The Pope Page 16

• Page

of 24 First / Last

• Deleted user 17 September 2010 21:40:26
    Yes, we already know you're too thick to do it yourself (or indeed just glance down the page a bit), no need to highlight it.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 21:41:28
    I'm not sure what people are getting upset about. It's a reglion, he's their head. Leave them to it. Ignore it.
  • Carlo 17 Sep 2010 21:41:47 17,948 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh look, the puppy is following me too!

Can I keep him? Does he shit on the carpet?

PSN ID: Djini

• Dirtbox 17 Sep 2010 21:44:16 77,475 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just got a call from the pope, he said "Do us all a favour carlo, you thick fuck."

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• ronuds 17 Sep 2010 21:44:20 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What I find funny is that people are upset about his stances against certain things.

Ummm, he worships the Bible and it says to act a certain way. How dumb would he look to his people if he came out and took a stance that was opposite of the Bible's teachings? Yet everyone's all, "you should condone pre-marital sex with condoms!" :D
  • Carlo 17 Sep 2010 21:44:31 17,948 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AltCtrlDelete wrote:
    I'm not sure what people are getting upset about. It's a reglion, he's their head. Leave them to it. Ignore it.
    Its just him saying the voice of religion is being marginalised when in fact it's just being ignored.

Its just a lie, and more and more peop,e are starting to realise it, that's why religion feels 'marginalised'.

Plus it being a great place for kiddie-fiddlers it seems.

• ronuds 17 Sep 2010 21:47:39 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Smuggo wrote:
    I don't think the bible mentions condoms at all Ronunds.

I know. He's against condoms because they prevent the spreading of seeds, which is against the Bible's teachings.

See?
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 21:48:38
    The bible is the only book where a woman, in the history of women has a baby without the sex!

Amazing, amazing.

Not even a quickie, nothing.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 21:50:26
    AltCtrlDelete wrote:
    The bible is the only book where a woman, in the history of women has a baby without the sex!

No it isn't. There's a Barbara Cartland novel where it happens too, I swear it.
  • Deckard1 17 Sep 2010 21:52:38 27,217 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AltCtrlDelete wrote:

Calling atheists nazis? Covering up paedophilia? Racism? Homophobia?

Fuck him and fuck the entire vatican. Its a symbol of everything thatís wrong in the world.
  • Carlo 17 Sep 2010 21:54:14 17,948 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In the interest of fairness, we can't single out Christian religions only.

Fuck the lot of them off.

• Deleted user 17 September 2010 21:54:20
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Covering up paedophilia? Racism? Homophobia?

Its a symbol of everything thatís wrong in the world.

You're describing 4chan pretty well there too.
  • InfiniteFury 17 Sep 2010 21:57:09 864 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    What I find funny is that people are upset about his stances against certain things.

Ummm, he worships the Bible and it says to act a certain way. How dumb would he look to his people if he came out and took a stance that was opposite of the Bible's teachings? Yet everyone's all, "you should condone pre-marital sex with condoms!" :D

Considering the Catholic Church reverses or reinterprets it's stance on Biblical "truth" at any point where the moral zeitgest gets away from it - threatening it's authority - maybe it would be splendidly fucking nice of them to do it now rather than in 50-100 years. When it might actually help people now rather than serving as a means for self-perpetuation.

100 years from now, gays are cool as fuck with Jesus don't you doubt it. The Bible has enough clauses to bail out any historical moral unpleasantness. It's the currency of survival and they'll find a way.

GOD BLESS THE POPE.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:00:19
    Without wishing to cause an argument, scientific method isn't above reversing or reinterpreting itself. Admittedly usually when something gets proven colossally wrong or stupid, but still, the Catholic Church would be massively worse if it had just remained static for the past 1500 years or so.
  • ronuds 17 Sep 2010 22:00:37 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I don't doubt that - once their stances start hurting membership enough, I'm sure they'll come around. But it is what it is currently.

• Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:01:01
    meme wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Covering up paedophilia? Racism? Homophobia?

Its a symbol of everything thatís wrong in the world.

You're describing 4chan pretty well there too.
    Or, just the internet.
  • ronuds 17 Sep 2010 22:03:04 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Name one company, country or business who had a paedo in their ranks and shouted it to the world. "Hey, look at us - we've got paedos!!! Do business with us! Love us!"

Listen to yourselves!

• Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:04:07
    meme wrote:
    Without wishing to cause an argument, scientific method isn't above reversing or reinterpreting itself. Admittedly usually when something gets proven colossally wrong or stupid, but still, the Catholic Church would be massively worse if it had just remained static for the past 1500 years or so.
    I thought the fundamental point of the scientific method was that scientific theories can never be proved, only disproved.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:04:13
    ronuds wrote:
    Name one company, country or business who had a paedo in their ranks and shouted it to the world. "Hey, look at us - we've got paedos!!! Do business with us! Love us!"

If you consider them a company, country or business, again, 4chan.

Seriously, I reckon 4chan actually is the Catholic Church in disguise.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:05:04
    mowgli wrote:
    meme wrote:
    I thought the fundamental point of the scientific method was that scientific theories can never be proved, only disproved.

I know. I was just making the point that everything moves on with time. It wasn't a defence or an attack on anything in particular.
  • Dirtbox 17 Sep 2010 22:05:39 77,475 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Except it's open and revelling in everything that the CC is in tight lipped denial about.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:06:34
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Except it's open and revelling in everything that the CC is in tight lipped denial about.

It's the Out version of the CC.

4Chan is a trip to the Blue Oyster dressed in leathers. CC is cottaging and gloryholing.
  • Carlo 17 Sep 2010 22:06:56 17,948 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    The Catholic Church would be massively worse if it had just remained static for the past 1500 years or so.

They still think some dude called Jesus is the son of God and lived on earth after being born from a virgin, and that god exists.

And people can speak to God (and he speaks to us) O_o

• Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:07:48
    Shhh, adults speaking.
  • ronuds 17 Sep 2010 22:08:18 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meme wrote:
    ronuds wrote:

If you consider them a company, country or business, again, 4chan.

Hell yes the Catholic Church is a business!

I just don't see what everyone gets so riled up about, and I'm not Catholic and I don't particular agree with the Catholic Church. I say let them do their thing and I'll do mine.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:08:22
    meme wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    meme wrote:

I know. I was just making the point that everything moves on with time. It wasn't a defence or an attack on anything in particular.
    I was agreeing with you and just extending your point.
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:11:11
    mowgli wrote:
    meme wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    meme wrote:

I was agreeing with you and just extending your point.

Oh. Well. Hi-five! o/
  • Deleted user 17 September 2010 22:11:48
    \o !
  • heyyo 17 Sep 2010 22:13:15 14,374 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Going to view him tomorrow, see what all this religion fuss is about.
  • Page

of 24 First / Last