Recently Completed Games Page 300

• Page

of 404 First / Last

• Raiko101 20 Nov 2012 16:50:12 6,051 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    @Raiko101 Those Nintendo guys must've paid you well for that review ;)

OJ - each to their own I guess. I hated Other M, it's faults have been discussed widely so I won't go into them here.
    After the first hour or so, I wasn't amazingly impressed, but as the game opens up I started enjoying it more and more. It's definitely more of an action game now, but i've no complaints with that.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• King_Edward 20 Nov 2012 19:16:29 11,454 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LittleBig Planet Karting

Disappointing. No tournaments, cups, leagues or any competitive structure whatsoever. A big shame as the racing mechanics are great, and later in the campaign when the track design is fully fleshed out there are some fantastic tracks (a Wipeout themed one, and one that bares a striking resemblance to Rainbow Road spring to mind).

A confusing approach to cooperative play too. You can sign in 4 players and most races claim to be 4 player, but actually starting a race forces player 3 and 4 to get booted.

Also the first game where an online pass has actually affected my enjoyment. When I took it round a friend's house for a games night we couldn't access any online level, which left us stuck with to (mostly locked, and 2 player only) campaign levels.

5/10
  • mr_ruberfon 20 Nov 2012 19:33:14 52 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Halo Anniversary.
    Quite pleased with myself actually, as I didn't finish this first time round, got stuck on the escape sequence.

Really enjoyed it, new graphics are great and gameplay still stands up. Played online multiplayer for the first time, with randoms, great fun.

The best in the series, I think, unless Halo 4 can beat it. And it's up next...
  • Deleted user 21 November 2012 00:58:14
    Halo 4

Went in with minimal expectations fearing another Halo 2 & 3 debacle but this was better than expected. It starts off a bit wrong-headed with some QTEs and that hopping from ladder to ladder bit but got better and better from there on. Unfortunately the last stage is pure tedium which was something of a disappointment so it loses a point for that and it still doesn't hold a candle to Reach which is a league ahead imo. I'm going to score this against Halo: CE and Reach and not just as a fps in general.

7/10
  • TheHammerite 21 Nov 2012 06:08:45 1,512 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ninja Gaiden SMS

Played it on my psp. It's a great entry in the series, and I think largely forgotten. Which is surprising as it's actually superior to the nes games.
  • Raiko101 21 Nov 2012 07:19:35 6,051 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's a good sign if your PSP made it through a Ninja Gaiden game without being damaged. I've refrained from buying the NES version for my 3DS. I can't afford to replace that right now.

• TheHammerite 21 Nov 2012 07:41:25 1,512 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, the nes versions are on the unfair side of hard. There comes a point where you have to say it was just bad level design.
  • Mikeeeboy1 21 Nov 2012 14:08:42 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @King_Edward
    Sonic racing transformed is where it's at if you want a
    structured and fun karting game.
  • King_Edward 24 Nov 2012 14:20:20 11,454 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Mikeeeboy1

Yep. The EG Sonic review came in the same day they dispatched my LBP: Karting. I was gutted.

Anyway.

Okami HD

I tried desperately to hold back the tears, but it just wasn't possible. Deeply beautiful, with an art style that doesn't just look good, but leaks into the story and gameplay too.

I've heard some people say the game is padded, but I couldn't disagree more. I don't think there's a second more in Okami than there needs to be. I couldn't just be the reliving of a 100 year old story, it had to be bigger and grander. If it wasn't we'd miss out some of the games best characters.

I think it's about as close to perfect as any game of this type has ever gotten.

10/10
  • CosmicFuzz 24 Nov 2012 14:29:28 23,086 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Okami is good but definitely padded.

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• andytheadequate 24 Nov 2012 15:10:16 8,075 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dear Esther

I thought I might enjoy it as I really liked To The Moon, but I can't believe it received decent reviews, it's "game" with no gameplay and an average at best story. It's basically like walking around an art gallery for an hour. I feel robbed even though it only cost a few quid

Edited by andytheadequate at 15:10:51 24-11-2012
  • Raiko101 24 Nov 2012 15:11:28 6,051 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I guess it all comes down to what you want from an experience. It doesn't sound like my cup of tea, but I know a few people who would probably love it.

• monkehhh 24 Nov 2012 15:14:50 3,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I enjoyed it as a tech demo, the Source engine looks fantastic.
  • King_Edward 24 Nov 2012 15:44:45 11,454 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Like I said. I disagree.
  • drhcnip 24 Nov 2012 15:47:37 2,432 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    the only padding that killed it for me was the replaying of all the bosses - no....fucking....point.....

other than that, i loved the game
  • King_Edward 24 Nov 2012 16:06:14 11,454 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    drhcnip wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    the only padding that killed it for me was the replaying of all the bosses - no....fucking....point.....

other than that, i loved the game
    I'll give you that one. Although I do think there was a point to it in terms of the story, but they should've changed how you fight each of them.
  • drhcnip 24 Nov 2012 16:10:06 2,432 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    yeah , could've dealt with that....had no problem with it in terms of the story ( i think - some years ago now) but there's no need to make us fight all of them all over again....
  • EMarkM 25 Nov 2012 13:20:35 3,173 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Finished Mass Effect 3 on PS3 this morning.

I didn't want to do any of the online stuff, so I guess I was limited for choices in the end. The right-hand ramp move towards me, and I didn't even think about heading straight on - is that one of the three choices?

Anyway, right-hand ramp for me ("destruction"?) and I really quite liked the ending after all.

Good to see the end of the story, and managed to take a peek at Garrus and Tali's little romance scene and one or two other nice story moments before it all hit the fan.

I've enjoyed the three games, although I never actually completed the second one as my 360 blew up whilst I was part way through it.

Games currently on the go, still to finish: Zelda Skyward Sword, Zack & Wiki, Sam & Max Wii, Dragon's Dogma, Uncharted 2 & 3, a Tomb Raider trilogy I picked up for PS3, Simon the Sorcerer 3 (!),Final Fantasy XIII-2, plus Nicola has bought me Dark Souls PTD for Christmas.

More time needed!
  • king26 25 Nov 2012 17:33:53 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Be sure to give uncharted 2 and particularly 3 online a good go. Obviously the story modes are brilliant, but the online can be very addictive!
  • king26 25 Nov 2012 17:33:54 546 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Be sure to give uncharted 2 and particularly 3 online a good go. Obviously the story modes are brilliant, but the online can be very addictive!
  • TechnoHippy 25 Nov 2012 17:51:52 14,698 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Halo 4

I've enjoyed all the Halo games (some more than others) and this proved no exception. One of the things I like about the Halo series is the sense of scale you get. You always feel part of something epic, whether in scale or in the story.

A good continuation, although the ending is bitter sweet.

8/10 (Naturally :-) )

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Lunastra78 25 Nov 2012 18:05:03 6 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Got the Platinum trophy for Dark Souls yesterday.

Surprisingly, NG+ and NG++ were a breeze. Only died a handful of times (hello Anor Londo archers) and only took about 10 hours.
  • FatsoJetson 25 Nov 2012 19:18:59 302 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dishonored

Basically Deus Ex Does Dunwall.

Loved it. Probably my game of the year. Part of me wants to give it another go, to try all the different routes and possibilities but maybe in a year or two. I enjoyed 'my' playthrough so much I'd worry another route might be a disappointment by comparison.

Anyway, yeah, other assassin games this year have a lot to live up to.

9/10
  • EMarkM 25 Nov 2012 19:34:53 3,173 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    king26 wrote:
    Cheers - will do!
  • EMarkM 25 Nov 2012 19:37:43 3,173 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FatsoJetson wrote:
    I enjoyed 'my' playthrough so much I'd worry another route might be a disappointment by comparison.
    That's how I was with Deus Ex: HR - I would have liked to have seen some other bits of the game and other endings, but for now "my" game is still in my memory and my heart, and I don't want to "overwrite" that.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2012 22:04:42
    Dishonored.

I'm surprised by just how 'meh' I found this.

Nice visuals, spent most of it bored. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood. Found Blink overly fiddly and the game in general suffered from needing to use the Orange view constantly.

6/10

Edited by AdamAsunder at 22:07:47 25-11-2012
  • Pinky_Floyd 25 Nov 2012 22:10:17 7,343 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AdamAsunder wrote:
    Dishonored.

I'm surprised by just how 'meh' I found this.

Nice visuals, spent most of it bored. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood. Found Blink overly fiddly and the game in general suffered from needing to use the Orange view constantly.

Before Arkham I may have been more ensmoured but that felt a lot more fluid.

6/10
    You played it on console? Blink was great with a mouse.

I'm doing well, finished Borderlands 2 and Dishonered.  Not bad for an old guy with wife, job, kids and another on the way.

I don't need cheevos.  Just finding time to finish something is an accomplishment in itself. 

Also, LOVED dishonored.  15 hour play time.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2012 22:54:34
    Controller, just felt really imprecise. I'm aware I'm probably in the minority, most people love it.

For me, once you get past the aesthetics it's a very rote stealth 'em up. The AI of your enemies is seriously limited, making for really uninteresting stalking.

Edited by AdamAsunder at 22:58:01 25-11-2012
  • lavalant 25 Nov 2012 23:06:01 1,266 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You don't have to play it like that though, you don't have to stealth at all, you can go in rats blazing, using the vast array of powers and weapon. That#s what's so great about it, the freedom to play your own way.
  • Deleted user 25 November 2012 23:16:56
    I did a bot of both through my playthrough, the combat also felt uninspired. You can have all the fancy toys but if the enemies are mindless drones then what's the point?

Edited by AdamAsunder at 23:18:06 25-11-2012
  • Page

of 404 First / Last