Nintendo Switch Page 915

• Page

of 935 First / Last

• DangerousDave_87 31 Dec 2017 10:16:20 3,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad I bet Rocket League was an unsuspecting culprit. Until I bought that, all but 1 of my games were under a gig in size.

Remember you can archive anything you're not likely to play again for a while. It'll uninstall the game, but leave the icon on the console so don't forget you actually own it.

And whilst Nintendo have occasionally removed software from the eShops on Wii, Wii U and 3DS, they have always made sure you can re-download anything you've previously paid for. Even if their licence to redistribute that software has expired.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 10:16:44 31-12-2017
  • macmurphy 31 Dec 2017 11:30:10 2,708 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Oxenfree is down to 5 bucks on US E shop. No idea what itís about but it reviewed well and Iíve taken a punt on this and Stardew Valley so I can have something to be going on with for New Year.

Going to close out the year with 20 games which is a bit ridiculous but Iíve still got a lot of Mario to do and all of Xenoblade, Oxenfree and Stardew Valley.

Decided against Tiny Metal in the end after a lot of mediocre reviews.

Should be able to stick to ten new games this year I hope, but I guess having a few in the backlog is cheating.
  • DangerousDave_87 31 Dec 2017 11:49:04 3,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's only cheating you're doing the challenge in order to cut down your gaming time or maximise how much enjoyment you can extract from a single game. I'm doing the challenge to try and ensure I don't overspend on games this year. I'm trying to save the pennies to make my move up north this year as pain-free as humanly possible.

I have bought so many games in the past 5-10 years that haven't even been opened. I would like to try and justify some of those purchases this year! If I can keep my spending down, I should have plenty of time to chip away at the backlog. :)
  • DangerousDave_87 31 Dec 2017 12:19:37 3,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Enter the Gungeon has apparently shifted 75,000 copies on Switch in just 2 weeks. For a game that's been hovering about and just outside of the top 10 on the download charts, it gives some idea as to how well some of the games in the top 10 must be selling. Rocket League must be making a killing.

Edit - Can't wait for the chart companies to start listing digital games in their charts. It would create so much more visibility for these smaller budget games, regardless of platform.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 12:20:50 31-12-2017
  • macmurphy 31 Dec 2017 12:57:04 2,708 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rocket league is unbelievably good.

Deserves all the sales it gets.
  • CompetitiveDad 31 Dec 2017 14:07:03 7,473 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87 I think the purchase of Fifa has tipped me over the edge! I'm not even sure how big Rocket League actually is. Think I'll just curb my spending and complete some games rather that buy more games to just sit on a bigger memory card.
  • CompetitiveDad 31 Dec 2017 14:07:41 7,473 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    macmurphy wrote:

Sure is. Amazing game.

It can look like turd at times though

Edited by CompetitiveDad at 12:59:23 01-01-2018
  • brigadier 1 Jan 2018 09:24:47 1,003 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I decided to do a massive review roundup of all the games I missed reviewing at the time of release, mostly physical releases. Not massively in depth reviews but overall general impressions. I only did it as a video. I'm usually too self conscious to post videos on here where I'm physically in it, but hey ho. Happy new year! A celebration of the fantastic first year of the Switch.

I'm already embarrassed by that thumbnail. Sorry!
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Jan 2018 10:15:56 30,881 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone aware of any decent January deals knocking about for the Switch? Think I might take the plunge for the right price.
  • THFourteen 2 Jan 2018 10:25:15 46,889 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes

Dunno about this place but if you dare

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pre-order-nintendo-switch-console-22399-awaiting-stock-nintendo-switch-neon-legend-of-zelda-mario-vs-rabbids-kingdom-battle-27999-with-code-studio-2869352

Also Tesco direct doing a £310 for console plus two mario games iirc
  • Krip 2 Jan 2018 10:40:09 18 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Has anyone else got an 8bitdo SFC30 pro controller and found that the rumble is way too powerful and very noisy? Tried setting it to low for Mario Odyssey but not really made much difference and ended up switching vibration off. Wondering whether there is firmware I need to update for the controller or if it's just a faulty one... Some reviews said they were noisy but this seems way too much.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Jan 2018 10:42:45 30,881 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @THFourteen Cheers, that's definitely the sort of price I'm liking, but that does sound somewhat dodgy...
  • Mfolf 2 Jan 2018 10:47:06 1,836 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    @THFourteen Cheers, that's definitely the sort of price I'm liking, but that does sound somewhat dodgy...
    Bare (is it bear?!) in mind that Nintendo games cost a bloody fortune so youíre probably best getting a bundle deal if possible.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 2 Jan 2018 11:01:52 1,562 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    It's bear in mind.
  • DangerousDave_87 2 Jan 2018 11:28:53 3,133 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I always have bears in mind.
  • TenderChicken 2 Jan 2018 11:39:04 3,494 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm about five hours into Zelda so far. I'm enjoying it, but it looks pretty rough coming from the Xbox One.

I'm still struggling with the A and B placements on the control! I'm enjoying the JoyCons more than I thought - they're really good when playing Odyssey.
  • ModoX 2 Jan 2018 11:40:07 3,024 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    macmurphy wrote:

Sure is. Amazing game.

It can look like turd at times though
    It can indeed, but I also agree. I was almost going to get rid of my Switch but because of Rocket League I've played it more in December than any month since I bought it (March time). Already own the bloody thing on Xbox and didn't touch it after about 8 hours, but I'm addicted on the Switch, it's a great platform for it.

I mostly play competitive even though I'm shit at it (properly shit, you have no idea) - it has the same problems as all competitive multiplayer games, e.g. lag and quitters, and occasional matchmaking snafus (or often it looks like smurf accounts destroying me). But regardless, it's loads of fun.
  • GuybrushThreepwood 2 Jan 2018 11:48:48 1,562 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Got Rocket League over the Christmas and my eldest and I had a lot of fun with it playing against each other. We were both clueless as to the controls and what you're supposed to do, but it was fun which is the main thing. It did look dire a few times on horizontal split screen on the TV, but no worse than games I've played in the past. Main thing was it was fun.
  • mangojoe 2 Jan 2018 12:34:07 1,633 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Krip wrote:
    Has anyone else got an 8bitdo SFC30 pro controller and found that the rumble is way too powerful and very noisy? Tried setting it to low for Mario Odyssey but not really made much difference and ended up switching vibration off. Wondering whether there is firmware I need to update for the controller or if it's just a faulty one... Some reviews said they were noisy but this seems way too much.
    Same issue . The vibration is awful . Could an update even sort it?
  • Duffking 2 Jan 2018 12:35:27 15,149 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Krip update the firmware, it fixes the loud rumble.
  • the_milkybar_kid 2 Jan 2018 15:33:57 6,268 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm really struggling to get into Mario. Up to Metro City but it's been very little challenge, in fact the only thing I've struggled with is the twitchy controls. Just feels a bit pointless stumbling upon moons rather than having challenges to get them. That said the lad loves watching it and pressing jump when I prompt him so it's worth it just for that.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 15:34:42 02-01-2018
  • Phattso 2 Jan 2018 15:35:58 22,280 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    I'm really struggling to get into Mario. Up to Metro City but it's been very little challenge, in fact the only thing I've struggled with is the twitchy controls. Just feels a bit pointless stumbling upon moons rather than having challenges to get them. That said the lad loves watching it and pressing jump when I prompt him so it's worth it just for that.
    Without giving too much away, if you can stick it out to the end it does get more challenging in interesting ways.

That said, a couple of peeps have come before you and all declared the game bollocks for its lack of challenge even in the endgame. I think they're bananas, but if you're feeling that way you might wanna write it off and sell it on if you can.
  • JoelStinty 2 Jan 2018 15:44:01 6,024 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Seems there a lot of rumours now for a Jan 11th Direct. Normally i would just shrug my shoulders but a couple of the 'insiders' on resetera whom traditionally have a decent record have said that they have at least heard there was one originally scheduled for that that date.
  • whatfruitlivesagain 2 Jan 2018 15:52:19 672 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @the_milkybar_kid I have felt the same way. I have hit the end and am currently in the post game content. I have hit the first endgame milestone but feel very little motivation to carry on.

I feel like the game is just giving me busy work rather than a genuine challenge.

It's been an enjoyable game but I think I will sell/trade it soon while the value is still high.

Edited by whatfruitlivesagain at 15:57:41 02-01-2018
  • Frogofdoom 2 Jan 2018 16:05:27 6,528 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If either of you fancy getting rid I will buy it from you as I will probably grab it within the next few days.
  • the_milkybar_kid 2 Jan 2018 16:05:39 6,268 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Phattso I'll stick with it for sure. Just feel quite disappointed given how much people were fawning over it. I like the new mechanics it introduces and how it uses them in each level, but getting moons doesn't feel like an achievement like 64 did.
  • Phattso 2 Jan 2018 16:11:53 22,280 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ...yet. :) . Also worth noting that there are vastly MORE in this than 64. I'd say about the same number are genuinely challenging.

But yeah, it's different. I was fawning over it because I love digging up moons all over the shop. There are some really interesting ones to find. It's not as overt a 'course' to many of them, so if that's ultimately all you desire then you're probably gonna be disappointed.
  • the_milkybar_kid 2 Jan 2018 16:25:27 6,268 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I like what you're saying mate. I'll stick by it.
  • ecu 2 Jan 2018 16:42:32 80,245 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    Without giving too much away, if you can stick it out to the end it does get more challenging in interesting ways.

That said, a couple of peeps have come before you and all declared the game bollocks for its lack of
    challenge even in the endgame. I think they're bananas, but if you're feeling that way you might wanna write it off and sell it on if you can.
    Everyone has different levels of skill. Iíve been fairly critical of it, even though I did enjoy it for the most part. But for me itís the weakest of the 3D Mario games. There are 880 moons in the game and for me, less than 20 of them represented any level of challenge whatsoever. But still, even if youíre not loving the game I would recommend seeing it through to the end.
  • Phattso 2 Jan 2018 16:46:46 22,280 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Either you're magestically full of shit, or you're some sort of savant. To say that 860 of those moons didn't represent any level of challenge whatsoever for you? Yeah. No. :)

But I take the point that to someone that is a twitch gamer, this is probably too far on the 'accessible' end of the spectrum. Absolutely.
  • Page

of 935 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.