Recently Completed Games Page 3

• Page

of 412 First / Last

• MikeD 19 Jun 2005 13:15:47 10,063 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Halo 2 (in co-op. though).

I can now understand people's problems with the ending. It completely ruins what should be the exhilerating "I finished the game" feeling.
  • urizen 19 Jun 2005 13:49:24 2,158 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MikeD wrote:
    Halo 2 (in co-op. though).

I can now understand people's problems with the ending. It completely ruins what should be the exhilerating "I finished the game" feeling.

Co-ops the way to play it imo. I've played through Halo and Halo 2 on my own once only, but in co-op a fair few times.

As for the ending..you see, I don't get it. While I realise I'm in a minority of one, the ending, far from pissing me off, was one of those great, arse-kicking cliff-hangers. I didn't feel remotely let down, or even peeved that I'd have to wait for the next installment.

Then again, I think Halo 2 is better than Halo - mostly because of the Arbiter (the object of many people's loathing). So, I'd better shut up. :)

Games finished: just wrapped up Haunting Ground, which was a great surprise. Best survival-horror / adventure I've played in a while. Struggling through Timesplitters 3 and wondering what I ever saw in the first two.
  • Retroid Moderator 19 Jun 2005 14:23:01 44,782 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cold Winter.

Best FPS I've played on PS2.

Damning it with faint praise, there, aren't I?
  • Derblington 19 Jun 2005 15:58:27 21,638 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    Cold Winter.

Best FPS I've played on PS2.

Damning it with faint praise, there, aren't I?

I might pick this up soon, I fancy some shooting.

Just finished LEGO Star Wars. Unlocked everything, superb little game.
  • Darth_Flibble 19 Jun 2005 16:12:17 1,694 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished Advent rising last weekend - a bit shit overall

about half way through San andreas, so i should finish that soonish

know that I've met someone I doubt I'll have time to finish games soon

• mentat 19 Jun 2005 16:25:52 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've just finished Boktai: The sun is in your hands.

Lovely little game, though it's kinda tricky to use it properly - you're supposed to sit in the sun to power it, but you then can't see the screen. So apart from the contortions, it's a great little game.
  • mrharvest 19 Jun 2005 16:47:58 5,198 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just finished Jak 3. Initially it was very enjoyable but some of the missions in the latter half -- grr, maybe it's just me but I had to redo every second missiong five - ten times. Not very funny. It's that learn-em-up gaming mechanic: you won't stand a chance on the first go in most of the racing / on rails shooting bits but only after you've memorised a good bit of where the enemies /checkpoints / holes pop up you'll get through it.
  • morriss 19 Jun 2005 17:22:45 70,997 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Full Throttle - surprisingly easy, but a great game.

Still Life - another great game (EG review?? - *cough* *cough*)
  • Decoded 19 Jun 2005 18:14:45 4,426 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just done Onimusha 3. Loved it and the last few bosses were much less hassle than I expected \o/
  • sephy 19 Jun 2005 18:33:14 4,036 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    5hrs later and I finished LOTR: the two towers \o/

Not a game I would buy new, but worth the 2 from ebay. read into that what you will
  • itamae 20 Jun 2005 07:08:07 9,883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Completed over the weekend:

P.N. 03 (GC): Best tenner I've spent in a long while. Like Resident Evil 4's Mercenaries mini-game? Well, then this might be the perfect game for you. Excellently balanced arcade-style blast-em-up, a wee bit short but tremendous fun.

Lunar Legend (GBA): otto was right after all, the game is too easy, and except for the very first and the very last boss I easily kicked my enemies' backsides. Story and characters are pretty generic, but it features the cutest little sprites I've seen in a videogame (kawaii!) so all is forgiven.

Next on the agenda: Front Mission 4 and Boktai 2.
  • sephy 20 Jun 2005 16:24:59 4,036 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    and the 3rd game in two days is...... Tony Hawk's underground

some crazy levels goals at the end of that one

I seem to be having a habit of finishing several games within a few days....
  • MikeD 20 Jun 2005 16:35:18 10,063 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sephy wrote:
    and the 3rd game in two days is...... Tony Hawk's underground

some crazy levels goals at the end of that one

The final mission is crazy. Took me a few tries, I can tell you that. :-)
  • Deleted user 20 June 2005 17:22:01
    the las game I finished was Halo 2. Back in Christmas.

Why...? I tend to play 'games without endings' (Like Zoo Keeper), lose interest (HL2) because they are just too damn long.

I'm hoping I'll finish Zelda before Another Code comes out...

The other (major!) reason... WoW...

Just can't play anything else!!!

/looks at MGS3 and GT4 gathering dust...
  • mentat 22 Jun 2005 01:56:18 5,613 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've just finished Half Life 2...

Not a bad game. Lacked a little in the beginning - especially that god awful airboat bit, but picked up towards the end.

I really enjoyed the last couple of chapters.

Spose i've got to sit and wait for the third one now...
  • kentmonkey 23 Jun 2005 08:38:04 20,691 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rayman Revolution last night. Owned it for nearly 3 years & finally decided just before my holiday that I really should play it & not leave it gathering dust any longer. 12 hours later, & whilst it wasn't anything amazing, I'm glad I spent the time on it. Glitchy & quite a few crashes & deaths that shouldn't have been because the game engine breaks up & kills you for no reason, but it was a good 6.

Now for Ninja Gaiden, so far on Stage 10 & not really had that many problems with it (only one boss thus far, the flying woman which I beat on my 4th go but I get the feeling it was by complete fluke rather than skill). Can't say I can really see how people have so much problem with it, the attack patterns are basic & as long as you get used to blocking, you really shouldn't have any trouble. It's perhaps more difficult than most games but it's not bastard har IMO.
  • itamae 23 Jun 2005 09:08:34 9,883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    While I agree that Ninja Gaiden isn't that hard the problem with the battle against Alma is that the last save point is simply too far away. To get to her you have to get past several giant zombies, a basic jumping puzzle, swim a bit and face some ninjas. So basically that boss battle is annoying rather than impossibly hard. Cracking game though.

Oh, and I finished P.N. 03 for the second time yesterday. I got the Blackbird instead of the Papillon so I guess I have to do all the trial misisons again. I don't mind though, it's the perfect excuse to continue playing the game \o/
  • kentmonkey 23 Jun 2005 12:47:49 20,691 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    itamae, when you get to the swimming bit, there is actually a save game in that section. If you go straight ahead through a tunnel, rather than straight into the lift, there's one in there. I found it by accident as I didn't see the lift first swim through so it helped me a great deal, I think it would have frustrated the hell out of me otherwise! ;o)
  • Nemesis 23 Jun 2005 12:54:45 18,655 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nothing.

It's been so long since I finished a game I'm having trouble remembering what that feeling is like.

Seriously. I think the last one was Golden Sun.

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrm. Yep, that's it.
  • kentmonkey 28 Jun 2005 20:51:05 20,691 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Call of Duty on the PC today. Man that's a great game. Took me about a year to complete as I hardly play on the PC at all & despite it being very linear, I loved it.

I would have liked to have been able to flank the enemy (ala Operation Flashpoint) but the whole cinematic experience was much better than Medal Of Honor, the game it was obviously copying due to it's development team mainly coming from that previous titles development.

Seriously considering getting the add-on.
  • sephy 3 Jul 2005 05:17:05 4,036 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    LOTR@Return of the king finished

I love playing games from start to finish over night :D

I've got 9 more ps2 games on my shelf to finish though :(
  • AlcohollicA 3 Jul 2005 13:16:37 2,355 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GTA San Andreas
    MGS3

Thats about it.

My uncompleted games include

metroid prime
    zelda ww
    viewtiful joe
    f zero for cube
    burnout 3
    gt4
    jak and daxter

argh, the list is endless and goes back about 15 years.

/Goes to play Super Ghouls and Ghosts
  • sephy 6 Jul 2005 07:33:57 4,036 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    3 days for me to Finish Onimusha 3 :) 7:33 game time

I know I finished Oni2, but can't recall if I finished oni1....

Edited by sephy at 07:43:50 06-07-2005
  • Hicksy 6 Jul 2005 09:24:30 2,594 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    so shouldn't have looked at this thread

now feeling total guilt

not completed a game in months, too busy with summer and stuff

got some cracking games that need finishing but can't see any decent chunks of free time for a few months yet

GAH! stupid summer! o_o
  • Derblington 6 Jul 2005 09:35:52 21,638 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hicksy wrote:
    got some cracking games that need finishing but can't see any decent chunks of free time for a few months yet
    I've got the time but I can't find the games to keep me hooked. Having fun with Area 51 atm (with Gradius V as a filler - and it's quality) but that's about it. GoW is released this week so I think that'll keep me going and I'm not whether to get Killer7 on release.

I think I'm going off gaming a bit.
  • itamae 11 Jul 2005 15:09:31 9,883 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finished Gradius V over the weekend after -what- half a year of on-and-off playing (when was it released again?). Took me 17 credits 5 lives on normal, but at least I completed it before getting free play.

/is unleet \o/
  • oceanmotion 11 Jul 2005 15:12:33 15,952 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Beyond Good & Evil on Xbox.

Great game, nice humour, voices suit the characters perfectly. Too short, dodgy camera though.

Glad to of finally played it.
  • GingerMagician 11 Jul 2005 15:30:45 3,012 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Last game I finished was MGS3 - WHAT a game that was. Really want to play through it again on one of the higher difficulty settings (completed it on Normal), but the backlog is so great I can't see it happening.

Need to go back to some stuff that is part-finished (ICO - hasn't grabbed me yet, Half-Life on PS2, Oddworld Stranger, and a couple of others), but Halo 2 on Live just distracts me - especially now there's some more new maps.

Plus an 18-from-Play GT4 landed on my desk this morning . . . . . . there just ain't enough hours in the day!
  • Feanor 11 Jul 2005 16:06:10 14,166 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I finally beat the only Skill Event I hadn't finished on the Legend Tour (Intermediate difficulty) on Links 2004 on the Xbox. I had to eagle 3 out of 4 Par 5's on the Ocean Mill course and it took me hundreds of attempts spread over 9 months.
  • Deleted user 11 July 2005 16:09:26
    I couldn't tell you the last game I've finished. Um, MGS3? And that was months ago. Oh, Halo 2.
  • Page

of 412 First / Last