzzy-Z 12 Oct 2017 18:24:37 2,379 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not her voice though she did some of the modeling.

Took a year to do. Was incredible.
  • elstoof 12 Oct 2017 19:35:26 18,870 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The voight kampff test footage was sound only, wasn’t it?
  • ZuluHero 12 Oct 2017 20:26:30 5,969 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dammit I'm going to have to rewatch it now!
  • rudedudejude 12 Oct 2017 23:05:07 2,343 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They didn't get her eyes wrong at all, that's the point, it was just his way of dismissing her, that she wasn't genuine.

Some great easter egg articles online about the movie, I recommend checking them out and the 3 shorts they made including the amine which clear a lot of things up, you can find them easily on YouTube.
  • Tomo 13 Oct 2017 01:24:45 15,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Watched this again tonight. I'm 3D this time, which tbh, didn't add much. It's a spectacular film. I absolutely love it.

Things wot I noticed this time:
    - RGos is really really good in this. Conveys a lot through facial expressions alone. I guess it's his 'thing' to an extent, but it really works as K.
    - The first meeting between K and Stelline is awesome. There are quite a few lines in there which are huge hints towards the rest of the plot. They are much more obvious on second viewing :D
    - Jared Leto is a bit more annoying second time round. A few lines seemed to be plucked out of nowhere. Also, when he first explains to Luv why he wants to find the child and his plans for mass production, it's a bit contrived as she probably already fucking knows all that.
    - When K is eating munchies and the woman with the patch asks the prozzies to check him out, it's not really clear why she suspects him. Minor thing but did make me wonder how she knew he was relevant to their cause.
    - on first viewing I initially thought the final scene might be a dream sequence and that they drowned in the car. Because K said "you're dead" or something. I still think you could probably come up with some way of making this work.
    - they wisely used CGI Rachel sparingly. It looks great but I'm glad they didn't use her for ages.
    - I'm still not really sure why Luv cries at certain points and not at others. She's got some sembelance of humanity in her but it's a lot less obvious than K or Joi.
    - Pace felt a LOT quicker second time round.
    - They do a terrible job of explaining the blackout. Falls to the bald janitor Wallace employs and kinda gets lost in the walking conversation. Seems a fairly important bit of info.
    - less bewwwwbs than I remember...
  • elstoof 13 Oct 2017 07:16:50 18,870 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tomo wrote:

- When K is eating munchies and the woman with the patch asks the prozzies to check him out, it's not really clear why she suspects him. Minor thing but did make me wonder how she knew he was relevant to their cause.
    Because the rebellion group thing planted the daughter’s memories in K after they disappeared
    her and ripped the pages out of the orphanage’s ledger etc. Also why he’s more human than other skinjobs, his memories are genuine

Tomo wrote:
    - on first viewing I initially thought the final scene might be a dream sequence and that they drowned in the car. Because K said "you're dead" or something. I still think you could probably come up with some way of making this work.
    It was pretty straightforward wasn’t it? He’s just saying you don’t need to run any more, they’ll think you’re dead.

Edited by elstoof at 07:55:39 13-10-2017
  • Tomo 13 Oct 2017 08:14:02 15,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh duh on the first point. I even realised that first time round. Long day :D

Second one, yep. I read a bit too much into it initially is all :)
  • HarryPalmer 13 Oct 2017 09:02:10 5,279 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think Luv crying is a cool little tic that makes here even more menacing, it also works as a way of hinting that she has some kind of repressed emotional torment related to being an assassin.
  • HarryPalmer 13 Oct 2017 09:05:00 5,279 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    rudedudejude wrote:
    They didn't get her eyes wrong at all, that's the point, it was just his way of dismissing her, that she wasn't genuine.

Some great easter egg articles online about the movie, I recommend checking them out and the 3 shorts they made including the amine which clear a lot of things up, you can find them easily on YouTube.
    Her eyes are green though, am I missing something?

EDIT: so her eyes appear to be brown - except on the VK where they are clearly green - very strange. I think your point is probably correct though.

Edited by HarryPalmer at 09:08:49 13-10-2017
  • beastmaster 15 Oct 2017 01:15:23 17,651 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just seen it. Meh! One of the most disappointing films of the year. Nowhere near as good as the original. Still a decent enough film though.
  • [maven] 15 Oct 2017 09:05:14 5,544 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:

EDIT: so her eyes appear to be brown - except on the VK where they are clearly green - very strange. I think your point is probably correct though.
    This may be related to a goof in the first film: Sean Young's eyes are brown, but the stand-in they used for the Voight-Kampff footage in Blade Runner had green eyes...
  • elstoof 15 Oct 2017 09:08:28 18,870 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still reeling from the realisation she’s Ray Finkle
  • Stranded87 15 Oct 2017 09:35:47 1,679 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    The bit at the end with Rachel was just cringeworthy and fairly badly done. You have the DNA - how do you get the eyes wrong? Let alone that the actress/CGI puppet looked and sounded nothing like her.
    I think it was the best example of that I've seen. In fact, having re-watched the original the day before the new one I still thought she looked and sounded almost identical - and any differences can more easily be excused by the fact that it's not actually her. Though that scene will probably age faster than most of the film.
  • ubergine 15 Oct 2017 10:07:32 7,531 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    [maven] wrote:
    HarryPalmer wrote:

This may be related to a goof in the first film: Sean Young's eyes are brown, but the stand-in they used for the Voight-Kampff footage in Blade Runner had green eyes...
    Sounds like it's more of a wink-wink easter egg for some and a not very important plot point point for everyone else. He rejects their clone because she isn't her.
  • Tuffty 15 Oct 2017 10:57:37 4,044 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's my take on it too. Doesn't really matter what eye color she has at the end of the day, Deckard knew it was just a clone and in essence, not the Rachel he fell in love with. Whether he was correct in saying the eye color was different or lying to dismiss Wallace's plan, doesn't matter because he was always going to reject her. Same with Joi, Kay was in love with that instance of her, anything else would be imitation.
  • beep 15 Oct 2017 11:11:59 505 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Enjoyed the film, but I also wouldn't have minded a story which wasn't so heavily connected to the first film.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2017 11:13:35 16,543 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wow, I never thought people would be hung up on the eye colour thing. I thought it looked fantastic. Sure, the illusion might have been broken if she'd been on screen for more than 30 seconds (because no matter how realistic it looks, you know it isn't really Sean Young), but what they had was well done imo.

And no, not going to bother with spoiler tags now. It's been out for more than a week.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 11:14:39 15-10-2017
  • HarryB 15 Oct 2017 11:57:09 7,210 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It was a much better cameo than the one in the force awakens ... Didnt find that to look real at all

I don't mean Harrison Ford

Edited by HarryB at 11:57:26 15-10-2017
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Oct 2017 12:18:29 11,423 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    All the way through I was thinking "that a really nice coat" and now an advert has just popped up on my Facebook trying to sell me his coat for $500. I think I'd be crossing several lines if I walked around in the coat from blade runner though.
  • Blurp 15 Oct 2017 12:21:40 1,076 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gosling only plays characters with cool coats.
  • JamboWayOh 15 Oct 2017 12:23:00 3,920 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    All the way through I was thinking "that a really nice coat" and now an advert has just popped up on my Facebook trying to sell me his coat for $500. I think I'd be crossing several lines if I walked around in the coat from blade runner though.
    Would definitely make any trip to the supermarket interesting at least. I'm on board.
  • JamboWayOh 15 Oct 2017 12:26:49 3,920 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Actually, while I loved the film I was dissapointed by the severe lack of saxamophone in the soundtrack.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Oct 2017 12:31:52 11,423 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It would make a great killing spree jacket when the time comes.
  • JamboWayOh 15 Oct 2017 12:38:57 3,920 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    It would make a great killing spree jacket when the time comes.
    /notes down Decks' comment in preparation for eventual police and tv interview.
  • Mola_Ram 15 Oct 2017 12:42:06 16,543 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BLADE RUNNER SHOOTS GIRLFRIEND, OTHERS IN REPLIKILL SPREE
  • chopsen 15 Oct 2017 12:48:09 19,970 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ha yeah I spent a lot of that film admiring that coat and wondering if I could pull off wearing it irl. Fairly certain I can't.

Still. 500 quid you say?
  • Page

of 26 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.