Recently Completed Games Page 305

• Page

of 405 First / Last

• SteveHolt 31 Dec 2012 13:36:48 425 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    @SteveHolt Kudos and respect there matey.
    \o/ STEVE HOLT!!!
  • Deleted user 31 December 2012 13:50:33
    Far Cry 3

Played in small bursts over the holidays and had a blast. Loved stealthily taking out the outposts especially losing the animals from their cages.

Story was fairly predictable to be honest and featured some really good villians a favorite being Buck despite the horrible rapiness

Loved exploring the Island and hunting the animals.

Think I'll probably go for all the trophies so if anyone wants to help me with the Co-Op on PS3 it would be much appreciated!
  • Raiko101 31 Dec 2012 14:49:35 6,081 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZombiU

I really enjoyed this one. As a horror game, they're only ever scary if you get into them and with this I really did. It's definitely on the short side, but it has some replay value. Survival mode will be an agonising pleasure, i'm sure.

I don't understand the complaints about the controls. They're so easy to work with, but ensure you're not some kind of super-being, capable of destroying everything in sight. It makes you feel weak, which in turn makes the game a lot more tense.

4/5

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• brseg 31 Dec 2012 20:28:55 679 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Far Cry 3 (360) - 5/5

Completed on medium difficulty, 36 hrs. Did most of the side-content. One of the best games I've played this gen, really hooked-me in.

+ Loved the huge open world to explore. Best open world yet?
    + Great animation and graphics. Nice to see NPC and animals interacting.
    + Great free-form missions, you can genuinely tackle them however you like.
    + Weapons feel good. Plenty of variety.
    + Personally I liked the 'tone' of the game, ie slightly bonkers rather than serious.
    + The radio tower platforming is surprisingly fun.
    + Syringe system works well.
    + Hang gliders!
    (Edit) + Gotta say something about the sfx and music, top notch.

- The story was ok, but it had potential to be much better. Actually, I wouldn't care if there were no story at all - Ubi could've saved themselves a few $million there ;)
    - Story missions tend to restrict you, unlike most of the side-missions.
    - Loot system could've been a bit better (weapon/car parts?).
    - Some more survival elements might've been good (food, water?).
    - Skills were ok, some pointless. By the end you have them all anyway.
    - Probably too many cars/fast-travel points, feels a bit too easy to move around.
    - Tombs/caves were good, but little threat in them. Needs more traps.
    - QTE :/

I'll certainly look out for any DLC, but not if its just a few linear missions. I'd like some 'Challenge' missions, e.g. get from point A to point B with just a bow, where they've added lots of patrols, or tigers or something (not like the Trial missions, something longer). Or a ng+ with some changes, so its not just the same thing again.

Edited by brseg at 21:46:05 31-12-2012
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Jan 2013 01:35:11 7,830 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Far Cry 3 (360 Hard all side quests).

Very much enjoyed the single player. Got a little bored around 10 hours but pulled through and I am glad I did.

9/10

Online Co-op however is a broken mess. Tried 12 games tonight and only finished one as the other 11 crashed. Levels are far too long for an online game that is that suspectible to crashing.

1/10 (Would be a 6 if it worked).
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Jan 2013 07:19:01 3,914 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    Far Cry 3

Think I'll probably go for all the trophies so if anyone wants to help me with the Co-Op on PS3 it would be much appreciated!
    Cackbags, sold my copy yesterday! /o\

Gotta fund MGR!
  • Angry_Man_Dan 1 Jan 2013 13:23:22 165 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    Far Cry 3

Played in small bursts over the holidays and had a blast. Loved stealthily taking out the outposts especially losing the animals from their cages.

Story was fairly predictable to be honest and featured some really good villians a favorite being Buck despite the horrible rapiness

Loved exploring the Island and hunting the animals.

I'll go through the co-op stuff with you mate, yet to finish the main story as too many other games on the go! You're already on my friends list so just message me when you're ready!

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• Pure-Ultra 1 Jan 2013 18:38:37 739 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Darksiders 2 - 9/10. Thought it was brilliant and a step up from the first. Special mention to the graphics, some of the best I've seen on 360.
  • YenooR 1 Jan 2013 19:03:19 529 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Assassin's Creed 3.. Found it hard to keep going around memory 8 but glad I did. Finished the main story yesterday and finished the naval battles today.
    Overall I liked,the setting was good but the modern settings story is just nonsense.
    8/10
  • Deleted user 1 January 2013 21:19:49
    The Walking Dead.

Really enjoyed it up to the last episode. It was really short in comparison and the ending just felt like a slap in the face.

I don't know whether it was the choices I made but it all felt like an exercise in futility. A case of the journey is better than the destination, zombie stuff usually is I guess.

A really good experience overall although judging it as a video game does it no favours. However looking at it as interactive entertainment it does a marvellous job of letting you mould the story. It really asks some really interesting, intelligent questions of you. I just wish there had been some larger payoff other than the altercation with the stranger.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 21:21:58 01-01-2013
  • Rens11 1 Jan 2013 23:11:52 1,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Final Fantasy 8

Having got to Disc 3 several times over the years but suffered with a corrupted memory card. Bought on PSN to play on Vita it's been a joy to play and will likely be the GOTY for me and it's only January the 1st!

10/10

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• LionheartDJH 1 Jan 2013 23:53:51 19,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Glad to see you liked it Rens, even so many years on!

Dishonored (PS3)

Loved the story and thought Dunwall a fantastically realised world; felt totally immersed in the environment and the city's plight. The variety of ways to progress through levels and to eliminate targets makes it a joy to play and provides good replay value. Like the chaos system for the fact your actions can have wider reaching consequences and make things worse for you as well as the city itself. Also liked that the targets are normal human beings so there's no clich boss battles.

Love the art style and music and the atmosphere throughout was great, especially liked the Flooded District section which felt really foreboding. Minor gripes with occasionally fiddly controls and the conslol load times aside (quite noticeable when going for a stealthy approach; save, get seen, reload, rinse and repeat) I loved the whole experience and am looking forward to another playthrough going for a high chaos approach. Last game I played in 2012 and probably the best!

10/10

She dives for cheese pasties

• Rens11 2 Jan 2013 01:58:02 1,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @LionheartDJH

Yeah they don't make them like they used to! looks gorgeous (character models aside) thanks to the pre rendered backgrounds and the soundtrack is top notch. Surprised its taken me nearly 2 thirds of my life to complete it when I finished both 7 and 9 years ago!

Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

• onestepfromlost 2 Jan 2013 02:00:41 2,039 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rens11 wrote:
    @LionheartDJH

Yeah they don't make them like they used to! looks gorgeous (character models aside) thanks to the pre rendered backgrounds and the soundtrack is top notch. Surprised its taken me nearly 2 thirds of my life to complete it when I finished both 7 and 9 years ago!
    yeah i never did get round to finsihing 8, i was playing triple triad and kept losing cards to cid and edea and gave up and never went back to it. one day.
  • Raiko101 2 Jan 2013 09:15:15 6,081 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I loved FF8, though on my most recent visit I realised how easy a game it is, and that as long as you draw the right magic, you don't have to waste your time levelling up.

I love the card game though. Wish it were real.

• King_Edward 2 Jan 2013 09:46:09 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Instead you have to waste your time drawing magic. :)

Seriously though, I loved it too. I still have a memory card with a "Congratulations, you the Omega Weapon" save on.

Edited by King_Edward at 09:47:47 02-01-2013
  • Darknight 2 Jan 2013 12:18:42 296 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The one thing I remember about Triple Triad was randomly encountering the "random cards" rule, and having it spread like a virus around the game world, meaning I kept ending up playing hands of 4 low level monsters and 1 summon monster card (which I would inevitably lose).
  • Rens11 2 Jan 2013 13:35:25 1,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah drawing magic, particularly new high level magic was a bit of a pain but I enjoyed the junction system with its flexibility combined with the GF abilities. Triple Triad is the best minigame I've ever played and by being able to refine the cards into magic and items adds more flexibility.
    @ Raiko it is real! Have you not seen the triple triad game you can buy? Came out in Japan and is sometimes on eBay really expensive though!

• drhcnip 2 Jan 2013 17:40:41 2,445 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    finally played limbo - all kinds of awesomeness....loved it

9/10
  • PazJohnMitch 2 Jan 2013 18:56:37 7,830 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    In FF8 which Weapon was in the final castle? (Ultima?)

I killed the other one, Omega? But could not manage the other.

A friend told me there was a limit break called "The End" which was the key. Was Selphie the name of the character that could access it?
  • Deleted user 2 January 2013 18:58:50
    @Angry_Man_Dan You GEM! Thanks man.
  • King_Edward 2 Jan 2013 19:07:06 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    In FF8 which Weapon was in the final castle? (Ultima?)

I killed the other one, Omega? But could not manage the other.

A friend told me there was a limit break called "The End" which was the key. Was Selphie the name of the character that could access it?
    Ultima Weapon was the easier one under the Deep Sea Research Facility. Omega was in the castle.

Selphie could use The End, but it was very, very rare. A more dependable way is to rig Rinoa to always cast Meteor with her Limit Break.
  • bladdard 2 Jan 2013 21:24:08 900 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gravity Rush

+ Excellent visuals
    + Brilliant imaginative game design
    + Lovely open world to explore
    + Fun missions
    + Some really cool powers
    + Nicely timed upgrades providing excellent character progression

- Sloppy platforming controls
    - Sloppy control over super powers (flying, sliding)
    - A lot of repetition when defeating enemies
    - Would prefer to have played it on the big screen - Vita doesn't have TV out :(
    - Difficult challenges (side missions). I gave up on them after a couple, not fun and annoyingly tough.

Great game, loved it - 8/10
  • Rens11 3 Jan 2013 00:08:59 1,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mass Effect 3

Enjoyed it far more than I did 2, which felt like a series of pointless mission's collecting various oddjobs from around the galaxy. Story has more purpose and surprisingly I enjoyed the ending although this was the extended version. New enemies and weapons in 3 gave the combat some variety although the powers still feel tacked on and Shepard's new sprint looks like he's been fucked up the arse!

9/10

Edited by Rens11 at 01:01:10 03-01-2013

• dancingrob 3 Jan 2013 11:15:38 1,155 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rayman Origins

Have played through to the end credits, although I've still a few more things to do to get to the final boss which may or may not ever happen.

+ looks spectacularly beautiful, the animation / colours etc. are better than virtually all the kids TV stuff my children watch.
    + A well paced game, mixing up various different types of stages / introducing new powers etc. at just the right time in general
    + More variety than most platformers, with the flying levels being a particular highlight.
    + No pointless collectibles

= gets very tricky towards the end, and I haven't even got to the post credits bit yet
    = Speed runs / ribbons seem incredibly hard challenges, and look to be well beyond my skill level

- I'm not a big fan of boss fights generally, and one in particularly the first Mocking Bird fight was particularly tricky
    - the inevitable handful of difficulty spikes, although in fairness, these were more down to my ineptitude than bad game design
    - Achievement list is fairly uninspired

I enjoyed this, but it's fair to say I realised that platformers aren't one of my favourite types of game in the process of playing it, in that I could see it was incredibly well done and a very good game, but that something just didn't quite click with me as it should have done.

3* for me / more* for a platformer fan.
  • Rens11 4 Jan 2013 00:34:43 1,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Limbo

Completed this in one sitting and was around 3 hours of tedium. If you like dragging boxes, water puzzle's and a character who controls like little big planet in treacle then this is the game for you. Style over substance

3/10

• waggy79 4 Jan 2013 02:16:13 915 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If I thought something was tedious there's no way I'd stick it for 3 hours. Luckily I thought Limbo was the dogs danglies :-)
  • Rens11 4 Jan 2013 02:35:18 1,389 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I only stuck with it as I have got a couple essay's due soon so I'm trying to clear a backlog of games before I have to start them. Game starts out ok, nice brooding atmosphere with the spiders and tribes people/kids but soon copies every other puzzle game Lazers and boxes plus the game is basically trial and error. If you strip away the aesthetic your left with a game that isn't a decent puzzler, nor platformer or even a decent story. Luckily I got it for free on PS+

Edited by Rens11 at 02:36:18 04-01-2013

• Raiko101 4 Jan 2013 03:45:41 6,081 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Rens11 Holy cows. You have made my year. Now to raise funs and teach the girlfriend how to play it!

• Page

of 405 First / Last