Recently Completed Games Page 333

• Page

of 406 First / Last

• Bremenacht 4 Jun 2013 21:01:20 17,614 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    You people hurt me with your nasty comments. Then you wonder why I attack you with verbal abuse.
    He can't hear your verbal abuse though, so try writing some abuse.
  • SolidSCB 5 Jun 2013 09:45:40 6,410 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Resident Evil: Revelations (PS3)

Return to form this one. Really enjoyed the campaign and it seemed to take the refined features from RE 5 and 6 and use them in a setting/atmosphere more akin to 4. Gave you just enough ammo to get the job done but not enough to make you comfortable at any time. Proper survival horror. Raid mode seems like a decent addition too, quite deep from the little bit I've played. Great game IMO.
    9/10
  • lordofdeadside 5 Jun 2013 10:17:03 1,101 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Cave - ps3

Not a bad little platformer with a darkly humorous setting and some neat puzzles. A bit too much traipsing all over the levels and some obscure "try every item with everything" sections bring it down a bit. Had no real urge to play it with all the characters.

6/10
  • figaro7 6 Jun 2013 01:40:59 1,362 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    need for speed most wanted U

+excellent graphics
    +co driver is a nice addition
    +plethora of control styls
    +offscreen play
    +well realised world with tons of secret routes
    +brings out the ocd

-needed more vehicles
    -lack of variety in events
    -framerat issues
    -initially underwhelmed by the open design

Turn the traffic off relieves the frustration and gives this a pure arcade feel. Initially turned off by the open nature i quickly began to enjoy it with the feeling of going at my own pace.

8/10
  • TheHammerite 6 Jun 2013 04:14:05 1,512 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Quake 4 5/10

Wow, what a piece of generic crap!
  • andytheadequate 6 Jun 2013 11:31:44 8,083 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TheHammerite wrote:
    Quake 4 5/10

Wow, what a piece of generic crap!
    And yet you still give it a 5...

I've recently completed gunpoint, I can't recommend it highly enough. I'm just hoping that the community will create some good user created levels now...
  • FarFromSane 6 Jun 2013 14:31:26 236 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just completed Sleeping Dogs. I bought it in the PSN sale over Christmas and finally got around to finishing it today.

It was really an enjoyable experience that i'm actually thinking about going for all the trophies.

Hopefully United Front will be able to do a sequal.

8/10

Edited by FarFromSane at 14:31:45 06-06-2013

Edited by FarFromSane at 14:32:37 06-06-2013

Somewhere out there, a neurotic chicken wants to cross the road but is paralyzed by the knowledge that everyone will question his motives

• HarryPalmer 6 Jun 2013 23:35:41 3,122 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Far Cry 3 - 9/10

It's like the developers knew they had a perfect game, so conspired to taint it as much as they could. Ridiculous, borderline offensive, story, that feels like it was written by an obnoxious sixth-former; an obtrusive interface that kills immersion and forces you to wade through menus; some very frustrating check-pointing, ludicrously irritating characters and dire boss sections.

And yet, there was barely a moment when I wasn't enjoying myself. There is content galore, the spontaneous gameplay scenarios are endless and unpredictable; who knew combining pirates, mercenaries and a tropical islands worth of wildlife would throw up such hilarious encounters? Most importantly though, it plays really well, the shooting is great, you are able to negotiate the environment with ease, the take-downs are super satisfying, and there is a heap of stuff to unlock. The island is packed full of places to explore; the tombs are more satisfying than the Tomb Raider reboot, and poking around usually reveals something interesting, or at least rewards you with a nice view.

I completed on about 75% and there is still an outpost to take down, and a load of side-quests, hunting missions, assassinations etc.

So yeah, up there with the best console games of this generation, for me. Bring on The Last Of Us.
  • Rens11 7 Jun 2013 17:13:04 1,389 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thomas was alone vita

Too easy, didn't care for the story and find Danny Wallace irritating

5/10

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Nitrous 7 Jun 2013 17:32:22 337 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tomb Raider: Guardian of light (PS3)

I don't remember buying this so it must have been a PS+ download. Anyway, a half decent game which I enjoyed playing. What was going on story wise I've no idea as I started the game months ago and decided to complete it today before my +sub runs out.

Got a new PS+ code ready to go but I'm not going to activate it until something comes up that I want to try playing and I've completed some of the back log
  • Gunzberg 7 Jun 2013 17:35:42 1,731 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger

8.5/10

Good value, decent length, lots of fun.

Buy it

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Reacher 7 Jun 2013 17:39:57 719 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    CoJ Gunslinger is a very good game. I really hope this sells well and we get another.
  • Gunzberg 7 Jun 2013 22:28:13 1,731 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    Reacher wrote:
    CoJ Gunslinger is a very good game. I really hope this sells well and we get another.
    I almost bought it before I heard it had retarded big bosses with insta kill minigun.
    There are bosses with gatling guns but if you know how to use cover to creep closer you will be fine. Also use dynamite as a grenade from distance.

Had no problem with them and it should not put you off buying a very solid and fun game at a bargain price

• heavy_salad 7 Jun 2013 22:31:33 716 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Swapper

+ Really cool art style
    + Great atmosphere
    + Nice soundtrack
    + Tricky puzzles, but on the whole not too difficult. I only got stuck a couple of times

- It lets you progrss up to a point without needing to complete every puzzle, but you do need to do every puzzle to complete the game, which led to a lot of back-tracking at the end for me, which kind of killed the momentum a bit.

9/10 - One of the best games I've played this year. About the right length too at 4 hours.
  • Reacher 8 Jun 2013 01:09:21 719 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DarkSpaceDS play it yourself and see.
  • Progguitarist 9 Jun 2013 12:47:39 10,401 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mass Effect 3

A good game overall but parts of it felt quite padded. The gunplay is better than other entries in the series but at the cost of RPG elements. The characters are well realized though and despite lacking urgency ("sure, I'll go search a distant star system for your sister...even though the reapers are looking in my window) the story is good...that ending though. Yikes.

7/10
  • Gunzberg 9 Jun 2013 13:05:37 1,731 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Remember me

7.5/10

+Loves the art style and intriguing story
    +decent length

- combat becomes a chore sometimes
    - some glitches where sound would cut out

I recommend people to play with French voice and English subtitles, it really adds to the atmosphere.

• Megapocalypse 9 Jun 2013 13:45:45 5,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vanquish - 8/10

A lot of fun, but quite repetitive. Would love to see a sequel with slightly better controls (or at least a better explanation of them) and a bit more variety.
  • YenooR 9 Jun 2013 14:19:55 529 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Darkness 2
    Decent shooter,the main game is very short but there is Vendetta missions separate.Think I'll give these a try as I wait for The Last of Us.
    7/10
  • FarFromSane 9 Jun 2013 14:39:26 236 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I finally finished Uncharted Drakes Fortune. It's only taken me since 2008 though i did re start for the trophies and lost saved games in those years though.

Brilliant game 9/10

Edited by FarFromSane at 14:41:10 09-06-2013

Somewhere out there, a neurotic chicken wants to cross the road but is paralyzed by the knowledge that everyone will question his motives

• hypoBla5t 9 Jun 2013 14:39:29 1,363 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    Good value, decent length, lots of fun.
    Didn't realise this thread doubled up as a rate-my-gigollo discussion!!
  • FatsoJetson 9 Jun 2013 16:19:06 302 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    @Reacher I'm not gonna waste my money just to get stuck on a big boss. Maybe when its on sale.

@Gunzberg Its not the fact that its possible to do but the fact its there. I just don't like things like that in otherwise decent games. So many great games ruined by just a bad part which ruins the entire game.

Edited by DarkSpaceDS at 15:28:03 09-06-2013
    I'd definitely recommend picking it up on sale. I've put about 3-4 hours into Gunslinger so far and only spent about 10 minutes on boss battles (only 5 mins of which were spent on the Gatling gun boss). They really don't spoil an excellent game.
  • Kay 10 Jun 2013 14:03:25 17,762 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Red Dead Redemption

Late to the party on this, and after about 30 hours of varying quality I'm done. Really liked the final act, not just for how the story develops and the missions themselves, but also the location of West Elizabeth with its forest and snowy mountainous areas. The game took its sweet time getting there but it was worth it. I'd already known about what happens at the end, but the post-end bit took me by surprise and was very nicely done.

I've got loads of complaints about the story, the characters you come across and the repetitive nature of most of the missions, as well as the clunky controls, but I'm sure that's all been done to death. The game does a hell of a lot right, not least the fantastic world, its wildlife and all the sidequests / mini-games - many of the Stranger tasks were more memorable than the main missions, imo, and treasure-hunting in particular was fantastic. I'll definitely miss the world, think I'll polish off some of the challenges before riding off into the sunset and putting it to bed - although it won't quite be the same without you-know-who.

Looking forward to trying Undead Nightmare, too - I've always felt the whole zombie outbreak shtick would work really well in this setting.

9/10
  • mikeck 14 Jun 2013 10:07:33 1,905 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Last of Us

I'm going to steer clear of anything that could spoil this, but I played through this in numerous sittings totalling around 16 hours, and it was magnificent from start to finish.

Varied gameplay, lots of tension, great combat and stealth, brilliant (and believable) characterisations, in fact everything from scripting to sound was perfect.

Not since Heavy Rain have I played a game that got under my skin, and affected me emotionally as much as TLOU (though this is a far different beast to Heavy Rain).

It's a very mature game (but not in an overt way) that's not trying to do anything other than tell a good story, and allow you to have as much 'fun' as possible. (it's a gritty game, and is nerve-racking in places, but it still knows it is a game and doesn't try to stop you enjoying the ride).

Also, the multiplayer is very well implemented and is great fun.

4v4 maps which takes the game settings, factions and crafting and lets you duke it out for supremacy - lots of fun to be had. Teamwork is key though!!

This has definitely become my game of the generation, and is worth more than a mere 10/10 in my eyes :D

Edited by mikeck at 10:08:33 14-06-2013
  • Gunzberg 14 Jun 2013 11:33:59 1,731 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    God of War Ascension 7.5/10

+ Great single player campaign
    + New sides to Kratos

- Multiplayer is unbalanced dire crap
    - Only one weapon in Single player to upgrade
    - Does not feel as epic as previous titles

• Gunzberg 15 Jun 2013 20:35:20 1,731 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metro: Last Light

9/10

+ Looked great on my top end nvidia card
    + Fabulous setting and atmosphere
    + Lots of nice short levels with good variety
    + Obviously a labour of love
    + Nice pacing
    + Good audio

- Had one ctd
    - Had one graphical glitch that forced me to restart the game
    - I don't like the fact that when I look at a person, their audio is suddenly lower than when I look away

Edited by Gunzberg at 20:35:41 15-06-2013

• CybaRJ 16 Jun 2013 11:20:24 55 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just finished Telltale's The Walking Dead after giving it a wide berth because I'm tight-fisted when it comes to money. Ho-ly crap! What a game. Other 'moral choice' games can learn a lot from this. I was totally hooked, had me blubbering like a 4 year old at bedtime towards the end.
  • Page

of 406 First / Last