Recently Completed Games Page 321

• Page

of 417 First / Last

• Kay 28 Mar 2013 12:54:25 17,921 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RunningMan wrote:
    It's separate, but there's a bug so if you play Minerva's den, then your main bioshock 2 save will be corrupted. It's worth the admission for the dlc though. One of the best bits of dlc this gen.
    Cheers - think I'll play through Bioshock 2 anyway, as I never played the first one.

Is there no GOTY version of the game available, with all DLC included?
  • kinky_mong 28 Mar 2013 13:56:36 10,451 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite

Good story and great environments (although I still prefer Rapture), however I just did not get on with the combat. Could have done with more outdoor areas with skylines and fewer indoor battles where you spend half the time hiding while your shield recharges and hoping Elizabeth gives you more salts.

A strong 8/10

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Deleted user 28 March 2013 13:58:54
    7 ish hours in and 8 so far for me also.
  • Bremenacht 28 Mar 2013 14:01:44 18,737 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    Is there no GOTY version of the game available, with all DLC included?
    I've not seen one. A quick google shows collectors editions for stupid money. You'll have to download, it seems.
  • Aretak 28 Mar 2013 14:06:27 10,366 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Ultimate Rapture Edition has both games and all the DLC, but for some bizarre reason is a PS3 exclusive in Europe.
  • Raiko101 28 Mar 2013 14:51:02 6,434 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Assassin's Creed III (Wii U)

There's honestly a good game hidden in here. It's just you have to play through half the game to get to it. The naval missions are brilliant and act as an appetizer for the next game.

Although there are plenty of side missions, many are not explained well, or brushed over lightly or too quickly. Many don't really feel worthwhile either.

It's an over ambitious and buggy game, but it can be an enjoyable one too. You have to put a lot into it though, and many will feel that it just isn't worth it.

3/5

Edited to shorten.

Edited by Raiko101 at 05:35:05 29-03-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• King_Edward 29 Mar 2013 12:02:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    God of War: Ascension. (sp only)

It's weird thinking of GoW as a slightly rough game with a little more heart, but it's kind of hard not to here. Sometimes you have to wiggle Kratos a little to get him through tight spaces, there are a few bugs and glitches, some of them very annoying, but there's so much care and attention in the puzzles. They're massive, and elaborate, and massive, and they make you think, and push blocks and pull levers, and slow down time, and clone yourself, or shine sunlight on crystals, and kick dogs into a furnace.

The combat's a little deeper, with the addition of elemental attacks, magic, secondary weapons and a rage mode. This means enemies now have elemental properties, block better, and now use and drop weapons. It's all good. The only downside is the story,it's poorly told and stupid. You'll rarely know where you are or what you're doing, just that there are levers to pull, and dogs to kick.

8/10

Edited by King_Edward at 12:03:07 29-03-2013
  • Progguitarist 30 Mar 2013 00:20:10 10,481 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    God of War: Ascension

Not the best entry to the series but far from the worst. The combat felt a bit tighter overall and there are more than enough epic moments to keep it interesting. Best game I've played this year thus far although the multi player is pathetic.

8/10
  • Blotto 30 Mar 2013 00:39:03 2,776 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite - 10/10

Just loved it. Could have shit combat (some say it does but I disagree) and the story + city would have made it at least an 8/9.

Perfect gaming experience. Was in a bit of a gaming lull and this has blown me out of that spectacularly. Genuinely gutted its over and can't stop thinking about it.

Can't think of a better franchise this gen than the Bioshock one, can't wait for whatever irrational do next.

Oh and Elizabeth is the perfect AI. Helpful and non-intrusive. Offers insight into the game rather than just spouting random shit and is generally a great character.

Edited by Blotto at 00:42:27 30-03-2013
  • Progguitarist 30 Mar 2013 00:42:14 10,481 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wish I understood what the fuss is about. Bought it thinking it would be a revolutionary jump forward or something very special but I'm not seeing anything special in it at all.
  • Blotto 30 Mar 2013 00:45:16 2,776 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I came into this game off the back of watching one trailer about a week before it came out so I think that may be why I'm so in love with it.

In terms of story it's revolutionary imo. Combat was fun, length was perfect, setting was breathtaking and the plot was incredible.
  • RyanDS 30 Mar 2013 09:19:05 9,586 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Xenoblade chronicles on the wii (playing on wii u)

Possibly the most dissapointed i have ever been in a game, such wasted effort.

For 80% of the game it is a clear 10/10, the story, gameplay and characters are all fantastic. the game also has two awesome points that elevate it aove nearly every other rpg i have played. firstly save anywhere, so no worries about reaching checkpoints, and secondly no grinding. If you do ever find yourself slightly underlevelled just go do some fun missions, no actuall just kill stuff until you level up.

Then suddenly you reach a point near the end where you have a massive difficulty spike. For me this was after 70 hours of gameplay. At level 72. So i went back to level up, only to find no missions left, so suddenly I had to just be bored and kill stuff to level up. At this point all I wanted to do was finish, so yesterday I played ten hour straight. With the grinding the game lost a lot of points with me. Got past that boss, and another ten, And reached the final boss in the game. Killed him once, but struggled on the second form. This is a two am so I think I will save and finish in the morning. But no, for the first time in the game you cannot save. I amtired so turn off anyway. Loaded up again this morning and have lost ten hours of gameplay, suddenly all game rules changed, no autosaves, loads of grinding, and looking online best case if you did save just before you reached the boss, it is a minimum three hour final game session?

For a game that did so well up to that point only to fuck up so badly at the end is appalling. reminds me of fable 3, another game I like only to fuck you over at the end.

4/10
  • dominalien 30 Mar 2013 09:31:32 7,021 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spoilers? Mild ones, admittedly, but still.

PSN: DonOsito

• dominalien 30 Mar 2013 09:43:51 7,021 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Prince of Persia The Two Thrones - PS3

Somehow it was much better than I remember. The previous time I played it the story completely passed me by and it turns out it's pretty decent and serves well as a means to push the player forward. There's a lot of filler environment-wise, same street after same street, something that was absent from the preceding games. The alternative prince form is pointless, both from the point of view of the story and game/combat mechanics. It does bring a certain sense of urgency, but it just serves to make it obvious that levels were designed specifically for the other prince. Combat is also laughably easy in the other form; spamming one move over and over again wins all fights (and that playing on Hard).

The port is about the same as the other ones, with somewhat improved sound. 3D is excellent and really adds to the game (visually, not in any meaningful gameplay-related manner), except at the last part of the game where the vertical light shafts throughout the city were multiplying in a very unpleasing way. That could be my setup, however, as the glasses sometimes seem to have problems properly synchronising with the monitor.

I am trying to decide between a 6 and a 7, but since I like PoP in general and it has a good final boss fight and a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy, I'll be giving it a

7/10

On to Forgotten Sands now.

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 30 March 2013 09:48:33
    The Darkness 2. Really enjoyed it. Graphically it's lovely. Almost like an enhanced version of The Walking Dead's aesthetic, but with more spit, polish and detail. Quad-wielding is also a thing of beauty and not just just a bullet-point on the back of the box.

But then after finishing the main campaign, I realised there's a whole additional second Vendettas campaign.

And all for 6 brand new.

Edited by HairyArse at 10:00:11 30-03-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Mar 2013 09:53:10 14,980 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    The Darkness 2. Really enjoyed it. Graphically it's lovely. Almost like an enhanced version of The Walking Dead's graphic style but with more spit and polish. Quad-wielding is also a thing of beauty and not just just a bullet-point on the back of the box.

But then after finishing the main campaign, I realised there's a whole additional second Vendettas account.

And all for 6 brand new.
    I really want to get this as well. The first game was a massive suprise to me, loved it.
    Shopto have the ltd edtion,(love the colours and box art on it) for 11, I may have to bite

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• drhcnip 30 Mar 2013 10:01:18 2,536 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    get it for that, duff....i really enjoyed it, being a big fan of the first

id shied away from it for ages because of the length criticisms but theres plenty to do there for a fiver or so....
  • Deleted user 30 March 2013 10:14:45
    The length of it was fine. Though it did finish before I expected. But that's only because I'd been monitoring achievements and didn't realise there was the second campaign and because I had loads left to unlock figured there was still a few more hours of the campaign.
  • RabidChild 30 Mar 2013 23:38:14 2,292 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite - 9/10

Gameplay-wise there wasn't anything that special, but the setting, characters and story were amazing.

X-com - 7/10

Fun for the most part. Occasionally got a bit too repetitive and I had some weird bugs to deal with.
  • Rens11 30 Mar 2013 23:52:35 1,419 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @HairyArse
    Got Darksiders 2 in the bioshock bundle, looking forward to playing it now. Is it worth playing the first game beforehand?

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Phattso Moderator 31 Mar 2013 02:54:01 13,567 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dishono(u)red

Finally made it to the end of this, despite starting it late last year. Great game. I got the low chaos ending, but it was never going to be any other way. This was a chance to get back to some Thief style gameplay rather than just kill my way through a tide of enemies until the credits rolled.

Story was... much of a muchness in the end. Some of the characters were interesting and, given that it was a no-mark franchise before release, a pretty amazing voice cast too.

I think I came pretty close to doing the whole game without killing anyone (occasionally, when setting down an unconscious body, I'd accidentally lob it over an edge) and with very few alarms. Scanning through the achievements, there's one for doing just that so I think I'll wait for the Game of the Year edition and then give it all another spin in a few months.

I'm glad this did well for them, and looks like getting a sequel or two. If they can tighten up some of the control twitchiness and maybe kill off the loading screens entirely (both between levels, and when reloading after death) or at least get them down to nothing then I think it would be perfect.

A next-gen makeover running at 60fps with a longer draw distance would really make the most of the setting also. Or I could just get it on PC. :)

Amazing game.

9/10
  • Tomo 31 Mar 2013 09:39:34 13,946 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Aye, the loading screens really weren't an issue on PC.
  • LionheartDJH 31 Mar 2013 13:40:39 19,492 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite (PC)

+Beautiful world; exploring it is a real delight
    +Amazing story and characters
    +Fun combat with room for experimentation
    +Useful companion AI that rarely gets in the way
    +Opening hour is brilliant
    +Some great set-pieces
    +Epic feel

-Hammering F to search a bunch of desk drawers/barrels etc. gets a bit tedious

On a par with the original Bioshock for me and it's made me want to give the second one another go as I didn't get on with it that well the first time.

I love the sheer quality and attention to detail in the worlds, not only are they brilliant from an art/design perspective but the detail makes them feel like living, breathing environments with an immersion factor unrivaled by many other games. The story here is one of the finest I've experienced in a game, absolutely loved it from start to finish. Played the first one multiple times and no doubt will be doing the same with this one.

10/10

She dives for cheese pasties

• TOOTR 31 Mar 2013 14:41:37 9,602 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RabidChild wrote:

X-com - 7/10

Fun for the most part. Occasionally got a bit too repetitive and I had some weird bugs to deal with.
    I see what you did there.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Aretak 31 Mar 2013 15:09:02 10,366 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bioshock Infinite

Really enjoyed it for the most part. It has a great story, superb pacing, interesting characters and a beautiful world. I don't think it's quite as good as some people are claiming though. The gameplay never really lives up to the excellence of the rest of it, and in truth it's a pretty standard FPS underneath all the glitz. I also think a couple of action sequences towards the end are badly misjudged, and feel much more like... well, set pieces from a game. An average, dull shooter game at that.

Still, overall it's probably one of the best experiences I've had during this generation. The world and story do a good job of hiding the game's faults while you're actually playing, and the whole thing feels like one big rollercoaster ride through a living world from start to finish, save for the couple of jarring sequences I mentioned. Kinda torn on whether I'd give it an 8 or 9, but I think it just about earns the latter.
  • JonFE 31 Mar 2013 21:59:06 1,452 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tomb Raider - 9/10 (x360).

Finished it earlier today and, to be honest, I was sad to see it go. Lara finally coming of age.

Took my sweet time with it (almost 20 hours) to find all collectibles, challenges etc. Only a couple of weapons left to level up.

The only thing I would change: some more meatier optional tombs (similar to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Romulus Lairs), that would require solving more than one tricky puzzle.
  • Deleted user 31 March 2013 23:40:45
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:
    The Darkness 2. Really enjoyed it. Graphically it's lovely. Almost like an enhanced version of The Walking Dead's graphic style but with more spit and polish. Quad-wielding is also a thing of beauty and not just just a bullet-point on the back of the box.

But then after finishing the main campaign, I realised there's a whole additional second Vendettas account.

And all for 6 brand new.
    I really want to get this as well. The first game was a massive suprise to me, loved it.
    Shopto have the ltd edtion,(love the colours and box art on it) for 11, I may have to bite
    It's a great game. The length of the campaign suits it perfectly and the story is on a par with the first and the best of current gen games.
  • theguy 31 Mar 2013 23:55:12 653 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    JonFE wrote:
    Tomb Raider - 9/10 (x360).

Finished it earlier today and, to be honest, I was sad to see it go. Lara finally coming of age.

Took my sweet time with it (almost 20 hours) to find all collectibles, challenges etc. Only a couple of weapons left to level up.

The only thing I would change: some more meatier optional tombs (similar to Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Romulus Lairs), that would require solving more than one tricky puzzle.
    Is there a way to check your play time in game? I felt that the game was quite short albeit enjoyable
  • JonFE 1 Apr 2013 08:58:12 1,452 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @theguy

I think that your save game slot displays game time along with its time stamp - at least that's what I consulted.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 1 Apr 2013 10:30:57 2,440 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bioshock Infinte (pc)

The perfect game for me. Normally I always take a point away from fpses just because its an fps. Its lazy way to get immersion and gurantee sales.
    But in this case its justified.
    Gunplay was brilliant, if i had played it on hard I know i'd have gotten more out of it.
    Story was cracking and had me pouring over forum posts to see what everyone made of it and to clear up a few issues I had with it.
    Liz was a useful companion but did tend to get in the way quite a bit whilst exploring, but not once during combat.

Solid 10/10.

No game is ever perfect, but this game comes close.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Page

of 417 First / Last