Recently Completed Games Page 301

• Page

of 405 First / Last

• dancingrob 26 Nov 2012 12:12:16 1,154 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360)

As usual, I'm a couple of years behind...

+ looks great, and just climbing / jumping around Rome is fun as the city has a distinct feel and personality, particularly just the chatter from bystanders
    + additions such as city management were surprisingly enjoyable
    + just enough variety in the missions, although as with AC2 the dungeon/platformy sections were perhaps the standout
    + Some decent characters
    + interesting take on MP. It's far too late to join in on a regular basis, as only the hardcore are left, but from a brief game or two, it seemed fun

- perhaps not quite varied enough from AC2. Not sure I'd want to play this as a yearly release
    - I still don't care about the whole Desmond back story
    - quite a lot of popup, particularly in the fields surrounding the city
    - minor map issues with cliffs etc.
    - story doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but this maybe typical middle-part-of-a-trilogy-itis
    - main villain just wasn't that villanous

4*
  • DaM 26 Nov 2012 12:16:34 12,897 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Borderlands! Having started the sequel, I remembered I had to finish the first one. Had completed about 2/3rds a while back.

Excellent game, really enjoyed it. Not sure if I got most out of the last couple of areas...I just literally ran through them at top speed, ignoring anything attacking me :)
  • HarryPalmer 26 Nov 2012 13:26:27 3,104 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Dear Esther
    It's basically like walking around an art gallery for an hour.
    DAMNING CRITICISM
  • RyanDS 26 Nov 2012 13:36:59 9,056 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Assassin's Creed 3

Hmm... definitely the worst in the series.

+Gameplay improved
    +Looked pretty
    +I really enjoyed the Desmond bits.
    +The Naval stuff was awesome to the MAX.
    +I like the individual recruits....

-Only saw a couple of the recruits. As the map is broken and liberation missions don't show up I gave up trying to find the others after more than two hours of searching the streets.
    -Boring shit world. Whoever chose the American revolution as the backdrop should be shot.
    -A wide open forest? With way points 20000m away? Fuck that
    -Cities with identikit buildings, no exciting historical buildings, and streets to wise to jump? How fucking stupid.
    -Not one single memorable character in the game, apart from Haytham who would have been an actual interesting protaganist.
    -Not enough Naval stuff.
    -Loved the Peg Leg missions... would have been nice to actually manage to find more than two of them (See again broken map.)
    -In general is just boring.
    -Some really fucking annoying missions (eg Chasing Lee.)

It's a shame really, the controls and general gameplay were so much improved from the previous ones, but the fact everything was so far apart and the world was so boring means it was all wasted.

5.5/10
  • andytheadequate 26 Nov 2012 13:43:37 8,075 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Dear Esther
    It's basically like walking around an art gallery for an hour.
    DAMNING CRITICISM
    I could work for Edge with hard hitting critiques like that
  • berryl227 27 Nov 2012 18:01:42 109 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Crysis PS 3

Finally finished having had it on download since release. Really enjoyable game strangely prefered the second half with the introduction of the aliens and a great disorientating trip through the space ship was a real highlight. looked great although a few dodgy issues with the Chinese soldiers such as animation and repeated faces distract somewhat. The enemy AI can be a little erratic too.

The multiple ways to tackle a target or area are a refreshing antidote to the current crop of corridor shooters. Who needs scripted events when you can create your own.

Looking forward to crysis 2 thanks to PS +

9/10
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Nov 2012 18:34:36 14,392 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hitman
    Score 5/10 (if it did not have the bug 7/10)

My score is based on the fact that once again a game is shipped with a game breaking bug. I got all the way to the Epilogue only for the game to crash and then erase all save data. SE know about this problem (I posted about it in the Hitman thread)I have not got the heart or game time to go back and start again.

The game itself was mostly fun. I only played on normal as I wanted to enjoy without the frustration of the harder settings, however I would have liked to gone back and ramped the skill up on some missions, this of course was not going to happen once the game crashed. Even though I was playing normal skill level I did try and play in the "Hitman" stealth style and for most parts it worked, some of the Hits were a great deal of fun. Some areas levels were better than others of course. I enjoyed the v/o work and thought the game looked good, it reminded me of Max Payne 3 a lot in style and gameplay.

The contracts was an excellent idea and I would have spent more time in them, this may also drag me back to a rental of the game at a later date.

p.s...sorry but I thought the nuns were hot ;)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 18:35:29 27-11-2012

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• HarryPalmer 28 Nov 2012 09:20:08 3,104 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dishonored - 8/10

If I played through this again over a weekend I think I'd enjoy it more. As it was it took me a few weeks of fragmented playing. I never got truly involved in the story, and the last few missions felt like a drag. But the game world is astonishing, and the tools it gives you are really fun.

I just never really cared that much, and the final hit was a bit of a let down.
  • Stranded87 28 Nov 2012 11:23:29 850 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @HarryPalmer I'm not sure playing it over a weekend would help, the story just isn't that involving. Which is a shame, since the world they've crafted is potentially very interesting, but yeah the story is easily one of the weakest points in the game.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Nov 2012 11:57:10 14,392 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @harryPalmer
    @Stranded

It seems we will be getting a second game, which is great news and deserved,so will be interested to see what revisions are made.

• andywilkie35 28 Nov 2012 12:03:25 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (PSVita)

I'm a huge fan of 999 after importing that a couple of years ago on the DS so was looking forward to playing the sequel, so imported that also on the Vita.

Much like the first game, the story and characters really drag you in, with multiple endings with each "strand" giving slightly more information each time, to finally give you the final, full picture after over 30 hours.

The voice acting is some of the best I've come across, without a single person being irritating. Very glad I imported it too as the voices really added to the atmosphere. If there had been an option to turn them off then I would have waited for the UK release but as this wasn't possible, the US version was a great purchase.

Like santashi's review a page or two back mentions, the ending could annoy a few people - which obviously I won't go into - but overall it's my GOTY by far, and can't see anything beating it before the end of the year.

10/10

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• Deleted user 28 November 2012 12:13:12
    Black Ops 2 (PS3)

Single player:

+ Scripted bits still seem really cool.
    +Enjoyable
    +Some of the later levels are cool, and liked the choice options even if they were press square or x
    +Strike force though being clunky were sort of cool
    +Liked the new weapons

-Didn't really have a clue what going on to be honest.
    -Had some really weird audio glitches with vocals
    - No real tactics, just pretty much run and gun
    - Trent reznor score was dissapointing, and i really like his previous stuff
    - Superficial hollywood gaming, but at least it did offer some new bits

Sp -Perfectly playable, but nout really new. 5/10
    MP - I like a lot, so far 9/10

Edited by joelstinton at 12:13:45 28-11-2012
  • FatsoJetson 28 Nov 2012 13:23:19 302 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @andywilkie35

How does VLR compare to something like Corpse Party?

I get the sense that they are quite similar, and while the rave reviews here for VLR intrigue me, Corpse Party left me cold (no pun intended). I gave up after about 5 hours.
  • Stranded87 28 Nov 2012 13:47:11 850 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I gave up on 999 after 20 minutes and Corpse Party after a couple of hours. 999 probably is a great game and I know I can't judge it after 20 minutes, so I won't, but I won't be playing it either, even though by all accounts it should be something I'd love. As such I've lost interest in VLR.

Corpse Party I played enough to feel comfortable saying it's poorly designed from a gameplay perspective e.g unclear puzzles where you have to do random things (or do the same thing multiple times) with little to no prompting and a bit early on where a ghost kept killing me over and over again even once I knew what I needed to do, and then of course I had to watch the same really long un-skippable cut scene/conversation every time I tried it. No.

I used put up with major flaws in games, particularly if they had a strong story, as I do love a good yarn, but life's too short and I just don't have the time or patience anymore.

Edited by Stranded87 at 13:48:39 28-11-2012
  • FatsoJetson 28 Nov 2012 14:50:21 302 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stranded87 wrote:
    a bit early on where a ghost kept killing me over and over again even once I knew what I needed to do, and then of course I had to watch the same really long un-skippable cut scene/conversation every time I tried it. No.
    If you're referring to the bit in the nurse's office then that's what killed my enthusiasm for the game too.
  • andywilkie35 28 Nov 2012 15:26:15 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @FatsoJetson

Haven't played Corpse Party to be honest mate, something I have meant to get around to one day!

• BritishBlue1 28 Nov 2012 15:48:35 128 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @king26

I would have said don't bother with U3 online mode, the manic sprinting ruined it. At first I really couldn't get my head around the lack of sprinting in Uncharted 2 multiplayer but I gradually began to enjoy it very much, it gives the fighting it's own rhythm. Most importantly it gives you time to think about your next course of action before some knob can sprint over and wipe the floor with you using a bastard shotgun.
  • Stranded87 28 Nov 2012 18:08:56 850 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FatsoJetson Yeah that was the bit. I hear it gets a bit more forgiving in that sense later on, but it had already lost me after that. It's just such terrible design.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2012 23:29:45
    Professor Layton and the curious Village (Ds)

(Yeah i know about 4345 years late)

A rather charming game.

+Lovely art style
    + Well thought out mystery, and puzzle implementation
    + Good story, mystery world, and characters
    +Great side 'quests', actually wanted to get all the scraps, inn items, etc (done 112/120 puzzles, shall go back to finish the rest)
    +genuinely hard puzzle, brain teasers

-Some of the puzzles wording were a bit hit and miss, and a probably a few too many trick questions.
    -Not much else really!

8/10

also really surprised this hasn't been snapped up and movietised. It be a great series if handled well.

Edited by joelstinton at 23:34:06 29-11-2012
  • Pure-Ultra 30 Nov 2012 00:04:39 738 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tales of the Abyss, 8/10. Good solid RPG action for 3ds. Nothing spectacular but an enjoyable romp for 50 hours approx.
  • FatsoJetson 30 Nov 2012 00:18:02 302 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Walking Dead

Stunning game, although I'm not sure game is the right word. It was an experience in the way the TV series isn't (and I really like the TV show). I think it really conveyed the horror and tension of what living through a zombie apocalypse is like. The characters are smartly drawn so that there's no obviously good or bad people, which makes some of the decisions you have to take really difficult.

For me, the series hit its emotional high point in episode 3, but 4 and 5 - which I played through these past two nights - upped the stakes nicely and were really satisfying conclusions.

Can't wait for series two.

9/10
  • RobTheBuilder 30 Nov 2012 00:25:51 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finally got round to finishing Deux Ex: HR.

As someone who loved the first game, I was really pleased that this game felt like a true following of the spirit of the original.

Some of the exploration is great fun, though following the map was sometimes a pain in the arse.

Great game overall.

9/10
  • andywilkie35 30 Nov 2012 09:17:41 5,338 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @joelstinton

Great game isn't it. There is actually a movie though! Think it's called Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva or something. I've had it for ages and never got round to watching it...maybe this weekend :)

• lordofdeadside 30 Nov 2012 10:08:58 1,097 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dishonored 360

Brilliant stuff. A beautiful, captivating world married to perfect stealthy game play. It's also very good at letting you play in different ways if stealth goes wrong. It's a perfect blend between Half Life 2, Bioshock and Fable. My GOTY easily.

10/10
  • Deleted user 30 November 2012 10:12:55
    andywilkie35 wrote:
    @joelstinton

Great game isn't it. There is actually a movie though! Think it's called Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva or something. I've had it for ages and never got round to watching it...maybe this weekend :)
    really? i have to check that out! take it was straight to dvd? i think the franchise as potential to be a well recieved critically and commerically success!

Yeah, i was impressed with it, took me a while to complete (13 odd hours, but over a month and a half), but i like the easy drop and out play. Gameplay was a nice change as well, been a while since i played a point and click! Overall it was well thought out, i got a couple of bonuses to play as well. Plenty of content. Pandora box shall be brought early next year.
  • Nitrous 1 Dec 2012 09:35:40 335 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS3)
    Borrowed this from my uncle along with Revelations as ive already played AC1,2 and some of the 3rd game on the 360.

+ Graphics look great
    + The map is packed with things to do
    + Recruit Assassins

- Felt more like an addon pack to AC2 as it didnt feel varied enough
    - The story didnt seem to make much sense to me

Overall I enjoyed the game but I still think AC2 is the best in the series so far, Revelations is next up!
  • King_Edward 1 Dec 2012 12:16:32 11,454 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Walking Dead

Stunning. If Zombi U brings back the fear to the undead, then TWD returns the humanity to the living.

10/10
  • Bremenacht 1 Dec 2012 12:34:06 17,600 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nitrous wrote:
    Overall I enjoyed the game but I still think AC2 is the best in the series so far, Revelations is next up!
    Don't hold your breath waiting for the 'Revelations'!

I agree about AC2. All Botherhood and Inflations did for me was to ensure that I won't be buying AC3 for a while. I really want to enjoy AC3, rather than get that 'more of the same (with bells on)' feeling.
  • Paulie_P 1 Dec 2012 21:03:50 410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Stranded87 no, it doesn't get much easier, there are a few insta kill ghosts that make the game painful. I loved the story though.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Dec 2012 09:10:36 14,392 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Family Guy BttM:
    Hours: 8+

Played and completed this over the last 4 evenings.

The basic gameplay is third person shooter with some platforming and collecting into the mix. Every level has a boss fight at the end.
    I did love the Giant Chicken bits, played out very much like the show.

Some of the jokes are funny, loads of sound bites from the show, which sometime don't fit the scene at all, and are heavily repeated of course.

The art style is fine, some nice areas, the cast look a little off, but not enough to put you off the game, some new voice over work it would seem, but as I mention we also get a lot of recyled material.
    Lois has some filthy (funny) lines, but she is pure hot filth anyway!

The MP is local only so if you play your games alone you aint getting any Death match action...unless you are a cheveo whore with 2 pads ;)

Overall I enjoyed the game, I love 'toon games, I do not feel the need to try and farm for extra outfits or cheveos though, so back to lovefilm I think.
    Next ‘toon game will be the hopefully awesome South Park.

...after me...Have you heard, that the Bird is the wor...

It is a 5/10 maybe a 6/10 if you are an uber fan.

• Page

of 405 First / Last