Recently Completed Games Page 322

• Page

of 395 First / Last

• Deleted user 1 April 2013 10:42:48
    Phattso wrote:
    Dishono(u)red

Finally made it to the end of this, despite starting it late last year. Great game. I got the low chaos ending, but it was never going to be any other way. This was a chance to get back to some Thief style gameplay rather than just kill my way through a tide of enemies until the credits rolled.

Story was... much of a muchness in the end. Some of the characters were interesting and, given that it was a no-mark franchise before release, a pretty amazing voice cast too.

I think I came pretty close to doing the whole game without killing anyone (occasionally, when setting down an unconscious body, I'd accidentally lob it over an edge) and with very few alarms. Scanning through the achievements, there's one for doing just that so I think I'll wait for the Game of the Year edition and then give it all another spin in a few months.

I'm glad this did well for them, and looks like getting a sequel or two. If they can tighten up some of the control twitchiness and maybe kill off the loading screens entirely (both between levels, and when reloading after death) or at least get them down to nothing then I think it would be perfect.

A next-gen makeover running at 60fps with a longer draw distance would really make the most of the setting also. Or I could just get it on PC. :)

Amazing game.

9/10
    My favourite game over past twelve months and I've played loads. Just looking on amazon to re buy but according to Jamie on amazon it's not worth it, here is his review....

Amazon Verified Purchase This Game is a great price it was delivered quickly but the game itself is probaly the worse game I've ever played would not advise to buy.
  • theguy 1 Apr 2013 11:26:29 646 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JonFE wrote:
    @theguy

I think that your save game slot displays game time along with its time stamp - at least that's what I consulted.
    Ah right, thanks
  • Nitrous 1 Apr 2013 12:37:39 243 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Walking Dead: My 1st platinum trophy on the PS3.

Got this after the discount on PSN and really enjoyed it despite the stuttering and pauses. Brilliant story and like someone else said its better written than the TV series imo.

solid 8/10
  • wobbly_Bob 1 Apr 2013 16:45:51 1,436 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nitrous wrote:
    The Walking Dead: My 1st platinum trophy on the PS3.

Got this after the discount on PSN and really enjoyed it despite the stuttering and pauses. Brilliant story and like someone else said its better written than the TV series imo.

solid 8/10
    I'm playing through this right now and agree it's far better writing than he tv show. Charterization is much better with a deeper sympathy for thier plight. Great stuff.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 20:07:03 01-04-2013
  • Stranded87 1 Apr 2013 16:53:29 768 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite

The gameplay didn't thrill me at first but it got a lot better as it went on. Plus it's the best story I've ever come across in a game, topping even Planescape Torment.

10/10
  • Progguitarist 2 Apr 2013 11:21:25 10,316 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nintendo Land

The "Mc Donalds" of gaming. Empty, shallow garbage that is instantly forgettable.

3/10
  • figaro7 2 Apr 2013 11:25:28 1,343 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Little Inferno

A strangely compelling puzzle solving game with a clever story that mocks society at times and some excellent artwork.

8/10
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Apr 2013 11:26:33 8,748 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Nintendo Land

The "Mc Donalds" of gaming. Empty, shallow garbage that is instantly forgettable.

3/10
    Did you actually complete it?
    That would take ages...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• DFawkes 2 Apr 2013 11:27:47 22,063 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm guessing you haven't completed it, Pro. And yes, it can be completed :p That's the best thing about it - it's very easy to be rather dismissive of it (I certainly was), then you start playing a bit more and it just keeps on opening up, more and more. There's an absolute ton there.

Although I do apologise if you have genuinely completed it, and congratulate you on it because will I heck ever even get close. I'll be lucky if I can finish all the courses on Donkey Kong alone, never mind all the stuff for the other games!

Edited by DFawkes at 11:29:04 02-04-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• glaeken 2 Apr 2013 11:35:42 10,977 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mass Effect 3 - I really enjoyed it. Probably a strong 8/10 for me. I am now trying to figure out what all the fuss was about with the story as I managed to avoid any exposure to that. I thought the story was great personally so am a bit puzzled there was so much rage about it.

As a series I am still disappointed overall that they backed off from the ambition of the first game and made it a simpler more focussed experience. I just wish they had built on what they tried to do in the first game not throw out so much of it to make a more commercial game.
  • dominalien 2 Apr 2013 11:36:51 6,742 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not story, ending.

PSN: DonOsito

• Progguitarist 2 Apr 2013 11:38:35 10,316 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I haven't completed it. There's nothing about any of these crap mini-games that compels me to do so. They're the equivalent of throwaway iPad games to me. Good thing it was a pack in!
  • glaeken 2 Apr 2013 11:39:17 10,977 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @dominalien So what's wrong with the ending? I liked it. Obviously if you did not like it that's personal taste but what was the big hoo har about it the time? I guess a lot of people must have really hated it for some reason but it's not obvious now to me why it became such a big issue. I guess I will have to hunt down the threads on it.

The only thing I spotted that seemed off was the whole 50% readiness thing for all the different systems which suggested there was much more to come. Not sure what that was about but it suggested the game being cut back maybe in length. Unless I missed something on that.

Edited by glaeken at 11:45:31 02-04-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 2 Apr 2013 11:44:43 8,748 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I haven't completed it. There's nothing about any of these crap mini-games that compels me to do so. They're the equivalent of throwaway iPad games to me. Good thing it was a pack in!
    Some of them are fantastic in Multi player, especially Zelda and Metroid. Did you try them for more than 5 mins?

• bronzemedal 2 Apr 2013 11:52:56 35 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)

Recently bought a second hand Vita and used the free PS+ trial Sony were giving away to download this. I've now signed up for a year (and an additional three months free) of PS+ as it's one of the best deals going -- makes Xbox Live seem an almost shameful exercise in extracting money from a client base. But anyway ...

This is the first Uncharted game I've played and I'm sad to say it kind of sums up everything I don't really like in video games at the moment. What's disappointing is a game like Uncharted should represent everything I love -- action adventure/platforming in exotic location with puzzles and some combat. Also Drake is actually a likeable character!

First off there's an endless amount of cutscenes, I reckon there's more cutscenes than play time. Problem is that story here is so simple there's no justification for the endless jabbering taking place. On top of that, there are no real puzzles at all. You're forced into rubbing the screen and doing all sorts of boring shit, like rearrange the pieces of a torn up map and it's anything but fun. The game did eventually become enjoyable ... around chapter 28 of 34! What pisses me off is there's nothing to the platforming, you just hold forward and press x to jump that's it. You even press x to drop down. When i began to enjoy the platforming it was due to the sheer spectacle, which is something this game does get right. There's also way too much combat in this game -- I reckon I killed nearly 500 people over the course of story. I mean, Drake comes across as quite a nice guy, but seemingly has no regard for human life! I know this is typical of a lot of games, but it does kind of jar with the characterisation.

Basically, this game is mediocre at best although it's great graphically) and is only enjoyable as a spectacle. It's not fun to play and for that reason:

6/10

On a side note the Vita is a brilliant handheld console. Hope it has a long future ahead of it.
  • Anthony_UK 2 Apr 2013 12:15:03 2,391 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Assassins Creed 3

Great but also a confusing mess.

Exploration isn't really encouraged until over half way though the game, which I did to a certain degree but collecting feathers doesn't really excite me if I'm honest.

The maps are far to large for the amount of content within them, I've finished the game and looking at the map, it seems half of the game world I've not visited. Only realising by chance that there are 7 'templar forts' to discover.

I enjoyed it, but they could have cut whole areas and elements of the game entirely and made the game feel more focused. Having a game world twice the size of what's needed filled with nothing, just seems utterly pointless.
  • DFawkes 2 Apr 2013 12:25:32 22,063 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I feel the exact opposite - I always felt there was tons to do, and lots of good reasons to explore :) It's all exactly as big as it needs to be - I don't think there's much wasted space at all, but I have to admit that's not immediately apparent if you don't enjoy the side-missions. For example, there's a large area in the Frontier you'd think was there for no reason, but later on I had a mission in that area that required you to hunt and chase an animal all around it.

Of course I got stuck so just stuck Mines all around his spawn point like a big cheat :p

I'm only about 65% in too, and have visited most of the map without having to go out of my way to do so. Haven't completed the main game yet though so maybe it has a weak ending.

• Deckard1 2 Apr 2013 12:31:11 25,414 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Some of them are fantastic in Multi player, especially Zelda and Metroid. Did you try them for more than 5 mins?
    Jesus, he doesn't like it ecosse. Do you have to take you're fucking nintendo apologist fucking bollocks into every thread on the forum?

Edited by Deckard1 at 12:31:29 02-04-2013

Called it

• Progguitarist 2 Apr 2013 12:35:06 10,316 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear Yeah. None of them appeal to me. I can't stand the aesthetic. I hate tilt controls. That F-Zero game is just fucking awful. The only thing I had a remote bit of fun with was the ninja star thing and that's just a basic light gun shooter.
  • DFawkes 2 Apr 2013 12:37:36 22,063 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not that Deckard, it's more that we were curious why he didn't enjoy it, when his complaint about the game was something that would be addressed in part by completing the game. I'm sure Pro has other reasons for not enjoying it. Good ones, I bet, as there are a few I can think of.

But basically if your main issue with a game is choosing not to complete it, in a thread dedicated to games you've completed, it does raise the question of what the real issues were. As I say, there are definitely issues a plenty. Too much hand-holding, not enough clarity on certain rules, locking far too much of the content away (I reckon this is the probably the main issue here).

It's all good and well making this game that has all this depth and so much to do, but nigh-on everything is locked until you play the shallow stuff. It does seem a bit misguided at best, especially when it purposefully doesn't tell you exactly what you're supposed to do to get to the good stuff. I can see why Pro didn't complete it - the game doesn't really let you know you even can at first!

Edited by DFawkes at 12:39:37 02-04-2013

• LionheartDJH 2 Apr 2013 12:39:42 19,295 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    The only thing I spotted that seemed off was the whole 50% readiness thing for all the different systems which suggested there was much more to come. Not sure what that was about but it suggested the game being cut back maybe in length. Unless I missed something on that.
    You need a higher Galactic Readiness rating to get the 'best' ending. You can't increase the rating playing the single player game itself, you have to do that by playing the multiplayer and/or the iPhone game Infiltrator. So basically it's a way to encourage you to play the MP or buy the iPhone game.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Buenos_Estente 2 Apr 2013 12:43:57 266 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted

3ds - 3909-7778-4988 / Xbox live - Buenos E
    PSN/NNID - Buenos1980

• DFawkes 2 Apr 2013 12:47:41 22,063 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Someone broke the thread. Lets see who...

Buenos_Estente!

Edited by DFawkes at 12:48:04 02-04-2013

• bnazir 2 Apr 2013 12:52:34 81 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dishonored

I got this game during in the Steam sale last year and only got around to playing it over the Easter break. I must admit, initially I really struggled to like this game, but I persevered for a few hours and then suddenly bam, I'm now mid way through my second play through!

It's difficult to say why my initial dabble was problematic but if I had to guess it would be because I never considered alternate options to progress a mission. I would opt to take the most direct path which is usually heavily guarded resulting in a very quick death. Once I shook off my standard FPS shooter approach of "you must kill all enemies on site" baggage, it became much more enjoyable.

It's like two games in one. The first play through was as a lethal assassin, first isolating the target and killing them in the most creative way possible. The second is total stealth (no kills) and it's a completely different experience requiring new strategies. Both approaches were very rewarding. Game looks great maxed out on a PC and as others have mentioned before, the art work is sublime.

Great game, 10/10.
  • Buenos_Estente 2 Apr 2013 13:37:55 266 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DFawkes Me How? What? Why? look away now ....

Was going to write about Alpha Protocol but then remembered I was horrendously busy at work so should do some of that instead..

Anyway completed Alpha Protocol - clunky controls, some fishy moments with AI but overall thoroughly enjoyable thanks to the story, hope games introduce the level of consequence in this game into all future story telling rather than some vague Dark/light good/bad moral system we tend to have now.

I attempted to be stealthy but pretty much ended every mission with at least one shoot-out. I was able to be a man-slag with the ladies too with mixed results in the end and a lonely boat ride to the sunset

Id say 8/10 - flawed gem

3ds - 3909-7778-4988 / Xbox live - Buenos E
    PSN/NNID - Buenos1980

• Armoured_Bear 2 Apr 2013 13:40:48 8,748 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear Yeah. None of them appeal to me. I can't stand the aesthetic. I hate tilt controls. That F-Zero game is just fucking awful. The only thing I had a remote bit of fun with was the ninja star thing and that's just a basic light gun shooter.
    The F-Zero one is shit as are some of the others but Zelda is basically an on-rails shooter (in single player) that's great fun and pretty challenging.
    I personally love the graphics with the fabric world style in Zelda but it's not to everyone's taste.
    Tbh I don't play much in single player, I mostly wait for multiplayer and work through the levels, having an absolute blast :-)

• glaeken 2 Apr 2013 13:56:56 10,977 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    glaeken wrote:
    You need a higher Galactic Readiness rating to get the 'best' ending. You can't increase the rating playing the single player game itself, you have to do that by playing the multiplayer and/or the iPhone game Infiltrator. So basically it's a way to encourage you to play the MP or buy the iPhone game.
    Ah that explains that one. That is actually pretty shit.

That along with all the war assets/resources you find seemed to hint at some cuts in the game. I mean what was the point of all the stuff you find to update Citadel defences as that seemed to have no impact given the Reapers just take over the Citadel seemingly without a fight.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 14:09:37
    Metal Gear Rising: 9/10

Just watching the credits roll, superb game. Daft but entertaining story, great - satisfying - gameplay and it all looked lovely. Struggled at the very start as I didn't know how to block. Game was a piece of piss after I figured that out though.
  • Progguitarist 2 Apr 2013 19:48:20 10,316 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    New Super Mario Bros U

Pointless is how I would describe this game. Sure, it's 2D Mario through and through and if that's your bag then you'll think this is great. For me, games like LBP2, Rayman Origins, Limbo and Braid are far superior and at least offer a narrative.

There's nothing here that I didn't experience many moons ago on the NES. It's functional I suppose.

5/10
  • brigadier 2 Apr 2013 21:22:54 93 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Luigi's Mansion 2

Fantastic game, should be part of all 3DS owners collection. Sound design, graphics, puzzles, boss battles and general game play are all to a high standard. Not my all time favourite 3DS game (Theatrhythm gets that nod) but it is my game of 2013 so far.

9/10
  • Page

of 395 First / Last