Recently Completed Games Page 503

• Page

of 524 First / Last

• THFourteen 24 Apr 2017 20:53:48 46,247 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ace Attorney : Apollo Justice completed!

Maybe its just been a while since i last played a phoenix wright game, but i thoroughly enjoyed it.

Did not like the perceive mechanic if i am being picky.
  • ardamillo 25 Apr 2017 01:36:32 593 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Final Fantasy 15

Finished it a couple of days ago, still not really sure what happened :)

Such a strange game. I'm still cruising around the world doing side quests and I'm not sure why - they are so dull but somehow satisfying.. And the open world still throws up the occasional surprise.

Thinking about it, as a game for "fans and first timers" it's kind of insulting to first timers. It seems to think they want "press A for Awesome" combat and lots of flashy cutscenes that make no sense. Mastering combat is one of my favourite things in each new FF game but this time after 40 hours I still don't really feel like I'm in control. If I was a first timer this wouldn't give me much of a clue what is so great about some of the earlier FF games.

Also interesting that about 10% of players have the Platinum which takes some serious grind - seems like it's still mostly for the hardcore fans

The Last Guardian

Surprise winner of 2017's Most Infuriating Game award! Simple puzzles where the answer is obvious but you have to struggle with derpy physics and a recalcitrant cat beast to progress. Saw it through to the end out respect for the PS2 games but this was a special kind of misery.
  • Malek86 25 Apr 2017 06:32:52 6,327 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I finished the story in 50 hours, and got the Platinum in 70 hours. I've seen far, far worse trophies around. Besides, platinum trophies are almost always meant for hardcore fans anyway.
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Apr 2017 06:41:50 21,979 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ardamillo wrote:
    Final Fantasy 15

Finished it a couple of days ago, still not really sure what happened :)

Such a strange game. I'm still cruising around the world doing side quests and I'm not sure why - they are so dull but somehow satisfying.. And the open world still throws up the occasional surprise.

Thinking about it, as a game for "fans and first timers" it's kind of insulting to first timers. It seems to think they want "press A for Awesome" combat and lots of flashy cutscenes that make no sense. Mastering combat is one of my favourite things in each new FF game but this time after 40 hours I still don't really feel like I'm in control. If I was a first timer this wouldn't give me much of a clue what is so great about some of the earlier FF games.
    I am a total FF virgin, so I will able to give you my view when I play it, it is next in line after Sniper Elite and Mass Effect.
  • drhcnip 25 Apr 2017 08:00:40 5,391 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

woah, g! you actually going to play a jrpg for once?...;)

not that ff15 is particularly representative of previous games in the series, but its my favourite since 12 and probably since 9...youll probably hate it...:D
  • ardamillo 25 Apr 2017 09:57:04 593 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I'm a big fan of 12 (especially the gambit system) but the combat in 15 just didn't do it for me. I kept thinking there must be something I'm missing, but no...
  • ardamillo 25 Apr 2017 10:01:15 593 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I finished the story in 50 hours, and got the Platinum in 70 hours. I've seen far, far worse trophies around. Besides, platinum trophies are almost always meant for hardcore fans anyway.
    Did it feel like a grind? I only have a few left, but they looked pretty grindy. Especially that one for maxing the survival skill. I hate walking.
  • Malek86 25 Apr 2017 10:31:40 6,327 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ardamillo didn't take me much to max survival, but I never used chocobos anyway. It will probably take much longer if you did. The only other annoying quest is fishing, but once you understand how it works, it's not really that hard. I think you don't even need to complete the fishing questline, just max Noctis' skill.

I guess it can feel like a grind if you are not used to walking or fishing, but really, compared to some other platinum trophis I've seen, this wasn't nearly as bad.
  • Deleted user 25 April 2017 10:44:38
    Fishing is the only one i have left... i just didnt have the heart to waste my life on it.
  • JoelStinty 26 Apr 2017 13:23:51 5,840 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shovel knight

Really good solid old school fun. Just a well crafted and engaging game. Didn't find it too difficult or for frustrating. Bosses were class. Will try the other Dlc packs later in the year.

4.5/5
  • superbob85 26 Apr 2017 22:02:47 7,983 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Life is strange
    Never really had a game get me like that was an incredible experience from start to finish. 9/10
  • samharper 27 Apr 2017 11:42:29 892 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I loved Life is Strange, best narrative game I've played, blows Telltale out the water.

Absolutely beautiful art style and great voice acting, very immersive. Script can get a bit weird but they're West Coast USA hipsters so it works.
  • superbob85 27 Apr 2017 12:19:24 7,983 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hearing life is strange 2 is in development but with new characters. Not sure where they go with the story after the ending.
  • Malek86 28 Apr 2017 21:41:54 6,327 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rise of Nightmares (360)

My Kinect marathon continues. This one was better than I expected, the controls are actually decent. Movement, for example, works a lot better than in Disneyland Adventures. And hacking zombies to death is pretty fun. You can even find knuckle weapons and go all Kenshiro on them.

But it's all very simplistic. After a while, it gets boring, so it's probably a good thing the game is short. The story also goes to hell after the first half. I dig the visual look though, something of a spiritual successor to House of Dead (same development team apparently).

7/10. It's good for some quick fun and doesn't outstay its welcome or infuriate you with horrible motion detection, but for its launch price it was definitely not worth it. Of course, I picked it up two weeks ago for a fiver, so that would explain my generous score (as with other cheap Kinect games you can pick up today).

Edited by Malek86 at 21:48:00 28-04-2017
  • HarryB 29 Apr 2017 00:30:39 7,178 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Watchdogs 2

Enjoyed this quite a bit, some of the mechanics aren't the best out there, but the story was fun and I didn't think anything was annoying or done badly. It does make me pine for a new GTA, though.. the car handling just isn't right.

Props for use of the Prodigy in a mission, too. I still think PGR4 was awesome due to them featuring.
  • TheDuskwalker 29 Apr 2017 00:31:07 53 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I finished Nioh, Zelda BOTW, and Nier Automata a few weeks ago.
    I assume I'm close to finishing Horizon: Zero Dawn. Just started Dragon Quest Heroes 2.
  • UncleLou Moderator 30 Apr 2017 09:03:43 38,789 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What Remains of Edith Finch 10/10

Holy cow, where did this come from? Absolutely amazing. The game single-handedly reinvents how you can tell stories in an interactive medium, and not just once, but several times. Mind-blowing. It might be a "walking simulator",but it's also one, if not the, most innovative and original games I've played in years.
  • Stranded87 30 Apr 2017 10:12:47 1,650 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What Remains of Edith Finch 9/10

Endlessly inventive and generally very well written. Almost a 10 but aspects of the stories didn't land with me quite as well as I'd hoped and some of the sections could have controlled better.

My second favourite 'walking simulator' after Firewatch.
  • UncleLou Moderator 30 Apr 2017 10:28:51 38,789 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    \o/
  • uiruki 30 Apr 2017 11:38:22 4,412 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Right, since it looks like the site I normally post on isn't coming back soon, I thought I'd catch up with what I've finished since Zelda.

Nier Automata - PS4 - 5/5

Brilliant. I've always been put off by the shoddiness of Yokoo's games before but with that mostly gone I was able to appreciate what he was doing properly. An amazing climax.

Disgaea 5 - Switch - 5/5

Aside from a few tech issues it is the best, most complete Disgaea. I only wish there was more voice acting in the DLC stuff as Disgaea's story is best when read by a group of people who sound like they're having enormous fun for the whole time.

Blue Reflection - PS4 - 4/5

A good example of how limiting scope can help you get over a budget. Nothing revolutionary, but I enjoyed the focus on empathy and understanding in the story, and the three main characters were very well done. Not for everyone, though; the camera's leering got a bit much at times.

Tokyo Xanadu ex+ - PS4 - 4/5

I still think this game has some plotting and scripting flaws but they fixed a lot of them in this PS4 remix. The 1080p60 and extra skip modes really helped push the improvements to someone who played the original as well. Really looking forward to going through Ys VIII again in a month now.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - Switch - 5/5

A real labour of love; normally that comes with a caveat but I don't think there is one in this case. Every inch of this looks fantastic and the extra frames of animation (and doubled framerate) make what was previously a pretty slippery game easy to navigate even for someone who is normally allergic to platformers. It's absolutely the kind of thing that's perfect for the Switch too - though it was quite short I really appreciated being able to take it with me without having to mess around with save files or anything like that. Super vibrant on the Switch display.
  • Malek86 30 Apr 2017 12:15:59 6,327 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @-Gemini44- even Ghosts?
  • Darth_Flibble 30 Apr 2017 14:01:04 2,833 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Walking dead season 2

As it was "free" on Xbox one GwG, played it on 360 and 1st time I liked it but the telltale formula has not changed much since this game. All your choices mean sweet FA, it would be nice if changed the ending a bit. While you can't have massive different ending for all the choices, you might as well have a blue, green or a red ending. The engine is still as bad as it was on 360, locking up while the game saves

6.5/10 (was 8/10 back on the 360 when it was new)
  • samuraishep 30 Apr 2017 14:26:49 22 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Horizon zero dawn. Pretty good ,looked amazing on the pro with a 4k tv. Some bits were infuriating the combat against humans and when the robots were aware of you , the close combat wasn't that great. But I enjoyed setting traps and taking them down from afar. Liked Aloy as a character thought she was well rounded. Didn't do all the side quests and metal flowers. Good but not great.
    4/5
  • TolandsRancour 30 Apr 2017 18:37:29 1,951 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Little Nightmares 10/10

I really love this, I was guttted when the end credits started to roll. I have SO many questions!!!

It gets very creepy towards the end and has the same vibe as Inside, the environments are very familiar but at the same time completely alien.
  • mattshark 30 Apr 2017 19:59:53 817 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mass Effect 3 8/10
    Second play through of the trilogy, 3 is still the weakest, but an excellent game anyway. Also got the best ending.

Though after 6 hours of ME:A I feel that is going to take the title of the weakest.
  • UncleLou Moderator 1 May 2017 13:02:12 38,789 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yakuza Zero - 6/10

Never liked the combat much which oscillated between at best servicable, unremarkable and annoying, but the story, atmosphere, characters, sidequests are brilliant.

Would have given it an 8/10 if it wouldn't suffer from 1990's game design bullshit like savepoints, but no checkpoints, in a game that has sequences up to two or 3 hours before you can save again. Ridiculous, and only worked for me at all because I've played absolutely nothing else on the PS4 for several weeks, and always went to standby mode.
  • PierrePressure 1 May 2017 14:16:17 898 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Glad I'm not the only one who didn't enjoy time with Yakuza Zero.

It just felt too much like a relic of the PS2 days.

I've just completed Bloodborne on NG+ and the old hunters dlc.

Can't remember the last time I played through a game twice.

Hope there's a chance we see a sequel soon.
  • uiruki 1 May 2017 18:06:35 4,412 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nier Automata - PS4 - 5/5
    Disgaea 5 - Switch - 5/5
    Blue Reflection - PS4 - 4/5
    Tokyo Xanadu ex+ - PS4 - 4/5
    Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap - Switch - 5/5

Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 1/5

Holy shit, what a mess. Chapter 13 is what brought it down to a 1 for me - and apparently that was after improvement! Genuinely irritating to play with a floaty, unclear battle system and an awful camera. Fails to work either as an open world game or as a linear one. I didn't really like any of the characters, half of the story's emotional beats didn't feel earned and there were occasions where I genuinely felt like information had been kept from me so I'd need to watch the film thing or other cross-media stuff. The ending video was shocking quality too, just macroblock city. I'm sure the PS3 games had better quality CG. Watching the credits shudder along against a blank screen, I don't think it was worth waiting for the promised performance patches on PS4 Pro either.

I might actually be angrier after finishing this than I was after finishing Ryu ga Gotoku 6, and that game ruined characters I'd known for over a decade.
  • Page

of 524 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.