Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    The Ringed City

What can I say, Souls never found it's way back after 2
  • Malek86 12 May 2017 22:09:58 5,600 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Inside (PC)

Well, that was, uhm. I don't really know what to say. A haunting experience?

It was way better than Limbo, which I never found as creepy as everyone seemed to think. Very short, so it doesn't even outstay its welcome.

9/10
  • Hicksy 12 May 2017 22:18:25 2,614 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oxenfree (PS4)

Ace scripting and voice acting however the gameplay was a bit stilted but an enjoyable yarn for want of a better phrase.

7/10

Virginia (PS4)

Largely uninteractive but extremely stylish

6/10
  • chrisp 13 May 2017 01:22:39 972 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nier (PS3)

I enjoyed the demo of the sequel, and that made me want to check out the original, which still commands a relatively high price on PS3.

I thoroughly enjoyed it for the most part - loved the characters and the mix of gameplay styles, and found the story intriguing, but I wasn't a fan of the fetch quests (only did about 40% of the side quests all told) and found getting the final two endings a bit tedious.

I know its visuals were criticised at the time and I agree that many of the environments looked ropey but the boss battles looked great for the most part.

Overall I think it's a solid 8/10. I'll definitely be checking out Automata at some point.
  • TitanWarlord93 13 May 2017 01:51:59 97 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Watch Dogs 2 (PS4)

I have to say that this was a definite step up from the first game. It feels refreshed. Although story plot was a bit wack but I had really enjoyed the gameplay. Better benefits of hacking and lets you have the freedom to complete objectives however you want. Stealth your way or just gun them down and cause destruction on your way.

The character interactions were good and are sticking to their true personality rather than just acting in a way that we find cringeworthy.

If you had played the first Watch Dogs then you would not be disappointed with this one. If this is your first WD game then you wouldn't be disappointed too.

Anyway had a blast playing this.
  • VanillaLake 13 May 2017 21:46:01 254 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am replaying Super Mario Galaxy with Luigi after doing 100% with Mario back in the day. The camera is awful, specially at the most difficult part, which is what I'm doing right now: collecting the purple coins. Luigi's traction is cruel. At least, in Super Mario Sunshine you could correct the camera at almost any time and the controller was more reliable, a good ally for getting those blue coins...

GameCube was a wonderful console.
  • ModoX 14 May 2017 12:15:28 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Prey (Xbox) - 9/10

Really did take me back to the joys of SS2 etc (I never got into Bioshock) - these days I'm an impatient gamer, but I spent nearly 30 hours doing most of the side quests, reading every e-mail and listening to every audio log. I loved the setting and the atmosphere - it starts off really tense and maintains it perfectly for two thirds of the game, and for me it felt like you start to feel powerful at just the right time, any longer and I may have tired of the stress. Then the final act takes a bit of a pivot which makes it a bit more urgent and actiony, again at the right time as far as I felt.

Didn't really have any bugs or issues - a couple of awkward mission triggers, a couple of crashes, and performance issues in one large area, but no worse than any AAA game of this size.

I know many people complain about the combat - there could be some better feedback for making contact with your wrench, but I barely used that thing for the last 15 hours or so. Similarly shooting is only mediocre, but it really never got in the way for me at all. I think maybe it's not as freeform as you might expect - I focused on offensive powers and built everything else to support that, and the game felt perfectly tuned for it. I do get the sense that if you tried to go without the powers, and focus on strength or stealth or some other approach, you're making life very difficult. So in the end it felt like a game with one 'right' way of progressing and other side options if you want to give yourself a particular challenge on subsequent playthroughs.

Loved it in the end though, at this point I'm not sure at all which is in the lead for my GOTY out of this and Horizon.
  • coomber 16 May 2017 18:11:23 395 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Torment: Tides Of Numenera

Well it isn't Torment, that's for sure. But an enjoyable and very different RPG with a great system developed by Monte Cook.

Combat is pretty much entirely optional and the game really does become all about your choices.

Technically it is a bit of a dog though. The game stutters all the time (PS4), enemy AI during 'crises' takes forever to make its mind up when there is combat and there are some game-breaking bugs on occasion.

A good game that felt like an OK game because of its flaws.

6.5/10
  • Fourfoldroot 18 May 2017 08:51:36 2,181 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Tales of the Borderlands.

My first such telltale game and won't play another unless it's free too - maybe not even then.

First chapter was fine and the last 10 times better than the rest of the game, but there was a massive slog in the middle. Shame, being a fan of narrative based games like Until Dawn, Beyond Two Souls, and Root Letter, I really wanted to like this, but it just didn't grab me.

4/10
  • Rhaegyr 18 May 2017 16:05:12 3,648 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Been playing games since the early 90's up until the present day without much of a break. From Street Fighter to Counter-Strike to Super Mario World to Dark Souls to Sonic 2 to Resident Evil 4 to Metal Gear Solid and all the rest in between.

Fairly certain it's the greatest game I've ever played.

10/10
  • superbob85 19 May 2017 18:53:07 7,147 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    COD MW2 campaign still my favourite campaign in a COD game only one I still remembered the characters. 8/10
  • samharper 19 May 2017 22:20:58 783 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fourfoldroot wrote:
    being a fan of narrative based games like Until Dawn, Beyond Two Souls, and Root Letter...
    Telltale games were good when none of these existed. Now they've been beaten at their own game and continue to stagnate.
  • TitanWarlord93 19 May 2017 22:56:39 97 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

One of the best single player campaigns in the COD Franchise. The most memorable COD title ever known.
  • Darth_Flibble 20 May 2017 11:00:50 2,675 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Star wars: Fart Unleashed 2

Got it on Games with gold, thought I played it back when it was released, turns out i got the rental for ps3 back in the day but forgot about it due to being a bit naff. A very mediocre game but thankfully very short. Not as bad as the 1st game compared to QTE bullshit. Also the Vadar fight is terrible. Shame the Jedi Knight games were killed off (although different studio and publisher) The graphics look nice still via B/C

4/10

Edited by Darth_Flibble at 11:02:30 20-05-2017
  • ardamillo 22 May 2017 08:39:39 562 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yakuza Zero

My first Yakuza game! Really enjoyed the slow burn story and even most of the wacky side stuff, although it was pretty jarring at first. But mostly I just liked being a bad man in 80s Japan. Bonus points for the Shenmue vibes.

Would play another for sure.
  • Fourfoldroot 22 May 2017 08:56:16 2,181 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just finished Type Rider after getting it on PS+. Just the type of game the service should focus on, great little games I would never play otherwise.

Who would have thought I'd be so interested in fonts.

I think I enjoyed it more focusing on getting the trophies, just for a small bit of additional challenge.

It helped that I was stuck in a hotel for work over the weekend, otherwise I likely would have been distracted by larger games, but it's good for 3 hours or so.

7/10
  • Malek86 22 May 2017 11:19:35 5,600 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Puss-in-boots (360)

More Kinect games for my collection. This one was surprisingly fun, for a licensed game with motion controls based on a movie I haven't watched. There are several gameplay gimmicks, so you won't get bored through the course of the (short) story.

As usual with Kinect stuff, gestures aren't always detected in a perfect manner, but as usual with good Kinect stuff, the game will take a broad range of gestures, so it's often not a problem.

Quite the workout too. That's always satisfying.

7/10
  • lordofdeadside 22 May 2017 12:35:40 1,281 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Prey - Xbox One

Loved it, felt a bit like Bioshock, HalfLife and Dishonoured all rolled into one. Great environmental story telling, some clever twists and turns and an addictive gameplay loop too. Best game I've played this year.

10/10
  • kostasfil 22 May 2017 12:40:49 11 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished for the first time Bloodborne and it's dlc. It's been a marvellous but very hard trip to the land of entertainment. I also started ng+ but i don't know if i will continue it.
    For me it' s the game to buy a ps4 for.
    10/10
  • Moth_Pope 22 May 2017 14:15:05 17 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished Resident Evil 7 (PS4). Enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. Turned out really well in my opinion. The final 3rd of the game is kind of drawn out but I felt like it ended before getting too old.

This was followed by the Resident Evil HD remake (PS4). Must've completed this game 7-8 times on various platforms. It's still great.

Up next is finally getting round to finishing Doom (absolutely loving it just been on the backburner a bit) and really getting into TitanFall 2.
  • Graxlar_v2 22 May 2017 14:15:46 6,087 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    @kostasfil which ending did you get?
  • 2old4disshit 23 May 2017 16:55:50 382 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Super Mario Bros/Land/Whatever 2 3DS-

good classic Mario fun, it is charming. Got a cheap 2ds just to play through the mario games. I completed all* the levels, including the three hidden worlds. It was quite a good challenge to replay levels to collect 90 big coins to unlock the last world. Few gripes-

What is the point of coin rush? Would have preferred multiplayer like on the gba mario games.

Bit easy at times, especially when it offers you a white invincible racoon suit if you die a few times in a row.

Boss battles are repeated and too easy.

Difficulty spike on world 6.

* I cant be arsed with finding all of the routes through the game. Had to Google how to get to the two hidden worlds.
  • Nitrous 24 May 2017 22:58:10 1,402 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Type rider (PS4)

Another obtained recently on ps+. Dismissed at first as I'd never heard of it but after seeing two games (Limbo and Trials) mentioned in EG's review I changed my mind

Anyway, 10 levels so not the longest game but I liked it for being different. Not that difficult, just a few trial and error sections. It had that just one more go about it... Maybe another, oh that the time.

8/10
  • Rajin 25 May 2017 14:45:02 739 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    God of war 3 (ps3) 7

Very disappointing, starts on a high note and the first quarter of the game hints at it being the best god of war gamw. God awfull platforming and boring boss battles become centre during most of the second halve of the game.

Valkyria Chronicles (ps3) 9

Brilliant game, picked up at the 3rd last mission and loved most of the final missions (some.bullshit missess in the last one aside).

Uncharted 3 (7)

Glad I finished this on easy due to bullet sponge enemies during the boat graveyard chapter. Has some great moments, beautifull graphics and music but the stort is to disjointed and aside from Drakes origin does not have the same impact as 2.

Edited by Rajin at 14:45:32 25-05-2017

Edited by Rajin at 14:47:47 25-05-2017
  • jaxon58 25 May 2017 17:54:51 2,473 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Mafia 3

A good game overall, but it outstayed its welcome by about 7 hours. I completed the story and most of the side missions, and really felt like it dragged towards the end. Too much filler content and repetition.
    On the plus side, I enjoyed the story and characters, and it's a great looking game.

7/10
  • TitanWarlord93 25 May 2017 23:21:06 97 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode 01

Stiff controls, reused levels from previous Sonic games but cool soundtrack. Nothing else to say about it.

6/10
  • chrisp 26 May 2017 00:42:01 972 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Wii U

Absolutely brilliant 2D platformer, which is pretty brutal in parts; particularly the K levels, most of which took many, many attempts.

I completed every single level, including bonus levels, and unlocked hard mode. I played a few levels on hard but completing all the levels with no partner and one heart is going to be beyond my capabilities.

I really enjoyed the levels that used the "dynamic camera" (such as the mine cart one where you have to switch between tracks). Wish there had been more of those levels, and more mine cart levels in general in fact.

EG only gave this 7/10, which is a crime. It gets a 9.5/10 from me and I reckon it's a tad better than the Wii predecessor (but not *quite* as tough).
  • uiruki 27 May 2017 19:14:00 4,270 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Got my list back!

1) Battlefield 1 - PC - 4/5
    2) Gears of War 4 - PC - 4/5
    3) Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare - PC - 3/5
    4) Plants vs Zombies 2: Garden Warfare 2 - PC - 3/5
    5) Job Simulator - PS4 - 1/5
    6) Forza Horizon 3 - PC - 3/5
    7) Xanadu Next - PC - 4/5
    8 ) Code of Princess - PC - 1/5
    9) Ratchet and Clank - PS4 - 3/5
    10) Sengoku Musou: Sanadamaru/Samurai Warriors Spirit of Sanada - PS4 - 2/5
    11) Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna/I am Setsuna - PS4 - 4/5
    12) Dragon Quest Heroes 2 - PS4 - 4/5
    13) Ys: The Oath in Felghana - PC - 5/5
    14) Jazzpunk - PC - 2/5
    15) Hard Reset Redux - PC - 3/5
    16) Marlow Briggs - PC - 3/5
    17) The Room Two - iPad - 4/5
    18) Driver: San Francisco - PC - 5/5
    19) Strider (2014) - PC - 1/5
    20) The Last Guardian - PS4 - 4/5
    21) Toukiden 2 - PS4 - 4/5
    22) The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - Wii U - 4/5
    23) Alienation - PS4 - 2/5
    24) Dungeon Travellers 2 - Vita - 4/5
    25) Grim Dawn - PC - 2/5
    26) Touhou Koukishin/Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity - PS4 - 3/5
    27) Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Switch - 5/5
    28) Nier Automata - PS4 - 5/5
    29) Disgaea 5 - Switch - 5/5
    30) Blue Reflection - PS4 - 4/5
    31) Tokyo Xanadu ex+ - PS4 - 4/5
    32) Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - Switch - 5/5
    33) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 1/5
    34) Spaceplan - PC - 4/5

35) Vanquish - PC - 4/5

The port isn't perfect - I found myself second-guessing why I died half the time (being one-shotted from full health by basic enemies, instantly going into emergency time, things like that) yet found some of the sequences way too easy - but it's still a great game. Just sliding and diving around, popping enemies in slow motion feels perfect and I'd love more. Shame I can't compare my score with the PS3 version!

Fixing the damage issues and the odd bit where the scripting would break and I'd have to restart a checkpoint would make this a 5, easy. It's a little short and it ends suddenly but what's there is so much fun.
  • DangerousDave_87 27 May 2017 19:39:44 1,592 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @chrisp Nice to see you enjoyed the sequel, too. I think EG were more disappointed that it didn't make much use of the Wii U's features and wasn't entirely original.
  • Page

of 506 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.