The Pope Page 19

• Page

of 24 First / Last

• DaM 16 Feb 2013 21:55:07 13,524 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I don't think anyone's accusing him of actual Saviling. That's not the sort of thing you get from the Hitler Youth, it's all honour and valour.
  • elstoof 16 Feb 2013 21:58:09 8,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I guess I just see it that nonces are the problem, and having more, higher profile ones is not much of a solution.
  • Deleted user 16 February 2013 21:59:37
    I reckon the Pope was some kind of supernonce. Cardinals would wander into his office and find him re-enacting Keith Harris and Orville, one on each arm.
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 22:05:42 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @meme

see i would've thought Cuddles would've made an appearance there. i never trusted that monkey and his irrational hatred of that duck.....ahhh now i get it....CUDDLES!!! why didn't you let someone know?!!

edit:spelling

Edited by riceNpea at 22:06:05 16-02-2013
  • Kostabi 16 Feb 2013 22:18:56 5,086 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wouldn't surprise me if the Vatican was some kind of super nonce brothel for world leaders.
  • Dirtbox 16 Feb 2013 22:21:08 79,170 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think more damage will be done long term if they find out it's financial corruption, but having a nonce exposed is obviously immeasurably better than letting him bum away to his heart's content.

ed: Actually now I think about it, I'm not so sure. If he was a nonce then that would cause a slow death for priest schools.

That's only if there's any truth to any of this. But the worst case scenario could be the end of the Catholic church. And good fucking riddance tbh. Stupid guilt-based religion.

Edited by Dirtbox at 22:26:51 16-02-2013

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 22:47:36 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Dirtbox

the end of the Catholic Church, the biggest fucking religion in the world, would leave a vacuum behind that i shudder to think how it will be filled.

there will be a global shit storm and i fear holy wars a plenty. maybe i'm being overly pessimistic (you think?!-ED) (i'm pretending i write for a mag, tee hee) but i don't see things ending well if the excrement slams into the spinning ventilator.
  • Moot_Point 16 Feb 2013 22:51:15 4,594 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @riceNpea Islam would replace it as the largest religion in the world.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• disusedgenius 16 Feb 2013 22:52:31 5,609 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Less being pessimistic and more making little sense. Holy wars? Really?
  • Kostabi 16 Feb 2013 22:55:50 5,086 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's more chance of the Vatican being turned into a new Ikea than a Catholic gang going on a crusade. For whatever reason the Roman Catholics seem to lack that conviction which leads to bomb pants and planes dropping out of the sky.
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 22:56:44 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    do you think the break down of a religion will happen quietly and smoothly? do you think Catholics don't have extremists? it may not be world war 3 but i don't think, if it were to happen, that it will be bloodless.

all hyperthetical of course and i'll be more then happy to be wrong.
  • disusedgenius 16 Feb 2013 22:57:37 5,609 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Catholic countries are all pretty poor anyway. Maybe Brazil fancy a shot at invading the heretics?
  • disusedgenius 16 Feb 2013 23:04:18 5,609 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    riceNpea wrote:
    do you think the break down of a religion will happen quietly and smoothly?
    Are you trying to say that there will be a single, binary moment where there'll be no Catholic faith or something? I mean, I can read the words you're typing and everything, but they just seem like vapid nonsense.
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 23:06:01 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @disusedgenius

if they team up with the Mexicans it will be like 9/11 times a hundred.

yes, 91,100

all the worst parts of the bible
  • disusedgenius 16 Feb 2013 23:08:01 5,609 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who the fuck are 'they'?
  • LockeTribal 16 Feb 2013 23:11:39 4,539 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    riceNpea wrote:
    Are you trying to say that there will be a single, binary moment where there'll be no Catholic faith or something? I mean, I can read the words you're typing and everything, but they just seem like vapid nonsense.
    Yeah i'm wondering this too. Do people imagine that if the hierarchy of the catholic church turn out to be a bunch of nonces or embezzlers that all catholics will just go "fuck this shit, let's not be catholics any more"? Really?
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 23:13:26 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    riceNpea wrote:
    hmmm i'm not sure i can help you. you seem to have caught a bad case of chutzpah. maybe if you phrased your request in a less brusque fashion i'd feel inclined to answer.

you know what, don't bother. i'm inclined to conclude you're indifferent to my elucidation.

can we still be friends :-)
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 23:17:43 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @LockeTribal

well admittedly i got all worse case scenario there for a while and i was imagining that the collapse of top echelons of the Catholic Church could potentially lead to mass hysteria amongst devout catholics and ultimately (and disastrously) result in huge social turmoil on a global scale.

what can i say, i'm a fantasist but thank you for pulling me up on it nicely.
  • LockeTribal 16 Feb 2013 23:20:43 4,539 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @riceNpea no worries ;-)
  • Mola_Ram 16 Feb 2013 23:24:00 8,253 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LockeTribal wrote:
    disusedgenius wrote:
    riceNpea wrote:
    Yeah i'm wondering this too. Do people imagine that if the hierarchy of the catholic church turn out to be a bunch of nonces or embezzlers that all catholics will just go "fuck this shit, let's not be catholics any more"? Really?
    Seems like some atheists have been waiting for that for some time.

Hope they like waiting.
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 23:34:50 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    i wonder if what it would be like if it were the head of the Islamic church under this kind of scrutiny (not neccessarily these allegations). do you think anyone would ever find out in the first place? is it more difficult to even question Islam? is Islam a 'better' religion in term of how it's run and taught?
  • Kostabi 16 Feb 2013 23:41:15 5,086 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd imagine it's easier to bury unfavourable stories in the major Islamic countries due to the amount of state owned television and newspaper outlets.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Feb 2013 23:43:09 8,253 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There is no head of church in Islam. Nor is there a centralised, organised "church", for that matter. Any scandals would probably be confined to local mosques and imams, if there were any. You couldn't have a global cover-up.
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 23:46:38 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Kostabi

yeah i can see that could be the case. i'd love to know though if it is inherently less corrupt then Catholicism. not that it really matters to me, i'm a Scientologist and a vulcanologist so it's win, win.
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 23:49:58 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Mola_Ram

i had no idea. thank you
  • Dirtbox 17 Feb 2013 00:57:26 79,170 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    riceNpea wrote:
    @Dirtbox

the end of the Catholic Church, the biggest fucking religion in the world, would leave a vacuum behind that i shudder to think how it will be filled.

there will be a global shit storm and i fear holy wars a plenty. maybe i'm being overly pessimistic (you think?!-ED) (i'm pretending i write for a mag, tee hee) but i don't see things ending well if the excrement slams into the spinning ventilator.
    People wouldn't jump on another religious bandwagon, they're more likely to choose agnosticism.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• riceNpea 17 Feb 2013 01:14:46 592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Dirtbox

at the time i was thinking that the shift in the balance of religious power may have serious repercussions. i was painting a doomsday scenario because in my mind all things religious don't follow 'normal' rules of nature and physics but rather the quantum variety that in essence means anything that can happen, does happen. God i'm confusing myself now.
  • brokenkey 17 Feb 2013 11:48:54 7,154 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    riceNpea wrote:
    @Kostabi

yeah i can see that could be the case. i'd love to know though if it is inherently less corrupt then Catholicism. not that it really matters to me, i'm a Scientologist and a vulcanologist so it's win, win.
    the downside of having no single head of Islam is it leaves plenty of room for others to pervert the main message by highlighting just the extreme bits. I think I'd rather have corruption than stoning.

Edited by brokenkey at 11:50:11 17-02-2013

Edited by brokenkey at 14:31:15 17-02-2013

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• Inertia 17 Feb 2013 12:03:18 677 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @riceNpea

I hate to update you but "the quantum variety" is modern physics which models the "rules of nature" as best it can. And as far as the mathematics goes it has very little to say about belief systems and their substitutions in homo sapiens.

The confusion lies in extending one theory into a wild speculation and then saying anything goes. Also history is a better guide than science as Russia outlawed their Christian orthodoxy in the 20th century.
  • Page

of 24 First / Last