Recently Completed Games Page 2

• Page

of 417 First / Last

• Deleted user 5 June 2005 19:23:53
    Pariah, not fifteen minutes ago. It has some nice bits but slightly clumsy controls and dodgy AI let it down. Still, needed something to distract me in the wait for God of War...
  • Angel_Treats 5 Jun 2005 21:43:26 11,072 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I *finally* got around to finishing Golden Sun last night. After having owned it for a loooong time. It might have had to do with the fact that I bought a second hand NES SP yesterday, as my GBA with the afterburner is scratched to fuck now.

It'll be Metroid Fusion on the train tomorrow, as I never got around to finishing that one either.

Oh, and the final boss in Golden Sun, the fusion dragon, was a piece of piss.

EDIT: We also unlocked all the songs in Donkey Konga 2 but I'm not sure that counts...

Edited by Angel_Treats at 21:55:03 05-06-2005
  • jaxon58 6 Jun 2005 00:40:50 2,422 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Last week completed Morrowind for the second play through, this time with both add-ons.

That's a LOT of my life spent in Morrowind I'd like back now please. Please?
  • Feanor 6 Jun 2005 03:13:05 14,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Recently finished the American version of Devil May Cry 3 on Easy, Normal and Hard with a time of about 57 hours. I also just beat the final level of Counter Strike: Condition Zero on Normal, and finished the main storyline of Xenosaga 2 in about 46 hours. Xenosaga 2 has a lot of extra things to do after finishing the main story, but I don't think I'll bother with them anytime soon.

Oh yeah, two week ago I got Rainbow Six 3 for the Xbox, beat it on Recruit in 10 days and then traded it back in. I would have tried the harder difficulties if Ubisoft just made the enemies harder, instead of also limiting the amount of times one can save.

Edited by Feanor at 03:18:25 06-06-2005
  • beep 6 Jun 2005 04:33:04 450 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finished Zelda: Minish Cap about a month ago. Have since finished Ninja Gaiden on Xbox three times (once just to finish, twice to get all 50 scarabs, unlock Ninja Gaiden NES games and wreck havoc with the Unlabored Flawlessness, and then thrice to get the Dark Dragon Blade as a useable weapon [wasn't worth it]).

Also started playing the original Call of Duty on PC again, and am about two missions before the end. Stalingrad is one of the best levels EVER.
  • mrharvest 6 Jun 2005 07:08:29 5,200 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mapster wrote:
    Get a hold of Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS1 for easily the best FF game ever.

I didn't like FFTactics. The battle system was a case of 'hit shout until you've gained 2000 ap per battle' and once you had a bard and summoners everything died without even getting a chance to hurt you.
    Something wrong with the exp system if it rewards not killing the enemies efficiently but standing around and using a single command every round.
  • smoothpete 6 Jun 2005 09:16:49 31,574 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I finished Resi 4 last night, I'm shocked at just how amazingly good the whole thing is. I would say that it was probably the best game I have ever played. I worship at the temple of Capcom

And before that I did Jade Empire which was fun, but not as good as KOTOR
  • Blerk Moderator 6 Jun 2005 09:17:46 48,225 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I finished Resi 4 on Saturday night and it was excellent. Although not the best game I've ever played.
  • Decoded 6 Jun 2005 09:29:26 4,426 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Xenosaga 2 has a lot of extra things to do after finishing the main story, but I don't think I'll bother with them anytime soon.

Heh. I attempted the first extra dungeon and found it absolutely rock (in comparison to the relatively easy main quest at least). Suffice to say I haven't yet gone back.

The last three games I finished were RE4, Haunting Ground and Shadow of Rome.

/Capcom whore
  • itamae 6 Jun 2005 09:30:46 9,887 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've finished RE4 for the second time last week, and now I'm trying to complete the game with just the infinite launcher - using the chainsaw controller for added freakiness. It's a lot harder than it sounds ;-)

Other than that... er, Stella Deus and Brave Soul (don't ask).

Oh, and I've stopped playing Star Ocean 3 for now, after about 110 hours. Even though my characters are maxed out at level 255 and I've got the usual assortment of souped up ultimate weapons, Tri Emblems, the Victory Trophy, Bunny Shoes and lots of Boots of Prowess I still can't beat Lenneth, the first of Star Ocean's three "Weapon monsters". On the plus side, the game's actual final boss which you can still challenge for a laugh dies in about five seconds now. \o/
  • Decoded 6 Jun 2005 09:34:30 4,426 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    itamae wrote:
    Brave Soul (don't ask).

Heh heh you naughty boy... :p
  • Twinkle 6 Jun 2005 10:40:27 542 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Completed Champions of Norrath for the 4th time recently. And Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2.

The Bard's Tale next!
  • UncleLou Moderator 6 Jun 2005 11:03:55 35,712 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Recently completed games?

/breaks down and cries

Nothing! Nothing, absolutely nothing! It's not my fault! I am a victim, a victim of Blizzard!

Must...reach...lvl....60.

Seriously, I once was good in finishing games. These days, I buy games, play them for 2 hours, and return to World of Warcraft. Someone help me, please. :/
  • Whizzo 6 Jun 2005 11:05:51 43,187 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've not completed anything for ages for similar reasons, although that's CoH rather than WoW.

Too many cheap games around as well, I keep buying the bloody things!

Oh well only God Of War and Battlefield 2 this month probably...

This space left intentionally blank.

• smoothpete 6 Jun 2005 11:33:16 31,574 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So with WoW and MMORPGS (as I am completely ignorant), can they be finished? I mean, is it something you can complete in the classic gaming sense? I don't think I could play something if it didn't have an ending
  • Madder-Max 6 Jun 2005 12:58:52 11,660 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    GTA San Andreas...twice......well....the story mode anyway. Its the only game I can be arsed to complete although I admire the patience of anyone who does 100% completion; spending hours looking for that one final oyster, horseshoe etc....

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Stickman 6 Jun 2005 13:12:31 29,666 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    KOTOR II then KOTOR I again, as the second one made me remember how good the first one was! Ending to the second one, has to be the most tacked-on, tedious, room clearing ever!

Also Mercenaries and Fable. Both boring after a while I thought.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Destria 6 Jun 2005 13:15:32 2,836 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've completed World of Warcraft.

No. Really.

The last game I completed... probably Golden Sun II (after getting stuck on that sodding dragon). Before then... umm... Half Life 2.

D'oh
  • Feanor 6 Jun 2005 14:16:41 14,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I finished Resi 4 last night, I'm shocked at just how amazingly good the whole thing is. I would say that it was probably the best game I have ever played. I worship at the temple of Capcom

And before that I did Jade Empire which was fun, but not as good as KOTOR

Are you going to give Mercenaries a go? Best mini-game ever, IMO. And you can really improve your scores with practice.
  • smoothpete 6 Jun 2005 14:19:59 31,574 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Feanor wrote:
    Are you going to give Mercenaries a go? Best mini-game ever, IMO. And you can really improve your scores with practice.
    I had a quick go last night but kept getting my head chopped off from behind. Finally made it through alive to be rewarded with one star... I am pretty cack handed at headshots
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 Jun 2005 14:22:26 26,138 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Metal Gear Solid. About 6 years ago.

Yes, I have the attention span of a goldfish.

Nearly finished KOTOR I, but am a little stuck at the moment.
  • Feanor 6 Jun 2005 15:04:23 14,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    Feanor wrote:
    I had a quick go last night but kept getting my head chopped off from behind. Finally made it through alive to be rewarded with one star... I am pretty cack handed at headshots

On the Village level playing as Leon, you want to go around collecting items (especially grenades) and extra time while killing a few ganados. The location of the extra time power-ups can be found on the map. The chainsaw ladies can be stunned by a shotgun blast, so if you don't run out of shotgun shells and listen for the chainsaw noise you should be OK.

Then you should go in the cabin with a ladder, a ledge and a red barrel inside it. Climb up the ladder, kick it down and wait for the ganados to come in the front door. Open the chest for a 30-second bonus power-up, and then shoot the red barrel. Wait for more gandos to come in, kick the ladder down if they start climnbing up it, and drop grenades on them for easy high scores.

Edited by Feanor at 15:04:52 06-06-2005
  • prettyboytim 6 Jun 2005 15:31:54 907 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just completed Half-Life 2. Lovely.

Before that the last game I completed was Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow on my mobile phone...
  • Derblington 6 Jun 2005 22:36:26 21,914 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have just this minute finished Jade Empire. A little too long but those Bioware boys do spin a good yarn. I only bought it last friday so it'll go back on 10 day return this weekend. What to get next?...
  • Retroid Moderator 6 Jun 2005 22:43:43 44,985 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    Nearly finished KOTOR I, but am a little stuck at the moment.
    I've finished that twice through.

Where are you stuck?
  • Pike 6 Jun 2005 23:37:30 13,447 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    I have just this minute finished Jade Empire. A little too long but those Bioware boys do spin a good yarn. I only bought it last friday so it'll go back on 10 day return this weekend. What to get next?...

To long???

You must be the first poster around here to voice that complaint. Most others, who had issues with the length, seem to think it was far to short. I mean 18 - 20 hours really isn't that long for an RPG.

As for finished games: During the past month I've finished Jade Empire (great), Hitman: Contracts (decent) and Gothic II (good).
  • Derblington 7 Jun 2005 07:24:03 21,914 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The actual game time was fine but the story lost interest toward the end. It felt a bit like 2 of the last 3 chapters were there just to make up the numbers.

Overall I really enjoyed it.
  • sephy 8 Jun 2005 08:05:05 4,036 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    literally just finished Metal gear Solid 2

/has Snake Eater on his ps2 hd

i would have linked to my mission stats, but konami shut that service down -_-

Edited by sephy at 08:12:37 08-06-2005
  • WoodenSpoon 8 Jun 2005 13:18:21 12,290 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just finished Alien Hominid now!

Ending sequence = lovely.
  • sephy 19 Jun 2005 13:13:02 4,036 posts
    Registered 11 years ago
    I finished another game \o/

Zelda: four swords adventure

I think that makes 13 games since January, although I'm sure im forgetting one or two
  • Page

of 417 First / Last