The Anime Appreciation Thread Page 8

• Page

of 12 First / Last

• FanBoysSuck 22 Sep 2016 12:53:36 1,626 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flipping heck Kissanime has everything! I'm still going to use Crunchyroll where I can (you know, so the studios actually get money for what they do) but I'm glad there's a way to catch stuff otherwise unavailable unless you fancy arsing about with torrents.

I'm glad I checked it out on my phone and not my work computer!
  • Rivuzu 22 Sep 2016 12:54:38 15,567 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's also kisscartoon for western stuff.

Works via flash player, so it'll work on most phones, PC's, tablets, PS4, etc.
  • Ror 22 Sep 2016 12:58:50 14,408 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It even has Sega Hard Girls :o
  • frightlever 22 Sep 2016 14:14:56 1,371 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    There's also kisscartoon for western stuff.

Works via flash player, so it'll work on most phones, PC's, tablets, PS4, etc.
    Had a look at the two of them. Good find!
  • FrostPan 22 Sep 2016 15:55:55 1,183 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ror wrote:Code Geass has been on the list for a while. But it's a long list. Will have a look at that site later on.
    Move Code Geass to the top of the list :D
    Easily gripping from the start.

Yeah, Code Geass is currently not on Crunchyroll, but it's on Netflix (just season 1) if you have it. Otherwise I would direct to Kissanime (at least you can watch both seasons).
  • FrostPan 27 Sep 2016 23:31:28 1,183 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished Kill La Kill yesterday. Oh boy, the middle arc was just the worst. Had to leave it for a few days before I could bother watching the rest. But thankfully the last set of episodes made up for it (A LOT) and were really, really good. Those poor episodes should have been cut imo and it would have made the show much more consistant. Watched someone's Youtube review of it earlier today and he had the same sentiments as mine.

But enjoyed it overall though and comes with a (loose) recommendation.
  • pacrifice 27 Sep 2016 23:34:58 4,022 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Annie-May.

Everybody's watching Annie-May.
  • FrostPan 27 Sep 2016 23:36:54 1,183 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I love her.
  • FrostPan 29 Sep 2016 13:00:57 1,183 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Watching Death Note again. The second arc of the show is not as bad as I remembered it to be. And usually I watch my anime in sub but used to watch this show in dub, and it is still superb.

Wanna watch the live-action films again.
  • convz 11 Oct 2016 22:35:32 1,032 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How do the live action films compare?

Also aren't they releasing a Western version soon?
  • Ror 11 Oct 2016 23:30:39 14,408 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's been a while since I watched the live action DN films, but I remember them being alright. Pretty condensed, obviously, but still decent enough. Might have to give them another watch soon actually, it's been years since I did.

Don't bother with the L film though.
  • FrostPan 11 Oct 2016 23:43:01 1,183 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @convz

They are good films and I would recommend to anyone who has seen the anime to definitely give the films a go. They were adapted into two films, titled: Death Note and Death Note: The Last Name.

There were some significant changes done to the plot, which resulted in my opinion a better ending than the anime's, and I felt Light's character was a bit more sympathetic in the live-action films than in the anime/manga. I also liked some of the other changes they also did, like the sympathetic set-up on when Light first comes into contact with the notebook.

There is also a spin-off film that came out after those films, but didn't bother watching it. Coincidentally, there is another spin-off film that is coming out in Japan later this month. But since they are spin-off films, they really don't have much of my attention.

There is indeed a western adaption coming. Next year and it will be on Netflix. It's already been stated that it will a different take on the series, so I'm going to keep an open-mind that it is not meant to faithful to the original story at all. The only interesting news that has come out of it since is that Willem Dafoe will be playing as Ryuk...

Edited by FrostPan at 23:45:38 11-10-2016
  • convz 14 Oct 2016 16:58:05 1,032 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sounds great, thanks Frost! I have to say on a second re-watch of the anime it surprised me how quickly Light turned from having good intentions to wanting to play god and rule the world, glad he's a bit more sympathetic in the live-action films!
  • Mageme 14 Oct 2016 19:13:35 2,167 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If anyone is a Makoto Shinkai fan like me, his latest film Your Name is getting the UK cinema treatment. Showings from end of next month in selected cinemas.

http://thepeoplesmovies.com/2016/08/makoto-shinkais-name-get-limited-uk-cinema-release/
  • GarlVinland 14 Oct 2016 22:32:23 1,380 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Recently discovered what nendoroids are after going to the EG expo and buying those damn mystery goodie boxes. Holy crap I'm going to go broke buying these things!

Already got three even though I've never seen any of the animes; Celty from Durarara, Mikasa from Attack on Titan, and Makise from Steins;Gate. No idea who any of them are but the character designs are cool as hell and I've been told all three series are great. Anyone own any of these things and got some cool characters?
  • Graxlar_v2 14 Oct 2016 23:15:22 5,350 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @GarlVinland go watch steins gate (or better yet play the vita visual novel)!!!

Anyway bungo stray dogs is back for season 2 \o/
  • FrostPan 15 Oct 2016 18:03:28 1,183 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @convz He's still essentially a crazed psychopath in the live-action films like the manga/anime, but there are some scenes you can tell he can be 'human' at times, which hardly was seen in the manga/anime. It's quite well done. And the actors that play Light and L perform greatly with their roles.

In regards to the re-watch of the anime, I know what you mean. Pretty insane he was very early on.
  • convz 19 Oct 2016 21:43:31 1,032 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That sounds great good, thank you FrostPan! :D Looking forward to watching it when I get a chance.

btw, completely off topic but nice name GarlVinland!
  • Ror 20 Oct 2016 12:09:53 14,408 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @GarlVinland Days late, but do what Grax says and play Steins;Gate!! The anime is not in any way a substitute IMO.
  • myiagros 20 Oct 2016 12:46:38 1,377 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mageme wrote:
    If anyone is a Makoto Shinkai fan like me, his latest film Your Name is getting the UK cinema treatment. Showings from end of next month in selected cinemas.

http://thepeoplesmovies.com/2016/08/makoto-shinkais-name-get-limited-uk-cinema-release/
    Awesome, thanks, would have completely missed this without your post, and showing at my local cinema.
  • Ror 20 Oct 2016 13:27:40 14,408 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ooh, it's showing at my local as well.
  • GarlVinland 20 Oct 2016 13:40:58 1,380 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @convz :)

Crap, I already started Steins;Gate, not only that but the missus started it at the same time and is racing ahead, and she does not know the meaning of 'no spoilers'!

Is the game worth playing if I've finished the anime already?

Edited by GarlVinland at 13:41:34 20-10-2016
  • Ror 20 Oct 2016 14:10:21 14,408 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Absolutely, yes.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 24 Oct 2016 04:34:39 12,407 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Never realized there was another anime thread on here. Allow me to recommend Mob Psycho 100 to anyone who was a fan of One Punchman.
  • myiagros 24 Nov 2016 17:38:11 1,377 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Going to see Your Name at the cinema tonight. Lovely.

That is all.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 24 Nov 2016 17:57:38 6,440 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Had a re-watch of Cowboy Bebop now that it's on Netflix.

Some of the scenes are still so beautifully drawn. They don't make em like they used to.
  • oldschoolsoviet 24 Nov 2016 18:22:39 6,164 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ajin S2 should be available sub/dub on Netflix from the 27th Dec if I remember.

Certainly been brillant in a really strong season, along with March Comes In Like A Lion, Haikyuu!!, Poco's Udon World, The Great Passage, and the utter gayness of Yuri!!! On Ice.

And enjoy Your Name, it's fantastic !
  • FrostPan 24 Nov 2016 21:04:15 1,183 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Subscribed to Crunchyroll recently for the first time. So far, so good \o/
  • FrostPan 27 Nov 2016 14:36:15 1,183 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Code Geass Sequel & Anime Compilation Film Trilogy announced \o/

The next project is a sequel titled Code Geass: Fukkatsu no Lelouch (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection), but the announcement did not reveal the format of the project. The story takes place several years after Lelouch's "Zero Requiem" plan. (SPOILERS if you not seen the series!) Lelouch himself from the previous anime, and not an alternate dimension version or clone, will be in the new project.

The three-part film series will recap all 50 episodes of the original Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion series and the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2 sequel series. The cast are re-recording all their lines for the films, and the films will include new scenes. The first film will open in 2017.
    What a bombshell!

I know the ending to season 2 was a perfect end to the whole series as it was, but I'm still HYPED!
    MY FAVOURITE ANIME GETTING A SEQUEL \o/ after NINE years.

And I'm definitely down watching the films \o/
    Will be interesting to see what the new scenes will be.

Edited by FrostPan at 14:52:51 27-11-2016
  • oldschoolsoviet 29 Nov 2016 16:44:15 6,164 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Code Geass.....meh.

But Kekkai Sensen S2 ? Yup, yup, yup. 2017 has become "the sequel year", with AoT, OPM, Shouwa Rakugo, and probably others I've forgotten.

Also quietly hoping the hints dropped after the recent Animator Expo Patlabor 'reboot' develop into something substantial.
  • Page

of 12 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.