• imamazed 4 Jan 2013 10:28:59 5,583 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Rens11 Oh dear.
  • Rens11 4 Jan 2013 14:01:15 1,404 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Raiko101

What's decent then aside from the looks? Puzzles are mediocre hmm how do I solve this bit? Maybe it's that box I just ran past just like the puzzles from before, brain slugs add nothing but padding. The atmosphere it's trying to achieve is lost once you leave the forest and start encountering turrets and grav lifts. it's a flash game where they came up with aesthetic and forgot to add any decent puzzles and gameplay.

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• kinky_mong 4 Jan 2013 14:07:47 10,276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rens11 wrote:
    Limbo

Completed this in one sitting and was around 3 hours of tedium. If you like dragging boxes, water puzzle's and a character who controls like little big planet in treacle then this is the game for you. Style over substance

3/10
    It's an unpopular opinion but one I agree with, I was really disappointed with Limbo after all the hype and felt like it dragged on despite only being 3 hours long.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• King_Edward 4 Jan 2013 14:25:19 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I kind of agree, but I'd give it more than 3/10 for it's art work and story alone. Plus I have a lot of respect for how well they pulled off their idea, even if I think the idea was stupid.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 14:33:27
    Limbo was a pile of shite. Heard it was only a couple of hours long but I couldn't even give it that time.
  • UncleLou Moderator 4 Jan 2013 14:47:12 35,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Rens11 wrote:
    Limbo

Completed this in one sitting and was around 3 hours of tedium. If you like dragging boxes, water puzzle's and a character who controls like little big planet in treacle then this is the game for you. Style over substance

3/10
    It's an unpopular opinion but one I agree with, I was really disappointed with Limbo after all the hype and felt like it dragged on despite only being 3 hours long.
    I'd say "atmosphere over substance", because I thought it was massively atmospheric, and that counts for a lot for me becasue most games, imo, aren't. Although I also liked many of the puzzles.
  • jaxon58 4 Jan 2013 14:49:50 2,422 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sleeping Dogs

Enjoyed it all the way through. There always seemed to be something to do and those things never got boring. It introduces new elements at a nice pace and I enjoyed the story too.

8/10
  • CharlieStCloud 4 Jan 2013 14:50:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    God, some of you are really fickle buggers and incredibly difficult to please ...

... LIMBO is blooming great!
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 14:53:46
    It was the most shallow and superficial shite I've played. It pretty much defines the - otherwise nonsense - statement that Indie games get off with murder.
  • UncleLou Moderator 4 Jan 2013 15:00:58 35,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not played any of the Assassin's Creed games, then?

\o/
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 15:05:00
    Yeah?
  • UncleLou Moderator 4 Jan 2013 15:13:10 35,553 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ambiguous.
  • Raiko101 4 Jan 2013 16:40:00 6,304 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rens11 I was on about those Triple Traid cards!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 16:49:54
    UncleLou wrote:
    Ambiguous.
    OK, I've played a few Ass Creed games, they were superficial, they were somewhat shallow, they (or the three I've played) were infinitely more fun, deep and engaging than Limbo.
  • richardiox 4 Jan 2013 16:52:59 5,596 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mowgli hates indie games because they're Indie. He's the personification of a popcorn culture daily mail reader with an unhealthy penchant for antagonism. Fuck him.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 16:55:30
    You are an idiot. I certainly do not hate indie games you dribbling spaz. Nor any of that other nonsense.

I'm going to risk catching the downs here by engaging you, but where do I say I hate indie games?

Edited by mowgli at 16:56:40 04-01-2013
  • Rens11 4 Jan 2013 17:08:46 1,404 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Raiko101

Haha apologies for the unjustified rant! One day ill raise the funds for a complete set and play you

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• Raiko101 4 Jan 2013 17:13:15 6,304 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rens11 No probs. I did reply quite late and thought it might create some confusion.

Edit - Man... Smart phones, web browsing and I do not go together.

Edited by Raiko101 at 18:46:57 04-01-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• creepylizard 4 Jan 2013 18:58:14 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @mowgli
    Good lord that was weirdly angry sounding...although you,re right in that you did indeed say practically the opposite of hating indie games with your previous post.
    Still, the kind of vitriol that came afterwards would indicate some deep issues I'd imagine..
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 19:04:23
    creepylizard wrote:
    @mowgli
    Good lord that was weirdly angry sounding...although you,re right in that you did indeed say practically the opposite of hating indie games with your previous post.
    Still, the kind of vitriol that came afterwards would indicate some deep issues I'd imagine..
    Nah, just fed up with Richardiox noncing the place up and always attacking me with nonsense statements.
  • SolidSCB 4 Jan 2013 19:25:16 6,702 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So mowgli shits in chairs, abuses animals and hates indie games? Getting on a par with that Hitler bloke to be honest.
  • hypoBla5t 4 Jan 2013 20:15:34 1,412 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Right, completed one game and frankly played enough of another so here we go.

-Journey- (PSN)

Well, I approached this as sceptic-in-chief knowing nothing about it other than it was IGN's GOTY last year. Banged it up on the old PS3 and was basically overawed. I don't often (read: never) describe a game as 'magical' but I will this one. Only 2 hours to finish but it was very much a journey, a proper pilgrimage really, and the ending was just fantastic.

Buy, buy, buy.

-Dungeons of Dredmor- (PC)

I could go on for quite some time here but I'll keep it brief. It was funny, addictive, funny, well designed, funny, it had ace loot and a wicked skill system. Love it, love it, love it.

For about a fiver you can't go amiss.
  • munki83 4 Jan 2013 22:04:08 1,428 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Far Cry 3 PS3 9/10

Despite the games faults this is a brilliant game and one I'd reccomend to anyone. Rather than bore you with huge paragraphs I'm going to be lazy and just list what I like and dont like

+ The games setting is brilliantly realised
    + Vaas is one of the best antagonists this generation
    + Hunting is fun
    + Varied gameplay variety
    + Vaas is awesome
    + Hang-gliding is awesome
    + Vehicles are fun to drive
    + Sneaking is fun
    + bows and arrows are fun
    + taking out enemy bases is awesome
    + climbing towers is fun
    + killing turtles is fun
    + setting fire to monkeys is fun
    + a huge sp campaign as well as mp that I've not even tried yet.
    + fire that reacts semi realistically
    + you can use animals against the enemy
    + the poker is fun

now for the bad points

- The pacing is way off and could do with being fixed in future games. The game should relax and let you take it at your own pace without hinderning you be inhibiting certain skills until you have finished certain missions.
    - Hunting while fun is rendered redundant after a while
    - The second island felt rushed and adds little to the story. A better story could of been told with just Vaas and the first island
    - Too many collectables....seriously they are every where and far too numerous. I got about 40%+ of the relics and got fed up of hunting them down.
    - Fire doesn't seem as fun as it was in Far Cry 2
    - I miss weapons degrading and becoming unreliable.
    - A better story could of been told. I think the writer kinda fucked up with the story. It should of went to the extremes of humanity a bit like the original and Spec Ops the line.
    - The main characters and there friends are to be honest....pains in the ass. I didn't like a single one of them. I think it was semi deliberate but I'm not sure and if it wasn't then they don't know who there target audience really like.
    - Poor endings. I suppose I went for the "bad" ending but it was kinda a let down. I watched the other on YouTube...it was kinda a let down.... ah well
  • Vortex808 4 Jan 2013 23:35:25 7,139 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Walking Dead.

Fuuuuck. What a game!

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I loved it. I could have even done without some of the game-y bits.

10/10.

My mind is still scrambled after finishing it.
  • theguy 5 Jan 2013 00:14:45 653 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Walking Dead.

Fuuuuck. What a game!

It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I loved it. I could have even done without some of the game-y bits.

10/10.

Pretty much this after completing just a bit ago although not sure on a 10/10 myself

Edited by theguy at 00:15:12 05-01-2013
  • King_Edward 5 Jan 2013 00:16:22 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Walking Dead.

Fuuuuck. What a game!

10/10.

This. Totally amazing game.
  • Deleted user 5 January 2013 00:19:09
    Glad to see some other folks realized Limbo was standard Indie style-over-substance trial and error nonsense.

Anything less than a 9/10 for The Walking Dead shows that you are retarded at games and need a new hobby.
  • Bananazniper 5 Jan 2013 03:08:14 628 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Deus Ex: Human revolution 9/10

Don't know why I waited so long to play this, apart from the fact I always buy my games late and cheap. Would've got a 10 if not for the terrible framerate. I mean why? The graphics and animations are not exactly AAA. Hope Thief 4 sorts that out. The game itself was fantastic, one of the best this gen.
  • Page

of 412 First / Last