The Pope Page 2

• Page

of 24 First / Last

• Peekaboo 1 Apr 2005 07:55:30 152 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    Prop him up on a stick, keep the flies off him and no-one will notice for years. Sorted.
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2005 08:03:34 34,851 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Peekaboo wrote:
    Prop him up on a stick, keep the flies off him and no-one will notice for years. Sorted.
    Yea that's a useful comment. tard!
  • Peekaboo 1 Apr 2005 08:08:45 152 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tard ? No, entitled to my own "think for yourself don't be so naive to believe in a religion that has spent years streaming bullshit down peoples throats for it's own gain" opinion ? Most definitely. Sad thing is mate, not everyone needs their hand held through life.
  • MacSam 1 Apr 2005 08:10:32 210 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How is that a sad thing?
  • Scimarad 1 Apr 2005 08:11:40 8,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I think religion is stupid waste of time that has wasted more lives than anything else but I still think your comment was a tad heartless...
  • Lutz 1 Apr 2005 08:13:48 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And regardless of your own beliefs why make a daft comment about the figure head of a religion with many followers? Why not just say "let's parade his corpse around the city in a stick" and have done with it? Not very respectful.

I agree with what you're saying about religion, I feel very similar myself, but I've got respect enough for people not to knock their beliefs or take the piss out them.

Arnold J. Rimmer (BSc, SSc): "Everyone's entitled to their beliefs, Lister. I never agreed with my parents' religion, but I wouldn't dream of knocking it."
  • Peekaboo 1 Apr 2005 08:13:55 152 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    Never said I was a nice person, I tell it as I see it. Some like it, some don't but if we where all the same then the world would be incredibly boring.

Edit -Lutz -Why make a thread about a bloke many people don't give a fuck about and not expect people to express their opinions ? works both ways.

Edited by Peekaboo at 07:15:00 01-04-2005
  • Scimarad 1 Apr 2005 08:18:47 8,536 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just makes you sound like an immature twat, that's all.
  • Lutz 1 Apr 2005 08:21:40 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Peekaboo wrote:
    Edit -Lutz -Why make a thread about a bloke many people don't give a fuck about and not expect people to express their opinions ? works both ways.
    So you think this is OK?

Thread creator: "The pope is dying... :( I am sad about this"
    Other people: "Yes, me too"
    You: "Good, the guy is a idiot and I don't like him or what he stands for"

If you think that's OK you have some SERIOUS respect issues, and you're a troll.
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2005 08:25:37 34,851 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Peekaboo wrote:
    Tard ? No, entitled to my own "think for yourself don't be so naive to believe in a religion that has spent years streaming bullshit down peoples throats for it's own gain" opinion ? Most definitely. Sad thing is mate, not everyone needs their hand held through life.
    That was not an opinion mate it was an insult!
    And if you think that of the Catholic Church then you have clearly no clue about the religion at all.

Edited by BartonFink at 07:43:58 01-04-2005
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2005 08:31:54 34,851 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Peekaboo wrote:
    Never said I was a nice person, I tell it as I see it. Some like it, some don't but if we where all the same then the world would be incredibly boring.

Then express an opinion don't just insult, what is it at the moment, 1.1bn+ peoples religious leader. You sir are a troll!

If I came one here and started going on about say for instance Muslim religious leaders or the Queen. I would probably get kicked off the forum.
  • Lutz 1 Apr 2005 08:32:45 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Why respect the leader of an organisation which is responsible for the continued subjegation of women and has not apologised for collusion with the Nazis?
    1: The pope may be the leader. He didn't carry out all of these actions. I don't blame the Queen for the slave trade.
    2: Dispite any wrong actions he also done some good actions.
    3: I don't think anyone should take pleasure in anothers death. If you do I really do think something is wrong with you.
  • sam_spade 1 Apr 2005 08:34:52 15,745 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It apologised for the silence of the holocaust in 1998.
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2005 08:35:33 34,851 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Furbs wrote:
    Why respect the leader of an organisation which is responsible for the continued subjegation of women and has not apologised for collusion with the Nazis?
    Yea a good point alright it really should apologise for collusion with the Nazis as should a lot of other groups.

Not sure where you are coming from with the subjegation of women bit though.

Edited by BartonFink at 07:37:04 01-04-2005
  • Lutz 1 Apr 2005 08:39:21 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And also, if ever person and every organisation should apologise for all it's wrong doings then there mustn't be a single person or organisation in the world you like. Including yourself.

Have you said sorry for every wrong doing that you have ever done?
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2005 08:48:56 34,851 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ok before this one gets nasty I am going to delete it.
    Flameboy couldn't keep it nice!
  • Lutz 1 Apr 2005 08:49:30 48,854 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BartonFink wrote:
    Ok before this one gets nasty I am going to delete it.
    Flameboy couldn't keep it nice!
    Don't mate. If it gets offense I'll start cleaning it up.

Edited by Lutz at 07:49:43 01-04-2005
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2005 08:50:56 34,851 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers Lutzy :)

Later......
    (it will probably have turned into a mangled mess by the time I get back to it this evening)

Edited by BartonFink at 07:52:01 01-04-2005
  • sam_spade 1 Apr 2005 08:50:58 15,745 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We can start a new thread when he does actually die.

Make sure he is dead this time, FibberFink.
  • BartonFink 1 Apr 2005 08:57:42 34,851 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    When someone is given the last rites ... it does not mean they are dead! It means that they may die soon and are given absolution from their sins (except mortal sins afaik) it is the last rite in the Catholic religion. One of my cousins for instance was Baptised and given the last rites only hours after he was born as the doctors didn't think he was going to make it. He is however very much alive. :p

Edited by BartonFink at 19:17:03 01-04-2005
  • sam_spade 1 Apr 2005 09:22:22 15,745 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bloody hell your cousin didn't hang around did he? How many sins can you collect in a few hours as a baby?
  • Deleted user 1 April 2005 09:26:19
    I like the pope...

... The pope smokes dope...

/gets his coat
  • Peekaboo 1 Apr 2005 09:38:41 152 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    lol, I love the fact that I make one crass joke about the shell of someone who was the pope and everyone gets on their high horse. Lutz, did I say he deserved to die ??? No. And that my friend is the difference, come down from up there because the altitude is obviously affecting your judgement, did I flame anyone on this board ? No, yet I've been flamed several times, yet no action is taken and the all pals act comes into play.

Good Modding mate, credit to the business.

Oh and Barton, what exactly did I say that would be so offence to the empty shell of a one time pope ? In fact, I'm not sure my reference was entirely offensive....Dare I say some people like to jump the gun ?
  • bainbrge 1 Apr 2005 09:39:41 1,687 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ginger wrote:
    just heard that he's in a really bad way.

Went to Rome this year, and havd a tour round the vatican where they explained how progressive this guy has been. Although it may not seem so to us, many african communinities live and die by the proclomation of the catholic church and when the pope pushes equal rights for women or something like that then it apparently makes a real difference in Africa.

Just something to think about really before you start with all the knee jerk church bashing...

Thats bollocks. He's been the most regressive pope in generations. His attitudes on birth control have directly contributed towards AIDS deaths. His attitude towards paedophile priests has belittled the suffering of those abused. His attitude towards homosexuals has been highly damaging. I oppose almost everything he stands for.

However, I can't help but be touched and impressed by his stoicism. I think he has set a good example of accepting suffering without rancour, and by not disappearing he has probably given a lot of courage to other disabled and sick people.
  • ssuellid 1 Apr 2005 09:41:18 19,141 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Feel sorry for the poor bloke - how many years has he not had a clue whats been going around him? He needed medical care - not to be used as a puppet.
  • Deleted user 1 April 2005 09:41:43
    bainbrge wrote:

Thats bollocks. He's been the most regressive pope in generations. His attitudes on birth control have directly contributed towards AIDS deaths. His attitude towards paedophile priests has belittled the suffering of those abused. His attitude towards homosexuals has been highly damaging. I oppose almost everything he stands for.
    +1

bainbrge wrote:However, I can't help but be touched and impressed by his stoicism. I think he has set a good example of accepting suffering without rancour, and by not disappearing he has probably given a lot of courage to other disabled and sick people.
  • bainbrge 1 Apr 2005 09:44:04 1,687 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Djini wrote:
    bainbrge wrote:

+1

bainbrge wrote:However, I can't help but be touched and impressed by his stoicism. I think he has set a good example of accepting suffering without rancour, and by not disappearing he has probably given a lot of courage to other disabled and sick people.

score draw
  • Peekaboo 1 Apr 2005 09:45:35 152 posts
    Registered 10 years ago
    ssuellid wrote:
    Feel sorry for the poor bloke - how many years has he not had a clue whats been going around him? He needed medical care - not to be used as a puppet.

My original point entirely.
  • sam_spade 1 Apr 2005 09:49:51 15,745 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Well I'm sure all you detractors have been steadily petitioning the Vatican to change its stance.
  • Ginger 1 Apr 2005 09:54:29 6,829 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm just passing on what I heard. I've no idea whether it's true or not - I'm not exactly an authority on the catholic church being a confirmed atheist myself. It's just infomration we were given, that I didn't know before.

He's an old man who's very ill. Let him die in peace. It's like Terry Schiavo all over again, but this time the religious nutjobs won and have kept him alive for 10 years or so...

Some people will get on their high horse about anything for the sake of an argument :)

London open taekwondo champion

• Page

of 24 First / Last