Recently Completed Games Page 302

• Page

of 410 First / Last

• figaro7 2 Dec 2012 21:18:34 1,362 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Borderlands 2

I didnt play co-op, i didnt play online, but you know what, borderlands 2 is probably the best game ive played all year. It goes for hours on end yes, but the world is colourful, full of life, neat little stories, ROBOTS, out of this world enemies and crazy characters. Lets be honest though, your playing this for the next big weapon, the next weapon that can make a tough fight a cakewalk. This is borderlands 2, its addicting, engrossing and just about fun all the way through.

The only gripe i can think of is the save point system, not the checkpoint system which is really good. But saving during a mission and turning the system off and back on puts you pretty much at the start of the mission even if you have passed some checkpoint saves.

Jump on board the borderlands 2 train and you wont want to get off.

9/10
  • Singularity 2 Dec 2012 21:24:26 2,437 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally got around to playing Batman Arkham City.

Utterly great.

• andywilkie35 2 Dec 2012 22:13:40 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hitman: Absolution (PS3)

Superb. Not played a Hitman game before so not having the problem of it not being a "Hitman" game that many are complaining about, but if this is shitter than the last ones then roll on the HD Collection!

9/10

Halo 4 (360 obv)

Finally got around to finishing the campaign and put in a huge amount of hours online.

Campaign is the standard Halo-fare, and - like every other Halo game - it is one I will never play in single player as I find them dreadful, and in co-op there were a few missions that made me consider giving up completely, but then there were a couple that were superb (again, how I always find Halo campaigns)

The multiplayer is - as usual - amazing. Halo is a funny beast for me - it's the only game I play multiplayer as most online games are shite, yet it's the single player that I find boring.

Either way, still gets a good score because the MP is that good.

Might learn one day and just skip the next Halo's campaign entirely.

8/10

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• munki83 3 Dec 2012 01:24:02 1,411 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    The Walking Dead

Stunning. If Zombi U brings back the fear to the undead, then TWD returns the humanity to the living.

10/10
    I just finished episodes 4/5 back to back....The series is amazing even if it does have faults. One of the few games thats managed to tug at my heartstrings the last episode was a fantastic 90 minutes + of gaming.

The only issue I suppose I have is that its more a story than a game. Not that its a bad thing :D. Its also better than the second series of the tv show :D

10/10
  • hypoBla5t 4 Dec 2012 20:24:22 1,391 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dead Space 2 (PC)

Picked it up months ago for 3.74, forgot about it, started it about 2 weeks ago.

Wowzers.

To briefly summarise, the following were ace:

Plot
    Characters
    Graphics
    Atmosphere
    Scariness
    Combat
    Enemies
    Guns

Minus points:
    Last level had a bit of a difficulty spike and last boss was a tad annoying.

Nothing to take the shine off though, a very solid indeed 9/10 from me. Recommended to anyone who hasn't yet played.
  • Mr_Sleep 4 Dec 2012 21:03:54 16,930 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    Dead Space 2 (PC)
    [...]
    Nothing to take the shine off though, a very solid indeed 9/10 from me. Recommended to anyone who hasn't yet played.
    I really wanted to like it as they improved a lot of things from the first game but there was just something about DS2 that didn't inspire me. I didn't much like the extra gun and armour elements, it felt a little RPG-Lite whereas the upgrades and weapons were all a little bit more straight forward on the first one.

Saying that they greatly improved movement and the flying sections. I think it may well be that the general atmosphere and tone just isn't something I want from games any more.

You are a factory of sadness.

• andywilkie35 5 Dec 2012 14:04:51 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zone of the Enders HD (PS3)

Completed it in under four and a half hours, and have absolutely no idea what was going on. Also not really sure if I enjoyed it...I don't have any particular "negative" feelings towards it, but not really anything positive either.

5/10

• Arrit 5 Dec 2012 14:19:55 414 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Final Fantasy XIII (PS3)

Finally got round to finishing this after having had it since launch. Found it a bit unengaging really, nothing specifically broken with it, just a bit dull. The battle system was far to hands off for my tastes and it felt more like I was just watching the fights rather than participating in them. The story was OK as far as those things go but wasn't anything special either.

All in all a very average game.

5/10

Edited by Arrit at 14:20:12 05-12-2012
  • GeezaTap 6 Dec 2012 17:43:30 289 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hell Yeah!
    PS3 (free with PS+ a while back)

+Gorgeous to look at
    +2D platform goodness, with best 2D character to control this side of Mario
    +Fun sense of humour
    +Wario-style lunacy to trigger deaths
    +Good soundtrack

-Some annoying difficulty spikes
    -Story ends up being a let down
    -No Point to 'The Island' (Tamagotchi style gold mine for defeated foes).
  • FuzzyDuck 7 Dec 2012 12:19:34 4,020 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @andywilkie35

Did you try out the MG:R demo on ZoE?
  • Paulie_P 7 Dec 2012 13:55:49 413 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @GeezaTap You've pretty much summed up my thoughts on the game though not sure if we're coming to the same conclusion.

With some of the difficulty spikes, I've had to really grind some of the enemies and the Island part is pretty useful for getting some items but there's no real interaction - you select how many monsters to put where and if they get angry/tired you just pick them up and they automatically get put into the places that recover them.

The controls are very responsive and the graphics are pretty colourful. I liked the initial plotline but some of the comedy falls a bit flat for me. It's an ok game but I don't think I would've bought it if it hadn't been for plus.
  • Monsieur_Blade 8 Dec 2012 19:55:19 343 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Halo 4

Just finished the single player campaign and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I took just under 10 hours to complete it in total, over a 2 week period. I usually take a minimum of a month to get round to completing any game so it must have been doing something right to make me finish it so fast.

Positives:

- Loved the epic feel throughout
    - Really varied missions and locations
    - Plenty of different weapons and vehicles to try out
    - The graphics were pretty stunning and makes me drool at the thought of Halo 5 on the next Xbox!
    - The relationship between Cortana and The Chief was great - I almost shed a tear at the end

Negatives:

- There were a few too many 'Press this switch, now go over to other side of the complex and press this switch...'
    - Could have done with a few more varied enemies as the last 2-3 levels were just dogs and the crazy big orange guys (don't know what they're called?).

Overall I really enjoyed the campaign and am definitely excited to see what 343 do with Halo 5!

8.5/10
  • CitizenGeek 8 Dec 2012 23:35:30 3,465 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
    Enjoyed this a lot. Great installment in a great series. Liked the control system, the micro-management of Motherbase and the story was very interesting too. 9/10

Digital Devil Saga 2
    Enjoyed the first game and had heard great things about the sequel but it was a let-down. Story was ridiculous, difficult to follow and horribly paced. Battles were fun but later boss fights are obscenely difficult and sap the fun of the game.
    6/10
  • figaro7 9 Dec 2012 02:21:08 1,362 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Forza Horizon

+One of if not the best racing mechanics
    +That shine through on or off the road
    +Superb Graphics
    +Very focused on racing not other side stunts
    +Progression system doesnt feel forced

-The world feels lifeless
    -A touch of too much americanism when your driving a majority of european and japanese vehicles
    -World feels quite small and could be more varied

A almost perfect handling system with some fantastic cars to drive on or off the road, just lacks that bit of soul.

8/10
  • kinky_mong 9 Dec 2012 11:22:28 10,122 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lollipop Chainsaw

Poor combat, QTE's every five seconds, terrible minigames that often result in instant death, pisspoor checkpointing, and forced puerile humour that's about as funny as 2 Broke Girls.

This game pretty much proves that Shadow Of The Damned was the one good fluke in Suda 51's output, most likely because of Shinji Mikami's influence.

3/10

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• DUFFMAN5 9 Dec 2012 11:29:03 14,564 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @kinky_mong

...but a cheerleader showing her panties...what is not to like ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• kinky_mong 9 Dec 2012 12:30:31 10,122 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 An achievement permanently on my gamercard for doing just that. oh the shame!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• DUFFMAN5 9 Dec 2012 12:37:56 14,564 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @kinky_mong
    :) Good lad.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• King_Edward 9 Dec 2012 12:38:27 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I never got that one. She kept herself decent in my game.
  • Jazzassin 9 Dec 2012 16:07:41 75 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finally went back to Skyrim to earn the Platinum Trophy (had thought for a while it would no longer be possible without starting a fresh character).

Such a magical world, great characters and quests. Will have to revisit again in full some day... although there are some things I won't do again, like level up enchanting or alchemy. Or some of the other skills.

Still one of my favorite games ever, despite the technical issues and uninspiring combat. 9.5/10.
  • hypoBla5t 11 Dec 2012 20:12:18 1,391 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hotline Miami

This game had one of the most intense first impressions on me ever. Brutal, fast, intense. Loved the soundtrack and the 80s VHS vibe. Basically it felt like the closest I'd get to a game based on American Psycho with all the trippyness and the video store skits etc etc.

Only downer is the 2-3 bullshit / bullshit hard moments throughout the story (a couple of bosses and one chapter) that seemed a bit 'cheap' if I can use the phrase.

Anyway, not sure I can put a score on it really as it's a bit soon but it's going to be an 8/10 from me.

Buy. Play. Kill. Enjoy.
  • FWB 11 Dec 2012 23:44:42 44,209 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    After a long break from gaming, I decided to finish off Rage. I remember thinking how good it looked (on the Xbox), and it does. The AI wasn't too shabby either, but the gameplay was pretty damn repetitive and the ending awful. Shit enemies, no inspuration and clearly rushed.

6/10
  • Deleted user 13 December 2012 18:29:23
    Far Cry 3 - PC

OK, let's start with a confession: If ever there was a game that made me feel like I was in an abusive relationship, it would be FC3. I loved it so very, very much but every time I declare my undying adoration, it punches me in the guts before telling me it'll be home sometime after midnight reeking of beer and meaningless, guttural sex.

+ Vass is probably the second most entertaining and visceral antagonist I've had the pleasure to come across in a video game. He's genuinely engaging and an omnipresent threat - plus, the voice acting of the character always keeps him just within the gravelly and malevolent realms of reality.

+The islands are stunning, absolutely picture-postcard perfect and I think I've wasted a good couple of hundred megs on screen captures and photos.

+ Free form sandboxing done perfectly right. Gives the player the freedom to explore and use the environment at will.

- The 'boss' fights, though I use the term loosely.
    - The friends' cast and script being awful.
    - Sneaking suspicion a huge chunk of the game (1/3) was chopped and yet the second island is barely necessary.
    - Tiny bit of AC Syndrome - climbing towers and doing the same tasks ad nauseam can get tiresome.
    - Poor story pacing and spare me pretentious 'mysticism' as a plot device.

It's still an immense and praiseworthy game but for all of the positives, the actual end product doesn't do the technology justice it well and truly deserves.

8/10

Edited by HurbleBurble at 18:32:25 13-12-2012

Edited by HurbleBurble at 18:50:20 13-12-2012
  • Deleted user 13 December 2012 18:47:58
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    Dead Space 2 (PC)

Picked it up months ago for 3.74, forgot about it, started it about 2 weeks ago.

Wowzers.

To briefly summarise, the following were ace:

Plot
    Characters
    Graphics
    Atmosphere
    Scariness
    Combat
    Enemies
    Guns

Minus points:
    Last level had a bit of a difficulty spike and last boss was a tad annoying.

Totally agree with you here. Couldn't fault the game, liked everything about it, apart from that self regenerating prick of a last boss! :D
  • kinggibbon 13 Dec 2012 19:51:52 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Assassins Creed 3 - PC

Graphics - Beautiful. Just don't put anti aliasing to Very High.

Story - Pretty good though seems to leave series open still.

Combat - Still easy to kill everyone but then, you are a well trained assassin.

In the end I give it 9 out of 10 but then again, I am pretty much a fanboy of the AC series. Even ended up buying an Ezio costume and a black version of Desmonds hoodie...
  • waggy79 15 Dec 2012 11:29:18 943 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just Cause 2 - pc

17 hours later and I've done the main story (27% complete!)

On to mercenary mode. Fantastic game.
  • Adamical 15 Dec 2012 17:28:06 314 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Silent Hill HD Collection - Xbox 360

Silent Hill 2 - 8/10
    Silent Hill 3 - 6/10

SH2 had a superb atmosphere despite its ageing appearance. The puzzles were great as was the location. The biggest problem with it, though, is the controls: I know it's "classic", but they really got in the way sometimes, often making combat (which is already pretty iffy) a complete chore. Still, it was a brilliant place to be for time I was there, and the story was an interesting one.

SH3's combat was ever-so-slightly better, largely due to better auto-aim, which meant fewer missed attacks, but it was still pretty annoying. Even worse, the atmosphere was a fraction of 2's. My biggest gripe was the story and pacing though: not only did the game kick into monster madness too soon in my opinion, but there were parts of the story that were lost on me having never played the first Silent Hill, which I had to have explained by a friend. That's not the game's fault, obviously, but it certainly impacted my enjoyment of it.

There were also a few weird audio problems with SH3 as well, but nothing too major.
  • TechnoHippy 16 Dec 2012 20:09:19 14,707 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dishonoured

This was good fun if over a little quickly. I started off nicely, but soon left a trail of corpses in my wake.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Raiko101 17 Dec 2012 04:44:16 6,210 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kid Icarus: Uprising

The controls are very awkward, but you can find comfortable positions to play in and it's well worth persevering until you are comfy. This game is amazing. It's beautiful to look at, with some stunning stages. The non-stop character dialogue is very much entertaining and it's such a big game. There's so much to unlock, make and use. I've enjoyed every second of it so far and i'll be playing through it again on harder difficulties straight away.

5/5 or 10/10

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• andywilkie35 17 Dec 2012 11:38:31 5,338 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Wasn't a huge fan of the first game, found it tedious and frustrating but after leaving this for years on account of that, finally decided to give it a go.

Fucking hell, an incredible step up on the first game. Even the multiplayer - which I assumed would be tacked on - was a blast and still has a vibrant community, but the single player experience was hugely enjoyable. End boss was terrible but that didn't really take anything away from the experience overall. A lot of laugh-out-loud moments as well.

Picked up Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition on the cheap too so will start that when it arrives, very much looking forward to that.

10/10

• Page

of 410 First / Last