Marvel's Spider-Man (2017) Page 2

• Page

of 15 First / Last

• figgis 10 Feb 2015 08:46:28 7,607 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Couldn't give a shite, aside from the fact JK Simmons might be back.
  • Saul_Iscariot 10 Feb 2015 08:51:17 2,838 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    Yeah, I'm not sure you can watch Thor 2 and Winter Soldier and say they are at all similar...well, aside from the obligatory large object falling out of the sky (Also see Guardians, Avengers, Captain America etc.)

Personally I think they are a quite varied and most of the similar bits are simply because they are superhero movies.
    So as long as you ignore the characters, story, dialogue, locations etc, etc. and concentrate on a large falling object they are all the same? Shit, remind me not to ever watch a cowboy film again, they all have horses in them. And chuff me, every film in the war, soldiers are on the screen or referenced. And those 007 films, everyone has spies in them....
  • CosmicFuzz 10 Feb 2015 08:54:32 31,783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What on earth are you talking about?
  • Ultrasoundwave 10 Feb 2015 09:04:59 5,419 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, seeing as everyone (except me!) wants a recast, who do we all think should be the new Spidey?

I'd personally prefer someone in the right age bracket (late teens, early 20's) as opposed to someone who's in their mid-thirties who looks young.

That guy from Whiplash would have been good (if he wasn't already Mr Fantastic), plus getting JK Simmons back as J.J.J would have been magical.

Maybe that lad who's in Kingsman?, seems a decent actor.
  • Baihu1983 10 Feb 2015 09:06:20 8,137 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Yup, fantastic news. Glad Sony finally realised they don't know what they're doing. Marvel have pushed back a bunch of their Phase 3 films by 6 months too.

Don't know what film Spidey will appear in before his next solo outing, but my money's on Civil War (although they've not pushed the release back for that one, so maybe not).
    Yeah my guess is a cameo in CW. Maybe a 2nd end credits scene.
  • GiarcYekrub 10 Feb 2015 09:06:28 4,733 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haven't Marvel already said they are going to shy away from origin stories as they feel they are over done
  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2015 09:08:44 70,135 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That was, unfortunately, before they got Spider-Man back, a character with one of the most iconic origins in comics.
  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2015 09:18:55 70,135 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Also, if they use the ultimates origin, they can tie it back to the wider universe, with the spider being part of an effort to replicate captain Americas super soldier serum (same with the hulk).

This would also give agents of shield something else to chew on.

Wheels within wheels.

In fact, they could get a pretty awesome smallville/ the flash series out of it.
  • beastmaster 10 Feb 2015 09:29:26 16,874 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd like for then to get away from the 'tech solutions' approach to villains. Enough of these suits. Go old school and have no more Goblin armour and have it like they did in the original make-up tests.

If anyone can pull this off, Marvel can.

Edited by beastmaster at 09:29:50 10-02-2015
  • Derblington 10 Feb 2015 09:30:56 28,239 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    So, seeing as everyone (except me!) wants a recast, who do we all think should be the new Spidey?

I'd personally prefer someone in the right age bracket (late teens, early 20's) as opposed to someone who's in their mid-thirties who looks young.

That guy from Whiplash would have been good (if he wasn't already Mr Fantastic), plus getting JK Simmons back as J.J.J would have been magical.

Zac Efron. I'm not kidding.
  • GiarcYekrub 10 Feb 2015 09:37:59 4,733 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bring back Tobey Maguire as an ageing Spidey
  • Unclebenny 10 Feb 2015 09:45:35 841 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't realise until recently that everyone hated the Amazing Spiderman films. I kinda liked them.

I read somewhere that Garfield isn't doing anymore Spiderman, which is a shame as he was great at it.

Richard Ayoade as the next one. I'd like to see a Spiderman who doesn't really like going outside and excercising all that much.
  • Rivuzu 10 Feb 2015 09:46:30 15,697 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Any comic aficionados in here? I'm curious as to where the Amazing Spiderman version falls in with the Avengers. That will be telling as to whether they use Garfield or not, as there are clear differences between the original movie version (Toby McGuire) and the Garfield version from the Amazing universe.

It's the same as the Dark Knight trilogy, being it's own separate retelling of the Batman story.

From memory, there is also the Ultimate Spiderman series which is it's own version, which could be used if they brought Spidey into CW, which would mean a recast.

Though it might not make much difference at all to the CW storyline, as they still won't have the rights to the X-Men - unless Disney can bargain it off of Fox.

Edited by Rivuzu at 09:46:56 10-02-2015
  • PearOfAnguish 10 Feb 2015 09:47:58 7,573 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If this does turn out to be a complete reboot it's likely to take many cues from Ultimate (like Iron Man, Captain America and Avengers), and it would make sense to tie it in with the super serum - that was actually a plot point in the latest episode of Agent Carter.

Any comic aficionados in here? I'm curious as to where the Amazing Spiderman version falls in with the Avengers. That will be telling as to whether they use Garfield or not, as there are clear differences between the original movie version (Toby McGuire) and the Garfield version from the Amazing universe.

It's the same as the Dark Knight trilogy, being it's own separate retelling of the Batman story.

From memory, there is also the Ultimate Spiderman series which is it's own version, which could be used if they brought Spidey into CW, which would mean a recast.
    Both are their own thing and just use bits and pieces of the comics, but Amazing Spider-man has elements of both original 616 Spidey and Ultimate, while the Maguire version is heavily based on the original.

In Ultimate, Parker's basic origin is the same but the spider that gives him powers is revealed to be linked to an attempt to recreate Captain America and joins together a whole bunch of the characters, including the X-Men. The stuff with his dad in ASM 2 seems to be based partially on Ultimate's take on his parents. I'd guess the writers of the newer movies were somewhat influenced by Ultimate's dialogue as well, as USM Parker is quite the snarky chatter box.

Derblington wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Zac Efron. I'm not kidding.
    Can see that working. Efron's a decent actor.

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 10:00:32 10-02-2015
  • Rivuzu 10 Feb 2015 09:48:05 15,697 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fantastic Four are also Fox owned, and disowned by Marvel now too after they ended the comic series, so don't expect to see them!
  • CosmicFuzz 10 Feb 2015 09:50:39 31,783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Absolute worst idea in the history of ideas :D
  • McEwan 10 Feb 2015 09:51:20 867 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'd prefer an unknown as Miles Morales.
  • CosmicFuzz 10 Feb 2015 09:52:47 31,783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Good shout on the Ultimate version of Spidey - very neat fix into the MCU.
  • Saul_Iscariot 10 Feb 2015 09:53:48 2,838 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Scimarad said that all Marvel films followed the same template and when pushed for an example of what he meant he said they all have a big thing fall from the sky/above. That's an odd thing to focus on as if that is all they are about.
  • GiarcYekrub 10 Feb 2015 09:54:54 4,733 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Absolute worst idea in the history of ideas :D
    Wasn't my idea
  • Derblington 10 Feb 2015 09:57:33 28,239 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    McEwan wrote:
    I'd prefer an unknown as Miles Morales.
    Also not happening, but I'd quite like a Morales version down the line.
  • Dolly 10 Feb 2015 09:58:34 3,477 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm calling it now, it'll be a non-white spiderman.
  • Derblington 10 Feb 2015 10:07:20 28,239 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It won't, because they've stated it's going to be Peter Parker. If they wanted a non-Caucasian character they already have options, like Miles Morales, that they've already ruled out.
  • richarddavies 10 Feb 2015 10:08:35 5,789 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dolly wrote:
    little indian spiderman, with moustache ftw.
  • CosmicFuzz 10 Feb 2015 10:09:15 31,783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Scimarad said that all Marvel films followed the same template and when pushed for an example of what he meant he said they all have a big thing fall from the sky/above. That's an odd thing to focus on as if that is all they are about.
    No he was saying they didn't follow the same template.
  • Saul_Iscariot 10 Feb 2015 10:18:50 2,838 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My mistake, I must have misread his post.

• Rivuzu 10 Feb 2015 10:29:33 15,697 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    richarddavies wrote:
    Dolly wrote:
    Dhalsim-Man. Doesn't use webs, just stretches his arm out and grabs hold of buildings before setting them on fire with his Yogi magic. See also: Richard Reed's Bollywood cousin.
  • CosmicFuzz 10 Feb 2015 10:34:24 31,783 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    My mistake, I must have misread his post.

:D
  • HelloNo 10 Feb 2015 10:34:38 1,927 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    richarddavies wrote:
    Dolly wrote:
    Dhalsim-Man. Doesn't use webs, just stretches his arm out and grabs hold of buildings before setting them on fire with his Yogi magic. See also: Richard Reed's Bollywood cousin.
    Nice.
  • nickthegun 10 Feb 2015 10:49:50 70,135 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Good shout on the Ultimate version of Spidey - very neat fix into the MCU.
    MCU have contacted me to make a film about my apparent powers of invisibility
  • Page

of 15 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.